Empath Health Employee Reviews

Passionate workplace
Suncoast PACE - Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLMay 15, 2018
Empath Health/PACE was a very busy place working toward the betterment of patients/participants during the process of caring for their health until the time of passing away. My day was very busy, and at times stressful - the hardest part of the job - but keeping the participants' best interests in mind helped ease that stress. The culture was one of collaboration because of the sensitivity of the programs, the health and the eventual passing of the participants. Not only them, but for their families. I learned to become more empathetic to the needs of the participants and families, which carried over into my personal life.
Pros
Nice office with a wonderful view!
Cons
No breaks
Very supportive work environment
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Pinellas County, FLJanuary 20, 2018
Management is great to work for, they listen to their staff and encourage us to maintain a good work/life balance. It is the best place I have ever worked.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Behind in technology a bit
Hospice is not what you think it is
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJanuary 10, 2018
Hospice is supposed to be about help and making a difference in people’s life but it’s not there. All about money to this organization. Hospice is not like it used to be. And the employees are missed treated by management and nobody cares.
Pros
Meeting lovely patients and their families
Cons
Paid little for all the work put in
Makes you feel like a volunteer again
RN (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 21, 2017
They lure you in with this work/life balance non-sense. The next thing you know its 11pm and you're still charting. Salaried position working 50 hours plus per week for meager salary and benefits. No wonder turn over is so high. Plenty of job security, though. Go figure.
Very dysfunctional management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Overworked; underpaid; dysfunctional management; high turnover; lack of trust; As always - the patients were the highlight of the job
Very rewarding.
LPN, Crisis Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pinellas County, FLOctober 18, 2016
I find working as a hospice nurse very rewarding, although it can be difficult at times I believe it is a necessary service. I've learned there are many different kinds of family dynamics and there really isn't any right or wrong. The most enjoyable part of the job is engaging family members in life reviews, the hardest, teaching them to let go.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
no lunch breaks
Integrated Healthcare Network
Vice President, Director, Manager, Staff (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 10, 2016
Empath Health is the largest, community-based, not-for-profit hospices in the USA. It is reknown for its innovative programs and compassionate care.

Want to know more about Empath Health?

Ask a question