Empire CAT Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
3.4Job Security & Advancement
A job!
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 30, 2017
Worked out of town, odd shifts. Family member got ill and they wouldn't let me return back to the valley
So I quit! They preach family values but don't care about your family! Also worked Christmas for straight time! If you want to learn be patient, although after a year I never received any.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Out of town, Sleeping in hotels, no training
Great place to work but could pay employees better
Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 9, 2017
Great place to work. But no good pay increases. Need to pay the people that make the company money more. Makes you wonder if the grass is greener at another place.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No incentives, not good pay, no recognition
Was on the shovel team
Welder/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 3, 2016
Shovel team is filled with back stabbers that came from bucyrus and based on the good ol. Boy system very in professional and management are constant liers
Empire is Great Sitech not so much.
Electronics Engineer (Former Employee) –  mesa azAugust 8, 2016
sitech a division of cat is a terrible place to work. Not ran like Empire side of things, poor management and a service planner who is a miserable person and even worse to work with.
This company is where people retire from
Parts Sales Representative III (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 5, 2016
A typical day, for me, is providing the necessary parts for five different departments & handling incoming phone calls.
Management needs to improve!
Diesel Technician- Tractor Trailers (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 30, 2015
Daily work was loaded of surprises and priorities constantly change in this fast pace work place. I have learn a lot in these past few years and even thought the company has a lot opportunities to growth, the people I worked with were awesome. I felt like I was treated like family by my coworkers.
Pros
Immediate co-workers
Cons
management, safety and profit do not match expectations
Good Co-workers
Billing Specialist-Transportation (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 30, 2015
Overall a decent place to work. Management needs improvement as they do not recegnize the people at the bottom that do most of the work.
great place to work
GET Driver (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 17, 2014
I work with a great team of people. I can make my own hours. The company has provided a cell phone and truck at no expense to me.
Diversified machining Opportunities to expand skills
Senior Machinist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 11, 2013
The day begins with a couple of company protocol forms to be completed. Then, cross over begins with the previous operator. During the day I may run a bore and a couple of snap rings on a cylinder flange. The following day I may run production pieces or maybe a gear case housing to be resurfaced for metal spray.
I learned to secure large parts for machining jobs as well as other components mentioned above, also expanded programming skills.
Management is there to assist with anything needed from tooling to programming or securing parts in machine.
My co-workers where helpful and open with their knowledge
The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge and diversity of the parts I ran