Empire Today LLC Employee Reviews

Dishonesty
Sales/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2019
If your willing to work with dishonest managers and to sell flooring at an inflated price then this is the job for you. If you can stomach the verbal abuse from management and lie to customers, then this is definitely the job for you. If you have no morals, go ahead and apply. They will hire anyone who is breathing.
Empire offers careers!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 9, 2019
When I started to look for another job, I said that I need a place where I could settle into as a career. Empire is just that. All companies have things that could get better and things that you simply just don't like, an Empire is no different, However the good outweighs the bad with me. It was shown early on that I can grow in this company and that is what I intend to do. They have amazing benefits which is always great. The bonus structure is a little unfair however I believe that Empire will consider looking into this if enough people show concern. I enjoy my Job.
Pros
Benefits, Job growth and security.
Cons
Unfair Bonus structure. Hiring process is lengthy
Micro managed disorginized
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Micro managment is the empire way. Had to place close attention to the commision pay outs. Has to fight tooth and nail to get paid correctly. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Pros
Cons
Micro managment
In Home Sales/Commercial Sales (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJanuary 1, 2019
The atmosphere was fun. Ongoing training on products helped to insure an employees success. The sales calls were all on warm leads, so an employee already had an 'in' before ever darkening a clients door...
Lively, professional, demanding,supportive
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILDecember 27, 2018
Empire is well honed selling machine. They drive hard, but support hard as well. It's a get with it or get out type deal. They're fielding 60+ salesmen everyday, they don't have time for non producers or babies.
Pros
Brand recognition
Cons
Driving ...
Office Manager/Branch Accountant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 20, 2018
Good place to work and management is very helpful. Family environment and work well with others. Management are always helpful and the days are very relaxed.
Fun, fast paced work environment with nearly unlimited earning potential
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2018
I suspect the reason for many of the negative reviews is more of a poor fit for the individual than a poor work environment. The expectations are clearly articulated from the first phone interview. It seems many of the negative reviews were expecting to work a 9-5 with an outside sales position. I have worked several different jobs, but being a sales rep at Empire is absolutely the best job I've ever had. We make getting beautiful new floors easy. If you can get excited about that, you need to find a different industry. I've only ever wanted to work somewhere that gives me a fair shake, where my earning potential is defined only by my work ethic. That is exactly what I have found empire to be. You have to want it. You have to be hungry to succeed. You have to be willing to work hard and put in long hours and make some sacrifices. The company will provide you with every resource you need to succeed. The rest is on you. Not everyone is cut out for sales.
Pros
Strong commission and bonus structure, flexible schedule, work with great people
Cons
Work life Ballance. That's the only con
A call center in El Paso that is actually not vendor
Supervisor/QA Coach/Trainer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 19, 2018
The pay to start with at Empire Today but it is worth it if you want to advance and stay at a place with job security. They promote from within and are always improving. Plus, they are not a vendor call center! The company is based in Chicago has been around for decades and this call center in El Paso is the only call center for Empire Today. Strongly suggest giving it a try.
Pros
advancement, job securty
Cons
low pay at beginning
Time management
Territory Sales Manager/ Outside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont C.A.December 9, 2018
Great opportunity but the schedule was a work in progress.
The company was going thru a really hard on weather it should go to a retail market and this caused some very influential discussions.
Pros
Great responsibility.
Cons
Well save that for another day.
Don't work here
Install Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 27, 2018
This is a terrible company to work for. They do not pay adequately and expect you to give up your entire life with little return. They have so many operational issues that you are left on your own to deal with and without a way to improve them.
November 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry that your experience at Empire Today did not match our intention of being the best place you’ve ever worked. We’ve recently implemented new employee Engagement Surveys, reviewing feedback for employees all stages of their employment and management, and we are dedicated to turning that feedback into action and making Empire an engaging & rewarding place to work.

Company closed
Office Manager, Branch Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 27, 2018
Empire today closed their location in Tulsa. We were not offered the chance to relocate. I would have stayed if the office had remained open. The company in general has a good concept.
Boiler Room
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 20, 2018
Incoherent Training, Negative Culture, Deceptive Paperwork Trainer strong arm new hires with deceptive practices. Management uses fear and delay tactics to issue salary.
Pros
Cons
Lousy Trainer
November 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry that your experience at Empire Today did not match our intention of being the best place you’ve ever worked. We are taking your feedback and addressing all the places we missed in delivering the great experience for you.

Poor company, sales based on deception
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 13, 2018
Forced to generate an LLC to protect Empire from law suits. No expenses were paid by Empire Today. Forced to attend sales meetings every week or no leads were provided.
Pros
Cons
Deceptive company
November 14, 2018

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.  I am sorry that your experience at Empire Today did not match our intention of being the best place you’ve ever worked.  We are taking your feedback and addressing all the places we missed in delivering the great experience for you.

Very good Company
Installation Manager (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTNovember 7, 2018
Enjoyed this job very much! Wish it all had worked out but sometimes companies need to go in another direction. I would recommend a job with Empire to anyone lucky enough to get one. Very strong company!
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Sales vs. Installations!!!
November 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We’ve recently implemented new employee Engagement Surveys, reviewing feedback for employees all stages of their employment and management, and we are dedicated to turning that feedback into action and making Empire an engaging & rewarding place to work.    We are excited about Empire's mission, values and customer promise of making new beautiful floors easy.

November 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. We’ve recently implemented new employee Engagement Surveys, reviewing feedback for employees all stages of their employment and management, and we are dedicated to turning that feedback into action and making Empire an engaging & rewarding place to work.      We have also launched Empire University for employees at all levels to grow professionally and become great leaders for their teams.  We are excited about Empire’s direction and the great workplace we are striving to become.

The worse job I had by far
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 1, 2018
Corporations like this only existe because of employees generosity who work over time as independent contractors for no pay. Product is discontinued without notice and clients can’t get their flooring. Lots of cancellation. Flooring too expensive. Installers do a bad job and all fall onto the salespeople who work 7 days per week, driving 200 miles per day. Never know if will get paid. The manager is the lifeline between Sales people and Corporate office but of little help. All the liability is on the Sales people, none on the Company. I paid to work and this was the lowest point in my life. Very high turnover...RUN, RUN, RUN!
Pros
Outside
Cons
Pay to work, your car your liability, no life balance, 12 hours driving daily plus, orders cancelled.
November 8, 2018

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.  I am sorry that your experience at Empire Today did not match our intention of being the best place you’ve ever worked with.

Daily Items
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2018
Customers just call and complain all day. You deal with angry customers you get yelled out for things that are out of your control. Just take one day at a time
November 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are excited about Empire's mission, values and customer promise of making new beautiful floors easy for our customers.

Promises not kept
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 27, 2018
I was promised so much. Training too fast and vague. I wanted to be mentored and roll play but despite several requests it never happened. I sold over 100k but because installs were behind and installers were not held accountable for their paper work my commission was delayed. The commission is ridiculously low. Managers are over worked, stressed and down right mean at times. Leads could take you driving from 8am until 9pm with no time to eat or take a break. The flooring is 3x the higher priced then stores prices and you could spend 3 hours doing whole house measure just to be told they refuse to buy today. You are not allowed to leave until you call your managers, and managers retaliate if you don’t take their abuse or you call off sick. No leads for several days becaus I complained about a manager who was disrespectful. Not enough installers or incompetent installers!!! Can’t tell you how many times I had to talk customers down from cancelling, because of delayed install or install manager yelled at them. General Manager and Office manager and Secretary all very nice, but once you do one thing outside the box, the managers ignore you.
Pros
If bonuses are given they are nice
Cons
Wear and tear on car, Going thru a tank a day and no compensation, Managers who yell and belittle you, no paid time off, and if you call off you get no leads next day.
November 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.  I am sorry that your experience at Empire Today did not match our intention of being the best place you’ve ever worked with.  We are taking your feedback and addressing all the places we missed in delivering the great experience for you.

Empire today
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAOctober 23, 2018
Things stayed out great. Was training, was working with my managment team to make the growth necessary. Quickly, that management team changed. The dedication to all of succeeding fell off. There was little to no leadership available, strictly demands. No one in any department wanted to handle problems. Everything got shuffled down the chain as low as it could go. Was happy with my first team of managers. Sorely disappointed there after.
Pros
Sales
Cons
Managment
November 8, 2018

Thank you gor taking the time to give us your feedback.  I am sorry that your experience at Empire Today did not match our intention of being the best place you’ve ever worked.  We are taking your feedback and addressing all the places we missed in delivering the great experience for you.

Not a good place to work for
Project/Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILOctober 22, 2018
Empire, when I was working there, had way too many turn overs with staff. Management was leaving, the CEO and the CFO were under suspicion under the Ricoh Act. They were immediately fired and the whole place was in turmoil.

good company
Sales Representative/Sales trainer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2018
A large company with hard working employees. The management is focused on getting the job done. Originally a family atmosphere during the start up years in the Dallas/Fort Worth market. The company has expanded considerably over the years
Pros
oppertunity to earn good money
November 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. We’ve recently implemented new employee Engagement Surveys, reviewing feedback for employees all stages of their employment and management, and we are dedicated to turning that feedback into action and making Empire an engaging & rewarding place to work.     We are excited about Empire’s direction and the great workplace we are striving to become.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Empire Today LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight