Encompass Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
New Company
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAOctober 16, 2018
Great company. Office Moved from Buckhead to Sandy Spring and the distance is length. You would have to hold down alot positions since the company is new and growing.
friendly and enjoyable staff
PHYSICAL THERAPIST PRN (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 14, 2018
loved the complex type of patients that I worked with and helped. Also great staff that always encouraged and were professional at all times. Loved my experience
Unprofessional office management and staff.
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 13, 2018
Branch director indifferent and non personable. Clinical Field Staff Supervisor, non personable and unprofessional. No teamwork, poor communication. Good pay, high stress.
Pros
Cons
Unpleasant work environment.
Encompass
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2018
Great team work. Great leadership. The company provides a great service to the patients, families and the community. If you are willing to work hard and be a team player it can be a great place to work.
Pros
Culture of the organization is positive
Cons
Work life balance
Great place to work!
RN- Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 12, 2018
A typical day is very busy. Time is spent with patients ensuring that they are stable and safe. The interaction is amazingly fulfilling. Patient care is really what nursing is all about.
Home Health
RN (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYOctober 11, 2018
I really enjoy home health care so this company was a good fit for me. HR and some of the office staff were not always on the same page and seeing patients and schedules were often miscommunicated.
management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Idabel, OKOctober 10, 2018
Idabel management is terrible. for other offices i have heard working for Encompass Health is great and I'm sure it can be a wonderful place to work for at other locations.
Run, don't be fooled by promises
RN - former (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 10, 2018
Management was not supportive, was unsympathetic, showed favoritism to some in the detriment of others based on personal likes and dislikes. There was a constant turn over due to this climate. Often it was understaffed, assignments were unfair due to favoritism. It was very hard to get a day off when you needed it, nurses were expected to ask 2-3 months in advance, and even then it was not guaranteed. Workload was heavy.
Nice place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 9, 2018
Paid sick time, 30 days vacation per year, holidays paid. Chance to make extra money. Friendly staff, knowledgeable staff. Changes local manager frequently. Family oriented activities for staff. Gas reimbursement
Pros
30 paid days vacation per year
Cons
30 days paid vacation per year has to be used for sick time as well as holiday pay
Salary is great
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 8, 2018
This was a great team environment. High stress job but the people make it great. Salary and benefits were great. I would recommend to anyone who is looking
Excellent
Enfermera Graduada (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 7, 2018
Health South taught me how to work as a team. It is a great enviroment to work and learn. One of the things that I enjoy the most is working with my patients and let them know that im there to help them and to give the best care that I can.
Good company for clinical tools and CEU'S
staff (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 4, 2018
Good co-workers throughout the hospital. Company has several programs for providing good customer service and improving patient outcomes. Regular scheduled meetings to hear how building and company are doing in the marketplace.
Pros
Free CEUS and current rehab equipment
Cons
fast past with frequent policy changes
This was an incredible experience.
student (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 2, 2018
The location offered me an extensive amount of experience and knowledge regarding a variety of diagnoses. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in the acute rehabilitation field.
Stay away!
RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2018
Never ever go to at least to this branch. Company itself is ok. But this particular branch management is horrible. Set you up any minute. Directors have changed 5 times within last 3 years. They always seek new nurses because people come and go or they make them go. Worked there less then 6 months and company went through 2 DONs. On call days are not worth the compensation as you are literally responsible for everything that is not finished throughout the workday (missed visits, wound care, emergencies, etc). In addition, communication from upper management ineffective and vague, for exmaple, you are not told that you are being disciplined and do not have an option to disagree with their decisions. Zero support from the team or management, everyone that survives only looks out for themselves, therefore there is no teamwork whatsoever. Even the decent workers are not able to speak up and only stay there because they are silent.
Pros
Cons
everything
Official response from Encompass Health
October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Dallas branch. We apologize that your experience has not been the best but we encourage you to send additional details to feedback@encompasshealth.com so we can work on making improvements.

Its ok
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 28, 2018
Heavy patient loads often enough to cause irritation.
You get called off a lot when census is low.
Nursing management is pretty good.
Fun staff to work with.
A good place to start working in
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 27, 2018
It"s a good company to work in. Benefits wise. The environment is conducive to learning. People are nice to work with. The hospital culture is commendable.
Grieat job in small town
Office Secretary/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Boswell, OKSeptember 27, 2018
I was hired to work in medical records, which I did for about a year. The receptionist left and I was then moved to that position and an older employee took my place in medical records. Good company with good people who care about each other and the patient that they took care of.
Pros
Caring people
Cons
Far drive from home
Great Company to work for
HOME HEALTH LVN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Great leadership and training. Staff worked well together as a team. Patient care was always most important to all medical staff. Someone was always willing to help if you had a question.
Stay away
health care. (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 24, 2018
bullying culture- Managers play musical chairs- had 4 managers in 11 months. the last 2 managers resigned with out a days notice. total disconnect from corporate to local management.
Pros
less caseload
Cons
everything else
Official response from Encompass Health
September 26, 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize that you have not had a positve experience and we encourage you to email feedback@encompasshealth.com with additional details so we can work on making improvements.

Not sure why the site is making me fill this out
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2018
I did not work here so I am not sure why the program is making me fill in 150 characters but I am almost there so I will keep typing. Sorry this is not helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encompass Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight