Encompass Digital Media

• Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

Good experience

Overall it's a good company. We had a good team and my manager was excellent. The healthcare benefits could be better. I worked in DVIDS which is a government contract so I am not sure about the network operations part of the company.

Uptight environment

WE are not machines. You come here to get your foot in the door. Do not stay because you will become unsatisfied and unfulfilled with the work you have to do. Not much room for growth.

Good Natured Co-workers

I enjoyed working with my co-workers. They were very collaborative and went out of their way to assist where possible. My colleagues were hard working individuals who always gave 100% effort towards their assigned tasks.

They have benefits, no work life balance

Soul crushing. Was used and abused. Climbed the ranks only to be stuck in a position that was stressful and demanding. On call 24/7. Best employees that I trained were constantly taken from me and moved elsewhere, giving me the problem employees. Promotions over mid Management are all based on sucking up. If your in the clique, you have Ok working environment, but the hard workers just get abused.

Pros

Free lunches for MCOs, health and dental insurance

Cons

Lots of people that work here have gotten cancer (they make you sign a waiver regarding RF), lack of advancement, lack of professional certification training, upper Management only cares about bottom line

Toxic Environment

I would go work at Encompass as a last resort. If you already have a job, you are better off where you are. Unless you want overnights, low pay and just a warm body in the building. Middle management is awful. All they care about is themselves. Favoritism is the rule. If you are not one of the 'chosen ones' you will get the short end of the stick as long as you stay at EDM. EDM is a toxic environment.

Pros

Co-Workers

Cons

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Don't even consider remaining an employee after working at this place.

For anyone who has experience working as a master control operator at a local news station, the best thing to do is remain at a local station. Don't accept an opportunity to work at a hub. The environment is so strict it's like a prison. Managers are so hard on you about focusing primarily to watch television screens to avoid errors. They try to make everything perfect but always forget no matter what everything will not be perfect. There's no way someone should have to demand me to sit down in a chair the whole time and eyeball a screen while demanding that I don't use my phone it's ridiculous. They talk about the clients who we do all the work for whom the operators will never know personally. Those clients make a lot of stupid guidelines that result in bad feedback. We do so many tasks in the room and we will never get paid for what we're worth. You have to request 30 minute lunch breaks in which there's a lunch sheet that has to be passed around to sign your name on. The managers will get angry if you come back late from your lunch break. As a master control operator, you're treated like a low life person. Bottom line: Encompass Digital Media is an employer that I definitely would not miss any more seconds of if I decided to leave today. This is definitely the right place to achieve success.

Pros

No working on weekends if your schedule is one of the lucky ones.

Cons

Management staff, low pay, strict guidelines everywhere

Productive, but cut short.

My time at Encompass was a completely new experience, and in my time there, I met some of the most down to earth managers I’d ever had the pleasure of working with. That’s not something I ever thought I’d say. The work was simple to understand, easy to appreciate, and I genuinely felt appreciated and impactful (for the most part). That being said, the job certainly had some pros and cons. While I loved the team I worked with, the cross-team communication could be a headache. Things were constantly changing (including schedules and team members), so the transitional period was tough to get used to. It was great when we worked out a system we loved, but frustrating when up-upper management wanted to try something new (for the 4th time). The technology across departments also made things really frustrating, so unless things have improved on that end since leaving, I imagine it’s the same for the current crew. Laggy connections either slowed or crippled workflows entirely, and the updates being made had some real growing pains during some unnecessarily stressful client relations. Overall, while my experience there was short, I met some really great people in the process who really do love their work. My only hope is that they’ve hashed out a system that lets everyone enjoy a real sense of work/life balance in the process.

Pros

Great management, Good benefits

Cons

Schedules fluctuated often, Slow/laggy hardware/network issues

All the value on the client and none on the employees

While my time here did start out on a good note as the years went on I came to the realization that things weren't as rosy as they seem on the surface. Everyone here is way underpaid relative to other TV/Broadcast Media entities in the Atlanta area. A few years back they instituted a "market correction" which did not turn out with the results they were hoping for.Also, no one on the executive level values the employees as assets. They're viewed as interchangeable parts that can be thrown out at the drop of a hat. It doesn't even have to be performance related. If a client doesn't like you, you're gone. That's who the real important people are. The clients and not the people who actually work there.

Pros

Good co-workers

Cons

Dreadful upper management

"Good old boys" management!!

--The pay is the lowest in all of the Atlanta area and the southeast. People know this, so even though there is daily ads on Indeed and other job sites, Encompass has a reputation for not paying well enough to survive. Most employees have part time jobs to make ends meet. --Management is lacking all the way around. Most haven't one iota of management training, and it shows. Favortism is rampant among certain employees. Upper management is paid very well, while the little guy downstairs scrapes by. By the way, no raises this year. --No more 401k matches from the company, and insurance coverages are greatly diminished in this Covid era. The company held another open enrollment this summer as health insurance benefits diminished greatly. Lots of people are very disappointed in the company while the company expects more and more from it's employees with no perks and no thanks. --Silly rules on one way hallways in the era of Covid. Employees are forced to walk the equivalent of a city block just to go to the bathroom. One entry point to the building and one exit point, and you are a several minute walk from your car. There is even "hall police" that stop you and make you walk the right direction in the hall. It's childish and a huge overkill. Walking one way will not lessen Covid 19. --No more free lunches, surprised? Don't be. They have an overpriced company that stocks the break room with stale fruits, wilted salads and overpriced stale sandwiches. Most are past the code date on the package. Prices are way over and above what QT or RaceTrac charge -

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, boot camp atmosphere, inexperienced management, poor benefits, no 401k company match, poor health insurance coverage

Depends on who your manager is.

Encompass met my needs during a time when it was needed most, which I am very thankful. Lots os politics behind the scenes. Show up, do your job with few mistakes, be willing to work lots of overtime and you’ll be fine. I hear the company is making efforts to value employees more, which will help them retain good people. I hope they have invested more salary for good people.

Pros

Lots of overtime

Cons

Good employees were not valued by the company.

Jobs at Encompass Digital Media

in Atlanta, GA
See more jobs

Productive Work Place

Great Environment & Productive Workplace. I was a part time contractor but I loved this job. The Workplace Culture is good along with friendly higher ups int he company.

Terrible Management

If you enjoy hypocritical Management that does not set expectation but treats you like they did and you missed the mark, this is the place for you. While the pay was good for a moment, Encompass believes in over-working you and under-appreciating you. If you have other options, take an alternative route.

Recent grads stay away

Toxic environment to the max Will cause health issues Management has no say so HR is KING and SUCKS You're just a number Believe everything that senior employees say! They're not lying !

Decent Environment

The company as a whole was largely a decent place to work. The hours were generally flexible and the general management style was competent and rewarding. However, the client demands did not meet industry standards or exhibited any sense of coherent PR or media strategy, and the leadership tended toward appeasement rather than managing and advising realistic and goal-oriented client expectations. As a result, we were often overemployed and under-utilized.

A great company with under-utilized talent.

High turnover/ low employee morale

Good people work there, and some are cordial and professional. Overall the culture is dominated by little communication, the blame game, and untrustworthy management ; my tenure was the last two years of my television career would advise due diligence prior to accepting an offer -my supervisor wrote down the time I got up to use the restroom until I was seated again...

Good people to work with

Encompass was a good place to work out when you’re talking about working with friends and then a comfortable environment but the management team and the higher ups of the company tend to ignore their main workers and don’t look down to help them out much

Cut throat

Started out friendly and easy going. They got a new CTO and IT director and everything changed. Long term projects were changed without notice. Unreasonable goals were expected, but not well discussed, and if they were not reached, you would be cut loose. They have no respect for loyalty or honesty. I would not recommend them.

Encompass is horrible

There's only two good thingss about Encompass. This place is so cheap they'll let you do a lot of different things. If you're good at those good things chances are you will be able to move up in the company, but really only as far as manager. The second thing is that it's really hard to get fired from there. You can suck a lot for a long time, and they'll eventually be let go, but it'll be years after it should have been.

Just okay. Needs work

Not much to say. Thankful for the opportunity. It is on a downward trend. Cannot keep staff. Pay is bad. inexperience staff. Non competent management. Has some good staff and mgt. Not run well. Too many check sheets

Great place to work.

Great job work/life balance, compensation/benefit, management and job culture. Global company with opportunities for career growth and personal professional development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encompass Digital Media. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Encompass Digital Media
  • Atlanta, GA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?