eMoney Advisor

eMoney Advisor Employee Reviews

United States10 reviews
Company grew at a fast pace
Culture shift because of fast growth and ownership change. Well paying and fun company culture. Learned a lot. Everyone has a lot on their plates, including management. Most enjoyable part of the job was also the hardest and it was the pressure and hustle needed to make things work.
Great company to work with.
I enjoy EMONEY. I am relocating, so unfortunately I am searching for a new position that will be similar to EMONEY's culture and innovation. Most of my direct reports are very happy at EMONEY.
Good company working hard to achieve aggressive growth targets
This is a good company with aggressive growth targets. It's working hard to achieve them. Employees are friendly and smart. Downside: while they pay lip service to work/life balance, they really want you there 50 hours a week or more.
money
This workplace focused on the financial needs of advisors and clients. The main focus of the company was to provide a clear picture of the financial needs of user.
money
eMoney was a workplace for financial services. Helped clients organize their clients within the software and troubleshoot application issues. Servicing clients needs was
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Productive but lots of favoritism
It was a good place to work for in the beginning but as you progress you start to see and understand you are the middle man for all the departments. There are a lot of lazy people who work here that are only able to stay Becuase they are good friends with either management or their dads are gold buddies with higher management. The benefits are great, you are able to work from home but as explained you’re pretty much a under paid financial advisor. The training is pretty much self trained and it’s trial and error on the phones until a advisor asks for a planner. The planners will relay the information and expect you to regurgitate what was said. If you aren’t good friends with management you aren’t going anywhere in the company.
Cons
Micro managing at its finest
The work life balance is the best thing about eMoney
Other than the work life balance, the actual job is awful and it’s getting even worse.

When I first started, I was amazed at all the perks and time off they give you; however, I soon realized that if they didn’t give you these perks most people would quit within the first month.

Poor training for very advanced knowledge that they require. You’re basically tech support, administrative support, and a mini version of a financial planner without the pay or training. Being a call rep is an absolute nightmare between the lack of training, micromanaging, ridiculous standards, stress and lack of pay. You’re basically the middle man for every single department and you’re held to insane standards.

Sure they’ll give you beer at “appy” hour, but won’t give you a bathroom break without cutting into your normal break time and God forbid it cuts into your precious stats. Call reps are treated like robots, not human beings. I’ve never been so micromanaged in my life. It’s terrible.

Some of the managers are very immature. They also play favorites. It’s blatant.
Pros
Lots of times off because you need it, free beer sometimes, relaxed dress code
Cons
Everything but what’s listed above
great benefits and atmosphere
great benefits and atmosphere; sells a great product; room for growth and career development; popcorn machine, milkshake machine, soft pretzels, candy dispensers
Great place to work with many perks
It's a great place to work. We were treated very well, and you could tell we were valued. No 2 days were the same, which made for a great, fun and energetic environment. Most of my co-workers were fabulous, and truly enjoyed being there. The fun, laid back culture made the days go by very fast.
Fun and talented group of cowoworkers
The company had a great culture with people who were daily excited about what they do, which was apparent in their demeanor and work ethics.
Pros
free breakfast, special team bonding events, snacks available 24/7, etc...
Cons
for me, the location-- commuting from the city was tough most days
Ask a question about working or interviewing at eMoney Advisor. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.8
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
4.0Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
4.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
eMoney Advisor Reviews by Location