Emory Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,209 reviews matching the search See all 1,213 reviews
Patient Access at Emory
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 18, 2018
The Patient Access Department of the Emory Clinic is a great place to work. There is positive energy and collaborative effort in every undertaking. I would definitely recommend it as a stepping stone for anyone trying to break into healthcare operations.
Great Doctors!
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 17, 2018
Emory has the greatest of doctors! I learned all about stress testing and nuclear stress testing. They were very particular on the quality of care that their patients received.
Pros
Great Learning Experience
Cons
Distance
A great place to work
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2018
Emory Healthcare was a great place to work, if I did not relocate back to MI, I would definietly have still been working here :) We are all in this together!
nice
Patient Service Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2018
great company to work for; lots of opportunities for work professionals;workplace culture is friendly and professional;management is approachable; great!
Poor management
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2018
Management was extremely poor

The managers/leads were to busy trying to be the workers friends and that made the job very hard. The people that have been there for years bully the new people while management sit back and laugh about it. When you have a problem forget about going to management or HR because they are all friends. If you love drama Emory is the perfect job because it is filled with so much drama
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Short breaks
Great family based company warm & welcoming
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2018
I love the hole Emory Health Care. While working for Emory I love everyday waking up knowing im apart of the family . its always love generosity & appreciation with Emory.
The Harvard of the South
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2018
Some headlines are misleading. I'm not impressed with my time here. Management is horrible. Wages are low. Turnover is high. The culture is very misogynistic.
Strong company
Registered Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2018
Focused on customer care and quality. Employee perks and awards. Employee retention in most departments is top priority . Friendly personel but parking is not the best. They are working on that this year.
Fast paced environment
Clinical dietitian (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GASeptember 10, 2018
A great place to work, connect, and strive towards achieving quality patient care. Collaboration with other healthcare professionals to figure out creative solutions.
Work place is ok
Asst. Medical Record Tech (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2018
If I had to do it all over, I will not have work for Emory Healthcare. The pay is bad management is horrible. They don care about their employee and will let you go over just about anything.
Pros
Benifit
Cons
pays
Has likely changed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
I worked for Emory several years ago. It was not a great place to work at that time due to disorganization. I am sure things have gotten better since that time.
Fast-Pace and Stressful, but Fun
Service Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2018
A typical day at Emory in the Call Center was taking calls from patients, family, staff, and Dr. Place overhead pages for Emergencys at all of the Emory Hospitals and Clinics. Taking messages from patient to cancel appointments, speak to their DR's office for on-calls after hours.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Very stressful
teaching hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2018
Teaching hospital. Could provide better resources for staff. They seem to be trimming nursing resources little by little, having nurses work with the barest of bones. Taking on a heavy load of patients is common. Management is not very sympathetic.
Emory Great Place
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2018
It was a pleasure working for Emory and their benefits was awesome. If I didnt get hurt while on vacation. I would still be working at Emory. Emory have room for advancements.
CVICU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2018
The worst. They got rid of all experienced staff and replaced with Novices. Dangerous!
Benefits are expensive and cover nothing 55 dollars for a albuterol inhaler!
Pretty nice place to work
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2018
It has it's issues like every other workplace, but overall I have enjoyed my experience. The patient population can be very difficult at times, but that's what we are here for right!
Pros
work space, environment
Cons
few opportunities to move up/advance (but there is a small raise every year so that is great!)
PRN Float Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2018
I'm a PRN float nurse at EUH main campus. I personally enjoy floating to different departments. Although it is fast paced, I know that I'm in an supported environment.
My review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30308August 27, 2018
Emory is a good place to work and i like working with them. There is Job security when working with Emory.Staff have the opportunity to clamp up the later,and staff are been trained more often on new and old things to increase their knowledge.
fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAAugust 27, 2018
Emory is a good place to work. I worked PRN and I also got the hours i need to make ends meet.. my hats off to Emory the care about there employees.
GREAT Work Environment
PATIENT ACCOUNT REP II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2018
Working at Emory is pretty cool but it's hard to get in when certain people have their picks on who they hire from within. I have been here almost 3 years and still can not get under the Emory umbrella.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emory Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight