EMSI Employee Reviews

Featured review
EMSI selected this as a representative review
Friendly and helpful
Customer Service Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXNovember 8, 2018
Staff and management at the assigned department were helpful and friendly, worked with you if you had any issues at work or even at home. EMSI is a great place to work at, the only difficult part about my department was that it was strictly commission.
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXOctober 30, 2018
Enjoyed working for this company. Learned many skills that I continue to use daily. Coworkers were great and managers helped me develop my job skills.
worst place to work
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXOctober 20, 2018
Horrible place to work. I work at EMSI only a few months, when hired on they told me i would part time and after 60 days will be full time. they had no since of normal. My manager would give us extra work to complete by the end of the day and would give it to us at 2 and expect over 200 calls to be done by five. The Team work was great... only because we would be in "trouble" if not completed.
Pros
great team work
Cons
horrible bosses
Good company to work for....able to make own hours...very flexible!
Medical recetionist/ Medical Assistant/ Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 18, 2018
Worked as a medical assistant/medical examiner. Performing physicals for people applying for life insurance, scheduling and performing EKG, drug screens, blood work, finger printing.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
No cons.
The job is not what they make it out to be
Paramedical Examiner (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IA 50265September 25, 2018
When I was hired they stated that it would be for the Cedar Rapids area and a few surrounding towns such as Marion, Robins, Hiawatha, etc that I would travel to collected insurance information. They lied! They did not have any opportunities for my area- I had to travel 3 hours every time there was a participant. I only received $65 of income twice a month for paychecks because they don't tell you that if you are needing them to send supplies to you it comes out of your pocket. Training was terrible. I had to learn how to use my equipment on youtube.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
lack of training
Fast-paced, Challenging, & Engaging Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 21, 2018
I have really enjoyed working at EMSI. The pace is fast, and there are a lot of challenges, but with them come significant learning and growth opportunities. Team is collaborative. If you're ready for a fast-paced environment with advancement and career development opportunities, check EMSI out!
pay
Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 20, 2018
I do not get paid enough and I have been here for 5 years. I have only gotten two pay raises in my whole time here and it is not enough to get an apartment or duplex with my boyfriend.
Pros
easy work, not stressful
Cons
pay and benefits!!!!
Good place, could pay a lot more
Mobile Examiner (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 20, 2018
Working here requires a lot of travel, independent work and keeping up-to-date. The culture and job itself are wonderful. The compensation and benefits are the worst part, especially considering the risks and costs of travel and healthcare work. If they paid a living wage, they'd retain a lot more people. This is a supplementary job that can keep your skills current or bring in extra income. Full-time, fully benefited positions aren't really available and this can be considered underemployment for the mobile examiner.
Pros
The work itself, autonomy, flexible scheduling, clients
Cons
pay, travel
No drama, people-focused company that is making a difference
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 18, 2018
I have been with EMSI for two years and have never had a "typical" day. Every day I usually work on four or five different projects for different parts of the business. The culture is very focused on customers and solving problems. There are new investments and new products all the time - new ways to get data from health records, portals for customer data. You have to like variety to work here. The best part of the job is that everybody is on the same page. People work together pretty easily.
Pros
Focused on helping people get insurance and find clinical trials
Cons
Local traffic
Collaborative Energy and Strong Leadership is Fueling this Company in an Exciting Direction
Manager (Current Employee) –  IrvingSeptember 17, 2018
Do you want to work for a stale company that just puts in the status-quo? That just checks the box? Do you want to work for a company that at the end of the day, really serves no benefit to your friends, family, and neighbors? Are you not up for work challenges? Are you not up for exciting, fast-moving days? Then EMSI is NOT the company for you!

The new senior management team is turning the EMSI ship towards bold new waters. You can feel the energy in the air as teams collaborate to take a solid foundation formed through many years of service and apply them to brand new markets and exciting markets at that. Team and individual success is celebrated. And at the end of the day, you go home and know that you have saved and protected lives in this crazy world of ours!
Pros
collaborative environment; team and individual success is celebrated; exciting new direction
Cons
more talent needed (come on board!)
A great place to work
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 17, 2018
Management is working hard to make employees feel challenged and valued. Many changes lately that are trying to improve the company and make things more efficient.
Pros
remote jobs, competitive pay
Cons
Health insurance is expensive, but its offered
Its a simple job with decent pay
LDAR TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Old Ocean, TXSeptember 10, 2018
The hours and work load can be long and hard. But there is definitely money to be made. Almost guaranteed overtime and room for advancement for individuals who are willing to learn and work.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Hours
Hated working here.
Internal Agent (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Management were never able to answer questions and was always changing. High turnover rate. Having to stay on script even at the annoyance of customers.
Pros
Benefits and pto
Cons
management
Productive, fast paced but in the end, got really Boring
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 5, 2018
It was fine at the start when I got hired on but then as the years accumulated, things changed. New management came & changed everything. The good people that once worked there, came & left quickly. Soon after that, there was a high turnover.
Pros
Got to know the clients, new working environment, new people
Cons
Boring routine, nothing new
This is an Okay place to work.
Case worker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 31, 2018
There is a room for promotion. Some of the management are good people. There is a lot of great team work. Rhe clients can get a little rowdy but that come with most jobs.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Short breaks
Postive experience so far, we are distributed across US, but culture is collaborative and high energy
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  US, East CoastAugust 23, 2018
I am a relatively new employee, serving in a business function. The executive team is also relatively new and seems to be coming together well towards achieving our objectives. Brand identity is under construction, and it seems the story is quite timely and being well received. I believe I am contributing and as we grow anticipate resources to support the efforts will be where they are needed. Hardest part of the job is in part due to the diversity in locations and a very busy team--but not insurmountable. Most enjoyable part is as we win and grow the business, team seems to really appreciate it and want to do the right thing for clients. Coming from a much less friendly business environment, this feels like it was the right move. I would recommend this company to friends seeking a position.
Pros
Positive energy, growth motivation, doing right thing, client support
Cons
More marketing support would be good
Emsi
Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2018
A good company to work with. They are professional and experienced

It was good working with them
Someone was always there to answer any questions I had and was very helpful and polite
Independent work environment
Paramedical Examiner (Former Employee) –  Columbia Heights, MNAugust 12, 2018
Part-time, non benefit earning position as a Paramedical Examiner. Small office, most work completed outside of the office. I set my own hours. Compensation depended on the number and type of services completed.
Pros
Ability to set own schedule, idependent work environment
Cons
No set salary or income, Pay check depended on how many exams completed each week.
proacive and fun place of employeement
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 12, 2018
I loved working there. I wish I could go back. the company overall was excellent and my supervisor was amazing. it was a relaxed inviroment and easy to do.
Pros
take breaks when needed not scheduled
Cons
no room to move up
Good Starter Job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 11, 2018
EMSI is a great place to start and to build a resume, however do not expect benefits, steady income, or very much organization from the company or management team as a whole.
Something to be Desired
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXAugust 4, 2018
Unfortunately, I left this job after an employee cussed me out and she was sent home with pay for 3 days while I was required to work. The privilege of being a supervisor, I suppose.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMSI. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight