Emory University Employee Reviews

Great organization, great culture
Senior Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  AltantaJanuary 3, 2019
Emory is a great organization. It's a very large organization so the culture may vary across divisions. However, in general Emory is very respectful of employees and work life balance.
Emory University - Secure, friendly, place to work
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2019
In my experience, Emory University is a safe place to grow and work. People are generally friendly and helpful. They offer good benefits (especially healthcare) and support for workers. Your experience is often shaped by your work team culture versus an overall company culture.
Emory Is An Excelent WorkPlace
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2018
Emory offers a highly competitive benefits packages for all employees. The work environment is highly varied between the schools and departments. In my experience, my work environment has been positive and offers such benefits as a flexible work environment, decent salary and non-stressful pace.
Clinical Research Coordinator II
Research Project Coordinator II, Rollins School (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2019
There is some flexibility within my department. I can work from home on certain days.

I have been working for Emory for 8 years with little advancement and upward mobility. It is easy transfer from one department to another. However, it will most likely be a lateral move.

I don'f find the management at Emory to be very effective. There is very little regard to recognizing the employees effort and time served within department for promotions.

The human resources department determines merit increases every year and not the supervisor. The merit increases are average.

I am not impressed thus far working for Emory University.
Pros
flexibility, stability
Cons
little pay increase, upward mobility, poor management
Not a place for a police career
police officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2018
Management intimidated by experieced officers. Spent 5 years there little or no advancemment. Not a police job, more like security. Managemet side lines officers with experience due to most if not all supervisors there have never worked outside of a university environment.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible management very cliquish, no advancement, most officers leav e by their fifth year.
Great environment. Professional, Academic focused
Project Director/Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2018
Project Director/Program Coordinator
• Managed the administrative duties associated with a federally funded $3 million research project.
• Tasks included interviewing/hiring/training/supervising staff, writing and submitting grant proposals, budgeting, monitoring expenditures, data management, data collection, data storage, coding and statistical analysis.
• Tasks also included assessments of project participants, curriculum development and implementation, teaching classes, individual counseling, and group facilitating therapy sessions.
• Served as a project liaison to other university departments, outside organizations, jails/prisons, and government agencies
Pros
opportunity to career and educationally advance
Cons
Fun workplace. The college kids keeps me on point with everything.
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
It's a very hands on job. The management and HR,are very helpful with lifes ups and downs. I have been treated fairly when I had to have surgery. My paperwork was done thoroughly on both sides. Once I was diagnosed with breast cancer all my paperwork was taken care of.
Pros
The holiday break.
Cons
No unemployment benefits during the summer or winter break.
Great name - That's all
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2018
This company is not as great as it may appear to be. The Emory name is the only positive aspect of this company. Working here, is stressful because the salary does not support the increase in living costs. Job promotions occur based on friendships and brown-nosing behaviors, not by merit nor by work ethics.
Excellent job security and benefits
Senior Secretary/ Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2018
Emory is a great place to work. Excellent work /life balance. The benefits were outstanding. The culture of the community was enjoyable .Employees were always engaging in campus life
Good place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2018
A good place to work but changing a lot and requires more technical expertise. Mostly management is supportive but backstabbing happens sometimes. Good benefits and wfh
Pros
work from hom
Cons
management could better support us
Productive environment
Assistant Clinical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
Productive and competitive environment. Also an inclusive environment. Managers are supportive but expect employees to work at their highest potential. Excellent benefits.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Commuting time to work
Low morale
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2018
-Stressful
-Low morale
-Great benefits
-Management should be more in tune to the work
Environment
-These characteristics exists for the tech support
Team
Excellent Place to Learn and Grow
Graduate Research Assistant and Co-Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2018
I learned a great deal as a graduate student at the university. However, academic politics can be challenging. Certain professors gravitate towards students simply because they share the same methodology. At times I felt that faculty members were not open to different methods or perspectives.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
low student pay
A good place to get entry level experience
Assistant Director of Alumni Development (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2018
Emory is a good place to get entry level expereince, but it has a stagnant culture, and low salaries. In addition, it is a gamble whether you will get a qualified manager who is fair and cares about their employees advancement.
Great benefits
Information Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30303August 24, 2018
Emory has great benefits and quiet work environment. Great place to work and top doctors. Management change caused work goals and staff moral to decrease.
Pros
Health Insurance, 401K, great work environment
Cons
Grady Management decreased
Chief Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2018
Emory University was a great place to work. They provided a good salary package as well as good benefits. They provided employee training and provided a good teamwork environment.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
too political
I am not a full time worker/work on contract
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2018
Therefore I am not equip to give much information since I do not teach on site. I spend one day a week away at an offsite to instruct. I am part-time and cannot really speak on the work culture there.
Pros
great part-time job
Cons
no benefits
ok
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
This position did not encourage career advancement or personal growth. So, it's a great job for starting out, but not for internal growth opportunities.
benefits
Cons
internal career advancement
Not what I thought it would be.
Clinical Research Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2019
Emory has been a big disappointment. CRC’s are all overworked and underpaid. If you move up, don’t expect a large pay increase. You’ll gain more responsibilities, but not pay. Emory has an extremely high turn over rate for research coordinators due to the high stress and extremely low pay. Even with advanced degrees you are underpaid. I am truly disappointed.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Salary, salary, salary, high stress
difficult for advancement
Director, Corporate Marketing (Former Employee) –  Fulton County, GAJuly 11, 2018
Very clique ee culture! People are not advanced on merit - but are advanced on sucking up to insecure executives. Wish that hard work and creativity were valued more. Good, flexible hours for the most part.