Encompass Health Employee Reviews

Encompass
Human Resource Designee/Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 20, 2018
It takes time and consideration to care for our patients. I think more advancement should be involved but it's a great company to work for. I have some great experience and I have learned a lot of things to advancement me to a higher position.
I have never worked at encompass health.
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 20, 2018
I have worked at Nueroskeletal Imaging Institute Winter Park FL., I have never worked with encompass health so i cannot grade their wok environment or staff,
Pros
never worked here
Cons
never worked here
My Chaplain Job is Incredible
Chaplain, Dallas (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2018
Encompass views my job as an opportunity to truly minister to and to positively affect people’s lives, hearts, and souls. Sure, we work with people of all Faiths, but that is an exciting opportunity and part of the excitement. From the top down (with April A) there is a culture of truly caring for people. Yes it’s a fast paced environment but what job isn’t? Sure there is stress, but every job has stress. They pay me fair, give 30!days PDO /year, and I now have a Company Car! ! Yea! I think Encompass is an awesome company to work for. Give them a chance... I’m really glad I did! Praise The Lord!
Pros
Co. Car, 30 days PDO, great hospice team in Dallas
Cons
? None
Stressful
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 17, 2018
They are such a big company that you get lost amongst the other employees. They promise you something, but don't deliver on it. All they are worried about is the bottom dollar, not the employees. Need to give raises to the employees of companies they buy out to match other offices across the board.
Pros
PDO time and insurance benefits, office coworkers
Cons
Stressful, demanding, understaffed in most offices
Sales goals are not in line with today's market
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2018
Sales goals are strictly based on traditional Medicare patients. This is clearly outlined in the offer letter to the salesperson. There is a huge turnover rate in the Houston market due to the growing Medicare advantage plans. The sales teams must care for those patients just as other patients but they get no credit for it. Therefore, they feel unfulfilled because the supervisors continue to put pressure to meet Medicare goals. This causes the sales team to feel that Encompass doesn't really care about a patient if they do not have traditional Medicare.
Pros
Great programs to offer
Cons
Not enough staff to see patients once the referral is received. Lots of stress.
Working with my patients in an Assisted Living Facility was a great experience.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 12, 2018
Working with my patients in an Assisted Living Facility was a great experience. I provided all Home Health services to patients in the community at Assisted Living Facilities.
Pros
Travel was minimal
Cons
Traveling in hot or cold weather to see patients
Awesome Workplace
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 11, 2018
Everyone is really nice and helpful at Encompass Health. I am a receptionist here on the weekends, 7-7 Saturday and Sunday with Monday through Friday off. It's 12.00 an hour for the receptionist on the weekend, definitely really good pay! The atmosphere is welcoming and I always look forward to coming to work.
Pros
Hour Lunches, Breaks whenever you need to take one, smoking area for employees and patients
Worst management EVER
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 11, 2018
Don't work for this company!!! You will be treated less then average. You will NOT be appreciated!!! People leave left and right all around you, what does that say?
Pros
Zero
Cons
People and culture
the nurses and other disciplines work great together
RN Case Manager Norman (Current Employee) –  Norman, OK 73072August 10, 2018
work ethics are remarkable for the most part. time management is somewhat of a problem related to understaffing. stress is not uncommon for this position as you take quite a bit of work home with you in which makes it hard to leave work at work and be at home doing what is needed at home
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
sometimes too many visits scheduled for the day
Beware of this place
Rehab Nursing Tech (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 9, 2018
This is a great job if YOU ARE A RN!!! CNA's BEWARE!!! They will lie to get you in the door and make everything sound good but IT IS THE TOTAL OPPOSITE!!!!! The patient/workload is very stressful. Most nurses DONT HELP!!! AND THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED TO!!!! They are always charting or passing meds. I was told by the manager that technically it is my job to answer the lights. Techs run around all day attemping to spend the appropriate time with a patient for adequate care but most times it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE. You HAVE TO RUSH!!! This is not fair to the patients. You will be handling 10-15 patients daily ALONE!!!! THERE WILL BE ALOT OF TOTAL AND BARIATRIC PATIENTS!!!! There is alot of favortism shown at this location and Tons of things that are swept under the rug for the right person. I enjoyed the friends and relationships I made here but BE CAREFUL OF MANAGEMENT. (ESPECIALLY, BECAUSE THEY ARE FRIENDS)
Also, the turn around rate is HUGE!!!
Benefits
Cons
Heavy workload

Want to know more about Encompass Health?

Ask a question
good company
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2018
Everything was great until they overstaffed the Speech team and then I was unable to be productive consistently. Now I feel my job is in jeopardy on a daily basis
Ambiente bueno
Enfermera Graduada (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 7, 2018
Buenos compañeros. Se aprende mucho. Muy buena experiencia.
Pros
Buenos beneficios
The good, the bad and the ugly
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 3, 2018
Clinical field team was very good and we took great care of our hospice patients. However, this company will NOT take care of you as an employee. On 40 hour salary but worked mostly 50-60 hour weeks. Heavy call load with administrative back up who would not help. Worked 16, 20, 24, 30 and 36 shifts on little or no sleep. You worked all day, got called out all night and they would work you a full shift the next day.

Lazy branch leadership and NO work/life balance. You resign because you are burnt up and all that PDO you could never take they do NOT pay out. Nursing care providers industry wide pay out unused PDO, but not this company. However, you branch management takes time off consistently. Expect them to be off long stretches around holidays but they will deny staff requests. Do yourself a huge favor and stay away. No matter how good you are, you are just another work horse.
Pros
Good field team
Cons
Self-centered branch management, no work/life balance, numbers not care oriented
Demanding paperwork and very big area of coverage
Full Time Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXAugust 3, 2018
Their software PointCare is very time consuming which takes more of your time at work and at home. I spent my weekend making notes. I have a huge area of coverage and since I’m the only therapist in the area I’m swamped with patients which demands more paperwork time. My assistants are primadonnas trying to make points so that they’ll look good with the admin. They will file a complaint about little bitty things instead of communicating it to you.
It’s impossible to get a life in this company and I will not recommend it.
Pros
Fair salary but nursing home pays $10 more
Cons
Wide area and overloading caseloads
personally the people i worked with were wonderful its a small facility so it was family..
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 2, 2018
Great place to work when i was there. Its been about 3 yrs so i cant speak for now it has expanded from my understanding. All i can say is give it a try for yourself
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Better lunch choices
I thought it would be different
Case manager RN (Current Employee) –  Eagle, IDAugust 1, 2018
I came to Encompass after leaving a very difficult place. I thought it would be different here. I expected great things and I was told to expect great things. However, the current branch director is a lazy micro-manager who is more concerned about ensuring that he stays in his office chair than about anything else. There are nurses here that are doing patients and the company great harm and nothing is being done. The branch director loves to talk and his meetings go on forever, as do his emails. If he doesn't like the way his staff is doing things, though, those meetings and emails can get very threatening and petty.
Pros
Very flexible schedule
Cons
The branch director is a terrible manager.
Best moments
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 1, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see the patients smiling and compliment the work I done in there room that always was a big part of my motivation to keep striving at Encompass Health
Pros
Seeing the Patients Smile
Cons
Favortism
Great company. Local leadership lacking.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Enterprise, ALJuly 30, 2018
We have a great team in Enterprise!

Awesome sales team. There is an issue with drama and gossip from the local sales leader. Some people cannot handle being held responsible.
its an ok place
rehabilitation hospital-House supervisor/manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 25, 2018
the new CEO is not equiped for the job.the job itself is ok but management is not good.jhavdsjkhbckahjsbdcjksdbckasbcashjgcbaskhjdbakhsjdbcjhasbdcjhksdbcksjhbdvasdchgasdx
A good place to work for people seeking home health
Field Nurse LVN (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJuly 25, 2018
A typical day of work entails lots of driving, coordinating schedules, calling and informing patients of scheduled time.
Assessing patients and informing doctor and team of anything out of the normal limits.
Document all findings.
Direct management very helpful and positive.
Hardest part of job is all the extensive documentation.
Most enjoyable is helping people and seeing how thankful they are for having you.
Pros
free breakfast most of time at case conference
Cons
very busy and can over work nurses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encompass Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight