Encompass Health Employee Reviews

Leadership Support the worst
Division Manager Encompass Home Health (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 19, 2018
I was there for a year and was told i was hired because i could swim. Leadership was unsupportive and onboarding was awful. When my direct supervisor would make visits she would spend all her time on the phone and gave me very little attention. I became frustrated and voiced my opinions often. I was asked to resign my position by this leader. ( or so called).
Pros
Home office and owner
Cons
Direct leadership in NC
it is a place to work no room for growth
Team Lead, Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 17, 2018
To much buddy system in place, not enough incentive or room for growth. The organization is small so many of the managers play favoritism to their friends instead of giving the job to those that are qualified for the position.
Pros
work hours are good
Cons
very short breaks
Poor stressful evironment
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Central West End, MONovember 17, 2018
Managers need business and communication classes, building was rundown, staff was never adequate, slowly began to go down after years of being employed there mostly due to high turnover in HR, nursing, staffing, etc.
Pros
My co workers and the patients
Cons
Weekend manager was terrible, completely stressful workday, some lazy nurses and techs, no recognition, i could go on and on, tired of working every weekend, long hours
i liked the benefits
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2018
they have great benefits at this company. the nurses and cna are very nice. the place is really pretty and big. do your job and you should be fine. thank you
Cool laided back enviroment
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2018
A great place to work with great people. Everyone is very team oriented. Great with communication. Also will gladly help you with questions if you may not know the answer
Great place to work but poor leadership
Scheduling/Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 14, 2018
Great place to work but poor management by the branch director. Working at encompass expand my knowledge about home healthcare and providing good customer services.
Pros
Great benefits, salary, hours
Cons
No career advancement for non clinical employees
Put your RUNNING shoes on!
RNCM (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXNovember 14, 2018
The Encompass-Woodlands Branch is the most unorganized, unstructured, and understaffed hospices I worked for. The RNCM are now managing 15-20 patients each when the norm is 10-12. This has caused us nurses to work way outside of our 8 hour window. We are required to be on call at night which entails us working 8 hours that day from 8am-5pm, then being Oncall after hours from 5pm to 8 am the next day for any other visits that were missed during the day, potential admissions, emergencies, and or deaths. The marketing/sales team are ridiculously too involved in patients care. They add more fluff to make the patient look appropriate, make unreasonable promises to family, and constantly place blame on the staff when something goes wrong in one of their sales communities. If we don’t admit a patient based on them meeting hospice criteria, then they request we send another nurse out to reevaluate and admit. They don’t care if we have the staff to provide for them or not. All that matters is their sales goal. We seen so many patients revoke/transfer due to unfilled promises, and lack of staffing resulting in missed visits. The employee turnover rate is very high. The office Nursing staff is not supportive. We are bombarded with nasty emails, text messages, and phone calls. Oh and don’t take a sick day off because the job has affected your mental and physical health; you are then ridiculed for taking care of yourself and not the patients.

***the mileage and salary are not competitive to their counterparts.****
Pros
PTO if it’s approved
Cons
Work hours, staffing, lack of physical support, documentation
Official response from Encompass Health
November 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience, and we encourage you to send additional details to feedback@encompasshealth.com so we can work on making improvements.

The Augusta Area the management stinks, they are all for themselves
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 13, 2018
Poor Management If you are new to this area in Augusta you will be treated poorly compared to the ones that have been there years. You won’t win when you know you are telling the truth and they field workers certain ones are nasty poor no infection control, certain workers are poorly dressed and hygiene is not presentable to be in contact with family’s and the clients.
Pros
Salary
Loved it
Stna (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYNovember 11, 2018
Only reason I left is because I moved, management was great, nurses were great, pay was amazing, coworkers were great for the most part. I wish everyday I could work there again :(
Pros
Pay, pto, employees
very busy fast pace work environment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 7, 2018
It is a very busy and fast pace work environment. Management could have been better organized. Management were quick to believe untruth comments from patients in order to get their high patient satisfaction rate.
Pros
descent pay
Cons
unorganized at times
very poor management.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 7, 2018
constantly being told our jobs are safe but then they lay off 12 people within 1 week. management in therapy very unfriendly. staff very exclusive group, a clique . not welcoming to new employees
Pros
the benefits were reasonable
Cons
no stability, distrustful
Okay place
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 7, 2018
Okay place to work. Do your research on people in branch before hire on. Good flexibility, hours, patient care. Bad management education/experience. Make sure your supervisor has self esteem.
Pros
Great people
Cons
management
Poor management, unrealistic work conditions
RN (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYNovember 5, 2018
Nursing management is very poor. Current CNO and nursing supervisor had no experience in either position when placed in their current roles. Short staffed everyday due to call ins or scheduled did not schedule enough staff. Management expects you to handle 7, 8 or 9 patients and not take acuity into account. Patients are more med-surg and anymore it feels like a nursing home or respite care and some of the patients are not even appropriate. At times the equipment we need to perform certain task does not work and then the CNO gets mad when we ask her to “fix” it. Nurse techs are lazy and hide so they don’t have to answer call lights. The nursing supervisor does not help out on the floor. We are not shown ANY appreciation at all. Pay raises were nonexistent this year for some except for a few favorites. This place is out of control. DO NOT WORK HERE. YOU WILL BE PUTTING YOUR LICENSE AT RISK!!!!
Pros
Cons
Little to no breaks, back stabbers and snitches
I always liked my immediate managers but above them appeared not so likeable.
Full- time Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 4, 2018
The company culture leaves you feeling like you should be cautious and always make sure that you are being perfect or the upper managers will pitch a fit.
Great Co-workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 2, 2018
Therapists and Nurses have a great working relationship. Nurse to patient ratio terrible. Encompass health has a culture of clickish groups. Some days its like walking on egg shells and other days its wonderful. Middle management can be stand offish and non caring toward their employee's.
Pros
Co-Workers and Salaries competitive
Cons
Culture of Clickish groups
Ok place to work
Former emplyee (Former Employee) –  Huntsville AlNovember 1, 2018
Huntsville office team don't know what they are doing. They try to cut patients cost to you save money instead of providing what's needed. Poor management
Pros
Cons
No direction
Much turnover
Care Transitions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 31, 2018
A lot of turnover of management staff, account managers, as well as therapists and nurses. There were 10 -12 that left in the last 8 months. Very poor morale.
Pros
Time off
Cons
ths placed should be closed
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 30, 2018
not a good place to work they flex you every other day so it was hard to get 40 hours the CEO is crazy and does not know what he is doing and helen the him director is mean and and will not listen they want all the him work done with less hours and they make u work off the clock
Pros
good healhinsurance
Cons
flex alot low census and poor mamgment
Awesome job
Rehab Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 24, 2018
Great patients and employees. Gives great training sessions to ensure proper knowledge of all aspects of work. I would chose my family to stay here anytime
Encompass is amazing!
PRN LVN weekends (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 18, 2018
I missed working for Encompass. The team staff is amazing and well knowledgeable in patient care. Supplies was never an issue. Communication between staff via email is really effective. Management had an open door policy to discuss any concerns if any.
Pros
Flexible schedule, patient load
Cons
excessive wear and tear on your vehicle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encompass Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight