Empire Auto Parts
Happiness rating is 43 out of 100

Working at Empire Auto Parts: 42 Reviews

United States42 reviews

*shrugs shoulders*

A typical day: answer calls, answer calls, rolling your eyes multiple times for multiple reasons, send out an email or 2, or 5…take a 30 min break (UNPAID) then answer calls, and more calls….go home & repeat the next day. The work itself is easy, if you actually understand what you’re doing. But after a while it gets overwhelming especially if you’re asked to do more tasks which I think agents should be getting paid more for. Don’t expect to have any work & life balance. The new HR staff will bug you for a doctor’s note for ANYTHING. There are some staff members who don’t know how to WORK THEIR WAGE/MIND THEIR POSITION 😂 Beware of the snitches. Customers can be very rude (Les Misérables as I like to call them) Having to work with the staff in the other locations via phone & email is so annoying because they do certain things differently than NJ (which I don’t even understand why when NJ is the headquarters but whatever) & it can be confusing. The other offices don’t grasp the fact that the NJ office is 100x busier & still expect help weekly. Also some of the supervisors/management from the other locations are trash (sorry not sorry)

Under Paid And Over Worked

I’m currently looking for another job because I am under paid here, and over worked, a lot of driving. You can work here for years and never get a cent of a raise. They lie and sell you a dream at the onboarding process. That’s why they can’t keep employees, the facility is filthy germs so wear you mask because the moment you get sick even being diagnosed with the Covid they will attempt to force you to work or fire you to prevent you from using sick time. The only good thing about this job is the ability to work alone.

Empire Auto Parts insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues

Positive Work Environment

I really enjoy working for this company!They have way more to offer than an hourly/salary rate.Company is big on team work and strong communication. M-F work is definitely a positive! Never an issue with payroll or management

Ok job,don't expect to much

Pay,benefits are nothing to write home about.Its a job that will get you by if you can fit in and don't get in an accident or you will be on the street.Cameras in the warehouse and GPS in the vans so you will never feel lonely🙄

Not a good place to work for

Not a fun place to work for they don’t understand boundaries of life outside of work. You don’t come into work at 7 am. And stay close to 7 pm. Mon thru Friday. Mangers come and go whenever they like.

Pros

Cons

No health care and raises

Great family company to work with!

The interview process was great. It was conducted by the VP of Human Resources. Onboarding process for remote workers is quick and easy. Their schedule is normal, they pay overtime and their whole HR department is extremely friendly!

Pros

They offer above pay grade

Cons

None that I can think of

It’s a job

Not paid enough to deal with the customers and the over reach of your supervisor. You’re expected to go above and beyond for minimal pay. Not a career job.

There has been some management changes since I left because of company growth. The GM is very nice and will accommodate you if he is able. A fair company to work for. They are about quality and service and they value their employees. In this day and age that’s hard to come by. Empire is a very well run an organized company a pleasure to work for. I miss working there. Been in this business 40 years Empire is by far the best company I ever worked for.

Pros

Fair and honest

Lack of safety.

Tread lightly. Pushes safety issues way past when they should be resolved. They work you way too hard for the amount paid. They work you through your break almost every day and still pull the half hour from your day.

Pros

You basically drive your office.

Cons

Push you to not taking breaks but still take the breaks out of your day.

Pays the bills

Honestly job is ok if your single or have a room mate expect to only have a life on weekends and deal with unnecessary attitudes as everyone is against each other. Also company has major trust issues and have recorders in all vehicles beware. Honestly if you wanna make money doing deliveries search for another job these people are not worth it

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Your just a number nothing more

Good place to work.

Good place to work. Management is always there to help and answer and questions and concerns. People are pleasant. Overall good work environment. Ownership is also helpfully and know their employees

Pros

Work independently

Empire is for empire not employees

Manager made this company sound better than it is! This place rushes you to load parts in van! Tells you to deliver them the fastest way possible,butt you are being tracked with a GPS unit in every van! If you break hard it sounds,turn hard,bumps on a turn will set it off,you can only do 5 over speed limit,you aren't just a parts deliveries person,you have to do your own inspections on every van you use,they bounce you around in different vans,during covid 19.vans aren't being cleansed!you are a sales person to! You have to inspect parts before delivering them,and inspect them as you pick them up,and you have to call office every time you pickup parts,and report them in to be put on your run,you do credit reports,if you don't call in credit reports or parts they will give you a written warning!you have to scan in and out every part you take out and bring back before you can go home!scanning is very slow,you are driving a minimum 200 miles per day,and when you get overtime they send you home early at end of pay period so they don't have to pay overtime.its a job.not happy with there rules and the way they treat drivers.if you have one accident they fire you or may give you a break and put you in the warehouse if they like you.

Pros

Warehouse gets and office people get an hour lunch

Cons

While drivers dont get a chance to take a lunch, and drivers are only allowed half hour.if they get a chance to take it.

Don’t do it ! Stay away !

For the Seaford location don’t waste your time. Salesman there is two face. Lies and deceives everyone. Toxic work environment. Not clear who your boss is because everyone is trying to be your boss. Racist employees and managers, bigotry running rampant. Company should be shut down. New rules everyday because salesman lies direct to boss in Maryland. Savage manger is a incompetent boss. Doesn’t know what is good or bad. The salesman will lie and she makes decisions off of emotional issues not good for company. They make the job harder than it has to be. Restrictions are abundant here for no reason. Not trusted to make simple decisions have to call to much for various clearance. Avoid at all cost to stressful for a simple job people make it completely useless.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Stressful toxic work environment

I only work here as a stepping stone until I find something better

This place is not a good place to work, their isn't any advancement opportunities and the pay rate is horrible. This place is only good as a stepping stone until you find the next job. I wouldn't recommend this job to an enemy.

Buen hambienteblaboral

Buen hambiente laboral buenos beneficios se trabajan 8 horas

Dynamic, Growing Company

Empire Auto Parts is a dynamic, growing company, moving aftermarket auto parts to better serve the customer. Management and owners are involved in day to day operations.

Freak show work environment

Dismissive manager has her favorites, no room for advancement overly stressful and depressing environment. The building is not safe and is disgusting and warehouse employees sexually harass you as well as the customers. Some drivers are jerks and lazy.

Waste of time if there ever was one

First of all, I wasn't going to accept the position because of time constraints due to transporting my child to and from private school. I was offered a part time position with the understanding I could only work from 8am to 3pm. The warehouse supervisor apparently decided to have an attitude towards me from the time I walked in on starting day. He seemed surprised of my time constraint which showed the lack of communication between the HR employee who hired me and himself. During my 30 day tenure, I only performed one day of performing shuttle driver duties which was what they hired me for. They have a worthless employee who hurt his shoulder and could only lift five pounds, and consequently he was placed in my position as shuttle driver, while I was placed in his delivery position. This worthless employee milked his shoulder injury as long as possible. Once another new employee was hired the poor excuse for a supervisor decided to contact HR and have me terminated because I was unable to work beyond the 8am to 3pm time constraint which I had. In hindsight, HR only hired me because they were shorthanded and they needed a sucker to help them out until they were able to find another new employee who could work the long hours needed to complete the job. I feel that what goes around comes around and karma will ultimately deliver severe consequences to the despicable supervisor and the worthless delivery driver with the never ending shoulder injury. May they both R.I.P.

It was hectic

They have a morning delivery have to be back by 12:00pm to start the second rout there is no get back specific time the good thing is that you are your own driver

Pros

Drive by yourself

Cons

No set time to get back

very poor management skills

this place is not a very friendly with there employees and the management is the absolute worst. nothing good to say about this place unless you want to be a driver. I know they have been in business for a lot of years but I truly don't see them remaining in business much longer due to the competition and they reason that Empire refuses to do any type of price matching nor do they want to increase the discount they are giving the customers... there very own greed is what will ultimately ruin this company .

productive and fast paced

Routes planned daily. Easy schedule to follow. Dispatch is handles problems pretty easy and help you throughout any problems that may occur while being on road.

Common questions about Empire Auto Parts

Answered by current and former employees at Empire Auto Parts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Empire Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits