Emory Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,276 reviews matching the search See all 1,279 reviews
No team wprk
Experienced CCHT (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 20, 2019
I work for a contracting company for Emory Dialysis unit and the people they have chosen to lead have a different veiw on unity and team work and patient care and ethics, patient to tech ratio is fair most of the time and pay rate for some is decent.
Unorganized and stressfull
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 15, 2019
Working here is extremely unprofessional, unorganized, and stressful. Holidays are taken from your PTO bank. The computers and technology are slow, and the nurses are rude
n/a
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2019
I highly enjoyed my time at Emory as a Nurse Tech and feel that I grew exponentially as a person and an employee. The community is unlike any I have experienced at any other job. My supervisor was understanding of my health and allowed me to easily take time off when it got too hard to be taking care of patients "just like me".
Pros
Community
Cons
Hours, I would have preferred to work 8 hours 5x week to be on the same schedule as other companies.
Excellent customer
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2019
Great company to work, excellent service and hires within, provides career ladder to grow. Excellent opportunities for further education, reimbursement tuition is great
culture
Unit Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 31, 2018
I have worked at Emory for several years. I would like to take my career to the next level. The staff is supportive in growth and development, yet promotion is a long awaited desire.
Staff was awesome
Staff nurse in Postpartum/Maternal/Newborn (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2018
All the nurses I worked as team and everyone was helpful to help you succeed as a new employee.Everyone was family here. My manager truly cared about me.
Pros
coworkers stuck together as a team
Cons
long hours unable to leave when shift over.
productive
Unit Secretary/Patient Tech (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2018
typical hospital work day, team work, patient patients, good doctors and nurses. hardest part is not meeting my own personal goals. most enjoyable is putting a smile on my patients face despite what they are dealing with.
Pros
Money
Cons
Not enough
Academic learning Environment
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Cardiology (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2018
Great place to learn. Cutting edge medicine. Opportunity to implement and develop new programs. Working with multiple levels of health care personnel allows the learning to be shared by all. Leading multidisciplinary rounds and working with health care personnel and families. Tuition reimbursement is an incentive for continued personnel career advancement for employees. Seeing patients outcomes with support and caring no matter how it manifests gives a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.
Pros
Inservices
Cons
short staffed
nice place to work when fully staffed
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GADecember 26, 2018
I really like working at Emory they just need to hire more people on the third shift. Management needs to be changed to someone who has experience, not just a degree
Pros
discounted breeze cards
Cons
not enough employees
lots of different departments to consider to work, and also since its a university its ok
SPECIMEN PROCESSING TECH II (Current Employee) –  clifton rd, atlantaDecember 24, 2018
love working her,some policy is not too ok but overall it is a good place to work the hardes part is lack of staff.

Management is not so easy they lack skills and policy some of the managers are very partial if you are not their favorite..
Healthcare - Cardiac Unit
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2018
First person of contact for family and internal and external staff members. Courteous, personal and professional given customer service. At any given moment, the entire unit can shift into an emergency setting, Must be adaptive, acceptable and ready for change at all times.Calm and confident with great listening skills.
Pros
Great Teams
Cons
Merging of hospital policies
Overview
Director of Safety and Security (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2018
The organization provides a much-needed service to the communities near its locations. Turnover among staff and leadership is very prevalent. Micromanaging, accountability, and responsibility are also issues.
Pros
Longevity.
Cons
Less than industry-average pay for critical positions.
Productive work place working in pre certification
Patient Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 17, 2018
Emory was a great place of employment. Working in the Pre-Certification department each person was task with the day to day assignments to make sure the sections that your were assigned received pre-certs for procedures for incoming patient admits.
Very Fulfilling
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2018
Good place to work. Very fulfilling. stimulating environment. working for a leader in healthcare. ALways something happening. Lots of areas to learn from.
Pros
environment
Cons
none really
Great Work Place
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2018
A typical day began with starting the coffee for all the cancer patients that came on a daily basis. Love making them feel special. Then retrieve to my desk and prepare for my patient. Checking them and giving stupendous customer service to each, made me feel so wonderful. I love interacting with the Oncologists, and making sure their specified needs were met, such as, ordering ex-rays, or making sure they receive their vital calls. The most challenging part was practicing medical transcription on my breaks.
Pros
Great enviromnment, Great benefits, most of all opportunity for career advancement
Cons
Had to leave
Productive and Fast Pace, but Poor Wages
Senior Consultant, Training & Org.Development (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 6, 2018
It is ever evolving and can be stressful due to health challenges of patients. Rewarding to assist patients in scheduling and meeting their needs. Self-care is not realistically available for those in non-clinical positions. Times are not conducive to work schedules to take care of the employee as well. This needs to be explored more in the culture of Emory. It is not an unfavorable place to work, but there needs to be more flexibility in work schedules to take care of employee and patient.
Pros
Fast Paced, Friendly Patients, Reputable
Cons
Pay is not great and not many opportunities in management
Loved this role!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2018
Peer and coach mentoring, doing what it took to staff and timekeeping. I love working with people and assisting the director. Management worked as a team with me. Great experience!
great place to work
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2018
i really love working for emory. i have never had any problems and been working here for over three years. as long as you do you work you will succeed
Self-Care
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 1, 2018
Pros
Overtime offered
Cons
Communication
Johns Creek Location
SOCIAL WORKER, MSW (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GANovember 28, 2018
Not that great of a place to work. I don't much more to say, however I can't go on without typing something so I'm doing it to move on with the rest of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emory Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight