Empire Today LLC Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2018
This is a horrible place to work for. They don't value their employees. Its all about numbers and in Houston if the GM don't like you, your fired . He is a horrible manager
Empire Today
Outbound Confirmations Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 24, 2018
It's a good place to work at, you are treated good, but the pay is too low to start and for the amount of work that is done per person is way more than what is paid for and that's where the disconnect is and most departments don't do bonus's or incentives so it's extremely difficult to balance your budget.
Get out what you put in
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2018
Very high pressure sales position. Lots of driving but home every night. Must start your own LLC and contract with empire to become sales representative. Nice commission structure, good pay potential. 100% commission.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Commission only. No reimbursements.
I learned a great deal
Help Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILMay 14, 2018
This is the beginning of my career. At Empire I learned a great deal of what I currently do: data analysis, ERP development, requirements gathering, etc. I feel if I made a few minor changes to my thinking, I would have learned a great deal more.
Pros
Autonomy to learn various aspects of IT operations
Cons
Office politics
Official response from Empire Today LLC
May 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We’ve recently launched Empire University for employees at all levels to grow professionally and become great leaders for their teams.  We are excited about Empire’s direction and the great workplace we are striving to become.

Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 14, 2018
Management and supervisors are all amazing and professional. This company understands that their employees have personal lives and sometimes have personal emergencies. Would definitely recommend to anyone.
Official response from Empire Today LLC
May 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are excited about Empire’s direction and the great workplace we are striving to become.

High school atmosphere
Installer Payroll (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 13, 2018
Work was quite easy. Fast phase environment for the accounting and data entry department. Very generous with employees, hardly any holidays and work is 6 days a week.
Accounting
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYMay 8, 2018
Pay all invoices of inventory received.
Inspect all inventory received.
Return all inventory damaged or inventory missing with vendor.
Credit all customers.
Follow up on all outstanding balances with customers or vendors.
Pros
Cons
Not enough personnel to teach all aspects of the job
Sales treated terrible
Outside Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCMay 7, 2018
Leads given to favorite reps. Management will schedule you all over the place and expect you to fill in the blanks. And when you fine yourself running low on gas know one will even care or ask if your ok. Do as I say policy. I sold over a million dollars of product last year and only made $37,000
Pros
Cons
Change of environment often
Don’t apply here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIMay 3, 2018
I did not like this company management and staff was very unprofessional, They smoke in their vehicles, They were very unorganized, overwork you for minimun wage, this is not a good company to work for.
Enjoyed job and people
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIApril 26, 2018
Loved the job and the people. Didn't like being forced out by ridiculous schedule request of working three different schedules in one week. After checking with multiple locations I found out that this was applied only to me.
Fun Place, Makes Up For The Pay
Inventory Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILApril 22, 2018
Coworkers are fun to be around. Still have a lot of friends from that company to this day. Personality is important in creating a positive work environment and Empire recognizes this.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Pay
Do not apply here
Katherine Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 12, 2018
I've been working for empire since 2016, quit then got rehired again in 2017 and I currently work here right now as of April 12th, 2018. DONT APPLY HERE. They're cutting hours like crazy!!! And they keep hiring? How stupid can this company get?? There's no room for advancement and bonuses are really tough to get. All this company is doing right now is cutting people's hours so they can quit and not give them unemployment. I am so disgusted and disappointed. In 2016 it used to be really cool to work here. Now it's a hot mess. Managers are cool but they dont care. The pay is only $8.25 and they cut hours!! That's horrible. You wont be financially good here. Apply somewhere else. I beg you.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this place is ridiculous.
Lead System needs to be reviewed and changed
Sales (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2018
Would Return if changes made,
Overly baby sitter on leads, Drive times not allowed in scheduling.
Leads were not screened, a lot of wasted time and miles
No gas or phone reimbersement
Pros
flexible
Cons
Driving time
Great place to work at
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 4, 2018
Great place to work environment is worker friendly and we are trained for the job we are hired for. Managers work with us to help improve our performance which makes it a good company to work for because it is important for the customers to receive the best service possible. Senior management works with customer representatives to make sure their voices are heard and help make the work environment great by paying attention to challenges that arise while working as a customer representative. Need a job apply at Empire-Today!
Pros
Nice place to work at
Cons
Very low commission and lots of after the fact deductions
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2018
Poor poor pay scale. Very difficult to cover own expenses mush less make a decent salary. After making a sale, may receive no commission on a price that was recommended by your manager. In addition, numerous "dings" to your commission. Installers move extra furniture and charge is taken from your commission. Driving up to 120 miles to an appointment and discover nobody is home. Approximately 30% of all appointments are nobody home or they the customer is not ready to buy flooring for one to three months from now.
Pros
Cons
Low commission scale
Amazing Company, Excellent work environment
Flexible Finance Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILMarch 26, 2018
I absolutely loved working for this company, Management truly takes care of their employees. The work environment is always professional. Customer service is above and beyond.
Poor Management - favoritism, lack of transparency
Manager (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILMarch 26, 2018
Craziest environment I've ever worked in. Out and out nepotism, spouses holding jobs not qualified for etc... VPs making demands at a moments notice, everyone stops what they are doing to jump through hoops until next demand is made. Genuinely liked my co-workers but most at a senior manager level or higher had little to no professionalism. Everything was hush, hush... always trying to make the bottom line "look" better so they could sell the company. Would try one tactic and if not getting results immediately would change direction with no warning. No time to allow progress to be made. "Encourages" employees to write positive reviews on job sites to counteract negative ones. Don't get me started on the sales tactic used to sell flooring - worse than a used car dealer.
Pros
Rank and file very nice to work with
Cons
No guiding principles - lacking business ethics
Very unprofessional office management.
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Lake, ILMarch 22, 2018
Very unprofessional office management.
Fast pace work environment. Employees not thoroughly trained by office staff. Silent racism, office management mentally and verbally abusive to employees.
Benefits
Cons
Training
Company turns employment at a High Rate.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2018
Managers get to choose who has what leads, and if you get any at all. It's very throat-cut type of environment. Besides myself, another individual I know stayed with it. He kept trying to make something out of a company that does not value their sales force. He ended up leaving the company as well, after they stopped providing enough leads. I would never recommend the company to anyone. They even sign-up for mystery shops, which are not valid sales leads, False leads in fact. The sales professional pays for gas and wear on their auto, so I can't back the mystery shops. It, also, hurts the stats of the sales person, bc this lead will not ever be sold. No one should apply here!
Pros
Cons
driving everywhere, appointments from each other, few appointments providered
Exciting Time to Work at Empire
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILMarch 13, 2018
A brand held positively in many hearts. Exciting new, and exclusive products. Consistent nation-wide expansion into new markets. A Board of Directors and Executive Team committed to employee engagement and customer satisfaction. Many projects in the works to improve operational processes and in turn improve the experiences of employees and contractors. Many tenured employees make the work environment feel family-like. A renewed energy and focus on learning and development is creating many new professional development opportunities for everyone in the company. Competitive compensation, great benefits, and flexible working opportunities.
Pros
Competitive comp, great benefits, lots of training opportunities.
Cons
Dated facilities and systems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Empire Today LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.3Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight