Emprise Bank Employee Reviews

Fun and Engaging
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 30, 2018
At Emprise Bank, your future is what you make it. The harder you work, the more you may be compensated. Overall, though, the compensation is in medium range of market value.
Productive with constant learning
Application Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 28, 2018
Good place to work overall. If you are looking for internship during your school year than its is the place where you should apply. They will give you chance to balance your studies.
Pros
Work life balance
Good place to work if the upper management likes you.
Teller III (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 24, 2018
Plenty of room for growth on the teller side if you enjoy doing sales. If you decide that you'd like to try another career path then good luck and hopefully upper management likes you or else you won't really get a shot.
Loved my time with company
Retirement Officer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 4, 2018
I enjoyed working for a family business that has strong moral compass and customer focus. I was given the opportunity to earn my certification and cooperative management/staffing of client. We were encouraged to have monthly one-on-one time with supervisor and weekly team meeting. This allowed for collaboration and sharing of information.
Pros
Training programs
Cons
Ending of program
Emprise Bank
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 12, 2018
Emprise Bank is a very personable bank and is 110% committed to customers. I learned a lot of customer service skills from professionally answering phone calls to assisting customers in a professional manner in branch. I enjoyed the challenge of accurately balancing my drawer each night. I also loved getting to build customer relationships.
Pros
enjoyable job, great benefits
Cons
schedule not always what you want
Hostil Environment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 19, 2018
The training coordinator and management teams make the environment feel very hostile- like you are walking on eggshells all the time. If you are not Religious and you like to make good money, do not work here. No chance for advancement or raise. Banking industry in general is over-rated and uncomfortable.
Pros
Banker Hours
Horrible
Universal Banker/Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 23, 2018
I was treated very unfairly from day one. They made me feel like I should be forever grateful for them hiring me. They move people around way too often, have little regard for the lives of their employees outside of work and ask way too much for the benefits they offer. Horrible health insurance.
Starter Job, nothing moe
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSJanuary 6, 2018
I was hired on at Emprise as a Teller I with previous banking experience when I started college. After a little over a year I was promoted to Teller II and then after a year and a half I was promoted to Teller III becuase the previous Teller III had accepted another job offer and every branch pretty much needs one Teller III. Work days are pretty basic, just running transactions. There were only a couple times a day where we are super busy. For Teller III/ Lead Tellers, our busiest times are during the beginning of every month to preform audits, which aren't difficult. I loved the atmosphere of my branch, fun yet productive. I think this job works best as a starter job because there is not much more room for advancement beyond being a teller.
Pros
Hour lunches, Fun coworkers, Small community
Cons
Pay, No advancement past Teller
Top-notch culture
Teller I, II (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 20, 2017
The culture produces a fantastic work atmosphere and high quality staff. While advancement is competitive and difficult, performance is recognized and rewarded.
Stressful
Teller (Current Employee) –  Chanute, KSNovember 29, 2017
I have learned about finances. The hardest part about the job is trying to push new products on customers. The best part of the job is getting to know the customers on a personal basis.
Fun work place
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 6, 2017
The job is fun to be at but has compensation draw backs. Depending on location there is opportunity to grow but becomes quite bottle necked and growth becomes increasingly difficult.
Pros
Positive Environment/Learning Opportunities
Cons
Low wages/slow growth
Fun work environment
Java Front End /Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 29, 2017
The company and benefits were great, but the culture was harsh at times. Management was petty and hard to please at times, but overall great people to work with, other than management.
Good Management that hires top quality people
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, KSApril 12, 2017
Good Management that hires top quality people. Worked with some really good people. Have a really good training program in place. Have good computer systems and a good IT Department.
Good Employer, Poor Advancement Options
Teller I, Teller II (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 20, 2016
I have quite enjoyed working with the bank. Unfortunately the bank hasn't supported my desire to grow my career within the company and has forced me to look elsewhere for opportunity. Not a good way to treat your employees.
Not a bad first job place to work
Teller I, II, III, Personal Banker/Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Valley Center, KSSeptember 1, 2016
Working for Emprise is a good place to work. They take very good care of their employees. I was a personal banker and a teller and both jobs were very good. Management is alright depending on where you work.
Really good environment to work in, but compensation could be stronger.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, KSAugust 27, 2015
They have an excellent hiring and training program. They are very progressive with their systems that are used and employee some awesome people. The only real flaw I can find with the company is the compensation and benefit package and due to that they have a fair amount of turnover. I really hate to look for other employment, but have to be able to provide for my family and the compensation makes it difficult to. I really love the majority of the people I work with. It is also great to work somewhere that has great products and services to sell. I really enjoy the job I do and it is a good variety of tasks that keep me energized and excited about my job for the most part.
Pros
Get quarterly incentives based on branch performance, Great annual meeting, Excellent training
Cons
Retirement, compensation, leave
Amazing experience
Teller III (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 6, 2014
I couldn't ask for a better company to work for. They take care of all their employees
Emprise Bank
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Wichita KSJuly 31, 2014
As a teller II at Emprise Bank, I served many loyal customers on a daily basis. Overall the environment was good. However, they hire college students, and then won't work around their school schedule. The pay was average for the level of service they expected. I enjoyed working at Emprise Bank, but at times working with management was difficult. Also, demanding of time. Often working hours before or after schedule for even entry level positions.
Good, stable work environment.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 30, 2014
I worked part-time as a teller. Typical day included helping customers with transactions and reviewing their accounts. Working with larger deposits from businesses and electronically posting transactions into the system. It was a job I have done before in the past, but I learned about new and improved customer security. The hardest part of the job was working with difficult customers. On the flip side, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers that you develop a good relationship with.
Enjoyable work place, great hours
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 27, 2013
I love working for this company. The customers are great as well as all coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emprise Bank. Our community is ready to answer.