Emory University Employee Reviews

Instructor
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2018
I taught psychology at Emory for a year full time and for several years part time while I was still a graduate student. I no longer teach psychology.
Fun workplace. The college kids keeps me on point with everything.
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
It's a very hands on job. The management and HR,are very helpful with lifes ups and downs. I have been treated fairly when I had to have surgery. My paperwork was done thoroughly on both sides. Once I was diagnosed with breast cancer all my paperwork was taken care of.
Pros
The holiday break.
Cons
No unemployment benefits during the summer or winter break.
Very focused on the condition under investigation.
Research Project Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2018
Review of medical records to complete the needed study documents for the ongoing clinical trial. Self-paced collection of required data for submission.
The hardest part was to see/review information on the pediatric subjects.
Pros
Enjoyed my office mate.
Cons
Mentally stressful due to the population that was being studied.
Leadership has issues
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2018
While I enjoyed most of the people I worked with, the atmosphere to upper management could be clannish and cruel. However, there was a feeling of reward watching and helping the students reach their goals.
Great, dedicated colleagues!
Sr Assoc Director Student Systems & Records (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2018
I always had good managers at Emory who balanced demanding the highest standards for outcomes while being great human beings. My co-workers were excellent. The work environment was very pleasant.
Great environment. Professional, Academic focused
Project Director/Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2018
Project Director/Program Coordinator
• Managed the administrative duties associated with a federally funded $3 million research project.
• Tasks included interviewing/hiring/training/supervising staff, writing and submitting grant proposals, budgeting, monitoring expenditures, data management, data collection, data storage, coding and statistical analysis.
• Tasks also included assessments of project participants, curriculum development and implementation, teaching classes, individual counseling, and group facilitating therapy sessions.
• Served as a project liaison to other university departments, outside organizations, jails/prisons, and government agencies
Pros
opportunity to career and educationally advance
Cons
Emory is a great place to work.
Research Specialist, Biochemistry Department (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2018
Emory is a great place to work. The work environment is very professional. There are clear guidelines on all employee related topics such as sick days, year end reviews, promotions, etc. My experience while at Emory was very positive
Pros
Professional, cosmopolitan, friendly environment
Cons
Not enough family leave time for new parents
I really enjoy it
Lead Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2018
Emory allowed me the flexibility to create a somewhat flexible schedule.My management team was supportive and close knit. I enjoy being apart of the Emory University family
Great place
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2018
Great school and exceptional people to work around. Excellent culture. Always activities and things going on and different ways to learn while working with students.
Great name - That's all
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2018
This company is not as great as it may appear to be. The Emory name is the only positive aspect of this company. Working here, is stressful because the salary does not support the increase in living costs. Job promotions occur based on friendships and brown-nosing behaviors, not by merit nor by work ethics.
Emory Is An Excelent WorkPlace
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2018
Emory offers a highly competitive benefits packages for all employees. The work environment is highly varied between the schools and departments. In my experience, my work environment has been positive and offers such benefits as a flexible work environment, decent salary and non-stressful pace.
Typical normal IT office environment
SENIOR DESKTOP TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2018
normal IT office environment, all day, everyday, great work environment with , great people , and events , all day , with everyday IT events, and tickets
Chief Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2018
Emory University was a great place to work. They provided a good salary package as well as good benefits. They provided employee training and provided a good teamwork environment.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
too political
Good place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2018
A good place to work but changing a lot and requires more technical expertise. Mostly management is supportive but backstabbing happens sometimes. Good benefits and wfh
Pros
work from hom
Cons
management could better support us
no comment at this time
Patient Service Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2018
no comment at this time/ I have nothing further to say about my Employer...Emory Healthcare. I found stability here................................................
Excellent and fun
Standardized Patient (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2018
This University is a top notch school and provides excellent education the their students through the use of standardized patients. they treat the actors wonderfully as well.
It's ok
EHSO Tech II - Professional II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2018
It's a good place to work at and the job is ok. I really cannot say more than that on the job and the working environment, it is just an ok place to work with many pros and cons.
Low morale
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2018
-Stressful
-Low morale
-Great benefits
-Management should be more in tune to the work
Environment
-These characteristics exists for the tech support
Team
Research Specialist and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
● Participated in clinical research on Pediatric IBD on Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
● Maintained daily temperature logs of IP storage area; isolated IP and notified site monitor in the case of temperature excursion.
● Created flow charts and source document work sheets used for source data documentation
● Collected blood samples and biopsies for different research studies.
Productive Enviornment
Assistant scientific grant author (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 19, 2018
A very cut throat environment with incredibly intelligent and motivated colleagues and friends. Must be able to self motivate and work on your own towards your goal.