Encompass Digital Media

• Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

Good experience

Overall it's a good company. We had a good team and my manager was excellent. The healthcare benefits could be better. I worked in DVIDS which is a government contract so I am not sure about the network operations part of the company.

very loosely managed

sink or swim very silo-ed so work culture and quality of work is variable within. new CEO who was actually a previous CEO there seems very promising. hopefully they get their eye off the ball of being sold and instead building a good future. the work there is interesting as it can span alot of industry segments.

Financial Accounting role- Contact

Best work life balance I have experienced in a long time. Encompass Digital Media has a sound Accounting Division with very engaged Management Team.

No management or advancement culture.

The worst place to work, cutting staff in all areas. Forcing remainder of the staff to pick up the slack. 12 hr shifts for operators w/ short breaks and 30 minute lunches. No real plan from management, just day to day environment. Minimal training for staff, supervisors are expected to pick up the slack.

Pros

No oversight due to management not being available.

Cons

Short breaks, overtime expected even after 12 hr shifts.

If you can find somewhere else to work, don't waist your time here.

It is the worst media company that I have worked for, the salaries are ridiculously low, and the expectations are high, most of the managers are unprofessional, when you have a good manager you will see that they are pushed to their limit.

Pros

You got a job

Cons

Now that you got a job, you realize that it is a bad situation.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Terrible Company Culture

The company culture is just plain bad. Forget your work-life balance because that no longer exist with this job. This is someplace you work while you are in between gigs.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

everything else

Satisfied

High motor television job. Exactly what you would expect from a technical position in a television technical operations center. The work was both challenging and rewarding

Don't expect much

This company is horrible to work for. You will either kill your career or stifle it. There is nothing you can learn that will benefit you if you have ever been in a real control room.

Pros

3 days off

Cons

Pay and Hours worked

Do not work here.

The company is seeming like they are getting ready to sell. I have not been here long and in that time I have seen everyone that has left ,or been let go, have their positions dissolved not allowing anyone to move up. They just simply disseminate all the responsibilities around to everyone else that is left here with out giving any increase in pay. They keep saying there isn't money for raises, or to hire new people.

Atlanta, GA

I love what I do at Encompass, I love my co workers it is a fun and enjoyable place to work. they have great team players both here in Atlanta and Stamford, CT offices.

Jobs at Encompass Digital Media

in Atlanta, GA
See more jobs

Encompass Digital Media

People at all levels & locations are good to work with, for the most part. As long as work is done, respect is shown. -Constant turnover rate -24/7 rotating schedules -Minimal Staffing -Bureaucracy: lots of politics

Pros

Free Coffee

Cons

Health Care is not the best

Upper Management

This company (upper management) does not value its employees as much as they should. Employees are the ones who keep that company running and they should be more of priority.

Hard to grow

It's a good work environment but it's hard to grow. No training. Hard to cover people when sick days and vacation. Management barely help people when necessary. 30 min lunch break. 2 15 min. Breaks

Pros

Good work environment

Cons

No free lunches.

Toxic work environment

Managers and higher ups don't care about the employees that do ALL the work! Don't thank their employees for their hard work and no raises. Company takes advantage of its employees.

Plenty of options

Encompass Digital Media will offer you plenty of options to move and grow in the company........if you take them. Encompass covers all aspects of the Digital Media world.

Pros

Advancement

Benefits

No Comments

There is nothing to say at this time about this company. No comments to be made about day to day operations. Just doing this to get to the next screen.

Pros

I do not wish to partake in this.

Cons

I do not wish to partake in this.

Challenging and fun work environment

this place felt like home to me quote honestly. I was happy to be there every day! awesome colleagues and boss. If you are a hardworking person who is dependable and can work and produce results without too much involvement from management. You willlove it !

Pros

Challenging and rewarding

Cons

benefits are not amazing

Good First Start

If this is your first professional job, it will be a decent start. I was trained in what I needed to know and I believe the instilled good work habits including attention to detail. Each shift is a minimum of 10 hours. Most positions are 12 hour shifts. The starting pay is not great, but it is a livable wage. I would suggest getting a job to learn skills. Do the best job you can for a few years and then see if you can take those skills and find a position elsewhere that pays better. Coworkers are good. Management is lacking.

Pros

Entry Level Positions, Training

Cons

Management, Work Schedule

Great place while your there. Opportunities do exist.

Enjoyed working there, professional atmosphere. However, when contracts, clients, or networks end employers get let go. This comes there the territory in Broadcast and Digital Media industries.

Pros

free lunches, client networks, live events

Cons

client driven schedule

Nice people but...

I worked in a division of Encompass the contracted with the military and rarely interacted with Encompass employees or management. However I was affected by company-wide policies and must say that they were in decline when I left. They laid off the kitchen staff and brought in Aramark, who brought in refrigerated foods, which turned out to be more expensive. The benefits became more expensive for less coverage, but they were still pretty good when I left. As far as the section I worked in, it was a media outlet that didn't communicate with employees or clients at all. We managed a website and they would make substantial changes to the content and functionality of it without notifying the people that used it.

Great Place to work

Typical day began at 8:30 and ended at 5:30. My team was excellent. The company pays very well and has excellent benefits, The company encourages their employees to learn via internal training programs which are very well executed. The benefits are great but the best part of this company is the great co-workers.

Pros

great pay

Cons

changing industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encompass Digital Media. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Encompass Digital Media