Emory Healthcare

Emory Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States1,625 reviews
Found 1,625 reviews matching the search
A Typical Day
A typical day is very busy with a diverse female clientele. Some come for routine checkups while others come with health concerns. Making clients feel at ease is critical, in addition to providing quality images for others to review and make diagnosis.
Great place
Heard horror stories from other people . Absolutely loved Emory Midtown.Great team work and workable management. Ever needed anything it was supplied.No favorites everyone treated equally.
Quick and constructive feedback on projects
I only worked here for a while to edit a video as a freelancer, but it was easy to get in contact with my supervisor. They gave constructive feedback without being overly critical.
Dept by dept
I feel like I am singled out a lot. Others are not working while I am and if I so much as go to the bathroom, that's when my manager is looking for me.
Manager
Manager CIU unit which is a holding area for admitted patients. Managed a covid unit during pandemic. Staff, manage and evaluate the staff for multi-diagnosis.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Job Security
It was a very busy place. It was understaffed, so everyone was always very busy. Pay was appropriate. People were nice. Workplace culture was good, everyone was very nice to work alongside.
Dept. Differs From Organizations
Dept. consists of a director that use to be the manager and just doesn't know how to let go. The moral in the dept. is extremely low and staff members do not trust or respect each other.
Cons
Lacking respect, accountability, & trust
Patient friendly.
Pt. treated well. No team work. Some doctors are rude and not approachable. Not comfortable voicing opinions because of the repercussions. Good teaching skills at Emory but it depends on who you precept with.
Productive place to work
Emory is a good place to work but management has their favorites which if they don't like you, you loose your job. They don't care about their employees well being
Subpar quality of care
Emory
Emory Hospital Midtown:

*Substandard working conditions. Renovations done to enhance aesthetics while staff lacked necessary supplies and life-saving equipment needed for adequate patient care.

*Compensation not on par with other hospitals.

*Revolving door. Midtown ER statistically experienced close to 100% turnover for two consecutive years due to poor management. Five management teams in 6 years. Most current management team - inexperienced, oppressive, and discriminatory.

*Poor quality care with doctors who are less than empathetic and distracted by the burden of meeting unrealistic quotas.

Because of what I witnessed over the years while employed at Emory Midtown, I would not trust Emory with the well-being of a loved one for fear of malpractice. The reputation behind the name is no longer reflective of the quality of care.
Compensation is not enough
You have to use your pro time for holidays brevement sick time. The pay is not enough to survive off of for the job that’s is required with no breaks at all and now during tha pandemic we are taking chances chances
Friendly environment.
Emory and my managers were extremely flexible when I had illness that was life threatening, and while I was attending school. They really put value on patient safety.
Productive work place
Great people. Everyone is kind and wants to help you succeed. I never felt uncomfortable asking for help or mentors. Tons of great perks and a ton of fun! The company is truly built on great principles and values and they stand by them. Management is humble, kind, and approachable. They take a special interest in who you are and what you want out of your job.
All about
It all about the pt care. However the Clinic im working in is also about staff its a good group people to work with. The group of doctor and nursers are always there to lend a hand when needed.
Just the best place
Emory is a great place for any job opportunity. They are fair and very encouraging for people to move up and get better in the field that the employees are in. I would give them absolutely more stars than 5, but unfortunately I can't
Family style Work.
No day is the same as the day before in healthcare. The procedure is the same but patients are different and have different needs. Changing of doctors can be challenging as well. Different doctors do things differently for the same procedure. The same instruments are laid on the table for the procedure but how its done different. Being the assistant to these doctors is being cognizant of their needs and wants; always being prepared to think outside the box. We try to make the work place a family style environment. A place where you want to come to work. But now its more patients and less staff. The most enjoyable part of work is seeing my coworkers and helping patients.
Pros
Staff/coworkers
Cons
Not enough staffing and morale decrease
Great
Great company to work for they are fair you would love them they are fair easily to discuss anything you need help with the management is fair very informative
Flexibility
great company to work for. No discrimination, training, great benefits, accomodate, travel, conferences, reimbursement for education...transfer to other departments within 6 months to a year.
Great benefits and salary
I think I would have loved working at Emory if the Specialist would have appreciated the fact that I was there and we were suppose to be a team. She made life miserable for me at every turn. In my profession, I had never been so unhappy about a job that I really wanted to learn about. There were a few coworkers I enjoyed working with, and because of them, I stayed as long as I did.
It is a teaching hospital with state of the arts technology. Best place to be if you have a life threatening illness or disease. It is home to international doctor sphysicians
Flexible schedules with privilege working remotely 2-3 days a week
Room to grow with multiple training for different specialties. Easy to work with colleagues and management. Flexible schedule and great benefits. 30 min lunch break not paid.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emory Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Emory Healthcare.