Enable Midstream Partners

Enable Midstream Partners Employee Reviews

Young company still trying to find itself
Good, stable midstream company with excellent benefits. Company out is conservative and stable compared to other oil & gas companies. However, IT department is abhorrent. Old blood want to keep their jobs and will not collaborate. If your a contractor, don't expect to get a job but expect to get pulled around on a possible full-time position.
Excellent Place to Work
The Company went through some very challenging Financial Times while I was there. Bullish CEO took over and righted the Company very quickly without "Corporate Speak", he was truly engaged in making the Company a great place to work. I miss my coworkers and management team I worked with. Only reason I left was a fairly substantial promotion.
Fun and exciting.
Great place to work I just dont like OKC too much traffic. I support field ops on Telecom and that is all driving job thru the city and out to the country the job is fantastic its based out of OKC if that was rural far from the big city it would be great.
Terrible management. Poor work enviorment
Micromanaged from a distance. No real leadership. No room for growth. Just people that make lateral moves to do something else. The workload is very high for one person due to lack of staffing. Will likely be bought out in the future.
Unlimited learning and ability to cross train
I started in one position and they gave me opportunity to learn more. The advancements were very tight but they always allowed you to continue to learn and add to you skill set. I only knew upstream oil located in Canada to Midstream Gas in Lower 48. I was not able to learn new skills but also learn from other departments about their contribution to the system.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Enjoyed working there only reason for leaving gas was depleting great bunch of co workers all got along real good, each employee would help out or work for you if days needed off
Lack of decision-making skills ruins company
Enable is getting worse by the month. Execs are treated with white glove service, and are catered to in a way that keeps them from seeing any real idea of employee life. They can't make decisions and the result is that underlings have to scurry around at the last minute to make things right. The company is very IT driven. About a third of its non-field employees are in IT. You'd think IT would work perfectly. But it doesn't. Employees aren't held accountable for much, in IT or across the company. If you are the sort of person that feels personally responsible for quality work, you will burn yourself out for nothing. Raises and bonuses are fairly disconnected from actual performance. It is more about whose rear you are kissing. Enable listens to the squeaky wheels, so employees must spend time on non-strategic priorities to keep everyone happy even if 98% of the company isn't complaining. Enable recently moved into new office spaces with employees moving in waves. I'm didn't move before leaving, but the cubicles are laughably tiny, and mid-level managers with advanced degrees and supervisory responsibilities are being put into cubicles. Be sure to ask where you will office if you are looking at a job at Enable. There are no mentoring programs, no way to job shadow, no real professional development, and money to travel to conferences is only for special people. If your boss isn't willing to fight for you, there are very few opportunities. There is no support for remote work, and face time is required in the corporate office. Enable has a good benefits package and nice people overall, - more...
ok
ok
decent environment

alternate week schedule option where you get every other Friday holiday with 80 hours in 9 days

learned M&A process did a lot of due dilligence
Good work environment
Work life balance is great for me! I enjoy the location of my office and the vacation & sick time policy and having holidays off to spend with my family.
Great work environment
Learned a lot made great friends. Great work environment. Management attempted to create an environment where employees could receive backup and support.
I worked with a great group of people. I was able to grow in my career from an entry level accountant to an Accounting Manager. My only reason for leaving was a family decision to move out of state.
Great place to work with a great culture
Great leadership and culture. Good work life balance. The company invests in their employees. Co-workers treat each other with respect and has a family feel.

Love working here.
Pros
Respect and transparance
Cons
Have to pay for garage parking, No policy on working remotely.
Great company with a great culture. Tremendous benefits.
Great company with a great culture. Enable Midstream is a growing company and really appreciates hard work. There's a great work/life balance and very good benefits.
Work
In general the overall aspect of the company is good but there are many managers and directors that are hard to work for. Many are very much micromanagers. They promote work life balance but get on to you for being out with your kid. Promised many things during my interview and very little have been delivered on,
Pros
matching 401K
Cons
micromanaging
good company with good benefits
work is not hard but very routine. good 401 k and health benefits. pay is decent and competitive with market. day to day job duties are routine for the industry.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low level management
Ability to work independently and make practical decisions to improve processes. I learned all aspects of the natural gas industry. I was given many opportunities to travel to field locations to observe operations at meter sites. Many training opportunities provided over the years to include Microsoft Office, Gas Measurement specific software and self improvement training classes. Great culture of teamwork and common goals. Management has improved over the years. Most stressful part of the job was the end of month deadlines, potential problems that were out of the control of field technicians or office analysts but it was a good challenge to face, work through and meet the deadlines. Enjoyed my co-workers and my job.
Pros
Good Benefits/ Competitive Pay
Cons
Unpredictable Oil & Gas Industry
Good Company
Only worked there for 9 months, not much to give a review on. They were in a transition when I was there from Enogex to Enable Midstream. Many changes were taking place at that time with employees, management and merging with Centerpoint.
Great Place, Great Benefits
Safety is key, Great atmosphere, Overall team spirit and willingness to promote moral for all employees. Location was perfect for a daily commute. All and All a great place to work.
Pros
Free sodas
Cons
Solitude is a must
Was a good place to work, then merger caused company to relocate my group
Was a great company to work for before we merged to create Enable. Merger became basically a takeover and people from our legacy company took big layoffs, then mass office moves.
Pros
Good Company before merger but got worse afterwards
Cons
Upper management wasn't great
Poor management leads to uncertain working environment
Enable Midstream has poor communication regarding the direction of the company as a whole from the top down. This poor communication leads to uncertainty in the work place and a feeling of uneasiness throughout the offices. As a result, expectations are not clearly defined and the results intended are never met.

Most of the people who work for Enable are great, and this is definitely the best aspect of the company. Unfortunately, with each day less and less of those wonderful people are working there.
A day at Enable Midstream
- Check ticketing system for work orders/tickets to be resolved for the day.
-I learned how to work on Field sites.

- Management was flexible and personable. Friendly and motivate.

- workplace culture is positive and together like a family.

- Trying to get more equipment to help out our customers and the demands of growth in the company.

- Working with my teammates and visiting with customers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enable Midstream Partners. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight