Encompass Health Employee Reviews

Was fine until I left
Field Nurse LVN (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXApril 21, 2018
Worked for them for 2 1/2 years on a PRN basis. You do have to keep up with your schedule to make sure you are getting paid. But my biggest problem was when I left, they deposited then withdrew my last check and took almost a full week to get it redeposited. Would not return to the same company. Also found out most other places in area pay at least $5 more per visit.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay rate
It is a fun and caring place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 21, 2018
Encompass is a good place to work. I am just trying to find a office job instead of a traveling home health job. I would like to advance in a company and work in an office setting so I can go back to school and advance up in a company.
Pros
I like working with patients
Cons
would like a office job so not having to lift and travel anymore.
Collaborative staff
DTO (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 21, 2018
Departments work well together for the benefit of the patients and supporting each other. There are a lot of new processes, but all with the intention to improve patient outcomes and document all that we do as caregivers for patients. Hospital enjoys celebrating successes and working together when things get stressful. Able to purchase new technologies within departments based on employee input Love this place and my peers!!!!
Pros
Benefits, collaborative team, fun staff
Cons
Can get stressful at times
Stressful, not a happy place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Out there somewhereApril 18, 2018
Aiken, Sout Carolina office is challenged administratively. Inadequate training for all staff. Favoritism is very apparent. Productivity trumps patient care.
Pros
Schedule flexibiliry for some staff
Cons
Poor management local office, grumpy backbiting staff
Fast paced, stressful.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARApril 18, 2018
The job is hard, fast paced, and stressful. Sometimes there is no time to even chart the million things you have to chart per shift. The nursing staff, and therapy staff are wonderful. The administration, especially HR, on the other hand don't care for the employees and are only looking out for the bottom line.
Pros
Watching patients get stronger and knowing you had a hand in that.
Cons
Steer clear of admin
This is the same hospital as the previous review
RN, Infection Control/Employee Health (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 17, 2018
Interdisciplinary work modle, always striving to improve patient satisfaction. Concerned about employee's families. Nursing staff and Therapy staff work well together. Education provided for the patient's and families.
El trabajo debe ser mejor pagado
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 16, 2018
Se trabaja demaciado para $9 dolares la hora debe ser mejor pagado el trabajo
Great Place to Work
Student Shadow (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 14, 2018
Loved working here, I received the opportunity to learn a significant amount the physical therapy realm. This gave me a good insight on what I have to look forward to once I get into PT school and afterward.
Management cut throat
LVN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2018
I transferred from the Corpus office to the Houston area on 529. I questioned management in corpus about my salary, they got extremely mad because I went to HR on them and they set me up with the current management in Houston once I moved up here!
Sad, passive aggressive females in charge.
Glad I left!
Run, dont walk from here!!
Pros
The patients
April 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Encompass Health. We encourage you to send additional details to feedback@encompasshealth.com.

April 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Encompass Health. We encourage you to send additional details to feedback@encompasshealth.com so we can work on making improvements.

Productive and safe enviorment
A/R Follow-Up Medicaid Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 7, 2018
Comfortable working environment. This company allowed their employees various opportunities to grow their skill set and enhance their knowledge. In addition, there are opportunities for promotions.
Pros
Safe working enviorment
Cons
Short breaks
No, No, No
Tech. (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVApril 7, 2018
No, don't work here. One week they will call every day wanting you to work every waking minute. Next week they give you leave every time they can. Management calls the employees lazy and no good all the time in front of patients.
Pros
Finding another place to work
Cons
I believed them in the beginning
April 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with our hospital in Parkersburg, WV. We encourage you to send additional details about your experience to feedback@encompasshealth.com so we can work on making improvements.

Corporate is supportive
LPN (Former Employee) –  Boswell, OKApril 5, 2018
Always felt that Corporate was more supportive than the local office I worked in. Home Health is a beast of it's own, but loved the patients. On call schedules were never shared responsibilities, always got dumped on.
Best job ever
Rehab Technician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 5, 2018
I literally havbe not one bad thing to say about this place! I LOVE MY JOB AND EVERY SINGLE PERSON I WORK WITH!!!!! I learned that your day (good/bad) is based on the attitude of the cna/ nurse team! Good attitude is everything! Prioritization is important!
BEST JOB I'VE EVER HAD!!
Pros
Help patients gain independence, verbal praise from coworkers/ managers
Cons
PRN call offs
Thriving Career Enviornment
External Communications (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 4, 2018
I've enjoyed working at Encompass Health through a rebrand and lots of growth! Our department is small so there is plenty of work to keep our group busy, over 40 hours a week, but it's been so rewarding to work on my team and with my manager. The culture of Encompass Health extends past the home office to each hospital location.
Helping patient's with their discharge plan was rewarding
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TX 77584March 27, 2018
Case management at Encompass Health hospitals is different. From providing continuing education programs to offering tuition reimbursement, we prioritize the individual growth of our employees. Because the average length of a patient stay is longer than acute care, our case managers work with patients and caregivers to offer in-depth discharge planning services and can customize the best solution for each patient’s transition to the next level of care.

Our case managers are the catalyst on our interdisciplinary teams, focusing on coordinating care plans that work together to provide patients with seamless transitions from their current hospital or location to an inpatient rehabilitation hospital and throughout their post-acute care experience.
Think twice
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 27, 2018
Company only cares about money and not patient care. Terrible harrassing management. Worst employment experience I've had. I worked 21 days in a row without a day off. Abusive management. No time for family.
Pros
Higher salary
Cons
Worked 16 hr days 7 days a week
March 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our Albuquerque hospital. We are sorry your time with us was less than satisfactory and we encourage you to send additional details to feedback@encompasshealth.com so we can work on making improvements.

Challenging, yet rewarding
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Eufaula, ALMarch 26, 2018
I jumped into the home health field after many years in a different business. I was well trained, and have a great support system when I have questions.Been very pleased with all aspects of the company. It is a challenging field, which forces you to learn and adapt or sink. Absolutely a team atmosphere.
Pros
Benefits, great support system, room to advance
Cons
None to mention that would be different from any other agency.
LICENSE PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 26, 2018
Only issue I have is no flexibility in schedule unless you work PRN. I want to further my education but 5 days a week makes that difficult. If you want a home health job with great communication, this is the best I’ve worked at!
Pros
Great communication
Cons
Not fexible with schedule
Bad management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMarch 26, 2018
Management was not that great, they would never help when short staffed. The CNA’s refused to listen to nurses. The cleaning staff would bully nurses. Most of the time you were not allowed to take lunch breaks.
Pros
Okay pay?
Cons
All of it
March 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Encompass Health! We really appreciate it and if you would like to send us additional feedback, we encourage you to email feedback@encompasshealth.com.

Great company, but poor management on a local level
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMarch 22, 2018
Nationally, Encompass is a fortune 100 company to work for. However, in TN, it is severely lacking. It is poorly managed on a local level and has a very high turnover rate. Within 6 months there was a high number of employees that either resigned or were terminated. I have never been treated so poorly by any other employer. I think the Encompass mission is fantastic and I think there is hope for the local branches, but there needs to be a change in management. The job itself is awesome. I loved the patients and providing one on one care is something i grew to love.
The company does not provide sufficient training and you are often expected to know how Home health works even if you’ve never done it. While i do recommend Home health nursing, I do not recommend Encompass in TN till there are some changes with management.
Pros
Good pay, awesome patients, great teamwork between field staff
Cons
Poor management, large coverage area-often driving in 4 or 5 counties in one day, employee satisfaction is not important, doesn’t value employees
March 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with one of our home health branches in Murfreesboro, TN. If you would like to provide additional details, please email us at feedback@encompasshealth.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encompass Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight