EMSER TILE Employee Reviews

Very Aggressive
INVENTORY CONTROL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAOctober 10, 2018
Pros: The compensation is above average. The company itself is very transparent. You have the ability to reach out to anyone in the company regardless of title.

Cons: Where as I do agree the customer needs to be satisfied, the company has almost no work/life balance. This is especially true for management. They are very slow to get things fixed and have little knowledge of how big box distribution is supposed to work.
Relaxed place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 28, 2018
I appreciate the open door policy! The culture makes you feel as though you among friends! I am new, yet I am excited to provide and apply my skills toward the growth of the company. The onboarding process, and training has been smooth, and has allowed me to be confident in my ability to comply with Emser's standards. This place feels like family, yet it does not negate from the company's professionalism. I am grateful to have found a home in Emser! There aren't any cons that I can submit. I have been here for about a month. So far, so good.
So glad to finally be working here
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2018
Great on-boarding program and helpful staff. Co-workers are experts in their field, extremely intelligent, and are open to sharing all their knowledge to help out new hires. Emser was one of our vendor partners when I was with another company, so I was familiar with the brand, the staff, the product, and the service level for about 6 years prior to being hired here. So grateful I'm finally part of this amazing team.
Pros
Established family owned company, great culture, competitive compensation package and benefits, flexible hours, company events
Cons
Hiring process can take a bit longer than one might expect, but worth the wait.
Good people to work with just terrible management
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2018
Clock in, get ready for the day and get moving to bring trucks in the building. I was part of the consolidation/inventory team. Drive forklift 8-12 hours a day moving product to make new trucks fit.
Pros
hour lunch and sometimes free food
Cons
was hard to get time off when you have family plans and such
Fair Workplace
Territory Account Manager/Inside Design and Sales (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 13, 2018
Easer provided above average management, great peers, and a fair compensation package for meeting your goals. It was an overall good place to work and provided me with the training and skills needed to advance my career.
Pros
Peers and product within the marketplace.
Cons
Advancement was tough.
Highly stressful working environment
Retail sales division account manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 19, 2018
Corporate goals are not clearly defined.
Poor management
Company is not able to achieve goals without changing structure and marketing programs.
Company is committed to growing builder segment but unable to achieve goals in other markets.
Horrible structure where sales is always fighting against operations
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Emser TileAugust 13, 2018
They want to short staff all of the branches and pay more money because they run very lean on staff. It is too much of a workload for everyone in the branch and it creates friction between the branch members. The sales and operations are split all the way up the organizational chart until you get to the president of the company, therefore you are constantly in a battle as to whose advice you need to follow.
Pros
Better pay
Cons
Short staffed because of the better pay scale
I enjoyed working at Emser Tile and Natural Stone
Trade Sales Representive (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 2, 2018
Emser was a great place to work. If you have a strong background in Sales you will excel. There was so issues getting product in when promised. However, I believe this was due to growing so quickly and trying to keep up with the growth. I love the staff and love my clients equally. A lot is expected but that goes a long way.
Pros
great people
Cons
work life balance
Good company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2018
This company is sales driven and supply chain driven. Having products available and getting supplies to job sites fast is key in this business. The sales side allows you to build good relationships with business customers.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Very cometitive
Strategically growing to be the best
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  MidwestOctober 26, 2018
I'm very excited to be part of Emser's expansion into the Midwest market. They have very direct goals along with team collaboration and management support to help achieve them. It's easy to imagine the future possibilities with Emser!
Outstanding On-Boarding of new Associates
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 15, 2018
Professionally designed and delivered On-Boarding Training for new Emser Associates. Covered critical knowledge and skills, delivered with panache, and immediately applicable.
Pros
Great culture, very supportive
Cons
None that I have seen
Fun place to work
Warehouse Shipping/Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 21, 2018
Fast paced and fun when it all boils down to it. But it is still work! Benefits were great and the pay was good as well. Owners are phenomenal people.
Pros
Free lunches from vendors time to time.
Cons
Un air conditioned warehouse
Productive and had variety
Sample Maker (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 29, 2018
Enjoyed the variety and being able to create and put together attractive samples. Enjoyed staying on top of things and keeping things up to date. Loved learning new product lines.
Pros
Stayed busy
Cons
Expected more of a robot
Great company to work for
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Worked here years ago and recently came back. Very great company. They listen to our needs and are very willing to help in any way if possible. Work pace is busy/steady. There's always plenty of work to do
Pros
Alot of pros
Cons
A little strict about food and cell phones but nothing major
It was a great place to work at
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 11, 2018
My time at Emser Tile was fun and I enjoyed every minute I spent there. The supervisors are very well respected and reasonable. They always come to you to see how your doing in the mornings and before you leave work. If I could go back I would that’s how good of a company Emser Tile is I would recommend a lot of hard working people to apply there they won’t regret it.
7 months in
OSR (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 19, 2018
I am 7 months in and Emser Tile has gone above and beyond to make sure I have the training I need and give me the family feel of business. All my managers have been very helpful and I feel like I can contact anyone in the company for help.
N/a
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 30, 2018
If you are not part of the "IN" team, you are not worth their time. If you are liked and doing horrible, you still have a job. Field Leaders do not have any "Leadership Skill Sets", they only know "Tell direct" form of leading, no coaching, just tell direct...
It's a great place to work as long as the company doesn't have to make budget cuts.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 14, 2018
We worked as a team to accomplish our daily goals to the company as well as our customers. I felt happy to come to work everyday because I knew that my day would be full and productive.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
No job security
forklift operator
Qa manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2018
The job is very physical and super demanding. A lot of opportunities can be given but be warned there are a few managers that do not give those opportunities unless you befriend them.
Harassment at its finest.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 22, 2018
Managers will not aid their employees. The employee already had many sit downs, yet no one cared. Nothing was done at all about this employee so I was forced to quit. Management was also unhelpful. As long as they're getting paid the wont bother to help the others around. A lot of drug involvement happening in the warehouse. Specifically marijuana, but all they say is hey "its the flooring business." The employee who also injured me while on the job was also a weed head (figures) which was also high at the time when the incident happened. Not even a report occurred the following day regarding the employee that did it. this company blows.
Cons
everything.