Emory University Employee Reviews

Student at Emory University Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Program
Student - WOC (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2018
I really enjoyed my three weeks in training at Emory University through the WOC program. I had great mentors and the staff is very friendly and willing to teach a novice in wound, ostomy and continence care. While I was there, I received excellent hands-on experience and I almost felt like I was part of the team. The staff was warm, friendly and very welcoming. I would love to work here full-time. However, currently live out of state and moving to Atlanta is not an option for me at the moment.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
lunches are too short
Good place to teaching position or professor
Postdoctoral Fellow/School of Medicine (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2018
The workplace is friendly. But the pay is rather low. The benefit is great for the salary level. Emory is great for professor job and long-term teaching faculty if you like teaching, but not ideal for people who want to climb corporate latter
Emory Alumni Turned Emory Employee
Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2018
Overall, I enjoyed working at Emory University. The job wasn't difficult and there was some flexibility when it came to scheduling. I left because there was little to no room to grow and climb up the ladder. I spoke to many coworkers who felt stuck or already at their ceilings due to lack of mobility.
Work-Study
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, GAJune 12, 2018
I was a work-study student-- I worked at Emory University's Oxford College. I wish I was able to work more hours, but other than that it was a good learning experience.
Great benefits; no room for growth or adequate pay (for staff)
Department Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2018
Emory is a wonderful place to work if you are looking for a safe, secure job that offers great benefits and a semi-flexible schedule (depending on the department). Staff on the university side, however, are under-compensated and rarely receive promotions or adequate raises without transferring to a different department.
enjoyable working place able to contribute to new patient treatment
Clinical Research Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2018
Working as a Clinical Research RN has been enjoyable allowing me to work independent yet collaborate with the entire Healthcare team. I have been able to use my RN skills and experiences to understand studies, help other staff understand the importance of a research study and most important help patient and their family member understand.
Pros
work with entire Healthcare team
Cons
not always able to full-fill a sponsor vision for a study
Leadership
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2018
Sr. Leadership should be more visible and take the time to get to know the people. Support for leaders should be available, more focus should be on building great people not only the work.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
detached senior leadership
Emory can be a good place to work with plenty of challanges
UTILITY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2018
A typical day at work details: reading the BAS front end to check for bad temperature or flow transducer readings, scanning the campus for faulty HVAC equipment operation, make a list of the problems found, making the repairs myself or directing them to the right department, setting up the meter calibrations for the day, checking in with the Energy Engineer for any utility work pending or to see if there is anything that needs my attention.

On most days at work I learn something, whether it be thru work experience or by someone sharing their knowledge with me.

The management at Emory stays on top of the game.They feel there is a need for constant change to keep pace with other universities. I feel that this change seems to be working well.

The overall workplace atmosphere at Emory is good.

The hardest part of my job can be finding documentation on older
existing controllers and controls.

I get great satisfaction when I complete a task successfully.
I am all over the campus working with different departments, finding solutions to the problems that arise.
Pros
free training classes
Cons
paying for parking
ok
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
This position did not encourage career advancement or personal growth. So, it's a great job for starting out, but not for internal growth opportunities.
benefits
Cons
internal career advancement
Highly competitive and productive work environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2018
I worked in research at Emory University as a graduate research assistant. The environment is fast-paced and extremely productive. I'm currently applying for post-doctoral positions and feel like the training I received from Emory makes me very competitive on the job market.
Very educational
FNP-C, Abdominal Transplant Unit (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2018
I work at night from 7P-7A. I work independently at night. I cover all abdominal transplant patients pre and post. I have learned a great deal here but I am now interested in relocating back to my home town in Florida.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Everything is closed at night
Very Busy during beginning of the semester
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2018
Very busy during the beginning of the school year with faculty staff as well as students. CIF of department always was prompt & kept department in tack. Very organized. All technicians made sure each professor staff as well as student had all software & hardware downloaded on their machine at beginning of semester.
Good temporary work environment that matches its academics.
Stacks Team Member (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2018
The University system in general is well integrated into the community, allowing for workers to see their impact both on student life and the greater Atlanta area. The experience was rewarding.
Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2018
Worked at Emory for a long time and happy to be a part of the community. It's hard to find internal jobs at times since there is not a lot of turn over but once you find a job it is a blessing.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No policy on compensation for overtime when salary position
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2018
Great Place to Work, grow, continue education and become a part of a growing student community, research community and overall campus community. Emory focuses on the health of there fac and staff.
Great place to WORK
Senior Secretary/ Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2018
I enjoyed my role in study abroad. Over the years there were so many changes in management. Work load was heavy but pay was great, great benefit package.
Pros
Great pay, Benefits
Cons
Stressful work environment
Amazing group of employees
Department of Human Genetics Part Time Temp (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2018
Only wish I was a full time employee! such a wonderful place to work.everyone is so positive and helpful. I look forward going to work everyday. wish all jobs could be like this one.
Pros
work with a Brillant group of people
Cons
that I am not a full time employee
Room for advancement
Tumor Registrar (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2018
Office space is very limited.Our department has moved twice,and we are now in a house.Parking is an issue as well. Have to park at a different location and take 2 shuttles to get to the office
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Travel time and lack of parking and office space
great
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2018
great place to work beautiful campus, great support, great organization. good food around, great postdoctoral office help with anything needed as a postdoc
Productive and fun place to work
Sr. Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2018
Emory University is a productive and fun place to work. Emory has an outstanding liberal arts colleges, graduate and professional schools, and one of the leading healthcare systems in Atlanta.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management