Emmanuel College

Emmanuel College Employee Reviews

studentcollegeenjoyworkingjobgreatworkenvironment

Good place to teach

Emmanuel College is a great place to build up your personal academic career. Faculty members at the Chemistry Department are extremely supportive and accessible.

dont work here

its so blahh. the people are toxic. everyone is, only good thing is dd and tuition remision. There are gyms on campus and they have some good percs.

Emmanuel College insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Fun and fast paced

Fun , fast paced , friendly and professional at the same time , rewarding , I’ve been promoted within 3 years of service , training opportunities , good pension

Pros

Free lunch, pro rota

Cons

Hectic

No support

There is no support from management or Human Resources they allow bullying and it’s tolerated never ever have I worked in such a volatile environment.

Cons

A community that is student conciencous

Working in the student financial services office was a valuable experience for both myself and the students and families. I helped them determine the best plan to pay for their education.

I mostly enjoyed teaching there except for the high rate of cheating.

Would demand that you took extra courses to teach with no recourse. It is a fair place to work and the faculty were helpful and friendly. I would not return.

Excellent Community Environment

Emmanuel College offers a great experience for student leaders to take on the role of responsibility as a resident assistant. The staff make the job, life-giving and comes with a positive attitude. A resident assistant requires perseverance and dedication to the mission of the college.

Eh

Nice place. Admin is stuffy. Been there too long. Need younger and fresher faces to help increase retention. Lots happens behind closed doors. Students entitled. Overall pretty campus.

Emmanuel is a wonderful organization filled with dedicated hard working individuals

There is a tremendous sense of community where staff and faculty establish long term relationships. Working with like minded individuals is a comfort under the current Administration. The student body amazing.

Pros

Generous benefits

Cons

Change/Forward Progress can move at a snails pace.

Work study

There were plenty of different types of work study positions to choose from. You can work in one of the administrative offices, front desk at the dorms, etc.

Not overly stressful

Keep your head down and do a good job, you'll be left alone. Students are great to look after as are the fellows. Get in young and stay to get a fantastic pension

Relatively relaxed workplace for both work study and non work-study students.

This job and employer, in terms of of part-time employment, is laid-back, supportive, and easygoing. I recommend this sort of position to an individual that is searching for part-time employment.

Excellent

Lots of fun as a teacher. I prepared courses for undergraduates and supervised specialised modules. I can recommend the college to anyone looking to get tertiary teaching experience in the UK.

Productive and Helpful

I enjoyed my time here and hope to continue to be a student employee at Emmanuel College. There was a friendly and helpful work environment at all times.

Great Learning Environment

Quite a few learning experiences are counter-intuitive. Most are given to induce a critically thinking and problem solving attitude while instilling a healthy respect of ethics and chain of command. This environment by itself may not be advantageous to all, but advantageous to most pursuing further advancement.

Great higher education setting

Helped students with athletic requirements in using basketball and volleyball arenas, using swimming pool, using gym and reserving use of facilities. Assisted coaches and athletes in preparing facilities for practice sessions and games.

Pros

People friendly

Cons

n/a

Innovative and engaging school

Emmanuel College, as a relatively young school, has developed a team with a welcoming culture and a drive to get the best out of themselves and students.

Only here a year

Emmanuel is a beautiful school on a small campus in Boston. The students were all design newbies, so I enjoyed launching them with a semester long project.

Pros

own office

Cons

one class was split over 2 days. Long commute

Great Student Job

Had to be chosen by professor- if given the opportunity it is a completely relaxed environment. You create your own schedule and can contact the tutees directly.

Pros

flexible, relaxed, make your own schedule

Emmanuel College Intern

I was an Intern for about six months. The job was slow and there was not much guidance and support to learn new things or grow my skills. The fulltime employees were very stuck in their own cliques and didn't engage me at all. I was not supervised super well and was not offered a position after the internship was over. It would have been nice to have more hands on experience and a job offer at the end.

Pros

Pretty place to work

Cons

People were not engaging, it was very far from home, no offer for fulltime job at the end of the internship, not a lot of support

Fun workplace to provide a small supplementary income whilst completing university studies

The job here is very fun as you get to work behind the bar whilst serving your friends, so hardly feels like work. The bar is a nice, relaxed environment with the additional perks of a few free drinks and unlimited snacks throughout the shift.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emmanuel College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Studying at Emmanuel College

Find out what it's like to study here.Read all reviews
  • Emmanuel College