Emory Healthcare Employee Reviews

low pay for a heavy workload
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2018
The workday is fast paced which does make for interesting days. Emory Healthcare does not pay fairly. Pay is low even for those who go above and beyond. It takes about 3 -4 years to see a significant increase in pay and HR is impermeable to your good deeds and hard work. There are point incentives within the company, awarding employees with point recognition which can then be used to purchase mugs, bags etc.. However, the point recognition system does not translate into fair pay. Very little training is given to new employees which means most work situations are "sink or swim."
Pros
Good benefits (health insurance etc.)
Cons
low pay, ineffective management
Fun
Patient Access Rep ER & Radiology (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2018
Great job if your looking to begin as a research technician. Pay isn't great but awesome place to work at and enjoy the staff that I was able to work with everyday.
Great environment.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2018
nice place work improves the health of the
community by providing quality, comprehensive
healthcare in a compassionate, culturally
competent, ethical and fiscally responsible
manner. I maintains my commitment to the
underserved of DeKalb county, while
also providing care for residents of metro Atlanta
and Georgia. I leads through its clinical
excellence, innovative research and progressive
medical education and training.
education advancement
Nurse Scholar (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2018
Emory appears to want to hire PA vs NP and refuses to hire if nurse continues education with online program Emory will not hire. There are many nurses who are having to leave Emory once they advance their education to NP.
productive and educational
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2018
working at Emory is educational, there are room to grow and learn new procedures or experiencing difference setting, such as oncology, research, cardiac, emergency, transplant, Bone marrow the exposure is limitless and the care delivered to the patients are excellent
Pros
the great experince
Cons
the shuttle to get to and from the facility daily
Great Job
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2018
I love Emory But I would Like to advance I been working at Emory for 6 years and would like to move up. I enjoy working for Emory. The job is easy sweet and simple.
good
Supervisor of Patient Accounts (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2018
great place to work been there 17 years love emory
emory is a great place to work the experience has been great they promote with the company and will help expand your career
Fun workplace due to co-workers
Patient Services Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2018
It's all about teamwork. Having the right set of people to help you whenever you need it and to coach you along the way is a plus. The environment and culture was fun because of the above mentioned.
Great learning facility
Medical Technician/ Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2018
Great coworkers and competitive place to work. The managers make sure that your needs are met, and the Ginuwine care about your progress.One of the most enjoyable place that I have worked.
Very good environment to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2018
What's up with the workday was working with all the residents there and I'm cleaning and customer service as far as you know helping others then environment was excellent to work in management was great
Pros
Always offered overtime
Cons
The distance I didn't have a car I would land on public transportation
great place to work
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2018
Great place to work and advance. Offers plenty of classes to help employees advance within the company. Needs action time separate from PTO. Everything comes out of one bank which does not seem fair
Very Nice Benefits
Radiology Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2018
Emory has great Health Insurance benefits and work well to ensure that you get the best out of your benefits. Also big emphasis on career advancement and ways to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to advance
Pros
Magnet Hospital
Cons
Very busy Teaching Hospital
Great people!
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2018
I work in HR so my experience will be different from clinical staff. Emory Healthcare takes great care of their employees and treats you like family. I recommend working for this organization.
Cons
Some managers need more interpersonal training
Great employer!
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAMay 3, 2018
Provides the atmosphere to grow within the company. Competitive benefits. The availability of educational material and classes to expand your knowledge of various areas in healthcare.
Great place to get your feet wet
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAMay 2, 2018
My coworkers and manager are an amazing group of people. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time learning with them. This was a great place for my first entry level job.
Amazing place to work
Unit Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2018
Best job i've ever had. Great benefits, people are fantastic, work environment is always positive and uplifting. Cutting edge technology. Friendly, helpful staff, no negative attitudes here!
Not a fun place to work
Manager Anesthesia/Perioperative Techs (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2018
Not a fun place to work
Group Think management style. Old age style of leadership. Human Resources and Some leadership still operate in the 1960.Really need to reconsider Human Resources responsibilities to the employees.
Work place environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2018
Emory Healthcare offers a tremendous choice of work experiences. The employees there are some of the best to work with and are the main attraction for working there. Dedication to being a strong patient advocate is the best in the Atlanta area.
Unfortunately, due to constraints in the healthcare business environment, the management at Emory can give the impression that everything would be fine there if only they didn't have to deal with the employees. There has always been a public display of how much the employees are appreciated, but it's superficial with a muted undercurrent of exasperation with having to deal with employees who are viewed in an adversarial light as opposed to a valuable asset.
Pros
Free annual Kroger gift card, some of the best benefit programs available, excellent 403(b) retirement program, tuition reimbursement for continued education.
Cons
Insincere attitude of employee appreciation
academic teaching hospital
Nurse Scholar, Relief Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAApril 25, 2018
EJCH is a certified Stroke and Chest Pain center. By working on the only Medical floor in the hospital, you can gain broad medical and healthcare experience
Great workplace helpful employees
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 24, 2018
Every job is what you make it I enjoy working at Emory to hear a patient say I helped them means allot and that's what's it's all about making a patient feel calm when they already don't feel well
Benefits
Cons
High call volume on Mondays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emory Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight