Encompass Health Employee Reviews

I have learned a great deal working at Encompass
Clinical Field Staff Supervisor, Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 21, 2018
I have learned a variety of skills at Encompass Health. There are many opportunities of advancement and growth at Encompass. The salary is competitive.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poor work/ life balance
very hard to balance home life and work life
Case Manager RN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 18, 2018
in a salary position it is very hard to balance work life and home life. The pay start pay is great but getting a raise is nothing short of impossible
Good company, poor branch management
Staff physical therapist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 17, 2018
The company is wonderful, the branch can be bad if management is bad. The patients are the best part of the job. Very difficult to truely work a 40 hour work week. Poor employee morale.The company itself seems to be Ok.
Staff Nurse Relief Charge and Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJuly 16, 2018
Mini hospital, once opened it took off in the community and offered an extension from the local hospital to rehab and return and CNA's. I enjoyed the intired experience, everyday was an experience.
Dedicated Staff
Regional Sales & Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2018
Just started as CTC and so far so good, the only downfall is that we only except medicare patients. We have to also turn down patients for the fact our clinical team cant perform basic functions of home health due to the nursing shortage.
Pros
Flexible and good pay
Cons
Only takes Medicare
Great Company
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJuly 15, 2018
Encompass was a great company. Their benefits are very good ESPECIALLY there vacation time of 30 days per year from the start. They are a very busy company so you need to be prepared to be busy.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Can be too busy at times.
Postive turn over
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Enterprise, ALJuly 11, 2018
Encompass has finally heard the continuous complaints from the sales team regarding poor upper sales management. This postive change has inspired those of us who were beat down and discouraged by this person. The threats have subsided and there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Over all great place to work for
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 11, 2018
This is high pace, collaborative job. The physical demand is high. Emotionally stressful as well as gratifying knowing you are part of helping people get better. If you can handle the above, great place to work for.
Pros
Emotionally gratifying
Cons
Lack of hours, physically demanding, low pay
Not a good place to work
Nutrition Aide (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 10, 2018
Our last manager was worthless in dietary had no idea how to run a kitchen and how to be a manager sat in her office all day, if we have problems in kitchen nobody seems to care to help us fix it all employees work against each other instead of working together. To much negativity in the kitchen DRAMA! Nobody follows spread sheets or diets for patients RN LVN and CNA lose trays all the time! They give it to wrong patients . just an overall bad place to work the pay sucks and it will suck the life out of you.
July 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your employment at our Bakersfield, CA hospital. We apologize that your experience was negative and encourage you to send additional details to feedback@encompasshealth.com so we can work on making improvements.

Team oriented environment
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2018
Worked here for 4 years, FT and PRN. Good company to work for. 6 wk vacation, good benefits, new employee referral bonuses, annual raises (un heard of). Mgt is fair, they hire the best people, expectations are high. On call is once every quarter. Lots of staff, which is good!
Pros
Good wk environment, schedulers keep you in your area, high salaries
Cons
Low mileage reimbursement, constant paperwork
That place suck
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 7, 2018
I was housekeeper there and the housekeeping supervisor she was messy always watching you making up lies on workers she is a poorly supervisor I would send nobody to that job you wouldn’t last long and the hr people never had things straighting out and the housekeeping supervisor picks with everybody
Pros
Suck
Not appreciated
Other Experience (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 6, 2018
It doesn't seem that those who work hard are appreciated for their efforts. It's a very stressful environment and lots of pressure to rise above the negative when there's no answer to anything.
Pros
Small
Cons
low pay, stressufl
Lvn
Field LVN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2018
I’ve been doing home health for 9+ years as an LVN, I have never experienced the lack of organization, poor management, and lack of care for employees as I have in the Central Houston office. The branch continuously took on hi acuity patients that needed extensive nursing care yet didn’t have the staff in place to care for the patients. The training for new employees was minimal at best beyond the “in house video training program”. The manager was new in his role and had never managed a home health office before. It showed in the lack of support and leadership in the office.
Pros
Autonomy of positon
Cons
poor leadership
July 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our Houston, TX home health branch. We encourage you to send additional details about your experience to feedback@encompasshealth.com so we can make improvements to the situation.

Terrible
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJuly 2, 2018
I got this job through an agency. I was there for three weeks and then got fired by my recruiter because they apparently thought that I wasn’t catching on after THREE WEEKS. There is a lot to learn and I was learning something new every day. The CBO is a joke and I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there. The turn over rate is absolutely terrible.
Pros
Activities/Food weekly for employees
Cons
Turnover rate
July 3, 2018

Hello, thank you for providing feedback about your time at our Brooksville CBO. We encourage you to send additional details about your experience to feedback@encompasshealth.com so we can work on making improvements.

Would not recommend
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  TXJuly 1, 2018
Poor management doesn’t care about employees only money! No real support for employees. Issues are brought up and not really resolved. No control over schedule. Expected to work very long hours and high mileage with little compensation. Good nurses and therapist that really care about their patients.
Pros
Good PDO, caring nurses and therapist
Cons
Unrealistic productivity, very big coverage area, poor management
Is not what it used to be
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJune 23, 2018
Worked here as an RN. In the beginning the job, staff, and management was wonderful. Very rewarding job as most patients got better and went home, saw several miracles walk out that door. On the other hand towards the end of my role there, management had a large change. Concerns including patient care issues were listened to but never resolved. Nurses were never taken seriously or appreciated. Staffing crisis and high turnover rates made taking care of patients difficult as well as patients are now more sick. Due to not having enough staff, you are constantly messaged/called during time off. Education requirements for this job including constant mandatory meetings, classes, etc become taxing and make it seem like you have no time with family. Most times when I worked I felt like a lone man on an island attempting to care for patients, poor teamwork due to staff feeling overwhelmed I think. Nurse ratio during says 8 to 9 and at night 10 plus. They do have PCTs, if there are enough on the schedule.
Pros
Good benefits, competitive pay, Rewarding job as nurse
Cons
Poor teamwork, low experience leadership, patient/nurse ratio
June 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our Gadsden, AL hospital. We encourage you to send additional details about your time with us to feedback@encompasshealth.com so we can work on making improvements.

Great learning experience. Able to see progression in patients.
Rehabilitation Nursing Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 20, 2018
Patient care: Activity of daily living
transferring from bed to chair
vital signs, blood sugar checks, bladder scan & phlebotomy when ordered
time management
assist with shower, grooming, assist with feeding
FIM scoring on computer
Pros
reduce meals-great food, benefits, empolyee discounts, bonus pay
Cons
regular shift-12 hour, assignments may be overwhelming, employee turnover
Great place!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 13, 2018
Great people make a fabulous environment to work at and is always a delight, when management says "Good morning, how's your day going? " With a true genuine gesture that if you have an issue within the work environment they will help solve the issue, to prevent it from continuing. When you have this type of management and great co-workers it is always a pleasure to clock in to work and start your day.
Good place
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 13, 2018
Encompass is a great team-based company to work for, and I have been there for 4 years. They recently changed office managers which was completely appropriate. I love my colleagues.
Cons
ZERO benefits as PRN. They won't help towards license renewal or other annual requirements
Hiring
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 12, 2018
So I had an interview with this place, went well. Shadowed someone (didnt get paid for this) and then didn't hear anything! Called multiple times with no response!! Really have someone think they have a job then nothing. Unprofessional

Never even given a chance!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encompass Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight