Emory-Adventist Hospital Employee Reviews

4.6
Ratings breakdown
Great company to work for; very personable
Switchboard/Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 3, 2018
I loves working in this hospital. The people and the environment was very nice and inviting. I learned a lot working here and I hated when the hospital closed for good.
Pros
Close to home, benefits, environment
Cons
Needed a little more pay
emory
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 3, 2018
my time with this company would a interesting one, considering it was remote work from home, so i never had a face to face interaction with any of my co workers.
Good company
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 6, 2017
Like any other hospital setting, I could never predict a day. I can only go with the flow while working. I learned many people want to be your supervisor even though they don't have the title. That was probably the hardest part. The most enjoyable is meeting the different walks of life and sharing a laugh.
Pros
Enjoying great conversations with strangers.
Cons
Some wanted to be my boss
Productive Job
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 25, 2017
Very demanding work on HVAC units as well as motors fans electrical also ran duct work for new offices , worked on plumbing through out the whole hospital
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
No cross training
Hospital Closed
RN (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 14, 2017
Wonderful small hospital. However, currently closed. A great loss to the community. The leadership was excellent. The staff cared for the patients and each other.
Company closed
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJune 7, 2017
Work was ok - They promoted you if you were a Seventh Day Adventist member. Company has been bought out by Northside Hospital, I believe. I worked in the wound care department. The staff was nice but they were displaced from other departments.
Fantastic place to volunteer.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working as a volunteer at the Emory Adventist Hospital in Smyrna, Ga. Since Emory Adventist Hospital had offered me, along with other family members superb healthcare, volunteering there was my way of thanking them for their services. The hospital has since closed down, but is terribly missed by one and all throughout the community.
Pros
A small hospital with a cozy friendly atmosphere. Free CPR course. Free parking.
A place to be proud of
Certified Nursing Asst (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 16, 2015
This was my most enjoyed place of employment. I felt like family here at this company. It was so culturally diverse and though the wages wasn't as competitive as some others, they made it for it with the benefits and by making your place of employment feel like home so you never felt like you were at a job.
Cons
Small hospital, but good place to work
Manager/Chief Tech, Interventional Radiology (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 16, 2015
The Hospital Administration was very in tuned to what was going on within the hospital each day. The management was very approachable and open to new ideas
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
low level of inpatients
A environment which allows growth
Director of Medical Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  smyrna, gaAugust 6, 2015
excellent family environment. A facility that seeks excellence when it comes to quality outcomes. The Administrators allow creativity and innovative ideas.
Pros
wonderful growth environment
Cons
work life balance uneven
Management respect subordinates and a great place to learn on the job
WebLogic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 17, 2015
Management recognizes hard work and always available to offer help when needed. Friendly workers. Teamwork was great as team members always appreciate each other effort.
PACU STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  smyrna gaFebruary 24, 2015
The setting is a Seventh Day Adventist Christian Hospital, and it is a very maintained facilities. Good place to work.But it closed last October 2014.
Pros
not applicable
Cons
not applicable
Productive and helpful
Health Information Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GADecember 4, 2014
A good place to work. With the changes that was made there were something new to learn often. Good team players. The hardest thing was leaving at the end day and my work was not completed. I enjoyed my job.
Pros
Employees discounts
Cons
Short lunch breaks
productive and fun place to work
Lead Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 14, 2014
overall it was a great place to work, very busy and fast paste, learn skills in leadership and for growth, the hardest part about the job was trying to keep up with busy scheduled and trying to ge patients in for their appointments in a timely maner, the most injoyable part was being able to help others
The Hospital Closed its Doors after Forty years of service to the community
Foundation and Volunteer Services Director (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 12, 2014
The hospital was a great place to work. It was sad that it closed its doors on October 31, 2014.
A hospital with a family atmosphere dedicated to quality patient care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAOctober 30, 2014
A typical day at work on the Med/Surg Telemetry unit consisted of anywhere from 4-6 patients per nurse. Patients had a variety of diagnoses'. Some of the common ones being, chest pain, CHF exacerbation, hip fracture, ESRD, and uncontrolled diabetes. I learned how to prioritize, multitask, care for central lines, monitor blood sugar, and much more. I worked with a wonderful and patient group of people who were available to help me and teach me new things. The hardest part of my job was finding the time to get everything done in a shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to invest in the lives of my patients on a daily basis.
Excellent workplace with great benefits
MR Technologist (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAOctober 21, 2014
Enjoyable workplace with excellent Team work. High productivity.
Great people, happy patients
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 17, 2014
Same response I gave previously, pleasant employees, patients and management
Pros
Faith based hospital
Cons
It's closing October 31st
Great experience!
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 11, 2014
Great combination of emergency cases and still being able to have time to sit and talk to patient and family. Nurses were always willing to help each other out.
I have truly enjoyed my work tenure.
Occupational Health/Workers Compensation Nurse (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 26, 2014
A great place to work and caring people surround this place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emory-Adventist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Emory-Adventist Hospital Reviews by Location