Emory Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,168 reviews matching the search See all 1,171 reviews
Great place to work with diverse opportunity for nursing staff to work.
RN Nephrology unit 52 (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
I had learned a lot while working at Emory. Emory had allowed me to better my communication and interpersonal skills. It is a friendly place where staffing can better themselves.
Pros
hard working floor.
Cons
short break
Loved my job
Respiratory Therapist Sr (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
I was able to work with pediatric patients and their families and help with lung conditions. I felt appreciated and valued as an employee. Being able to work closely with doctors to help these patients was very rewarding.
Pros
Working closely with physicians
Cons
Small office
insecure management
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Fulton County, GAJuly 11, 2018
management really needs to change here. Advancement was difficult if not impossible! absolutely no tolerance for new ideas for improvement. Frustrating environment with constant complaining. Not for me.
Pros
Cons
no advancement
Emory is a great place to learn new and exciting treatments for paitents.
LPN Transplant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30322July 7, 2018
At Emory you work with a diversity of patients and learn something new every minute of the day. Emory has the most qualified training program for new LPN's and teaches new techniques quite often. Working with the patients is the most rewarding experience you can get working for Emory the most difficult thing is know when patient's are on a long list to receive life changing treatments. But being their for the patients every step of the way is rewarding enough to be a nurse.
Pros
learning new treatments every day
Cons
Non caring bosses when family members are fighting for their live for the employees
Radiology
Radiologic Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2018
Good place to work, but management often came up with worthless, time-consuming projects for employees to do. Somebody probably went to some seminar and thought this was the current thing to do.
Msicu
Critical Care RN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 4, 2018
I would never work in Emory St Joseph MSICU. You it is going to be a bad work experience when the have a hard time keeping permanent and travel staff members.
decent place to work
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
Its a decent place to work. Work is not terribly bad for the pay, but the pay could be better. Benefits are a plus. Management in the area I worked could use some improvement.
It could be so much better....
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2018
I think Emory has the "bones" to become a great place to work. However, low salaries and lack of proper management training seems to be their current downfall. Salaries are almost laughable, their is not a lot of opportunity for upward mobility and worst of all, most of the managers seem to have no clue how to manage large teams of staff with differing personalities. Between those factors and EXTREME "micro-management", it is not the greatest environment to work in. They claim to have an open-door policy, but employees that voice concerns of offer suggestions are often singled out as "problem employees" and therefore, there is a revolving door of staff. I have literally never seen such high turnover rates in any other place I have worked. Emory likes to lean on their "great benefits" but compared to other places I have worked, they are mediocre at best.
Great way to interact with the material
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2018
It takes dedication but is worth it. I learned a lot more by teaching and leading discussions. It was a great leadership opportunity and a fun experience.
Frustrating
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients. I constantly felt like I was being told what I could NOT do, regardless of training. There was no chance for advancement, and it seemed like many employees were just over the entire healthcare field. Several PA's would show absolute no interest in patients, or that they were running an hour or two behind on their patients.

I had what I thought was good care at this facility many years ago, hence prompting my desire to work there. But it felt like a soul suck at times, from the long commute, to the lackadaisical approach from management.
Pros
free employee parking
Cons
short lunches, long commute, uncaring management
terrible culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2018
The corporate culture, communication, training, and collaboration are abysmal. They can't keep up with their growth and have promoted people that are unqualified and won't take accountability or try to help with anything (because they don't know what they're doing). There is a severe lack of innovation.
Nice teaching hospital
Lead tech, work and pull call in Ir and Neuro (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
Worked the med students,residents, and fellows. It was great to see how the progressed. Glad to have been part of the teaching. I also learned A lot in being there.
Pros
Good pay snd benefits
Cons
Some managment issues
Tremendous Opportunity for Growth.
Assistant Program Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
The best part of being at Emory was watching students grow from curious and expectant, to confident adult scholars. I enjoyed my career there a great deal.
overall, great place to work.
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 26, 2018
a typical day, was very busy. dealing with customer complaints often, reports, payroll, hours, accts receivables, employee management, solving problems on the fly. We all worked well together. I learned a great deal from my superviso and was very happy to have the opportunity to work with her. The hardest part of the job was managing people. That is also the most stressful part of the job which is why I am no longer interested in management. The most enjoyable part was all the patients I got close to and the wonderful physician's i had the pleasure of working with.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2018
I loved my job here, learned so much. Physicians are very informative and helpful, always willing to teach. My office was one of the best places I've worked.
High volume practice and i love the relationship with the patients
Patient Service Coordinator/Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJune 21, 2018
Each day was different according to staff and I learned to solve my own problems with out the manager. all staff worked well with each other and closing time was to hardest because patient still need to be seen. I love my providers
Very productive place growing with a gym for employees
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJune 20, 2018
This hospital is definitely a great place, they are growing and becoming more and more busy but they have the staff and amazing employees that work there.
Pros
Light days where you could go home early.
Cons
Leaving early all the time due to not being enough work
Registered Nurse
Nurse Clinician III (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 20, 2018
Management provides equal opportunity to advance through the system. The culture is very diverse and I never experienced any discrimination. The workload is heavy but it is nothing that an experienced nurse wouldn't be able to handle. Patient safety and satisfaction is a priority for this hospital. Overall, Emory is a wonderful institution to work for.
mental health treatment
Medical Director (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJune 16, 2018
I treat patients with mental health and subs abuse.It is a patient centered organization. We serve patients with chronic and persistent mental illness.
Productive Staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2018
Great experience with great management that will help you achieve your career goals and teach you on the job. Great work hours and they are willing to work out the right schedule for you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emory Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight