Empire Auto Parts

Empire Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Dynamic, Growing Company
Empire Auto Parts is a dynamic, growing company, moving aftermarket auto parts to better serve the customer. Management and owners are involved in day to day operations.
Freak show work environment
Dismissive manager has her favorites, no room for advancement overly stressful and depressing environment. The building is not safe and is disgusting and warehouse employees sexually harass you as well as the customers. Some drivers are jerks and lazy.
Waste of time if there ever was one
First of all, I wasn't going to accept the position because of time constraints due to transporting my child to and from private school. I was offered a part time position with the understanding I could only work from 8am to 3pm. The warehouse supervisor apparently decided to have an attitude towards me from the time I walked in on starting day. He seemed surprised of my time constraint which showed the lack of communication between the HR employee who hired me and himself. During my 30 day tenure, I only performed one day of performing shuttle driver duties which was what they hired me for. They have a worthless employee who hurt his shoulder and could only lift five pounds, and consequently he was placed in my position as shuttle driver, while I was placed in his delivery position. This worthless employee milked his shoulder injury as long as possible. Once another new employee was hired the poor excuse for a supervisor decided to contact HR and have me terminated because I was unable to work beyond the 8am to 3pm time constraint which I had. In hindsight, HR only hired me because they were shorthanded and they needed a sucker to help them out until they were able to find another new employee who could work the long hours needed to complete the job. I feel that what goes around comes around and karma will ultimately deliver severe consequences to the despicable supervisor and the worthless delivery driver with the never ending shoulder injury. May they both R.I.P.
It was hectic
They have a morning delivery have to be back by 12:00pm to start the second rout there is no get back specific time the good thing is that you are your own driver
Pros
Drive by yourself
Cons
No set time to get back
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
very poor management skills
this place is not a very friendly with there employees and the management is the absolute worst.

nothing good to say about this place unless you want to be a driver.

I know they have been in business for a lot of years but I truly don't see them remaining in business much longer due to the competition and they reason that Empire refuses to do any type of price matching nor do they want to increase the discount they are giving the customers... there very own greed is what will ultimately ruin this company

productive and fast paced
Routes planned daily. Easy schedule to follow. Dispatch is handles problems pretty easy and help you throughout any problems that may occur while being on road.
Warehouse
Great place to work at. Its very easy to get in the grove of things. Just take your time and always ask for help. Overall I really enjoyed my time there.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Empire Auto Parts?
Ok place to work
It was an ok place to work it's kind of dirty and not well keped. The warehouse management is awesome, it's just that you are literally moving from the moment you clock in until it's time to leave and they expect OT from you.
I liked the place but, after being there a while I took on more responsibilities but they don't seem like they like to give salary advancements.

So I left after a year or soo.
Busy job reality laid back but can become fast pace at any moment
Easier job but extremely boring and never consistent one day you could be off at 330 instead of your scheduled 430 PM and somedays your off at 6 or 7 PM very hard to maintain a life after work it's always a set schedule other then what time your getting off always in at 8pm (when they first hire you) then they try to make you come in at 730am after being there 3 months but its 8am to blank
All you do is drive and unload parts and get signatures and money if that place has to pay really weird job really only a good place to work if you have no life at all it's always Monday through Friday 8am till when your done really not a great place to work if you wanna take time off or need to do something during the week because any time off during the week counts against you
Pros
Easy simple
Cons
Hard to have a life very hard to do anything after work because there is no set time off
Easy job
Empire is a decent starter job, however few advancement opportunities. Raises are nonexistent. If you have an at fault accident, they will fire you on the spot regardless of time in service.
Pros
M-f
Cons
Pay
Great team
• Accurately processed debits and credits
• Followed up on customer collections

• Assisted drivers with payment processing

• Checked the accuracy of business transactions

• Generated spreadsheet for weekly payment activity and completed administrative duties
Productive and fun place to work
Sometimes the work was risky was injured a few times by falling parts inside container. The pay was ok.
Got along with the drivers, we would converse while loading the trucks.
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
Healthcare
Great Company
Staff are excellent employees. The dress code is very comfortable.The employee appreciation no longer exists. The bonuses are based on the sales which just changed . Very small and family oriented company.
Pros
Very Close to home
Cons
The benefits could be cheaper
Great job not career
Great place to work but not a career unless you are willing to move to new jersey . constantly have to worry about your job security the higher up in NJ look at you like flies on the wall 100% expendable
Pros
Great pay
Cons
You could get fired for any thing
Don't hesitate to apply
Great place to work. You're pretty much on your own to work all day with no one hanging over you and micromanaging. As long as you do what's expected you'll be fine.
Pros
Office hours can be flexible if needed. Pay increases. Hands on management.
Cons
Dept does not work as a team, some slackers, not enough camaraderie
What you learned
I learned a lot of things in while working for this company. I loved cars since I was a baby so I enjoyed working there and learning about cars. I enjoyed testing vehicles and do diagnoses. I also enjoyed debugging the problems and getting it fixed as soon as possible.
not a good work place
we where forced to work 10 hour days and told if we didn't like it to go find another job. I learned the different parts on auto mobiles. management should have treated employees better.
Decent wages but long hours
A good company to drive for in that's your thing like myself. Working at a satellite location made for some short comings working with management but wasn't entirely bad. I enjoyed working there.
Old driver
Yes easy work we are the face of the company you can't see what we see would be a excellent place to work if you trust your drivers but overtime is definitely a plus
Pros
New vans
Cons
No trust
Low Paying Job
-Awareness of the Tri-State area. Be prepared to do at least 2 trip routes a day.
-Co-Workers are professional.

-The hardest part of the job is inclement weather.
Cons
Low Paying, Minimal Benefits