Encompass Health

Encompass Health Employee Reviews

United States3,946 reviews

Found 3,946 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,962 reviews

Decent Place to Work

Management was pretty supportive but there was no upward mobility. Workplace culture could be toxic between departments. Job became very routine and eventually unfulfilling.

Pros

Good co-workers

Cons

Short breaks, some lazy employees

Supportive and rewarding work environment - depends on a few things

It's hard to review Encompass as a whole because each location is so different - I would know, I've been at 3. Your experience will greatly depend on your department, your manager and the administration of your hospital. Mine is phenomenal - supportive, flexible, and welcoming to people of all backgrounds. There is also a focus on fair/safe staffing and leadership is always visible and willing to help on the floors.

Encompass Health insights

Based on 2,401 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

They don’t care about their employees

They give the nurses 9-10 patients each, all of which are high acuity patients that should honestly be in a higher level hospital. They are like snakes in the grass and you cannot trust leadership they will send you packin at the drop of a hat. Usually Mon- Friday we would average 4-11 admits a day which is over whelming for the staff because the nurses are doing entire admission questions in 1-2 patients and all while caring for their other patients. Just a negative work environment, I will never go back there. Nothing good comes from Encompass. I take that back the therapy department was top of the line, and fellow nurses were amazing, just leadership was aweful.

Okay workplace, easily drained.

RNT paid very low, not enough to take care of bills and other cost of living. Nice CEO, free lunches on paydays. Lazy nurses who don't help with patients.

Pros

Free lunches on pay day, pick up extra shifts

Cons

long hours, just want to reach full capacity even if patient isn't for for facility, overworked, and lazy nurses

Good place to work but low on the pay scale.

If you like to work independently than this is the place for you. Not much training when you start, wages are very low for administration staff & raises are small.

Cons

wages

Great company

Great company, great outlook on patient care. Needs more weekend and on-call help. Weekend shifts get destroyed with the amount of patients that need seen per nurse. Depending on staff census, your weekend on-call was about every 6-8 weeks, but that weekend killed you with work. That shift made people quit due to high volume. Then in turn your on-call shift became sooner due to less staff... Great company but weekend shifts hurt them...

Fun workplace and colleagues

I'm new at the hospital, and everyone is so patient, helpful, kind, and respectful. They offer ample time of training, and the preceptorship program is very organized. I feel blessed to be part of their team.

Management in dining could use work

Management could use work not a bad place but definitely turn a blind eye to things. There are great people there but also unruly people usually like every place

Horrible back stabbing place to work

No education provided for office position. I was expected to learn my and my supervisor job on my own. Very 2 faced company. I do not recommend working there.

August 2, 2022
Hi, thanks for sharing your concerns with us. Would you mind providing additional details so we can pass it along to the appropriate contacts? You can email us directly at feedback@encompasshealth.com.

Fun peers to work with but poor management

Good benefits pay and not terrible hard to learn. Management was the worst part and was very clique and if you weren't liked it was a clear difference in how you were treated.

Caring and professional team

This hospital cares about helping patients get their lives back and helping them get back home. It has a lot of interaction with the families, doctors, nursing and therapy teams. This has been one of the best jobs I’ve ever had.

No work life balance, horrible management, on site ceo is the biggest problem, most of the tenured directors have left due to poor management

I initially liked working there until reporting structure changed ,we lost multiple directors which was from poor management. Compensation was great but came at a cost of work life balance. Ceo is so disconnected and only cares about profits and pushed patients out .really sad to see how the patients are treated.

Flexibility with scheduling

Flexibility. But the office where I was located used to schedule you visits in the middle of your day leaving you disorganized. Branch managers thought they will bring their friends in to work together without following proper protocols

Pros

You create strong bonds with your patients

Cons

Poor management at the local branch.

Flexible

Although you have optimal flexibility with your schedule it is very hard to balance the productivity needs and work life balance between work time in family time you were stuck bringing a lot of your paperwork home with you to finish your also required to be a On call frequently throughout the night and weekend

Understaffed

Place is understaffed most of the time and they dont care if they have enough staff to cover the workload. Management is horrible and do not care about employee nor patient safety

Productive and fun workplace

We are more than a team. We are family! My most appreciated aspect is that I can balance work/family life and know that I have support in doing so. Join our family!

The hospital completely understands the team approach and treatment teams support each other.

Team meetings are productive in identifying patient needs. Management does not always support certain patient/family limitations in recommending length of stay.

Good place

Great place to work. Work great with schedule and have good benefits. Work life balance . I love my co workers but management can be bias. The employees make work here great

High patient ratios, no support, horrible management

We were constantly taking more patients than was a safe ratio and expected to complete our work without support. Management environment is toxic and does not support staff on the floor. Its about keeping census high and not how we are caring for patients or if staffing is appropriate. Communication is nonexistent and the teamwork is minimal. I would not recommend this place to anyone for staff or as a patient. Sad that they don't value the great employees they do have on the floor.

Pros

High sign on bonus

Cons

High patient ratios, horrible management

Heavy workload

Everyone’s job performance and work load depends on each other and there was always a lack of balance and team work ultimately. In my experience teamwork could have been better.

Seeing my patients progress and be discharged home to the community.

I started at Encompass Health a little over 9 years ago. Initially, I loved the hospital and the employees I worked with; however, the new management that has come in isn't employee oriented. For example, the CNO doesn't seem to be there for her nurses and nurse techs. She doesn't pick up a shift when it is short or offer to work as the charge nurse when needed.

Pros

Cons

No chance for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encompass Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Encompass Health.
Powered byComparably