Encompass Health Employee Reviews

Nothing to brag about
RN (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 18, 2018
The management put unreasonable demands on the nursing staff. This caused many very good nurses to leave the company. Then the demands on the remaining staff was unbearable.
Poor management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbia scSeptember 13, 2018
The dietary position was easy it was the underhanded managers that work there ! Sneaky, underhanded, dirty ! They play very foul ! I wouldn’t recommend anybody to work in the dietary position as long as those same managers there ! My coworkers we lovable thats the only thing i miss !
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
would like to get a full time teaching job
staff rehab nurse (Current Employee) –  Sewickley, PASeptember 12, 2018
i enjoy very much working at health south hospital, staff is nice to work with ,we all help each other when an emergency comes up.the doctors and therapist are all very friendly, we get many different kinds of patients , more than just a rehab hospital, the ceo and allthe managers are very nice to work for, we have good team work at this hospital.
Pros
good money
Cons
bad insurance
Great Place To Work
Case Manager II (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 12, 2018
I enjoy working at this company. Job required long hours and was somewhat stressful. The management team is very supportive and has an open door policy. I enjoyed the patients I had the opportunity to serve.
Pros
Fair salary for the area
Cons
Long hous and somewhat stressful
Hard work
RN (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 12, 2018
Nursing employee work there Butt off. The nurse to patient ratio is 8:1. The wound care coordinator has 10-13 patient daily alone without assistant some patients are obese. Many put arrives very ill and not rehabilitation. potential. Benefits are great but you'll be to tired to enjoy them lol
Benefits
Cons
Over worked and management don't care
I enjoy working with my coworkers and the patients
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 11, 2018
This is a good place to work in still with the company I'm just prn I work on both sides one as a CNA and the other as a floor tech I get along with people well I enjoy this job
The most enjoyable part of my job
Regional Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Idabel, OKSeptember 11, 2018
Everyone helps each other and works together for the same goal which is always 'A Better Way To Care' for our patients as well as our employees. Second family.
Pros
Work hours are flexible to work around personal things that come up in life
Cons
No paid holidays off unless you have PDO built up to use for them
Good company to work for
Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Good company to work for. Good work culture. Everyone is helpful.
There is always a bunch of activities going on to keep things exciting. My overall rating will be 4 stars.
Excellent Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 8, 2018
The experience I gained while working with Health South was invaluable. I received excellent training on a variety of topics from sales to diseases affecting the body
Great company and benefits
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Encompass Health taught me a lot about the healthcare industry. The company is a great place to work for and provides many benefits. They offer quarterly bonuses, health insurance, and 401k.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Salary
Productive and fun work environment
Rehab Nursing Tech (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Laid back but knew management expected for your job to be done right. I would recommend this place to work to anyone. Enjoyed working here and wish I could stay for life.
Good Company
Nutritional Services Director (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 29, 2018
I really enjoyed the associate personnel and the other directors, I worked with.
The potential for improvement is great.
Now with new upper and senior management might bring about great changes for growth and profit.
Poor leadership, nepotism, cronyism.
Contract RN (Former Employee) –  San AntonioAugust 29, 2018
I was employed there for over a year as contract prn RN. I witnessed three nurse managers and three CNOs come and go. Current CEO is an occupational therapists who DOES NOT know what physicians and nurses go through. While company emphasizes on diversity, all directors from each departments are Caucasian. Lateral violence is a common denominator as well as high turnover rates and acute care patient transfers. Nurse to patient ratio is anywhere between 7/1 to 9/1 with the expectations that the nurse pass out all meds, collect lab samples, attend meetings, provide wound care, document on FIMs, provide basic care and toileting, attend interdisciplinary meetings that last half to one hour, perform unit clerk duties on occasion, admit and discharge patients, etc etc. All with expectations of getting out on time. Leadership leave early and are not actively engaged with the staff. They are always in "meetings" and take 2 hour lunches, leave half day on Fridays etc. Beware of the techs and lifers...they are the spies and instigators. Take care of your license. Document document document. Most patients admitted are not rehab appropriate. Watch out for the "click" who take care of each other and run anyone out they see as a threat to their sub-par nursing practice.
Pros
Cons
Nepotism, cronyism, lateral violence
Official response from Encompass Health
September 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our San Antonio hospital. We highly encourage you to send additional details about your experience to feedback@encompasshealth.com so we can work on making improvements.

Encompass Health
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKAugust 28, 2018
Encompass has a good education program.
I learned a lot about time management, disease process,
Community resources, Team players. Employees were very helpful
with good orientation. You felt like you were treated with respect and not thrown out to the wolves. They recognize their employees. There is a reward program.
Pros
good orientation
Cons
you get attached to your patients. Feel like part of the family.
Loving it here.
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 23, 2018
So, I just started but, after working at other Home Health companies, I can honestly say this one is the best. The team is wonderful, the management is GREAT, the connection and response to the home office in Texas is great, and at the end of the day....it’s all about doing what is right for the patient. I have a sibling that is also an employee and they are the one that EXCLAIMED I work for Encompass.
I know that everyone has their own experience based on where you work and the people that surround you at the home office, however, I’m sure if you voiced your concerns (in a mature and respectful way) this company would listen and do everything in its power to aid you.
Pros
Team, satisfaction, patients, salary
Cons
Not working for this company sooner
na
Case Manager RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2018
This company does not care for the welfare of their employees. Nurses are given workload that are not possible for a nurse to complete in a day. Quality has been declining.
Encompass
Human Resource Designee/Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 20, 2018
It takes time and consideration to care for our patients. I think more advancement should be involved but it's a great company to work for. I have some great experience and I have learned a lot of things to advancement me to a higher position.
My Chaplain Job is Incredible
Chaplain, Dallas (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2018
Encompass views my job as an opportunity to truly minister to and to positively affect people’s lives, hearts, and souls. Sure, we work with people of all Faiths, but that is an exciting opportunity and part of the excitement. From the top down (with April A) there is a culture of truly caring for people. Yes it’s a fast paced environment but what job isn’t? Sure there is stress, but every job has stress. They pay me fair, give 30!days PDO /year, and I now have a Company Car! ! Yea! I think Encompass is an awesome company to work for. Give them a chance... I’m really glad I did! Praise The Lord!
Pros
Co. Car, 30 days PDO, great hospice team in Dallas
Cons
? None
Stressful
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 17, 2018
They are such a big company that you get lost amongst the other employees. They promise you something, but don't deliver on it. All they are worried about is the bottom dollar, not the employees. Need to give raises to the employees of companies they buy out to match other offices across the board.
Pros
PDO time and insurance benefits, office coworkers
Cons
Stressful, demanding, understaffed in most offices
Sales goals are not in line with today's market
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2018
Sales goals are strictly based on traditional Medicare patients. This is clearly outlined in the offer letter to the salesperson. There is a huge turnover rate in the Houston market due to the growing Medicare advantage plans. The sales teams must care for those patients just as other patients but they get no credit for it. Therefore, they feel unfulfilled because the supervisors continue to put pressure to meet Medicare goals. This causes the sales team to feel that Encompass doesn't really care about a patient if they do not have traditional Medicare.
Pros
Great programs to offer
Cons
Not enough staff to see patients once the referral is received. Lots of stress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encompass Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight