Emmanuel College Employee Reviews

studentcollegeenjoyworkingjobgreatworkenvironment

easy student job

nice flexible hours, it’s good for students because you can do homework during downtime, easy to learn the procedures here and you get to know other staff

Should of left long time ago

What is the best part of working at the company?Isant a good place to work don’t recommend it What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Expect to much in so little time it’s very stressful no support What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Not good orig you have mental healthWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Very stressful on day to day especially when we have Covid

It is very good! Friendly staff and organised.

The management in my opinion is very good! Always think the best way to give guidance!

Pros

Free lunch

What is the best part of working at the company?The best part is, you gain more experience on work and how to deal with different people, that includes your skills, it will also help you to have a good communication with customers, and colleges from work...What is the most stressful part about working at the company?You must learn to be on time at work, controll you emotions, you must be confident...and no better how wrong the customer is you must always know that you must learn to make him happy about the company services What is the work environment and culture like at the company?A great company culture can attract people who want to make part of the company or doing business with the company it's also inspire the employees to be productive What is a typical day like for you at the company?Monday is a good day for me, becouse I get more inspired ...

Pupils work, but staff are scared.

Positives:Pupils behave wellStaff leave at the end of the school dayParents are supportiveNegatives:Staff are scared of managementManagement are not personable

Emmanuel College insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment

Not as nice as you would expect

Management not on staff side …. Bedders are just a number… Not considered about if have a problem…Things are just brushed underneath the carpet and told to get on with it.

Pros

Christmas bonus

Cons

A lot of workload

dont work here

its so blahh. the people are toxic. everyone is, only good thing is dd and tuition remision. There are gyms on campus and they have some good percs.

Fun and fast paced

Fun , fast paced , friendly and professional at the same time , rewarding , I’ve been promoted within 3 years of service , training opportunities , good pension

Pros

Free lunch, pro rota

Cons

Hectic

Good place to teach

Emmanuel College is a great place to build up your personal academic career. Faculty members at the Chemistry Department are extremely supportive and accessible.

No support

There is no support from management or Human Resources they allow bullying and it’s tolerated never ever have I worked in such a volatile environment.

Cons

A community that is student conciencous

Working in the student financial services office was a valuable experience for both myself and the students and families. I helped them determine the best plan to pay for their education.

I mostly enjoyed teaching there except for the high rate of cheating.

Would demand that you took extra courses to teach with no recourse. It is a fair place to work and the faculty were helpful and friendly. I would not return.

Excellent Community Environment

Emmanuel College offers a great experience for student leaders to take on the role of responsibility as a resident assistant. The staff make the job, life-giving and comes with a positive attitude. A resident assistant requires perseverance and dedication to the mission of the college.

Eh

Nice place. Admin is stuffy. Been there too long. Need younger and fresher faces to help increase retention. Lots happens behind closed doors. Students entitled. Overall pretty campus.

Emmanuel is a wonderful organization filled with dedicated hard working individuals

There is a tremendous sense of community where staff and faculty establish long term relationships. Working with like minded individuals is a comfort under the current Administration. The student body amazing.

Pros

Generous benefits

Cons

Change/Forward Progress can move at a snails pace.

Work study

There were plenty of different types of work study positions to choose from. You can work in one of the administrative offices, front desk at the dorms, etc.

Not overly stressful

Keep your head down and do a good job, you'll be left alone. Students are great to look after as are the fellows. Get in young and stay to get a fantastic pension

Relatively relaxed workplace for both work study and non work-study students.

This job and employer, in terms of of part-time employment, is laid-back, supportive, and easygoing. I recommend this sort of position to an individual that is searching for part-time employment.

Excellent

Lots of fun as a teacher. I prepared courses for undergraduates and supervised specialised modules. I can recommend the college to anyone looking to get tertiary teaching experience in the UK.

Productive and Helpful

I enjoyed my time here and hope to continue to be a student employee at Emmanuel College. There was a friendly and helpful work environment at all times.

Great Learning Environment

Quite a few learning experiences are counter-intuitive. Most are given to induce a critically thinking and problem solving attitude while instilling a healthy respect of ethics and chain of command. This environment by itself may not be advantageous to all, but advantageous to most pursuing further advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emmanuel College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits