EMSER TILE Employee Reviews

It was a great place to work at
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 11, 2018
My time at Emser Tile was fun and I enjoyed every minute I spent there. The supervisors are very well respected and reasonable. They always come to you to see how your doing in the mornings and before you leave work. If I could go back I would that’s how good of a company Emser Tile is I would recommend a lot of hard working people to apply there they won’t regret it.
Harassment at its finest.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 22, 2018
Managers will not aid their employees. The employee already had many sit downs, yet no one cared. Nothing was done at all about this employee so I was forced to quit. Management was also unhelpful. As long as they're getting paid the wont bother to help the others around. A lot of drug involvement happening in the warehouse. Specifically marijuana, but all they say is hey "its the flooring business." The employee who also injured me while on the job was also a weed head (figures) which was also high at the time when the incident happened. Not even a report occurred the following day regarding the employee that did it. this company blows.
Cons
everything.
Work environment is stressful, fast paced and long hours.
Customer Service & Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 3, 2018
No life balance and lack of management make it a stressful place to work. There is always lots of work to do on top of helping customers through out the day.
Pros
all the overtime you want
Cons
no breaks and lots of heavy lifting
Wonderful Family Run organization
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER &NATIONAL ACCOUNTS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 10, 2018
It all starts at the top. Ownership treats you like family. The company has made many new cultural shifts since I left but from what I hear, its only gotten better.
Worst mistake of my career
Regional Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2018
My first boss thought I was hired to replace him and he made my life a living he**. He created crazy travel schedules, manipulated and pitted team members against each other, misrepresented my contributions and lied on a regular basis. We would endure weekly conference calls that were supposed to be an hour long but would go on for 2-3 hours - always over lunchtime. Often these calls would be pointless and he would engage another associate in an argumentative debate. The atmosphere was oppressive and I dreaded any encounter with my boss.
Pros
None to be found
Cons
No team work - much back-stabbing & betrayal
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 28, 2018
horrible management no advancement pay is what to be expected just a dead end job too much drama at work and had workers at eachother not a good enviroment
Very Friendly but very fast paced
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJanuary 7, 2018
Great staff to work for but a very fast paced job. You will need to be on your toes at all times and must be willing to multi-task and work under pressure. They definitely take care of you with a work life balance. Branch Manager always has your back and wants you to succeed but if you never been in this work before it might be very difficult because they will want you at certain level even before you fully trained. But yes I would recomoneded this place to anyone. Sorry it didn't work out for me.
Great place
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2017
No chance to progress and move up for better opportunities within the company. Rarely gave raises , and management was constantly changed due to the fact of companies reputation of favoritism.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No chance to move forward with company
Horrible workplace. Would not recommend.
AP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 16, 2017
This job is a great place to work if you love long hours, hate work-life balance, appreciate poor management, and despise upward mobility in the workplace.
Pros
Cons
The hours, the benefits, management, lack of performance management.
Experience doesn't matter
DC Warehouse Associate II (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VANovember 9, 2017
Not enough money for the back breaking type of work. I have many more of experience doing this type of work and still come in making the same as a first year employee.
fast pace and fun environment
Warehouse lead (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2017
great place to grow personally and business wise, hard work stacking tile and setting materials.
load and unload trucks help clients with purchase question and price.
Pros
over time is unlimited
Cons
work 6 days a week 12 plus hrs
Great experiences with customers.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 8, 2017
Start off at the branch to schedule my daily stops with customers. Daily sales wins with truckload po#s Emser is very pleasant work environment with much support.
Pros
Lunch meetings and scedule
Cons
Just Daily Traffic
Growing Company with Advancement Opportunities
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 26, 2017
Good Company with potential for further success. More individual market focus is needed to satisfy the customers needs and and create more opportunities for the branch to accomplish sales objectives.
Pros
Great selection of products.
Cons
Suggestions for improvment fall on deaf ears.
Face Paced
Regional Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJune 20, 2017
A leading supplier of tile and natural stone used for residential and commercial projects with over 50 showrooms throughout the United States (face paced).
Not a career just a job. Would not promote.
Warehouse Associate II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2017
There have been jobs that i worked in the pass that were not very good, however they all had good and bad qualities, Emser only had two good things that i can attest too.

I received a paycheck.
I liked working with my team.
Amazing customers and lots of opportunity to advance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 29, 2017
One of the best environments in workplace. Hands on education, benefits great, pay reasonable.. was sad to leave due to illness that caused an out of state move.
Great company
SALES / SHOWROOM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 10, 2017
I would definitely work again for this company. Fast paced and stressful but they pay well. You have to be exceeding your sales goals. They have a great product line offering. They are somewhat overpriced but they can be flexible with their pricing.
Smoke and mirrors
Inside trade rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 6, 2017
A word to the wise stay away from this company they are deceptive and you will be harassed Daily they sell this position in one regard and the truth of the matter is is you will receive five pages of accounts that are no good and be harassed by the assistant operations manager about where your sales are .
I just quit this job yesterday management makes it miserable they will literally pull you out of a working sesssion with a client to go into office and listen to a daily meeting on the speaker phone they set unrealistic goals my first month on floor they expected me to write 177,000 and when you don't achieve it you are brought into the office and asked why and what are you doing to get there this was my very first month.
Do yourself a favor and stay away it's a horrible position. End it doesn't matter how many questions you ask in the interview as soon as you were hired they not only change the position but they change the starting hours and the responses it is what it is and when you say that's not what you told me it was your Deemed a troublemaker. The one asst manager has been shipped all over cause of his behavior it's liabable. So beware all that glitters isn't gold but Enders will tell you it is
great pay hard work
Manager (Former Employee) –  VAApril 25, 2017
Chance to shine and be well compensated. marketing support is thin and lags behind new products. Must be willing to put in the effort and extra time to suceed.
Hard work for little pay
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 6, 2017
I worked for this company for 3 years and never received a promotion. Manager hired his golfing buddy to become his assistant rather than someone who worked there and improved the stores inventory issues and saved the company money in shipping as well.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work