Emmi Roth USA Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Chaotically unorganized mess
Worker (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIJanuary 20, 2018
No one is held accountable, it’s not what you know it’s who you know. Doesn’t matter how hard you work or how good your job skills are, advancement isn’t based off that which leads to a toxic work environment. Empty promises are a normal occurrence here along with double standards and favoritism. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Also you don’t need supervisory/management skills to be one which creates more issues.
Pros
Benefits and vacation
Cons
Job advancement and work environment which cancel out the pros
It's a job
Packaging Team Member (Current Employee) –  Platteville, WINovember 20, 2017
You lift 20 lb blocks of cheese all day long. Management doesn't take this into consideration when setting wages. Very little training and that is from coworkers. So if there is misinformation, it keeps getting passed on to new employees. Management pretends to care, listens to problems, then does nothing. Employees are pitted against each other because management tells everyone to watch each other and if they are doing something wrong, tell them. If that doesn't help, go to your supervisor. Employees babysit each other because the supervisors are never actually IN their department to see what's going on. The hardest part is the manual labor. 20 lb blocks of cheese doesn't sound like a lot until you lift it all day long.
I have never been so excited to work for a company as I am with Emmi Roth!
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, WIOctober 11, 2017
I have nothing but good things to say about this company, I have not been with or heard of a company that you begin with the amount of benefits or PTO. They really do try to make your experience here a great one. HR is thorough at making sure you understand exactly what you are able to get with all the certain benefits. If they do not know they will find out. My co-workers are very friendly and the environment is relaxed and positive. I have not had or sensed any negativity while being here. I am very excited to see what my future with Emmi Roth has I store for me!
Pros
None!
Cons
Flexability and understanding for your personal life style and schedule.
Incompetent
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIOctober 6, 2017
Hr is pathetic. You never see managers/supervisors. Always in their cubicles or chit chatting in break rooms drinking coffee. No life outside of work. Lazy people with no work ethic get promoted because they're friends with management. i wouldn't recommend this place to nobody. The most greedy place I've ever worked for. And I'm not even talking about what they pay their employees (which is horrible btw) I'm talking about how cheap they are when they are fixing stuff. They barely give maintenance what they need and when they do it's cheap. Never have spare parts on hand so when something breaks you're screwed for a couple weeks. The most unorganized factory I've ever seen or heard of. All around horrible place. no stars out of 5.
A company that I am proud to work for.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Platteville, WIJuly 28, 2017
I have worked for Emmi Roth in Platteville for a while now and I can honestly say that it is a great place to work. From day one, people were welcoming and helpful. Like many companies, we have issues to work out, but the entire team is willing to make the necessary changes to create a culture that's beneficial to all levels of employment. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for stable, long term employment with a company that really cares about its people, its customers and its products. Don't let the negative reviews on here fool you - there will always be haters and they feel they have been wronged in one way or the other - we cannot change the way they feel. Our workforce is stable, our management team is solid and our growth and stability is second to none. This company is moving in the right direction and will continue to be successful for years to come.
Pros
Stability, growth, and a feeling of belonging and being heard.
Cons
Growing pains! Not necessarily a bad thing!
worst atmosphere I've ever seen
packager (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIJune 25, 2017
Co-workers treat you like dirt, supervisors and management pretend to be your friend but treat you like dirt...don't think I need to say anymore. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
Difficult Place to Work
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, WIJune 1, 2017
Lots of infighting between departments. Significant lack of respect for new employees coming in with much needed experience. Very much a middle school click mentality. They hire the people this company really needs and then they systematically mistreat them so they head for the door as soon as possible.
Pros
Free coffee, discounts on product
Cons
Poor Management, infighting, incompetent HR
This company sucks.
None (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIDecember 13, 2016
I should of new right from the start about this company to run. I applied for a supervisor job, they called me for an interview saying they would like to interview me for the supervisor position. I go for my interview and they start interviewing me for production. I told them i was interviewing for supervisor and they had know clue they were even hiring for that position. What a waste of time. Why the heck did they even call me then.

I talked to some of the employees on my way out.
Employee's do more supervising then the actual supervisor. Employees have to set up there own work schedule and employees also do all traing of new hires cause supervisor doesnt know what is going on. Also plan on working 60+ hours a week with no set hours.

By the way its been 2 years and they still havent hired anyone for that supervisor position. And if you do apply here dont waste your time waiting around after interview for a response from them because it will never come.
Cons
Management sucks.
Great people and environment. Relocated HeadQuarters to Wisconsin
Accounting Manager, Temporary (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYJune 19, 2016
I started as a temp to reconcile banks and ended up being the accounting manager as the current one was fired the day before I started.

As in most finance departments, the days were busy yet productive. I learned JD Edwards, I learned how to deal with a different type of industry. The management was supportive and helpful. Co-workers were friendly and hard working.

The hardest part was having to train myself and create worksheets as the previous manager had no schedules (ie. Balance sheet analysis). She had no detail to large entries made during conversion so much time was spent on trying to go back and figure things out which was very time consuming.
Pros
Great People, Rewarding Position
Cons
Temporary assignment. Self taught
Good old boys mentality
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIJune 18, 2016
The Platteville facility is 3 yrs old without the bugs worked out, absolutely NO management team, revolving door personnel roster, and non existing game plan or budget in place.

It has to be the lowest morale in a plant in the state. They don't trickle the $ away, it's more like in tsunami mode 24/7/365.

Great opportunity for anyone straight out of high school or truly lacking any sense of work ethic. You have to truly not care while working there.
Pros
free coffee and sometimes cheese scraps
Cons
low pay, long hours, ever changing employees, sub-par skilled key players, no game plan
Good Team
Accounting Manager, Temporary (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYApril 17, 2016
The team was very supportive and the work was evenly distributed. The work/life balance was excellent. The training was thorough. No overtime was needed.
Pros
Strong, organized team
Cons
Short term assignment, no room for growth
Great, Fun, Innovative and Caring Company!
HR/Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, WIFebruary 25, 2016
There's always something new going on at Emmi Roth USA! The company allows a work environment which enables you to learn while you work.

Their company structure fits my every need. I look forward to coming to work each day. A company to grow within and looking forward to a bright future within!
Pros
Friendly Work Environment and Great Benefits!!
Great specialty cheese company and good work environment
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, WIAugust 4, 2015
Month close and start are busiest time of the month.
I have learned several different positions throughout the year and have grown tremendously with the company.
With the growth of the company many in managerial positions are relatively new to the company but bring in great new perspectives.
Disorganized, no established goals, no plan to improve
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIApril 28, 2012
The company was to family oriented. Struggled to move to a professional environment.
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
structure, no goal setting, instability, out dated facilities