Empire Today LLC Employee Reviews

6 days a wek
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 12, 2018
Must work 6 days a week and work long hours. Must be able to overcome objections but once this is figured out then good chance to make good money. !099 is a con so keep track of your spending.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
No taxes are taken out. Must keep track of spending
Nice
General Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2018
Nice place to work and the workers are awesome and very understanding like family. The benefits are great and affordable. So are the hours require to work
Fast paced, very productive & appreciated workplace!
General Office Admin (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 11, 2018
Empire Today LLC is a productive and fun workplace that has VALUES and GOALS that as an employee I want to achieve. It is definitely a great place to work at. I highly recommend Empire Today.
Don"t Expect a life/Work Balance
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  AnonymousOctober 4, 2018
To be in business as long as they have and to be a nationwide company, they are so greedy. They do not believe in work/life time at all. There is no normalcy and the SOM has no clue what they are doing.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
October 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion here that I and others can reflect on it and think about ways we can adapt and do more to ensure you and others feel valued and appreciated. We’ve recently implemented new employee Engagement Surveys, reviewing feedback for employees all stages of their employment, and are dedicated to turning that feedback into action and making Empire an engaging & rewarding place to work.

Ok company
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2018
Not a bad company to work for. Many changes throughout time there. Hard to be noticed. Hard to be promoted. The bring in a lot of people from the outside

Forklift / Carpenter/ carpet poll operators
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 25, 2018
We provide install carpets and tiles work with Carpenters and contractors. My job is to bring the product to the contractors deliver Carpet and Material swhen needed.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Cut throat when busy
October 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion and feedback. We are dedicated to turning that feedback into action and making Empire an engaging & rewarding place to work.

Forced uncompensated overtime
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 24, 2018
Management positions are abused. They have loosely called them sales managers, even though they have no direct reports, in order to give them an exempt salary position and overwork them. Labor laws clearly state that an exempt salary position has at least 2 direct reports below them. All of the Sales Reps with Empire are independent contractors and, therefore, are not employees of Empire and, therefore, are not direct reports of the Sales managers. What they are doing is illegal working the Sales Managers at least 14 hours a day along with Saturdays and Sundays. Absolutely no compassion or consideration for employees as people. Phone calls, text messages, emails at all hours of the day and night with out even an hour break for lunch. The upper management team is abusive in their actions and their language towards the 1st level Sales Managers.
Pros
free parking
Cons
long hours, low pay, unclear goals and bonus structure, high turnover with sales reps due to not being paid what they are worth.
September 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry that your experience at Empire Today did not match our intention of being the best place you’ve ever worked. We are taking your feedback and addressing all the places we missed in delivering the great experience for you.

Empire Today Call Center
emprie today ccs (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 20, 2018
It is extremely busy every day. Managers do NOT know how to manager. They are always talking to each other and don't follow company policies themselves. No flexible schedules. No days off only two. PAY SUCKS NOT WORTH THE JOB. Only got a $0.50 race for the work you do, not worth it.
Pros
Pto, Holidays off.
Cons
everything

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJSeptember 16, 2018
Customer Service rep handling influx of calls for service calls of repairs needed to clients orders/installation. I learned a lot about Carpet and Flooring.

The hardest part of the job was getting yelled at by clients unhappy about there product/installation. However, the best part was being able to schedule the repair and following up with clients and being satisfied with the outcome.

Nightmare
Sales (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 16, 2018
If you want to drive 1200 miles per week with no mileage reimbursement or guaranteed income this is the place for you. You will be promised the moon but in reality will be put in financial hardship and accelerate the depreciation of your personal vehicle. Flooring will be delivered that is completely different from the samples you are required to carry which will destroy your suspension and hold hostage any spare room in your personal vehicle. You will not be made aware of delays, cancellations, issues outside of the initial sale, and come payday, you will be left wondering why your paycheck is a fraction of what it should be. Paperwork will not be processed in an orderly fashion and commissions will be delayed. Bonuses promised will be voided due to jobs being pushed out randomly into the next month. You are a captive salesperson, who is misclassified as a 1099 contractor when for all intents and purposes, an employee. If you want to sacrifice your mental health and car's resale value, this is the place for you.
Pros
not stuck behind a desk
Cons
pay, no benefits, drive 1200 miles plus a week in personal vehicle without reimbursement, delayed and incorrect paychecks
September 27, 2018

Everyone was helpful , great training and great managemt.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working there , everyone was a great help to each other .Management was always there "Open Door Policy " was Really there .Training and Advancement was always there .Benefits , PTO , Sick leave , fair and better than in other work places
Pros
Training, advancement, Incentives, cash or time ogg
Cons
Don't have anything bad to say, they were fair and you caused your own
enforced rules on personal problems
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Agents have specific issues with other agents which creates a very tense work place, bonuses and benefits are hardly even covered, the problems created with other agents are enforced more on the agents who don't create the issue
Cons
no flexible hours
October 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. We’ve implemented new employee Engagement Surveys, reviewing feedback for employees all stages of their employment and management, and we are dedicated to turning that feedback into action and making Empire an engaging & rewarding place to work.

The CEO has a clear mission and the execution is slow to implement at the Market Levels.
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2018
Sales and the out-dated presentations are affecting the market scalability.
Contractors are "real-humans", not pawn pieces that are replaceable.
Engagement with all levels of management would increase the overall culture. The current motivational approach is costing more that it produces in overall production. Speed of the Leader is the Speed of the group, time for a upper-management change. Then the 50/50/1 billion will be attainable. I loved the oppourtinity but the communication disconnect with upper management and unpaid bonuses hurt my ability to stay.
Pros
opportunity unlimitied
Cons
Upper Management is not envoled with market level communication or motivation
September 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.  I am sorry that your experience at Empire Today did not match our intention of being the best place you’ve ever worked.  We are taking your feedback and addressing all the places we missed in delivering the great experience for you.

Commission and driving
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 1, 2018
Was a great training course. I had all the important information needed in training. Once I was out on my own I realized that it wasn't in my local area that I would sell. Driving 45 mins from my home then another 45 mins to the next appt in the opposite direction etc. At the end of the day you will fill your gas tank. 150 to 300 miles a day. Empire DOES NOT give any vehicle allowance what so ever. When I quit my commission pays didn't add up either. I was a 50-100% closer. You would make more money at a Burger joint than here. Also customers see the ads on TV and lets be honest, some do believe the dream. When you drive an hour and a half to their house and realize they want 5 rooms for $500 it gets old.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
4% commission is what it comes down to no matter what you sell.
September 12, 2018

I’m thankful you took the time to share your opinion here that I am sorry that your experience at Empire Today did not match our intention of being the best place you’ve ever worked.  We are taking your feedback and addressing all the places we missed in delivering the great experience for you.

Awesome
Man Power Temp. Assigned to UPS (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 31, 2018
I loved this place and it was the best job I ever had. I plan on applying there again. It was a temp service. I loved working in the warehouse and I was happy there.
Pros
All was good
Cons
No complaints
Compensation and Leadership
Territory Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Central MichiganAugust 27, 2018
These are two areas which are sorely lacking with Empire Today, LLC. The Region in which I was a contract sales representative had regular turnover of the leaders in charge of the sales force. It made the sales force begin to seem like used car salespeople...
The compensation and bonus structure was very poor. Most of the time it amounted to about minimum wage. Not a way to build a business and make it a career.
Pros
EVERY customer was a complete joy to work with.
Cons
Arbitrary, inconsistent lead generation
August 29, 2018

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry that your experience at Empire Today did not match our intention of being the best place you’ve ever worked. We are taking your feedback and addressing all the places we missed in delivering the great experience for you.

Love Empire,
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILAugust 21, 2018
Great Place to work at,learn a great ordeal,growth there was great IF THEY LIKE YOU.Management In my Opinion was the worst. Mind your business and do your job. ATTENDANCE be careful,unless under doctor's care. with proper paperwork.
Pros
great place
Cons
management and supervisor not good.

Worst job ever
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MDAugust 16, 2018
I left empire due to work place harassment that was reported 3x to management. after the second innocent i looked for another job and by the third incident i had an interview.
while working there you will be responsible for LUNA & EMPIRE TODAY. they over work you and managers dont talk to customers and installation department messes up everything. so if you want that stress apply. if you dont, DONT!
Pros
schedule
Cons
Unprofessional, stressful, angry customers all day long (literally)
August 22, 2018

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.  I am sorry that your experience at Empire Today did not match our intention of being the best place you’ve ever worked.  We are taking your feedback and addressing all the places we missed in delivering the great experience for you.

Great place to work, Poor business execution
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 3, 2018
I loved working for Empire; however the way they do business needs to change. Half of my day was spent dealing with angry Customers because either an appt for an Estimate was missed, an install was missed or messed up, or their Installation never happened or happened and was super shoddy work.. like people calling Me as the installers drove away shoddy. And there were NO repercussions for it! Not to the Sales, not to installers.. They just ate the cost and moved on..
August 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. We’ve recently implemented new employee Engagement Surveys, reviewing feedback for employees all stages of their employment and management, and we are dedicated to turning that feedback into action and making Empire an engaging & rewarding place to work.      We are also launching Empire University for employees at all levels to grow professionally and become great leaders for their teams.  We are excited about Empire’s direction and the great workplace we are striving to become.

Dead end
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILAugust 1, 2018
Management here is a complete mess. Everyday it's a problem with every thing except your work. Managers will ask for feedback on what they can do better but then deflect everything on their higher up. They listen to outside vendors for advice on projects over their own people. The pay is ok the work life balance is good but you will not progress as anything here. They are so far behind in all aspects of marketing, design and development that you are always playing catch up instead of having proper time to work. They also will give deadlines that are ridiculous like most of the time the deadlines we're we need this by the end of the day or by tomorrow. I do not recommend working here unless you get compensated enough to do your job and become less marketable at it anywhere else.
August 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.  I am sorry that your experience at Empire Today did not match your career goals.  We’ve recently implemented new employee Engagement Surveys, reviewing feedback for employees all stages of their employment, and are dedicated to turning that feedback into action and making Empire an engaging & rewarding place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Empire Today LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight