Empower U

Empower U Culture reviews

United States19 reviews
Supportive, helpful, people first company. Wonderful people. Best decision to work here. Recommend highly. Management is excellent, supervision terrific.
Pros
support, recognition, treated fairly
Cons
EmpowerU is an excellent company to work at, especially if one is starting out in the mental health field, for several reasons.

They have great values! As a company, there is a passionate focus on communication, transparency, honesty, and more, with the intention of inspiring workers and families.

The children and parents offered to providers are a pleasure to work with. As a worker in the field, there is immense value and joy working with children and families to reach their highest vision. It is also an excellent way to develop yourself professionally as you engage in discussion with family members about mental health. In addition, the connection we make with youth are invaluable and will teach you about yourself.

Staff members are authentic, kind, and caring. When you meet them, you can tell that they care about the work their doing. The office atmosphere reflects this attitude and has inviting aesthetics. Members strive to embody the values of EmpowerU and as a new employee, one feels uplifted to the do the same.
There is a great work culture and human atmosphere in the Empower U office.

They invest and care about their employees by providing trainings, education, supervision, and events to build a stronger community.

The hardest part about the job may be staying organized with maintaining paperwork and notes, but once you develop a routine, it's not a problem. In addition, Empower U also uses a program called Cyber created by PerformCare to input notes for youths. Unfortunately Cyber is not MacBook compatible, so workers either need to own a windows computer
 - more...
This company has given me the tools and support to become a better professional as well as social worker! The staff communicates well even when you work remotely and are always kind and there for you!
Pros
Compensation, flexibility with schedule, professional staff
Cons
Empower U is the best place I have ever worked for. I have worked in various settings before transitioning with Empower U. My favorite part of working with this organization is the management. They understand the importance of respecting, appreciating and supporting their employees. The leadership is great, you learn a lot from the supervisors due to their knowledge and not afraid to share it. They are reliable and there are no surprises. They all have great communication skills and want to see their employees grow. There are a lot of opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
The appreciation is shown through all of the team building parties and activities.
I started Empower U as a fee-for-service IIC. They pay better than other agencies but what really drew me to stay at Empower U is their culture, team, and flexibility. From the Founder down to Core Staff, everyone has been amazing. Empower U is not only willing invest in their employees by offering good pay but wants to invest in their families by continually to grow the quality of its staff. Empower U is willing to provide trainings and help you grow as a clinician by sending you referrals that you want to work with. I was offered to work full-time and this culture still maintained. Although I was unable to maintain full-time status due to my school responsibilities, Empower U was so understanding in having me go back to fee-for-service. I have not only learned a lot from the clients I serve under Empower U but also from their culture. You won't regret working here!
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I have been here for a little over a year and have loved it thus far. It has been very rewarding servicing families that need our support. The work environment is friendly and supportive.
Pros
flexibility, relaxed, family oriented
Cons
parking lot floods, elevator not always working, traffic
I love working with this agency! The job itself is very rewarding and fulfilling. Management deffinately listens to your career goals and helps you grow. There is always someone available to help with any questions or support. They are one of the few companies that I have worked for in this field that I actually feel appreciated and they show you that you are valuable to their agency. The office itself is very cool and hip and everyone on their management team is positive and helpful. Hours are flexible and it is overall a great job!
Pros
Flexibility, fun team to work with, pay is great for part-time work.
Cons
Evening hours-which works better for me!