Enchante Accessories Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Great co-workers and an awesome boss. I had the creative freedom to work on projects without any stress or oversight from co-workers or management. I learned a lot about the accessory industry.
Step stone to better things
Showroom Sales Assistant - Frames Division (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2018
A place to hold you off at a very low pay rate while building a resume.
Multiple promises but when it comes to advancement, it just does not happen.
Management does not communicate which turns into projects been rushed and high demands for such low pay.
No sense of structure or organization but more of a "mechanical" structure; think of it as being a robot.
Everyone is "a boss" but ultimately no one is when its comes to reviews or giving raises; dead end.
Most enjoyable thing is to leave Fridays at 4pm and that it is never expected to work on weekends.
Pros
ewish holidays, work till 4 on fridays, never work on weekends
Cons
Bad Management, low pay rate, no employee appreciation, worst communication
Decent Experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2018
Great products and location for the company office. It is a very corporate style environment and there is a fairly consistent system to the daily operations.
Work hard and excel
Admin. (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10016January 5, 2018
Enchante Accessories Inc. is a great place to get your feet wet, and gain invaluable experience. If your the type of person who works hard and sets goals you will excel. However, if you do your duties and punch out do not expect much in return. This is a team environment, where you are expected to wear many hats despite the position hired for. Every company has it's faults but, that only means there is a room for improvement. Overall, a good company to work for.
Pros
Great staff, benfits, close nit.
Good place for a recent graduate
Creative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2017
As a creative I didn't learn much, but as an employee, I learned a lot on the sides of organization and team work. There wasn't any room for advancement, everyone is usually stuck in the same position without much raises. The company as a whole doesn't concern themselves with the employee morale which was very disappointing. As a foot in the door to an experience at a corporate job, it was an okay place to work. The environment of other creatives was great with amazing peers to work along side of.
Pros
good creative work environment
Fun and fast paced work enviornment
Administrative Asst./Product Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2017
Extremely fast paced work environment that allows you to learn many different aspects of the job culture because you are required to wear so many different hats as an administrative assistant. I joined the team eager to fulfill that role to the best of my abilities and not only did I become a better organized Admin. but I also learned how to do product development, sample coordination, logistics, design, and communications/shipping and receiving on an international scale. Busy work environment means that there is always something to do, which is wonderful.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
unpaid overtime, extremely short breaks
it's what you make of it
Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
There is no company culture here. It's the people that either make it or break it. I worked here for a while and i learned a lot but definitely not a place to stay long. The growth capacity has a limit and then you will feel stuck.
Pros
not much
Cons
no growth
A Designers Nightmare
Jr. Packaging Designer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 23, 2017
Where do I begin, the company is quite large and yet there is such a huge disconnect within all the departments. No unity or "TEAM" environment, you might as well be working by yourself remotely.
There is a huge amount of unorganization and inefficiency across the board, and to top that off the work is unrealistic and ethically irresponsible. I have never worked with a company that treated its employees so poorly.
Pros
Cons
unorganized, no growth potential, plagiarists, no structure, horrible work culture/environment, horrible benefits/vacation/salary
Crazy Days
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2017
This is a great first job. As you will learn all about product development, sourcing and open orders. however, there is no organization.
Exciting place to work
MAINTENANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 18, 2017
It's always exciting working at the airport. You have the chance of meeting many different people from all over the world and also the working environment was very fast pace, so it kept you busy and alert.
Family Owned Bussiness
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 22, 2016
Ok Management, won't pay more then $10 hr. Never got paid on time. Not the greatest enviroment to work in. not a lot of training provided
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits
Learn and leave There are better places to work.
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Its an OK entry level job as a assistant project manager. Learn what you need to know and leave. this is not the place you stay for longer than a year. Also, its a favorite game the more you kiss up the better. There is no real structure so it doesn't prepare you for a real corporate job.
Pros
casual clothing
Cons
short breaks, cheap company, no coffee provided, only jewish holidays off and major holidays like christmas, no real HR department, the bath and body department
Hard Working People heavily involved in their work
Production Manager/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midtown ManhattanSeptember 4, 2014
I have learned a great deal seeing that I work in one of the smaller divisions of the company. My bosses are wonderful people who are learning as they go which could be frustrating but overall the environment is enjoyable. A typical day starts with going through my emails, updating Line Lists, corresponding with our factories in China, keeping track of any production changes. Processes orders coming in from clients and writing order for factories. Editing photos for said line lists and working on other projects. My co-workers have been helpful for the most part but because we are all very busy it is hard to get one-on one time I would say the worst part of the job is the pay and lack of benefits even when I work harder than anyone in my department I get paid the least. Another personal complaint is that I am sometimes used to do my bosses personal errands which I wouldn't mind if the pay were better, also I do not have one job, when I was employed I was told I would be the production assistant but I do not have a role there to call my own. I do everything for everyone. It is quite overwhelming and I would love to have a well defined role that my bosses would stick to. I also do feel disrespected and unappreciated often by my main boss, he can be quite condescending and just plain mean sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the creative aspect. I do have a say in some parts of the products, i enjoy the laughter that I do share occasionally with my bosses and like I said in the beginning i truly believe they are wonderful people. I like creating things and I like seeing  more... my projects go from ideas to tangible products.  less
Pros
Jewish Holidays Off, Early days off Fridays, Free Coffee
Cons
Terrible Pay, No Healthcare, No HR department, Outdated Computers, Laziness by superiors and sales reps
its a bad place to work at
Freelance Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2014
My experience has been pretty bad, they hook you in with a recruiter, and then after your recruiting hours are done, they will get rid of you. Its cheap expandable work for them.

They don't offer any benefits and don't treat you very fairly either. The art director will play favorites.
Pros
you can learn how to mock-up very well
Cons
stressful, no benefits, no professionalism
Fast paced work environment
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2013
A not so corporate work environment, pretty relaxed about hours, very busy seasons with a lot of fast paced projects. Must be a quick learner and ready to handle several projects at once.
Pros
relaxed hours, a lot of holidays
Cons
expensive healthcare
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2013
This was a great place to work. If I needed to leave work early, I was able to make up my work by working through lunch or coming in early the next day.
Pros
family oriented