Empire Today LLC Employee Reviews

Good company with good pay
C-15 Contractor Floor Installer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2018
Empire is a good company and takes care of the contractors that work for them . I was working with them for years but had to relocate to another state .
Pros
Good pay, by contract
Cons
Sometimes your work on holidays
productive and fun
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 10, 2018
it is a great place to work. I learned better skills such as customer service. The company is friendly and very competitive.There are opportunities for paid days off .
Pros
lunch, great scedule
Cons
rude customers
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 9, 2018
Productive and fun workplace, management was amazing, I learned a lot about flooring products, learned more customer service skills, I loved working at Empire Today
Pros
Cons
No Cons
Nice Pay but To Many Hours
SATELLITE SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2018
As a sales manager you are required to talk with each rep at and after each appointment and then if they do not close it then the rep has to call the regional manager and then you have to explain why they did not close it. Micro management of the sales managers and the sales reps is very high. The pay is good for the amount of micro management.

I do not recommend unless corporate policy changes are made. Seems to be going in the wrong direction.
Friendly environment
Confirmation Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 9, 2018
This job was very easy to clock in and out of. Your are allowed to decorate your designated work area which helps make the workplace more comfortable.
Installation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 6, 2018
Not enough time in the day or compensation for what is asked of you. No support from national. No work life balance. Local office feels on an island and working against national at times.
not a good place to work
Tri Skilled (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 5, 2018
not a good place to work the management is very poor the hours are good and the environment is good as well. the pay is horrible compared to the amount of work you have to do and there is no room for advancement in the company
Pros
good hrs
Cons
management and pay
Fluffed up expectations
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 3, 2018
Typical day is meeting customers from company generated leads. Identify what the floors needs a customer has. Diagram and measuring to accurately price out projects
Horrible Company, stay away !!!!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 3, 2018
This company has zero integrity or character. Management is horrible and constantly overturning along with sales people. They try to control your every move even tho you are not an employee. We were sub contractors. If you don’t do what they say, they threaten you with no leads. Every aspect of my 6 mos with this company was terrible. No money available with the terrible leads. They play favorites and the large amounts of miles driven wears out your vehicle with no reimbursement. ABSOLUTELY the worse company I have ever dealt with. Stay AWAY if you are a business man with integrity and character. They will definitely test it.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, worse customer service, no organization or integrity. They only want sales no matter how you get them.
Great company to work for
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 3, 2018
I love working for Empire it has helped me grow my skills in management as well as customer service. The upper management is continually finding ways to improve and grow
Pros
Growth potential
Cons
Communications
Very casual workplace with no difficult responsibilities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 1, 2018
Very relaxed. Not a complicated set of responsibility. Fair pay but no real options for advancements. Plenty of shifts to accomadate. It was a fun place to work at. Very comfortable.
Pros
Calm, relaxed
Sale
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILJune 13, 2018
I work independent sales, I have every single day 3 to 4 appointment, I have to present the staff I sale it to the customer. Also I have to measure all the place ,in order to give the customer a good price.
Ability to work anywhere and remotely
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
What liked about Empire Today was I would sit down at my clients home, show them the products, and then take measurements of the areas they wanted installed. Then I would sit down with the homeowner at their kitchen table and discuss possible figures that they could afford and that would pay me a sizable commission at the same time. This was a win-win for both parties.
June 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and sharing your experience.

Fun Place to work!
General Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILJune 8, 2018
A typical day at Empire would be answering all incoming emails regarding swatch request, and providing pricing to sales reps. I was also in charge of returning all damaged material.
June 13, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are excited about Empire’s direction and the great workplace we are striving to become.

Decent work place
BSA-QA (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILJune 8, 2018
Although the job is ok, the facility is poor and the company is very 'cheap'. In general, management only takes care of fellow management first and anything left over may trickle down to the worker bees.
June 13, 2018

I’m thankful you took the time to share your opinion here. I am sorry that your experience at Empire Today did not match our intention of being the best place you’ve ever worked.  We are taking your feedback and addressing all the places we missed in delivering the great experience for you.

Great Co-workers
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILJune 8, 2018
Empire was an enjoyable place to work. We al worked well as a team and had a great manager, Unfortunately they grew too fast by adding a lot of other services other than flooring. With the economy at the time it didn't have a chance.
June 13, 2018

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.  I am sorry that your experience at Empire Today did not match our intention of being the best place you’ve ever worked.  We are taking your feedback and addressing all the places we missed in delivering the great experience for you.

Demands hard work, but doesn't give proper incentives.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 6, 2018
The job is very demanding and fast paced. Which I am generally ok with, however during the three years I worked there I was paid $8.25/hr and the company didn't give pay raises. I feel for the amount I was working and doing for the company I was not receiving a pay check that matched. Had to leave for a higher paying job. The management was very clueless and would enforce company rules that they themselves broke in front of employees. Very little understanding from management in terms of life events. A co-worker had to resign because the company wouldn't understand that she was sick with cancer, and wouldn't allow her days to go get treatment. Would never recommend this place to work.
June 13, 2018

Inside sales=BIG lack of integrity
National Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 4, 2018
Lack of honesty from top to bottom. Cooking the books to make numbers and management turning the other cheek. This call center is a money pit and HIG investments should close it down and start over, in the end they'd save a ton of money. There are a number of employees playing the system to make larger bonuses, as well as a manager that receives bonuses yet has no team to manage...how does that make any sense?
I appreciated the salary, however no amount of money is worth working for such a deceitful company and putting my own values on the line.
Pros
Salary was decent
Cons
Everything else

Make your own hours
Sr. Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 4, 2018
Sales Rep has the opportunity to make very good salary if they are willing to sell the company's story and work late night schedules a few days a week.
June 6, 2018

Thank you for feedback! We are excited about Empire's direction and the great workplace we are striving to become.

Human Resource Leave of Absence
Leave Administrator (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILMay 29, 2018
In my last job I was there for 15.5 years. I would have to say that this environment is a lot different from my last employer. I truly feel appreciated and do not dread coming to work everyday. I have a manager that works hard and makes sure that I am equipped to do my job.
Pros
Atmosphere, People, Benefits
June 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are excited about Empire's direction and the great workplace we are striving to become.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Empire Today LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight