EMPIRE PETROLEUM Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Staff
Customer Service Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2018
I learned a lot. I looked forward to going to work everyday. The company had no problem investing in their staff. What ever it took to get the job done is what was done.
Pros
There was always something to eat. We owned gas stations and had to keep them supplied.
Cons
The deductible was to high
fast paced
Management/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Little Elm, TXJune 11, 2018
i learned lots working for the manager here. He really helped jump start my career. The business is fast paced so there is never a dull moment and always work to do.
fun place
Retail store manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 17, 2018
love upper management
love the business
some stress
still in process to develop a good team but its hard to find great talent in that area or to convince some managers to move to that area
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hard to find good employees
Run from this place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 18, 2017
Do your self a favor and don't waste your time. I promise you'll be sorry. Management has no clue what to do and the Losers in Texas have even less of a clue.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not a thing
joann makes working there like working with family, even the arguing at times (lol)
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 8, 2017
the best thing is the working with people, the hardest for me was stocking in the cooler, at first, too cold for me Joann is one of my top 3 boss' friend
Pros
relaxed working environment, friendly regular customers
Cons
again, difficult customers, always in a hurry...but we were a convenience store
It was very benificial working there
Cashier/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Altavista VirginiaSeptember 29, 2017
I learned a lot working with Empire. I learned a lot about paperwork that needed to be sent to cooperate, the spreadsheets that were used to keep up with gas and merchandise. The importance of keeping up with everything on a daily basis.
Pros
Cons
full work load
I worked at one of their gas stations
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 30, 2017
These reviews are dumb. It was a job at one of their gas stations, nothing more nothing less. So if you have ever worked in retail you'll pretty much know what to expect.
convient convience store and gas station
cashier/ retail clerk (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COAugust 27, 2015
There were several aspects of this job I learned to enjoy and appreciate. Being a part of a small team, 3-4 co-workers, I was able to utilize my graveyard shift. Stocking, cleaning, inventory, checking dates, and front face the store. Learned shift close and Day close, fuel configuration. It was never about what my co-workers didn't do, but about what can I get done for them to make their shifts go more at ease.
Pros
Self motivated team player
Cons
healthcare
New people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richland Hills, TXAugust 19, 2015
There is never a dull moment working at Empire within my position with the company. Hardest part of the job would be NOT being able to use the restroom when needed. I worked alone majority of my time with Empire. The most enjoyable part of the job for me would be meeting new and interesting people. During my time at Empire management was going through restructure.
Pros
Worked in an air conditioned environment.
Cons
Limited medical, and low wages.