Emory Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,251 reviews matching the search See all 1,254 reviews
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2018
Very unprofessional with narcissistic behavior, has favorites and it shows. Poor judgment and all around bad character. Doesn't no how to talk to people. Tells lies. States that nothing never personal yet the management is always right. My way or the highway so to speak.
Staff is underpaid and treated like trash.
Pros
Cons
unfair treatment
Productive and Fast Pace.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2018
My daily routine is always busy starting from reading emails to manually typing minutes at committees. I'm managing 4 supervisors' calendars and well as scheduling them for meetings, phone calls, etc.

I'm doing weekly reports and I'm always typing minutes for daily, weekly and monthly committee meetings.

I'm consistently working on projects with managers with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint presentations.

There is hardly a time for stand still in my line of work at the hospital. It's very productive and fast pace.
Pros
Benefits are excellent. Discounts on meals.
Cons
There will be times when you're not able to have lunch or get a quick break.
Patient Care assistant
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2018
Emory healthcare was okay for the first year until you start to notice the politics and cliques. They pay below others I believe. You can expect to have rude people to deal with everyday be it the coworkers or patients due to poor patient to staff ratios
you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.
nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2018
Poor management. Body system . You will get promoted only if you know right person. Poor culture at workplace.T here is a lack of ethics that discourages nurses and medical assistants from paying careful attention to duties and customer service.
As result more unhappy patient. However, manager blame staff. For plotting spot 15 min per patient. If doctor spent more time with one patient another had to wait longer. Nurse get blame for patients frustration.
Pros
Cons
long hours, non appreciate
I love working at Emory
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Emory University, GANovember 4, 2018
One of the best employers in Atlanta or the US. The pay might be low but it's people first at Emory. Emory does not rebuke you when you make a mistake instead they get to the bottom of why the mistake occurred. It's a wonderful work environment. I feel secure and I feel like the company cares about me as an individual.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Low salaries
Healthy w
RN (Current Employee) –  AtlantaNovember 3, 2018
Emory provides a healthy work environment. Emory is built on core principles and service standards. Emory healthcare embraces a diverse community, each person is treated with respect and dignity.
Great work environment with supportive work staff
Pharmacy Technician III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2018
Working as a pharmacy technician at Emory was a rewarding experience. I was able to gain valuable knowledge about how a hospital pharmacy is run and operated.
Competitive and fast paced workplace
Remittance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 2, 2018
It was a fast paced and competitive place to work. Sometimes it was stressful to get the info that was needed inputted into the system in a timely matter.
Pros
Huddles to start day
Cons
not enough leeway with time
Typical Day
Cardiothoracic Surgery LPN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2018
Meet and greet the patient and assess and gather information. Completed phone calls regularly and escribed prescriptions. Assisted patients in and out the rooms
Horrible management
Social Work (Former Employee) –  MidtownOctober 29, 2018
Social service management is very disorganized and unprofessional. They do not spend adequate time with employees to make fair and reliable evaluations. They overwork their staff, show favoritism, & make promises about career advancement opportunities that are never actualized. Will also throw you under the bus to avoid confronting leadership deficits.

Want to know more about Emory Healthcare?

Ask a question
Progressive Learning Environment
Revenue Cycle Development Analyst, Orthopaedics (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2018
Emory is so large that it's difficult to see the impact you make, but it's an incredible place to work. Until I left, I didn't realize how progressive Emory is. Emory is a great place to acquire imperative skills.
Pros
Progressive, Opportunity to Learn
Cons
Difficult to see your impact on the organization/patient experience
Great company
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 26, 2018
Great company overall. Has bad managers in some departments. More good experiences than bad. They have good benefits for health, dental, vision. Was happy overall.
Challenging but rewarding at times
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2018
- Work day can go from relaxed to hectic quickly
- No manager for nearly 2 years
- culture is tense
- Hardest part is the lack of management support
- My patients
Pros
Patients
Cons
Lack of leadership
Productive and Pleasant
Patient Service Coordinator/Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAOctober 22, 2018
A very busy doctor office and I learned a lot of people skills dealing with staff and providers. I worked closely with other cultures and management was great. The hardest part of the job was when the office is under staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the staff and providers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough staff sometime
It is a great place to work for
Vascular Sonographer(PRN) (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 21, 2018
The department I work for is great and everyone in is a team player.
The food is great, it is a great place to learn and move up in the department. The management works with you.
Pros
great food and benefits
Cons
parking
Emory Healthcare is one of the Best In the USA
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Emory Univ/ Decatur, and Emory at Crawford LongOctober 20, 2018
I have worked in several hospitals, clinics, and also behavioral mental health clinics as well. And Emory is one of the Best: in Research, in the overall care of patients, top notched physicians, nurses, and staff. I was part of the pastoral care department in the 90's. What a privilege being part of this department with excellent and skilled pastoral care leaders, educational benefits, learning, and also great preparation for the ministry, and hospital chaplaincy and other related vocations. I count being at Emory one of my greatest blessings working with these great caring and excellent expertise. I worked at Emory/Decatur, Emory/Crawford Long, and also on - call at Children's Healthcare/ Egleston, and also temporary work at Wesley Woods/Geriatrics, and also on call at all facilities. Thank you Emory. Emory is people, not an institution. That makes all the difference !
Cons
wished I could have stayed longer/ had some health issues/ mobility and left for a clinic job/
Great hospital to be involved with.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2018
Enjoyed being there- sometimes, I wish I was still there, but family comes first! The environment of managers was changing when I left, so I cannot fully speak to how things continued once I departed. The first 4 years I was there was wonderful.
Pros
Excellent administration.
Cons
Hard to wrap up the day and get out on time.
Great Environment
GA - Neuro/Surgical ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2018
I was lucky to work in the ICU for several years with people I still remain friends/family with. There is a great team aura about the place. All nurse and all hand on deck at Emory!!!!!!
The Best Company in Healthcare
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAOctober 18, 2018
Emory is Healthcare!!The patients, employees, physicians and community and matter as the world of healthcare is better because of Emory. I really do appreciate the foundation given as I was able to use no matter where I worked.
Pros
Family feel
Cons
Short lunch
Emory
Registered Nurse Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Emory for the past 2.5 years. I have transitioned from the floor to the ER. I have learned a lot at this facility I am glad I WORK HERE.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emory Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight