EmpRes Healthcare Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Employees at Site Wonderful - Corporate Doesn't Care About Your Struggles
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 28, 2018
My coworkers are phenomenal. The on site mngt is great. Corporate has closed ears to struggles of floor staff or solutions. Treats staff on site extremely poorly.
Pros
Coworkers, great place to get great 1st year experience prior to moving to hospital
Cons
Corporate politics, lack of support for building a leadership team
Amazing
CA REGIONAL HEALTH INFORMATION/ COMPLIANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 25, 2018
I loved working for this company, My Direct Supervisor was a Nurse Consultant and the Vice Regional President of the Corporation. Very Family Oriented and take an interest in their patients and their employees!
Pros
Great Place to Work!
Cons
Need more Support
Position Elimination without cause
Accounts Payable Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 20, 2018
Empres is known for eliminating positions without cause or reason. They use phrases like loyalty & respect. These terms are for execs on officers row ONLY. Supervisors are known to be vindictive & disrespectful. They go through cut backs/layoffs every few years. There is no stability with this 100% employee owned company.
Pros
None at all
Cons
No stability
Beware of all empress companies they are g tagged all the time
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MontanaApril 6, 2018
No care to the residents, poor management staff, low staffing, poor quality of medical care due to unable to take care of over 5o plus residents on nocs with only 2 cnas if that. This place smells of urine with old furniture, poor food. Even management is uncaring of all. Beware and hold on to your nursing lic. An stay away from these care centers if you value your licensure.
As a nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAMarch 23, 2018
I was fortunate that I had a great crew of CNAs who were wonderful with the residents for night shift. The issue came from having to take care of 57-62 residents a night. Most people are under the impression that it is easier for night shift since people are asleep. Unfortunately that is not the case with LTCF, Mental health, and rehabilitation residents. Most are up all night requesting medications, treatments, or just wanting to talk. It is very difficult to do even the most basic notes on each resident let alone the additional treatments, assessments, and medication (scheduled and PRN). There were members of the management team that would questions why things weren't getting done, until they would have to cover a shift. Shifts needed to altered to allow an extra nurse be available through at least part of the night shift.
The other issue I had was that they didn't offer a differential for eve/night shift. I had to formally request a raise because it didn't seem right or fair what I was making.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
60+ residents to 1 nurse for NOC, uneducated staff regarding resident dx, very little training, no management help do to shift, no differential offered
Horrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMarch 20, 2018
Management is unfair, & doesn’t care about employees or patients. It’s all about the $$$. They receive horrible ratings from state, & even corporate. There is a constant fear of coming to work, & the place being shut down. They are unorganized, & allow staff to get away with everything.. intill things get extremely bad. There is a reason that they are always hiring. A smart person doesn’t last long there. Turn over rate is very high!
Pros
It’s a paying job
Cons
Nobody knows what they are doing
Night Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAMarch 14, 2018
Terrible, terrible management. No team work if your not the IN crowd. Over worked, under staffed. They hire the nastiest of the nasty out if desperation. NO ONE answers thier phone if you work night shift, your on your own.
Pros
Absolutely NONE
Cons
No breaks, ever! Hateful staff, staff encouraged to tattle on each other, CNA'S allowed to "run" the units. Patient to nurse ratio 36 to 1. Dirty, housekeeping lazy, and rude. No one cares about anything but a check.
Company in constant transition
Regional Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 27, 2018
This company was always trying to better themselves in the industry. Patient care was TOP priority at all times. Morale was always good. Management always had time for their employees and any concerns being raised
Stressful and uncomfortable work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelton, WAFebruary 19, 2018
Empress is a stressful place to work. Employees are urged to turn each other in for anything and everything. Can't afford the health care benefits they offer. Always short staffed. Too many residents per CNA. Inadequate pay for what we are asked to do.
Pros
close to home
Cons
stressful and low pay
Unless you are desperate don't go here
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 12, 2018
I worked here almost 5 years, at one time it was a great place to work. The director retired and the current director is horrible. Every one is either leaving or being forced out. No direction, no support, no security. Everything that goes wrong will be blamed on you or someone else. Nothing is ever managements fault. If you are not liked they will either find a reason to let you go or make one up. This has become one of the worst centers to work at. Don't do it, keep looking. They need a maintenance assitant now because the new maintenance supervisor doesn't want to do any actual work. Save yourself and stay away from this place. Believe the reviews the bad ones are true.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Worst place ever
Terminate positons so the CEO's/VP's get paid
Sr. Applications and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 6, 2018
No job security. I was there for 2 years and over 20 people and departments cut. no warning. Always on pins and needles if you'll be let go. For no reason. A lot of great qualified employees let go. Leader don't consider employee input. Just pawns to the company and they will easily dispose of you.
Cons
No job sercurity
great employer
Business Office Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kimball, NEFebruary 1, 2018
The company is a very driven company and has multiple opportunities for anyone looking to advance career in long term care. The company is a willing to train anyone willing to learn
Pros
great co workers
Cons
travel
Dead end job in a falling down building
RN (Former Employee) –  Milton-Freewater, ORJanuary 31, 2018
Corporation that treats employees like dirt. Lots of promises, the only thing for sure is being thrown under the bus to cover unethical corporate policy. They refuse to embrace technology and remain acting like it's 1965. every time it rains, it does so inside as well. Many systems in the building are inoperable.
Pros
Careing staff, I have worked for worse companies
Cons
no chance for advancement, daily risk to your licence
Better than most - you get what you put into it
RN (Former Employee) –  Milton-Freewater, ORJanuary 24, 2018
Any job has pros and cons, no company is perfect nor any facility. You GET what YOU put into it! Everyone tries to work together and be a team, management cares and tries to listen and respond as necessary. This place has come a long way and is headed in the right direction.
Pros
Team, best staffing ratios in the area, effort and goal to be and do better
Cons
Healthcare industry is tough with ever changing regulation
Great family style workplace, lots of growth opportunities
Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 24, 2018
Lots of activities to keep workplace engaging. Growth within the realm of healthcare. Coworkers and managing leaders are very approachable and easy to work with. Great place to work!
Career Graveyard
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  201 Koontz lane, Carson City, NVJanuary 19, 2018
Management assists with the demanding workload by turning a blind eye to .shortcuts in patient care unless something goes wrong in which case they act shocked that you would do such a thing. 43 patients per nurse on one hall on day shift prevents much time to do anything beyond popping pills. If any patient needs care beyond being medicated, you have to call management if they are available and forget taking lunches if you want to get out on time.

Staff turnover is high because of the workload, constant staff shortages and quick burnout. I was working full time until they decided that my work schedule needed to include days when I had no child care available, despite my frequently covering extra shifts.

Difficult and violent patients are handled by inadequately trained staff by being allowed to skip hygiene until white smoke rises when their sheets are pulled back. .

All of the inadequacies in patient care endanger the licenses of the short staffed nurses who don't have the time to properly supervise the short staffed CNAs. And if anything happens management cites company policy that it not have happened thus blaming the nurses and covering corporate culpability for a culture that fosters shortcuts.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
schedule consistency
Run don’t apply
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Milton-Freewater, ORJanuary 15, 2018
The residents are amazing but management sucks. If you request for time off there is no promises that you will get it even with putting it in a month ahead. They don’t train their employees good on how to do anything and don’t say anything when a new resident comes in onnwhat all they have going on or if they have any STDs. I would run and not work here. It’s a employee owned company and is union.
Dont walk, run from this place!
RN (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 16, 2017
This place is disgustingly gross, I don't know what the maintenance man does but told us in orientation we cant smoke on the ground and that includes in your vehicle well guess who was smoking in his truck on the premises when orientation was done..he also didn't take care of the clogged toilets that had been that way for a few days, guess hes to busy smoking, we had 3 fitted sheets for the floor that I worked on where most residents were incontinent of bowel and bladder. Housekeeping never mopped the floors and they were sticky from food and urine, there prefab furniture was all breaking down, residents didn't have their own clothes to put on and they knew that the clothes that were being put on them weren't theirs, I was told laundry and housekeeping hrs had been cut..Also they do not pay nurses what they are worth after years of experience, it is truly all about the money with them, not care of the residents
Pros
nothing!. Free lunches are you kidding!!
Cons
not enough CNAS to help with showers or changing wet briefs, residents sat in wet briefs for hrs
Avoid this company at all costs
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 28, 2017
This is the worst of the healthcare companies, hands down--very cutthroat environment. They continually cut hours so that you cannot take your breaks, and then expect the cook to do his or her own pans and still finish on time. I was harassed at work by this one employee, a dishwasher, who singled me out. The manager, being also of the same culture, was in cahoots with this dishwasher, being her friend. Very difficult work environment. They dismissed me for calling in sick. The birthday gift card they gave me didn't even pay for one cup of coffee. This is the worst possible cook job, and watch out for the manager at the North Seattle location--very tough, very discriminating and they don't like men as cooks--the comradre they have among the Bosnian transplants means if you are an outsider they will despise you.
You have to prep, do the meals, clean the stations, AND all the pans as a cook and STILL take a break and be out within seven hours. IMPOSSIBLE set of standards, UNREALISTIC expectations, very, very bad company to work for, and for being an "employee owned" company the benefits are inexcuseably bad. Avoid this place, you will hate it. Just the facts.
Pros
A paycheck on payday, and that's it
Cons
Backstabbing culture, harassement towards men, mean-spirited workers in the kitchen, not enough time to do required tasks, horrible benefits, no PTO one year, no sick time, high-deductible health insurance
Friendly & Helpful coworkers
RN (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 25, 2017
Never before have I worked in a facility where you have help whenever you need it, I feel like every person I work with is my friend and I never feel alone, that's a huge thing in nursing. The management team is either always in the building or available on the phone to come in right away. I had a sudden unexpected death in the family and I was told by my supervisor not to worry about a thing, that everything was taken care of and to just worry about myself and my family until I could come back. I never expected this and I felt so lucky knowing I didn't need to worry about at least this one thing.

The building in Cheyenne is old however its through a major renovation and so far it looks amazing! I am excited for all the positive changes!

The only hard thing I can think about is that there is a shortage of nurses and CNA's in Cheyenne, however if you like to pick up shifts this is a benefit!
Pros
Helpful staff, Great Benefits, Sick time, Flexable scheduling