Emporia State University Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Very stressful
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSJune 4, 2018
Joined the department at a very difficult time. Must say, the dean and chair did their best. But the culture at ESU is not great for employee retainment..
college work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSMarch 15, 2018
This was a wonderful job experience. The atmosphere was fairly relaxed. The schedule was very flexible. I would recommend it for any student who needs to make some extra money.
Pros
This is a work study job
Cons
not enough hours to live on.
Esu
GRADUATE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSFebruary 15, 2018
Fantastic workplace with tremendous fellow employees. We works in tandem to provide a better education and culture that would impact students on a wide of issues and empower them to achieve their goals.
A perfect college job in the Biology field
Burn Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSFebruary 12, 2018
Jobs like this make going to school and working doable. Without this job I would be struggling. I love the experience it has given me, and the flexibility of my schedule.
was ok
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSFebruary 12, 2018
This job wasn't a bad job but did not get good hours and was to work with my school schedule but when it came down to finals my boss would not work with me.
Pros
paid 15 min lunch
Cons
not good pay and not nice boss
Great place to get a masters
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSJanuary 9, 2018
Loved my time at ESU. They promoted learning in the physical science department and allow for a wonderful place to establish leadership and scientific skills.
Pros
Good professor-student connections.
Cons
None really
great place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emporia KSDecember 29, 2017
Emporia State University is a great place to work and learn. The faculty at Emporia State University are very professional. The working and learning environment are excellent.
LIfe in a College work environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSDecember 20, 2017
It has been several years since I worked here, and at that it was a temporary job in that it lasted only the life of my time of schooling. It did help provide some experience in the tech field while I attended school. Management was new at the time so was learning on the job. Coworkers for the most part were enjoyable to work with.
Pros
learning/gaining experience in the field of my degree
Cons
I could have used more hands-on experience before graduating.
Great University
Scene Shop Employee (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSDecember 13, 2017
Wonderful place to learn and develop professional skills in the work environment. The educators and staff are so very talented and easy to work with and for. Worst part is it was college so it was only temporary.
Pros
Friends at work
Cons
Part time
Turmoil behind the scenes
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSDecember 2, 2017
Research the campus history thoroughly before accepting a position at the university. Campus equity climate is in turmoil, but the administration claims otherwise.
Pros
Cons
Campus climate
It adds to my experience in teaching.
Writing Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSNovember 30, 2017
I enjoy working with a supportive manager and friendly co-workers. I am doing what I love to do for my career which is teaching English. Working at Emporia is enhancing my career experience.
Nice Place to Work
Custodial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSNovember 28, 2017
Good environment to work. Nice people. Decent Benefits. Paid more than other jobs of similar nature. Balanced work/life. Reasonable management. Nice student atmosphere
Pros
Benefits, atmosphere, pay
Received enough experience in classroom
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSOctober 30, 2017
• Created detailed proposal for staring a new company
• Led a group of people to come up with initial product concept for the new company
• Wrote marketing and business plan to visualize step by step promotion for the product of the company
Very Fun Environment
Event and Marketing Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSOctober 30, 2017
I was located in the CSI (Center for Student Involvement) working for FSL (Fraternity & Sorority Life). The environment was extremely fun to work in and the people I worked with were amazing! I would definitely recommend working for Emporia State University!
Needs to work on inclusion.
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSOctober 15, 2017
Not a very inclusive environment or very supportive. Petty fault finding and irritable people are common. The university as a working culture needs to produce a more positive and upbeat environment.
Fun workplace
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSOctober 12, 2017
Nice workplace with a cool supervisor. I like working there because they were very helpful. I have learned a lot during my work period. I will recommend people work there for sure.
Fun working environment
Union Activities Council President (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSSeptember 19, 2017
Emporia State is a wonderful place to work. The atmosphere is very calm and laid back. I love being apart of the department I am in. I feel very valued and I have learned so many real life skills that I can continue to grow on in the future.
Relaxed environment
Assistant Professor of Business Education (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSAugust 17, 2017
Emporia State University is primarily a teaching institution. As such, we focus on our students’ success. The School of Business faculty are outstanding and dedicated to the art of teaching. Our staff works with you to find opportunities to aid you in developing yourself and establishing important relationships with fellow students, successful alumni, business professionals, and employers.

Our School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). We gained accreditation by meeting fifteen business school quality standards of excellence. This assures you that your business degree from Emporia State is up to date, valuable, and highly recognized by employers. We are in a select group as AACSB is the accreditation most widely sought after by business schools all over the world. We are proud to be one of the less than five percent of the more than 16,000 worldwide business schools to earn this distinction.

Much of your learning will take place outside the classroom. We strive to educate the whole student by providing opportunities to grow and develop through a variety of activities and student organizations. Experiential learning is critical to student success. Students will be able to work with outside organizations either during an internship, as part of class projects, or in business competitions. We also provide study abroad programs that enable students to develop a broader worldview.
Very good place to work. Very student oriented
Director (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSMay 6, 2017
I had a lot of freedom to use my creativity. along with helping students through graduation. Was able to have a variety of jobs; administrator, teacher, federal grant writer, supervisor, trainer, created programs and other things to help students to graduate from college.
Pros
Wonderful staff and administration
Cons
None I was extremely happy there.
Fun workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSMay 5, 2017
When I started my last job, I only had a basic understanding of the fundamentals office secretary, but now I have learned how to run a successful and effectively utilize fax machine, make copies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emporia State University. Our community is ready to answer.

Emporia State University Reviews by Location