EMSI Employee Reviews

Featured review
EMSI selected this as a representative review
Friendly and helpful
Customer Service Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXNovember 8, 2018
Staff and management at the assigned department were helpful and friendly, worked with you if you had any issues at work or even at home. EMSI is a great place to work at, the only difficult part about my department was that it was strictly commission.
Productive and fun place to work with great co workers.
LDAR Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 19, 2019
Monitoring components to make sure they are not leaking and filling out work permitsand carrying a 20lb bookbag. I learned how to make thejob easier for me. Our superviser is the best as long as you do your job he will never go hard on an employee. The hardest part of my job is climbing 50 to 150 foot vessels and working outside in the winter. The enjoyable part of my jobis being around my co workers cause we all jokearound and make thejob fun.
Pros
Overtime, raises and 3 day weekends and paid holidays
Cons
No affordable healthcare, low starting wage
Good place, could pay a lot more
Mobile Examiner (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 20, 2018
Working here requires a lot of travel, independent work and keeping up-to-date. The culture and job itself are wonderful. The compensation and benefits are the worst part, especially considering the risks and costs of travel and healthcare work. If they paid a living wage, they'd retain a lot more people. This is a supplementary job that can keep your skills current or bring in extra income. Full-time, fully benefited positions aren't really available and this can be considered underemployment for the mobile examiner.
Pros
The work itself, autonomy, flexible scheduling, clients
Cons
pay, travel
The hardest part of the job.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 21, 2018
The hardest part was not being paid for the quality of work you output. There have been people that work hard and never got a raise and some have no received their yearly reviews.
N/a
Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Working at EMSI has been hard. The bosses are pretty understanding when needing to leave or come in late if something has happened. They do not give raises, no bonuses and no option for advancement.
pay
Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 20, 2018
I do not get paid enough and I have been here for 5 years. I have only gotten two pay raises in my whole time here and it is not enough to get an apartment or duplex with my boyfriend.
Pros
easy work, not stressful
Cons
pay and benefits!!!!
Robotic
Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 12, 2019
The company expects you to do 2 to 3 peoples job. There are no Benefits. No extras of anykind. No overtime. No pay increases. The people I work with are great . The company has a very high turn around rate.
Pros
hours
Cons
everything else
No benefits at all
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXDecember 31, 2018
They would say you ciuld get benefits after 6 months. Before six months passed they wold relocate you in another job so it would start over. Not good at all
Independent work environment
Paramedical Examiner (Former Employee) –  Columbia Heights, MNAugust 12, 2018
Part-time, non benefit earning position as a Paramedical Examiner. Small office, most work completed outside of the office. I set my own hours. Compensation depended on the number and type of services completed.
Pros
Ability to set own schedule, idependent work environment
Cons
No set salary or income, Pay check depended on how many exams completed each week.
Hated working here.
Internal Agent (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Management were never able to answer questions and was always changing. High turnover rate. Having to stay on script even at the annoyance of customers.
Pros
Benefits and pto
Cons
management
If you need to get your feet off the ground.
MOBILE PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 25, 2018
There is not much room for advancement within the company; compensation for paramedical examinations is low; pay is per diem
This is a great job for someone freshly out of school to gain experience to move on elsewhere
No benefits compensation for paramedical examiners
Mileage only reimbursed after driving 50+ miles within a day.
Pros
Slim/no supervision, good job experience
Cons
no growth or development within company
productive work environment
Application Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 5, 2018
Working at EMSI is great and the people are awesome. I will take this experience with me forever. The learning experience is great. I learned how to type faster then I used to. I also learned how important the insurance really is. this benefits families that really need the coverage and if this is not done in a timely manner the applicant could possibly be denied.
Soulless company with clueless higher ups
Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 4, 2018
worked there for 2 years as "temp" was praised almost every day then fired and rehired at less pay. After a year was congratulated for only 1 year of service and my raise was 2 cents. Yes literally a 2 penny raise. My direct manager was fine and even her boss was fine, but above that? yeah HR is a joke.

Their system for counting what work you complete is wrong yet the higher ups don't care. Saw a report that I only completed 6 tasks in a 6 hour period. Seriously? I do way more work than 6 cases in an entire day

During the first 2 years, the president of the company used to send out mass emails gloating about how much cash the business makes while the company is busy hiring people 15-30 at a time, picking out 1-3 of the best then firing the rest once work is all caught up.

This company will treat you like garbage however, it does pay more than minimum wage and its fairly laid back, at least in the immediate area of your team.
Pros
higher than minimum wage, friendly team members
Cons
Hr, strict/clueless higher ups and middle finger raises
Good Starter Job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 11, 2018
EMSI is a great place to start and to build a resume, however do not expect benefits, steady income, or very much organization from the company or management team as a whole.
Work place
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 19, 2018
The work place was very boring. Sometimes it was tough due to getting paid pretty much minimum wage. There are some people such as upper management was very rude at times throughout my employment with the company.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
No benefits especially if you are part time.
Work from home was ideal and pay was ok. However, there was no job advancement.
Remote Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 5, 2018
This position was considered to be contract and pay was based on the number of cases you completed on a daily basis. Work from home was ideal and pay was ok. However, there was no job advancement and no full time employment available.. Workload was mild and sometimes during winter months there would not be enough work which then meant there was no pay if no cases were completed.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No advancement and no benefits provided.
Really Enjoy but has some drawbacks
Data Entry (Remote) (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 24, 2018
I have really enjoyed working here because I'm weird and I like data entry. However, even though I am satisfied with where I am, there is little room for advancement. Pay and hours are not adequate to meet some of my most basic needs without having to sacrifice grocery money. Mistakes are unacceptable but training, when done right by someone who knows how to train is often enough to prevent most mistakes. No healthcare is provided for part-time employees. Part-time is 20 hours and 'full time' is 36 hours. On the plus side, part time Data Entry can be done remotely from home while anyone hired on at 36 is limited to the office, but that may change in very near future. Often there are not enough extra hours given to complete time sensitive work. Unfortunately raises are a joke. This is a good job for college students looking for some experience, retirees looking or something to do for a few hours a day or for someone looking for supplemental income.
Pros
Part-time Data Entry Position can be done remotely
Cons
No Healthcare for part-timers. Low Pay and Hours.
Pleasent
Case worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 5, 2018
The best part about the job was co-workers and bosses. I have gained the best re-pore with the employees. Typical work day was fast paced get the job done and with no mistakes.
Pros
no drama everyone liked each other
Cons
No raises
Great Place To Work.
Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hewitt, TXJune 25, 2018
Overall experience is great. I’ve learn a lot about life insurance while working here. The work environment is is very calm. There are also decent benefits that come with the job.
Negative Management Experience
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 5, 2018
I have worked for this company for several years and have watchedmanagement in my department increasingly grow worse over time. There is no collaboration between mid management operations and upper management. The company stance is that they promote from within, but that isn't the case. Yearly performance reviews only occur if the employee initiates it and pesters the manager repeatedly. The management style at this organization is extremely lacking - from micromanagement to no educational/training opportunities for career growth within the company. The biggest negative about EMSI is the pay scale is not even remotely comparable to the same position in the same job market. The workplace culture is not conducive to growth.
Pros
Ability to learn the industry
Cons
Management, Pay, Work Environment
Stressful, low pay, long hours, no job security
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 8, 2018
EMSI is a great place to work for those who do not wish to advance and like doing easy repetitive tasks. The upper management team does not relay pertinent information to the team as they should and there is no clear vision of what the company is about.

When employees ask if there is going to be layoffs, upper management ensures them that there will be no layoffs, only to do so the next week.

There is no consistency with raises, in the 4 years I have been with the company I have yet to receive an annual performance review.

Overall if you are looking for something temporary, no room for growth, and shady management, then this is the job for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMSI. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight