Emler Swim School Employee Reviews

Bad Management and Poor Work Life Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 16, 2018
This place is very political and would not recommend working here. They are unappreciative! Working 12 hours a day in the pool is terrible. Work anywhere else if you can.
Bad team, only Teachers get good pay
Deck assistant (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMarch 11, 2018
Not a good starting job, they want you to do all the cleaning you are the janitor for spoiled rich kids and the other employees are rude and back stabers.
Fun work environment
Swim Instructor/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2018
I worked there part-time during college, but there are opportunities for career jobs! I enjoyed working there. Everybody was nice and friendly. I enjoyed the work place. Would definitely recommend!
Fun
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2018
I enjoyed working with the children and helping them learn how to swim. Other team members were ok enough to get along with, but the management at times was a bit poor.
Best Job Ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland Village, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Very fun environment. Family and friends always gave a warm welcome. KIds are extremely cute and a joy to work with. Great company philosophy and goals.
Pros
great pay
Cons
not enough hours
It was fun but not for me
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Preston forest, txJanuary 28, 2018
I had a death in the family and they didn’t want to give me time off and never helped me when I needed it. The over all company was great but the place I was put it didn’t have good management
Fun for a time
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I was a swim instructor for Emler for 4 years. It can be a fun job, working with kids. But it can also be stressful, and the pool water can be rough on your skin and hair. Pays really well once you're there for a while. And if you're really digging the culture, it's pretty simple to make your way into management.

Perfect for college students.
Pros
Fun, good management (mostly), and good pay
Cons
Skin/hair health, weird hours, and customer service-y
Fun, enjoyable job with very poor management
LEAD TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 5, 2018
As for working with kids, I loved working at Emler. Teaching swim lessons was so fun and building relationships with my students was so emotionally rewarding. However, management does a very poor job of caring for their employees.
Great job if you love the water and kids!
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 5, 2017
Emler is a wonderful place to work. They're very organized, fun, and great at what they do! If you love being in the water and working with kids, this job is for you.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Tiring on long days
It's worth your time
Swim Teacher (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Everything about this job is perfect. The people, the customers, the atmosphere, everything is wonderful. No complaints at all. I can't wait to go back to worth there this summer.
Job mostly designed for high school and college kids
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2017
Corporate has some nice folks but there is a real disconnect of the inter workings of every site. Highly focused on quickly expanding the big box model, yet many sites need to be renovated or updated. Swim teachers are constantly praised (as they should be!) However, salaried staff members are often overlooked with the exception of the site director (boss of the facility). Managers tend to blend into the background often appearing as supplemental hourly staff to parents and customers. I would recommend Emler to any good high school or college kid who wants to make a little money while going to school because they will work with your schedule. But I can't honestly recommend to someone wishing to become a manager because of the hours, disconnected company interests and lack of care for this particular role.
Pros
Job training, perky people, adorable kids
Cons
long hours, poor communication, cheap towards employee needs at work
Call Center Employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 27, 2017
Great place to work! Love my co-workers and my managers! Schedule is easy to work within and the most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help kids become safe swimmers via scheduling their swim lessons.
Fun and educational enviorment
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 23, 2017
I loved Emler for the time that I was there. They had an excelent hands on training program. Every day was fun to see the kids I got to teach, and learn their different personalities. I loved the job, wished I could work there longer, however they aren't good with newcomers scheduling if they also have school; not much communication.
Fun
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 7, 2017
Good place if you love kids and don't mind taking criticism. Hard to be in the water for long periods of time and it was a little too far of a drive for me.
Pros
Hour break
Cons
No benefits
Awesome Place to work
Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXApril 20, 2017
Super cool managers and great way to start working with kids. Everyone there really enjoys their jobs and loves to help the other employees. Always happy and ready to work.
I've never met a more amazing group of people
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXDecember 8, 2016
I am challenged every day to keep up with this crowd!

Working at Emler Swim School is re-energizing every day. The corporate team are the brightest, most hard-working folks I've been around throughout most of my career.

As a manager, I find that the team pushes me constantly to strive for my best performance, and while praise and congratulations are freely and easily given, it is followed by more challenges and opportunities to excel.

This is a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to test themselves in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Pros
opportunities to shine; caring corporate and management team; collegial and team-focused environment
Cons
hard work! (but that's a "pro" as well)
Loving kids and teaching them to love water
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 9, 2016
As an Emler swim school teacher, I enjoy teaching children and interacting with them everyday and helping children achieve confidence in the water. As part of the office team I was able to talk to the parents about any concerns they may have had and was able to help them in any way I could. As a manager on deck, I was able to watch over the pool, interact with children as well as help out in the office addressing the needs of the parents when needed.
Pros
Thanksgiving and last two weeks of december off
Cons
Is not a nine-five job, hours will vary
Teaching kids to LOVE swimming!
Deck Manager/Swim Instructor/Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXMay 25, 2016
This is a fantastic place to work! I have worked here for over 3 years, and have loved every minute of it! You get to know not only your immediate colleagues and managers, but you also get to know the whole corporate team, which i LOVE! You get to teach kids all ages on how to successfully and safely swim in the pool. This is such a rewarding job, and trust me when I say that you'll love it! Managers work with your schedule if you are in high school or college, so that is never a worry for me! Also, Emler does this AMAZING tuition reimbursement program for you, if you go to college and are pursuing a degree. All you do is apply, and you could win up to $1000 per year! Pretty cool, huh? Come apply to one of our locations! You'll be so glad that you did! :)
Pros
Great pay; Food is always provided at meetings; Fun environment
Cons
Taking off is tough
Great place that is really flexible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2016
I worked here for two years and they were everyday was fun being with the students and their families. The staff is very close and instructed by good management.
Pros
Good pay, scheduling, time off
Cons
doesn't close often, must work saturdays
Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXNovember 10, 2015
This is a great job with a great growing company. There is lots of opportunity for promotions. Working with kids is fun and rewarding. There are not many companies that you get to interact daily with the owners and founders like we do. Emler is very innovative and stays on the cutting edge of the industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emler Swim School. Our community is ready to answer.