EmployU Employee Reviews

Great start-up with lack of staff
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Casselberry, FLAugust 16, 2018
This 501c3 is a rapidly growing nonprofit with the explicit goal of providing and assisting work opportunity for clients of Vocational Rehabilitation and the expressed goal of doing so for all people with disabilities. The company has many people excited to do there job but lacks refinement and structure internally. Middle management is non-existent among office staff leading to thing getting lost in the shuffle of a nonprofit focused on constant and further expansion with minimal resource investment. Often office management is handled by the Director, Recruitment, and Training, or senior program staff who are never in the same office for more than a few days and usually not the whole day. Also having a defined job is not part of this office culture few dedicated "Support Staff" have dedicated roles and you will usually move from project to project with normally between two and four primary roles.
Pros
Decent benefits, Flexible scheduling, Remote work capable, Low-stress, and Positive working enviroment
Cons
Understaffed, poor internal communication, lack of upward mobility, and processes change frequently
Terrible company!
Job Coach Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2018
The management is racist. Too much pressure for not enough pay. They want you to see 20+ clients and drive but the pay doesn’t match. Do not care about clients disabilities and only care about placing them even if the job doesn’t fit. Also management will talk to you any type of way with no remorse.
Pros
Can be rewarding
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Weak Management and Back-Stabbing Management
Evaluator (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 16, 2018
Only benefit: you controlled your own schedule. I learned those who were most experienced will intimidate management and they will get rid of you. The owner is controlled by a few select women that would backstab each other to get to major $$ and control. Hardest part of job was all the verbal abuse received from managers and owner and most enjoyable was not seeing their faces every day!
Pros
Freedom of Schedule
Cons
Harassment/Abuse on the Job
The department I worked in was stiffling, narrow and devoid of any ability to make effective input.
Vocational Evaluator / Career Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 29, 2018
I learned to broaden my writing skills but other than that one lesson, not much follows from the experience of working there. They expect a collaborative and individualized service to their clients to be boiled down to a sterile and impersonal document that cannot be distinguished from others writing the same type of document.
Pros
good pay for the position
Cons
narrow and unnecessarily rigid practices
Demanding job with big rewards
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 28, 2017
EmployU is a great company to work, particularly for self motivated people with a strong work ethic. You generally create your own schedule and there is very little micromanaging. Staff is friendly and helpful, everyone is treated as the employU family. Most of the pay is on a bonus structure, which is easy to reach if you are diligent and thorough. Due to the nature of the work, you have to be flexible as schedules can change often throughout the week. It is also recommended to be computer savvy in order to be successful. Biggest downside is the lack of benefits, which the company is currently working on.
Pros
Flexible schedule, rewarding career, lots of career potential
Cons
Hard to leave the work at the office, lack of benefits
Fun place to learn and grow
Ops Manager (Current Employee) –  Casselberry, FLMarch 28, 2017
Excellent place to learn new skills, new information. Great culture and group of people clients and employees. The company is open to new ideas, creativity, etc.
Pros
Great people and management
Cons
The company is growing and constantly changing for the better
Exciting and rewarding work
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  MelbourneMarch 27, 2017
If you enjoy working with people and have a caring personality this would be a great place to work. I really recommend this job for a person who is looking to break into the non-profit sector and who is a very self-motivated individual.
Pros
flexible work schedule; paid mileage; bonuses
Cons
substantial amounts of driving
Friendly, productive, and challenging workplace.
Employment Specialist/Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 27, 2017
Working at EmployU is a very rewarding job. The people are great and the ability to set your schedule is outstanding. A typical day is spent taking clients out and working with them on all types of employment skills. We are always teaching the clients how to be a better candidate for gaining employment. We teach interviewing skills, resume writing, application completion, and the right way to dress when looking for employment. After we get a client hired we then follow up to make sure they maintain the employment. The people who work here at EmployU are very passionate people and I love being a part of that.
Pros
Flexible schedules, challenging and not boring work, great co-workers.
Cons
Absence of health insurance, dental, vision, any.
Job Coach
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 26, 2017
My department is amazing! We are all willing to help each other and support one another when we need it. We are a team and I truly believe that all my ideas are heard and we make decision in union. I consider the life balance great. We can create our own flexible schedule that creates the ability to plan accordingly both work and life balance. Clients are great, fun to work with and energetic. Everyone is open and willing to assist even if not in your department. Great company overall enjoy it!
Pros
Flexiable schedule, pay is reasonable, and supportive work environment.
Cons
no health, vision benefits.
Social awareness, quality performance, team work and client oriented
Vocational Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 25, 2017
Since day 1 they have provided all the tools, environment and training required to succeed as a professional. Employu values their clients and staff. It trully feels like you have a team to make a diference in society. Constantly seeking the needs of the everyday-changing society such as integrating bilingual staff and pursuing a quality service. Strongly proud of all my co-workers. We are growing everyday and our service to the community speaks volumes of our mission as a non-profit organization. Very proud to feel welcomed to this great professional environment.
Great Company
App Team (Current Employee) –  Home BasedMarch 24, 2017
I have worked for this company for this company since they opened and plan to continue. They do wonderful things for the community. I would recommend the company to anyone that needed to utilize their service or to work for them,
positive, fast paced, never the samd day environment
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 24, 2017
I have been employed with employ for about a year. I truly like to environment and the morale here. Hard work is appreciated and rewarded and employees are given the freedom to develop their own style while using a proven plan to find employment for our customers.
Rewarding Place to Work
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLMarch 24, 2017
As an Employment Specialist with employU I am allowed a lot of flexibility with my schedule. Management is great in that the expectations are clear, they are always looking for ways to improve growth and training and we are not micromanaged. I am paid hourly as well as earn bonuses based on number placements and client job retention. We earn vacation time as well. It can be a rewarding career especially when a client is placed, the job is a good fit, the client is happy and doing well. The most difficult part of the job is when a client is placed, issues arise and the client doesn't allow coaching to help the client retain the job and they lose it. I began as a job coach and quickly moved up into the Employment Specialist position. The company is a rapidly growing throughout the State of Florida.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Source of Company Income
I enjoy my job!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Casselberry, FLMarch 24, 2017
Headquarters in Casselberry has a team that works very well together, nice office environment and a pleasure to walk into. A typical day is busy with referrals for additional clients, phone calls to support outside Specialists and continued work at establishing new placements for our clients. The most rewarding part of the day is hearing about the success of our clients securing permanent placement in the workforce.
Pros
Ability to work my own schedule.
Cons
I can't think of one.
EmployU is great all the way around
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 24, 2017
EmployU has the support system for every employee to be very successful and grow within. The management team is very supportive and understanding and if you stick to the way they teach you you will have great success. It takes a few months to learn their computer system and to build the pipeline of business but when you do it is very consistent and very rewarding.
Pros
Very good all the way around.
Cons
Non but it takes a driven employee to do the job well
Amazing place to work and start your career in social/employment services
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2017
Awesome team atmosphere (like a big family), strong supports for all staff, great pay/bonus opportunities, and get to work with amazing clients who want to become more independent and better their lives! Each of the positions within the company require a lot of dedication and hard work, but that dedication and hard work is rewarded in a number of great ways.
Great
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine South, FLJanuary 6, 2017
The job allows me to create my own schedule. The employee morale is extremely high and everyone helps one another. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Non-profit organization to provode employability skills and opportunities for people referred by Vocational Rehabilitation
Employment Specialist/Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FLOctober 1, 2015
EmployU is a great organization with a great mission. Unfotunately, after diverisfied themselves and opening different other offices reduced the amount of referrals for each Employment Specialist. Besides that, the job was commission based that was splitted into three parts: placement, 30 days and 90 days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EmployU. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about