Empowr Employee Reviews

I still don't know what they do
Freelance Writer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2018
They invited me to a meeting to discuss a big marketing plan with celebrities and then flaked on the idea after I wrote the piece.

They don't have a solid business plan. Apparently the founder dropped out of school then started a company and it's doing well. They want to make social media that will end poverty, which is a nice idea. They have a step 1 and a step 3 of a business plan. But there is no step 2. It's like the Underwear Gnomes. I have no idea how they make money to pay people and rent for any office. But it must come from somewhere because they are still around after a three years.
Pros
want to end poverty, progressive, have money
Cons
poor planning, lack of focus, no business plan
Productive and very easy
Saes (Current Employee) –  Ireland, WVJune 18, 2017
Working at Empowr is freelance. You can put in your own hours and work at anytime.
Its a very good environment to work in because you are your own boss.
The work is very easy and enjoyable and you meet new people all the time.
Pros
Freelance work is very productive.
Cons
There are no disadvantages
True Startup Environment. Exciting, innovative product
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 28, 2017
empowr is a great place to work if you are passionate about what you do, if you want purpose in your life through your career, if you want to add value to the team and make a difference in the companies success.

They have a powerful mission that their employees believe in. It's an amazing goal I hope comes true.

The career growth is amazing. You are relied on everyday to do your job and help others excel at theirs. It's a true team environment where everyone wants to win. I learned more than i ever would have expected. It's a small team so you can expect to wear a lot of hats.

This is the right place for someone looking for a career and the wrong place for someone looking for a job.
Pros
Mission & Vision, fun and supportive culture, great career growth
Cons
Long work hours at times, low margin for error
Love it! Empowr is a great company
Administrative Assitant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2015
I simply love working here. Everything is well organized, the management is motivating and cares for the employees and the teams working at Empowr are highly functional. There are a lot of talented individuals that inspire me. I feel like I can advance a lot here.
Pros
all benefits, management is great, the co-workers are amazing, the teams are functional, talented people work here
Cons
it is not for people that are not self motivated
Exciting Time to be a Empowr Employee
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2015
I love every minute working here. The working environment is inspirational and there is room for growth. I like how the management behaves and I love their vision for the company's future.
Pros
People have a real passion for what they do, incredible work-life balance, possibility to expand skill-sets horizontally across practices, there is very high transparency from senior management to employees, very cool "vibe" and positive energy
Cons
It may be a bit more difficult moving up in the ladder
Lack management
Android Mobile App Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2015
It has heavy work load without professional designer or product decision. Most of employee are recent graduate. Lacking management is a down side.
Great balance work-life balance and fast-moving projects
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2015
I feel great working here. I have been working at Empowr for 9 months and I love it. I think I will stick here for a long time because of the co-workers and the management. They are great. Because of the excellent organization and the fast-moving projects i'm able to achieve great balance between my work and private life.
Pros
all the benefits, I learn a lot daily, great management, excellent co-workers and teams
Cons
there could be more breaks througout the day for the engineers
I really feel like I can develop here
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 30, 2015
I'm here for almost a year and I have learned so much. The place is full of energy and dynamics and there is great effort to move things forward. The teams are highly functional and there are engineers that are amazing! The whole workplace just motivates me and the management takes great care of the employees.
Pros
Great management, talented co-workers, functional teams, all benefits
Cons
Sometimes the tasks can be too much to handle and you'll need great pace
Feel like I can work here for a long time
Marketing Coordinator/Administrator Executive (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2015
I love working here. I work at Empowr from the last November and this just the perfect place for me. The co-workers are great, the working environment is motivating and the teams work is flawless. The management respects the workers and has great vision about where this company should go.
Pros
Great management, room for development, highly functional teams
Cons
Some of the workers are sometimes not goal orientated
I feel like I can develop here
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 17, 2015
I like my job at Empowr. I do mainly administration related tasks. I like how the teams work together and how the management communicates with the workers. There is room for development and I feel like I can develop here. It is a great place for work.
Pros
Nice working environment, functional teams, outstanding management, room for development
Cons
At times, although very rarely, there is pressure
Great work-life balance
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 14, 2015
I'm working here for over 8 months now and I love it. The management respects you, the co-workers are great and everything is neatly organized and divided into teams. Everything functions properly and that is why I'm able to achieve great work-life balance. I love working here and I will hopefully work here for a long time.
Pros
Great organization, management cares for the employees, co-workers are helpful and kind
Cons
In only particular days, when there are deadlines you will feel like you have too much job. However, this is normal for every company.
I feel productive working here
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 8, 2015
I feel really productive and alive while working at Empowr. The working environment is very dynamic and motivating. The teams function perfectly together and the management has clear goals and knows what they want from you. I never feel lost or disoriented.I feel like this company has great future in front of it and I'm really happy that I will be part of it.
Pros
Excellent working environment, dynamic work, motivating, management knows what they want from you, you'll never feel lost or unmotivated
Cons
It was proven that the management sometimes relies on some workers too much, so mistakes happen
I love my job at Empowr
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 1, 2015
I love working here. Everything is neatly organized and the teams have great communication, and because of the working atmosphere I have great relations with my co-workers. The tasks are always managed and divided reasonably and there are no short deadlines.
Pros
Motivating working environment, Great organization, There is room for growth, Management delegates the tasks reasonably, The teams function properly, The co-workers are great
Cons
Nothing specific to add here, other than some small personal issues that are not worth mentioning
Great place to develop career in Marketing
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2015
I work at Empowr as a marketing associate. The working environment is captivating and motivational. Simply, this is one of the rare places in my career that I love working for. The management appreciate the efforts of the groups and individuals and trust its employees. The co-workers are extremely helpful and one of the reasons I love this job.
Pros
Motivating working environment, the management supports its employees, the coworkers
Cons
Sometimes the management gives too much of a freedom to certain people. Not sure that this is a con, though.
Empowr is a great place to develop
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 14, 2015
Empowr is a great place to develop as a professional. The everyday work and the working environment with exceptionally talented people just motivates to always do more and always do your best. I love that and really love working here.
Pros
Great working environment, growing company, motivating co-workers, strong management
Cons
If you are not ambitious or self starter that can be problem
I adore my job at Empowr
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 11, 2015
This company has clear vision of how it will progress in the following years. I really like the team work and my co-workers. I think that we at marketing department are used wisely and that is why our work produces results. The management knows how to respect their workers. I have all the benefits and I achievied great balance between my private life and my work. My most most enjoyable part of the job is the exchange of ideas between our team co-workers.
Pros
Inspiring environment, great co-workers, the company is growing
Cons
Some workers can be jealous if you are not in their team.
I really adore this company
Marketing Communication Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 5, 2015
I'm here for 9 months now and I really love working for Empowr. It offers me captivating and motivating working environment where there is huge respect for the worker's opinion. The management has clear vision and always tends to improve the work of the company. My co-workers are great, there is huge respect between teams and the most enjoyable part of my work are the times when most of the teams are focused on my part of the job - the marketing communications.
Pros
Motivating working environment, solid pay, great management, highly functional teams and respect between co-workers
Cons
I can't name any con that bugged me
It was a pleasure working here
Communication Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2015
I worked here for 11 months and I can say that it is one of the best places I have ever worked in my 8 year career. Great team-work, visionary management, talented engineers and motivating working environment.The co-workers were excellent, very positive atmosphere surrounds this place. At Empowr there is also room for growth and as the job is very organized, there is no pressure like in other companies. I had all normal benefits, paid vacation and normal working time. I really enjoyed the great relationships I had with my co-workers and management. Great working environment!
Pros
Great team-work, Motivating management, Strong employee relations, Talented co-workers
Cons
I learned a lot here, I can't think of any con that is worth mentioning
This is the place to grow - Great company
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 13, 2015
I truly loved working at Empowr. There is great communication between the departments and the management. The company has clear vision and the management knows what they want from you. That made my job a lot easier and I felt like I'm respected and praised here. My co-workers were excellent and I worked with great joy here.
Pros
Great working environment, outstanding communication, clear objectives, never felt pressure
Cons
I couldn't list any cons whatsoever.
Great working environment
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2015
At Empowr I have finally managed to establish a great balance between my work and private life. I love working here. The strategy of the company is amazing. There is a lot of great team work and basically everyone at the office respects each other. The communications team, in which I work, is great. We put in hard work, with great results. I have never felt pressured or worked more than 8 hours a day. I have all the normal benefits. I think I can grow here, just because of the outstanding company vision and strategy. I hope I will work here for a long time.. as I feel good, respected and like I'm doing a great job.
Pros
Great working environment, promising future, great team-work
Cons
Nothing to add here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Empowr. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6