EMPLOYERS Insurance Employee Reviews

Best company I worked for. Very involved with their employees and their work.
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 31, 2018
I received the most training with this company. They definitely promote within. They have provided the most communication and support towards all their employees.
Pros
Provides ample training, support and communication
Cons
Large demanding caseload
A good place to work
Underwriting Manager NV & AZ (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2018
a good place to wrk when it was a mutual company but was driven by the bottom when it became s public company. Overall I enjoyed the 15 years i worked there. I went from a Account Manager to Underwriting Manager for NV & AZ
Pros
They believed in education; both professional and academic.
Cons
Management did not keep the employees informed on changes within the company
summary
Help Desk/Claims (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 10, 2018
I loved my jobs. I would work there again if I could. However, there are no openings in my position. They don't do much career advancement. They hire the bosses with no knowledge from the outside. They also hire the employee to be my boss after me and others have a better record than her. It's who you know
Pros
quiet workplace, off weekends
Cons
bosses are hired from outside and don't know
great envirnment
Claim Service Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2018
I enjoyed being an assistant more than any job I've ever had, I learned that my hard work made the job of the adjusters easier
I learned excellent time management and how to work independently as well as in a team envirnment
Pros
vendor lunches
Cons
the office closed
Work at home/field work
Senior Loss Control Consultant (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILDecember 19, 2017
Good work/job life balance, benefits and support from management. Excellent communications between management and employees. Expectations were clear to all.
Mail Clerk
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NevadaAugust 4, 2017
Working in a mail room for most of the day. Printing policies and packaging them for delivery. Management was not forth coming but appeared to be understanding. Fellow workers are helpful. However, talking among fellow employees were prohibited. The hardest part of the job was not being able to advance. the most enjoyable part of the job was payday.
Pros
Free breakfast on Friday along with coffee.
Cons
No advancement, No paid vacation.
Overall a good company to work for.
Manager, Claims Services (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 14, 2016
I have been with EMPLOYERS insurance for over 10 years and have had plenty of opportunities for advancement. The company is focused on it's work / life balance and treat employees as individuals not numbers.
Pros
good benefits, takes care of the employees
productive environment
Senior Field Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 15, 2016
The most enjoyable part of work was meeting insurance agents. I was reviewing large accounts - over 25k. Work directly with agency partners in CA, CO, ID, MT, NV, OR, UT, WA, and WY to pre-qualify and price new business submissions and gather necessary data to conduct thorough underwriting and pricing evaluations.
Culture is Changing
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 18, 2015
Although I enjoyed working for this company many years the culture has changed over the last year. They have adopted a management culture by fear. The have promoted people from within with little to no management experience. You are expected to be perfect in submitting work to the manager, and if you get something wrong you are reprimanded. I enjoy my co-workers tremendously. The hardest part of my job having little ability to take time off due to demands of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is flexible work schedule
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
inexperienced mangement
Honest and people driven
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 1, 2015
Employers strives to accommodate its customers and employees.

Benefit package is quite an incentive to excel and remain with the organization long term.

Great environment and coworkers.
I enjoy doing different tasks once a week and learning different things to help with my customer service.
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2013
They are a excellent company to work for, everyone is very helpful and they are always trying to help us do our jobs better. We have team spirit day every 2 weeks, and we take a half hour to play a game and get to know each other and interact. I learned a lot of more computer skills and customer service, such as call center. Management is amazing, they always care about their employee's and have cake every month for birthday's and do things for us such as lunches when we do a really good job with the work flow. I love being around such a great team and being on a team that cares so much about their employee's.
A/r
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2012
Account Recievable, Cash application, working the manager on month end report
Sweat shop
Service Account Representative (Former Employee) –  555 Marriot Drive, Nashville, Tn 37214July 15, 2011
We were extremely over worked, then laid off. No appreciation for their employees.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
over worked