EmpRes Healthcare Employee Reviews

Difficult
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 9, 2019
Managers support you at their convince. Getting their attention is like pulling teeth. The nurse doing a run no matter the acuity does admitting. One or two at times.
Pros
Patient
Cons
No support. Work lunch
I love my job
Appointments, transportation, dme, & much more. (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 6, 2019
I love my job. I am blessed to be able to work with residents, meet family members, make friends at work, and work as many hours as I want. Many of we employees have bonded as we have moved here from other states and other countries. It is face paced most of the time and then, at times, the pace becomes slow. One has to roll with the punches in this industry as the country is in need of so many nurses and CNA;s.
Pros
Great team members...many of us are from out of state or the country so we have bonded.
Cons
The paperwork required to complete our work.
My review
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 6, 2019
I have been with this company for a year and have worked multiple times before this. The pay is basic, but if your a hard worker and you let them know your dedicated, they see that. I have moved up multiple times in this company and feel very valued as an employee. We are family here. Sometimes t
It gets hard. Staffinf does become an issue but I have been a caregiver for 14 years and have worked long term most of the time. Anywhere you work is always short staffed. It's not always greener on the other side. My residents are my main priority!!!! We are family. I love my job and if you work hard it is noticed. Some people want more money dont do their job the way it should be done.
Pros
Great leadership, family, easy going
Cons
Short staffed but thats everywhere
Poor management/Poor nursing training/orientation
LPN (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 3, 2019
I worked at the Auburn location for about 3 weeks. The LPN training/orientation is horrible. Management is too busy to even follow up on how the training is going.

Heartbreaking place to work.

I would not place a loved one in this facility.
Pros
Helping Residents
Cons
Poor training/orientation, poor teamwork, poor organization and management
Dont risk your license!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 1, 2019
Unbelievable work setting. Where to start? Staffing levels, clinical complexity of patients, management turnover, focused surveys from the state. So many other negative's. Run away!
Pros
Nothing. Maybe free parking
High energy and lots of great people
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 22, 2019
There is a sense of great pride at Granite. Staff are hardworking, energetic and genuinely caring. A typical day includes taking care of residents and assisting my CNAs. So far, I’ve learned a lot from working here, my skills are tested weekly sometimes daily and my days are full which I like. From my perspective, management staff genuinely care and they obviously have many tough tasks to manage. For the most part staff are friendly but like in any environment there are a few bad eggs. I can see that managers are trying to do their best and I believe they have every right intention of doing so. I rated an overall 4 out of 5 stars because I knew walking in I was up for making a difference.
Pros
Great people, stocks, benefits
Cons
Few bad eggs
Stuff is not done by the state rules and the managers are very rude
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  WyomingApril 18, 2019
I had a family death and was treated very poorly over it. I would never work for this company again! They allow the cna’s to treat residents like complete garbage
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Mangers
Horrible Management - DO NOT WORK HERE
Other (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 18, 2019
Management cares only for themselves and will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat if it will save their own skins. They will make you work yourself to death doing 12+ hour days for weeks straight without a day off, while they themselves are gone at the stroke of 5 o'clock (if not earlier) and always get their weekends off. Administrator hired personal friends who did awful jobs and when state was finally called on them, covered up and even tampered with charts to save their friend. But when other workers that weren't friends would try to stand up and try to help residents, seen them fired on the spot for nothing more than questioning the administrator. Facility is also SEVERELY understaffed and management will not hire any additional help, just make the current CNA's and nurses (most of whom trulycare and want to help the residents) work 80+ hours a week. Very high turnover.
Pros
Cons
Awful management, long hours, no advancement unless your a personal friend of the administrator.
Great company with a purpose
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 12, 2019
EmpRes is a great place to work. The mission is committed to caring for our residents/patients and that is what drives the staff to do their jobs. The company provides opportunity for growth and takes care of their employees. It is a high stress level job and is not meant for just anyone. It takes a lot of patience and emotional strength to care for such a vulnerable group of people.
Stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 9, 2019
A great job for gaining experience in the cna field and learning the lows of being a cna. Working here was a great experience at first but turned sour after awhile. Nursing staff isn't paid fairly and cnas are paid min wage.
Pros
Learn strong work ethic skills, gain experience
Cons
The patient to staff ratios should be illegal
Poor Management
CMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, SDApril 5, 2019
When I had worked there before all I seen was the staff being belittle by the upper management for nothing but doing there job as they were trained there. Also seen how nice they can be when they want something from you and then turn around and belittle in front of you or behind your back. I have heard and seen the bad turn around at this place.
Pros
Cons
everything when it comes to upper management
Horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  3050 N ormsby blvMarch 21, 2019
very sad to see a company hurt so many people and familys! Company doesn't pay out workmen's comp, also gets sued alot for poor care. I have tried to help but they don't want help they want all the beds filled so they can get $$$$
Pros
Cons
Everything including very poor care for residence to the point of sending out to hospital or worse
Terrible management crew
CNA (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2019
If you don’t mind breaking your back, work here! Management doesn’t care too much for their employees and does not feel the need to be a TEAM. Would not RECOMMEND.
terrible management with poor communication
Management (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 6, 2019
I have never worked with a company that has made me think twice about my nursing career. Yes it is a stressful job, but the lack of communication, recognition, punitive environment, favoritism did not make it any better. Staff are overworked and underpaid and a constant revolving door. There is no continuity to care due to staff leaving constantly. They fail to recognize the root cause of the problem and rather than fix the root cause, they rather put a Band-Aid on it. Oh and be ready to be blamed if things go wrong or if you make a mistake. No one will stand by you and support you.
Pros
Cons
almost everything
fast paced
Corporate Interim MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 1, 2019
must learn to adapt to the fast paced environment and changes in healthcare regulations. Immediate supervison is very supportive and professional. Given freedom to manage own time and schedule as allows.
Empres - Yes you can!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYFebruary 7, 2019
Although it is getting less every day, some of us still believe that SOV will be heading to the right path under Empres. We had years of bad reputation in the community and the people who ran the facility down and the previous management company loyalist still managing this place. Good census is great for the bottom line but without good clinical and survey outcome we will continue to be the joke in town - not a funny one!
Pros
Hope for change
Cons
NO 'Real' change
Change is great but....
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYFebruary 7, 2019
Problem with acquisition is that sometimes you will be stuck with bad people. SOV already have years of bad reputation in the community and the people who ran the facility down and the previous management company loyalist still managing this place.
Pros
Perception of change
Cons
NO 'Real' change
No change
Member (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYFebruary 5, 2019
The last management company was not good for SOV and without real change at the facility, Empres is heading towards the same path! This is bad for 'employee owned' brand and Casper community who wish that this facility will somehow get better after years of poor reputation
Pros
Empres has great leadership
Cons
SOV has bad leadership, not even perception of change
We need real change
Owner (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYFebruary 3, 2019
Employees at SOV are feeling crushed. This is supposed to be an employee owned but the 'little guys' do not have a voice in the matter since you are keeping the same ED and managers from the previous organization. Years of poor clinical, survey and reputation caused by the current managers you are retaining. Huge disappointment!
Pros
Idea of change
Cons
More of the same
Poor management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYFebruary 3, 2019
SOV does not have the residents best interest at heart. poor staffing, poor management. Good staff being alienated and leaving for better employment. Use of travelers to fill in holes left in staffing has created hostile work environment with bending the rules a daily occurrence. The expectation of the new management unfortunately has fallen short as they have not changed any of the local management in this building. how do they expect perceptions of the building and the care provided to change for the better if they stay status quo. Huge disappointment.
Pros
New management company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EmpRes Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7