Encompass Health
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Encompass Health Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Work load was a little heavy but the pay and benefits balanced it out. Having a supportive manager and wonderful office staff also helped make this a fun place to work and their benefits were amazing.
Great company, they were highly dedicated to patients, expected and displayed professionalism. There was good diversity in the staff and cultural differences were celebrated.
Pros
Positive mission
Cons
Inpatient environment
thge pay is so low for what you do for patients . there are no benefits , i am the working poor. when you tell them you are getting your RN they fired me
Pros
Cons
no work only part-time or no shifts at ALL
I really enjoyed working for this company. The management was very helpful. I was compensated well and most of the time I felt appreciation from the patients.
Pros
I was able to work part time and get benefits
Cons
Sometimes we were short staffed
Encompass Health is a large company and has over hundred hospitals nation wide. Leadership structure varies a little from each hospital but the company strives to maintain a just culture.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I am fortunate enough to work with a great team of office peers as well as outstanding clinician team. I have had the opportunity to grow and learn during my time at Encompass.
Matrices rule in office staffing. Unrealistic expectations in regard to absorbing duties for multiple roles, expected duties and answering phone calls. Power struggles within branch management. Poor planning and lack of logistical understanding with field staff scheduling.
Official response from Encompass Health
November 15, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Springfield, VA home health branch. We apologize that you have had a negative experience, but we highly encourage you to send additional details to feedback@encompasshealth.com so we can look into the situation.
Minimal work-life balance. Stressful environment. Lack of management and promotion for deserving staff members. Competitive benefits package. More than a full-time job.
Great place to work but poor management by the branch director. Working at encompass expand my knowledge about home healthcare and providing good customer services.
Pros
Great benefits, salary, hours
Cons
No career advancement for non clinical employees
good place to learn, every case is there. from simple wound dressing to wound vacuum, simple breathing treatment to trach pt. it is up to you how you get the most of it.
I liked my co workers but managment was a revolving door. Nurse to patient ratio was high, and I always felt like i was second fiddle to the therapists
Encompass has wonderful top leadership, but leadership directly above the branch level leaves a lot to be desired. The experience for employees at each branch differ greatly depending on region. The Eastern region needs help. The excellence from the headquarters in Texas often does not trickle down to the branch level or field employees. Salaries are not competitive in the DMV area, neither is the reimbursement for mileage if you are a field employee. Cost for benefits is not competitive either.
Pros
Excellent PTO
Cons
Poor leadership
Typical fast pasted HH Agency. High volume Marketing plays pivital role. Corporate structure with home headquarters in Dallas Texas(Every employ has the opportunity to go to Dallas for approx. 3days call Foundations)
Wonderful place to work. Great benefits. Management was always very willing to work with employees to create work/life balance. I would recommend this company.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Low Staffing.
A typical day start with report from previous shift. Use Pyxis system to remove medications, provide care and medications. Gained on-hand experience. Good work place culture. Hardest part of job is multi-task in fast-passed environment.. Break is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
experience
Cons
Fast-paced
I spend most of my day reviewing charts and Auditing documentation .Then I Educate staff 1:1 when needed to help improve or documentation. I assess patients when the staff assessment show big differences before I enter the result in for UDS on the IRF-PAI form. I have really enjoyed working with this team for the they are great. They have really helped me learn how to communicate better with my peers and that anything is possible as long as you do it as a team.
Pros
Like working with family
Cons
there are none
Great place to have a career. Much more clinical and patient centered . The company culture is great and dynamic. I will surely recommend this Job to any one seeking work
The staff here was awesome! Everyone was very knowledgeable and always willing to provide educational experiences and quality care for their patients.
The work environment is very warm and friendly. The atmosphere is very full of support and so forth. There is adequate training and on boarding is excellent.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
PRN is unpredictable for income
There are some locations that are running absolutely fantastic and smoothly, and others that are falling apart and failing. I would advise candidates to ask about the current fiscal health of a given location before hopping onboard.
Very good patient care. Administration has been going through many changes making it a little difficult. Overall a very good place to work.
Pros
Good pay
  1. Employee Reviews