Empower U

Empower U Management reviews

United States19 reviews
EmpowerU takes the time to assign cases to clinician's based on skill and not simply availability. Prior to a youth and/or family being assigned management personally calls you to discuss the case with you and determine if it is a good fit. Management frequently checks in to see how you are doing and if you have any concerns. You are encouraged within the agency to advance your career whether it be by getting clinical supervision for licensing hours or obtaining a certification to do more within the agency. The only downfalls are that you don't get to know your coworkers well as you are in the field and if you happen to be assigned to the same family as another employee you tend to only speak on the phone and there are no benefits due to being an independent contractor.
Pros
Excellent Pay, Clinical Feedback, Supportive Environment
Cons
No benefits
Supportive, helpful, people first company. Wonderful people. Best decision to work here. Recommend highly. Management is excellent, supervision terrific.
Pros
support, recognition, treated fairly
Cons
Empower U is the best place I have ever worked for. I have worked in various settings before transitioning with Empower U. My favorite part of working with this organization is the management. They understand the importance of respecting, appreciating and supporting their employees. The leadership is great, you learn a lot from the supervisors due to their knowledge and not afraid to share it. They are reliable and there are no surprises. They all have great communication skills and want to see their employees grow. There are a lot of opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
The appreciation is shown through all of the team building parties and activities.
Nothing is as promised. Management is all about money and not good care or supervision. You will be offered the difficult cases. Run, don’t walk away!
Pros
Decent entry pay
Cons
Poor communication with clinicians, no advancement opportunities, but the worst is You get no help when a case becomes difficult with DCPP, a parent, or anything that would call for support or supervision.
A typical day at work is either stopping in to the office to make sure all my paper work is in order, making sure i have enuf copies of blank forms with my self at all times prior to visiting Youth at their residence’s and or taking them into the community. The most important thing i have learned at Empower U is that, patience, a positive atittude, and being caring goes very far not only for the job itself but in making a difference in all of the Youth’s lives and that by itself feels extremely rewarding all on its own. Working with and along side everyone, management, and coworkers has always been an amazing experience due to everyone making me feel like we are and have always been nothing less than family, and since day one i can honestly say i never felt unaccepted or like i do not belong. The hardest part of the job for me so far has been when We as providers build an amazing rapport with each Youth and their Family’s and then they start to transition out. The most enjoyable part of the job for me has always been seeing the smiles, and the enjoyment we as providers see and experience when working with the Youth and take them out to the community, to eat, etc.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
working at empower U has been a wonderful experience. Management is fantastic and always willing to work with you. You can work as many or as few hours as you desire
Great company, work related stress is minimal, and management is supportive and laid back. Working with the families is very fun and fulfilling. You get to make your own schedule and job is very autonomous.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Part time so lack of benefits
I love working with this agency! The job itself is very rewarding and fulfilling. Management deffinately listens to your career goals and helps you grow. There is always someone available to help with any questions or support. They are one of the few companies that I have worked for in this field that I actually feel appreciated and they show you that you are valuable to their agency. The office itself is very cool and hip and everyone on their management team is positive and helpful. Hours are flexible and it is overall a great job!
Pros
Flexibility, fun team to work with, pay is great for part-time work.
Cons
Evening hours-which works better for me!
I worked there for over a year and it has been disorganized since the day I came aboard. No improvements, just constant change of management. The cases are there, but a lot of them are DD youth and they push them on you even if you tell them you are not qualified. Very money focused and less quality professionalism geared towards sincerely helping families. If you do decide to work there, do your own homework regarding ethical and legal matters because they don't care about employees, even though you are the one making them money.
Pros
A lot of available IIC work
Cons
No benefits, 1099 employee even for those that are not LPC or LCSW, poor and disrespectful management
This company is very disorganized.
Some of the Management staff does not know what they are doing as far as respite work.
Work environment is HOSTILE.

Coworkers and the clients make it worth some of the terribleness.
Pros
Staff you work with is great. The work is rewarding.
Cons
Management is generally horrible. No benefits.
The management is very forthcoming and the work is personally enriching. This is a top notch company where everyone I've met has been helpful and is really invested in a common cause.
Pros
great management
Cons
limited hours