Encompass Health Employee Reviews

Found 2,400 reviews matching the search See all 2,411 reviews
sorry to say
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 22, 2019
I am sorry to say that I work for the company when it was called health south rehab hospital. I loved working for that company I would recommend this company to any one that wonts a great place to work
Run do not apply
Case Manger (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 22, 2019
Multiple turn over with directors. Office staff horrible to work with everybody knows what is in your profit chart and will tell everybody else. Run!
Pros
Flexible hours if you're out on the road
Cons
Everything paid call my management, no support
Collaborative workplace and a good place to learn about hospice care.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 22, 2019
This volunteer job did not require much of my time and it taught me about patient communication as I moved forward into nursing school. Also, I believe this volunteer job taught me responsibility because at Encompass Hospice volunteers are necessary members of the collaborative health care team.
Pros
Festive Workplace, and Free Lunches.
Cons
Driving (wear and tear on your vehicle), and Emotional Strain.
Stressful
OT (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 22, 2019
The scheduler in the local office runs the place. If you get on her bad side, she will make your life miserable. There have been multiple complaints about her from many employees, but management always sides with her. High turnover of staff because there is a poor work to personal life balance. They treat you like they own you!! They encourage an environment of backstabbing. Horrible experience!!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Horrible work to personal life balance
Over work and management is horrible
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 20, 2019
Very fast past some nurses are great some techs are ok. MANAGEMENT HORRIBLE and if your not their friend omg watch out they will treat you very bad. I’ve never had to work some where that I felt I had to watch out for my job due to personal reasons. They show favoritism and all. They want you to go above and beyond but never say thank you!!! Was like a slave plantation!!
Pros
Wages, Benefits
Cons
Excellent company, poor local management
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 20, 2019
Fantastic overall company, only frustration is management at the local/regional level. Regional director is not knowledgeable in medicare regulations or the ins and outs of home care, is very close minded and unapproachable, and does not look out for the greater good of our branch.
Pros
great benefits, quality care driven, very achievable productivity standards
Cons
poor local and regional management
Wonderful place to work but low pay
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 19, 2019
I am a current employee here and I love it. The only thing I have a problem with is the pay. I do not make near enough for the work I put in. I am underpaid by 4% for the average salary. We are paid off of a pay scale so there isn't much room for raises or promotions. I think more employees would stay longer if we were paid for the hard work we put in. The people are amazing, and the education is top of the line.
Pros
Great atmosphere/busy.
Cons
Low pay
rehabilitation hosptial
RN (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 19, 2019
I enjoy working with the axially staff, they are truly very caring people, who give kindness and LOVE to receive kindness back, they are a big help when they can.
benefits
Cons
patient ratios
High turnover rate, high burnout!!!
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 18, 2019
Pay is decent but you work VERY hard for it! There is employee incentives given for various “good deeds” but you run around like a lunatic most of the day, basically bring a med pusher, as they are consistently understaffed! Management rarely takes acuity into account and are lucky if you have aid working but that is inconsistent as well! Often doing the job of RN and aid, and hard to get anything done, and little time available to spend with patients! Overall, VERY stressful environment, but exposed to various health conditions, so great for new RN’s looking to gain experience, you will definitely acquire that!!!! Must have an abundance of energy because you leave your shift completely drained, exhausted, and often feeling like an inadequate nurse because you probably neglected at least 1 or 2 patients because there is rarely enough support staff!
Pros
Flexible scheduling, decent pay
Cons
Consistently understaffed, high turnover rate for RN’s overloaded with high acuity patients with 1 or no aid to help!
Official response from Encompass Health
March 20, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hospital. We appreciate this feedback and encourage you to send additional details to feedback@encompasshealth.com so we can work on making improvements.

Home Health is long days, hard work but you get it done...
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 17, 2019
Enjoyed many great coworkers & ability to chat on case conference day. Fast paced job, enjoyed clients. Many days difficult to plan when told you are going out of town to see other clients. Difficult to get all charting done in the home... Upper most mgmt with many favorites...
Pros
Fun coworkers, parties on case conference days
Cons
Wages could be better, hire more RNs, more company vehicles for nurses
Middle-Management Galore
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 15, 2019
If you never want to know to which manager you answer then work for Encompass Home Health. While all of my managers were not bad, I didn't know from day to day to whom I was to answer. Even in a contract job, I've never had such a negative experience.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management, corporate executives are out of touch with clinicians
good place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 14, 2019
I really enjoyed this place to work. Everyone was very helpful and nice. The people that work at this place loved there job and loved to help others. If this job was still opened I would definitely work back here
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 14, 2019
Pay could definitely be better in comparison to the workload.
• Help patients regain hope and independence through rehabilitation and quality nursing care
• Maintain awareness of comfort and safety needs for 7-10 patients
• Monitor CVA's, MVA's, head trauma, total knee or hip replacement surgery patients, as well as debilitated patients
• Involved in ongoing teaching with the patient and their families regarding home care and additional therapy on an outpatient basis or home health
• Update plan of care and suggest necessary revisions when needed
• Perform daily health assessments to evaluate patient's physical, mental and emotional status
• Administer medications PO, IM and IV
• Communicate with patients, families and co-workers in an empathetic and caring manner
fun, busy and productive
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMarch 14, 2019
use a variety of nursing skills ,cno readily availble, staffing super, coworkers great. well organized facility, clean facility,.management is organized throughout facility,, hardest part of the job is seeing people really ill.
Pros
listed above
No work life balance
Field Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 14, 2019
No work life balance. They expect you to see 8 or more patients a day because there is not enough help. Management talks about employees and has favorites.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
12 hour days
Management is horrible
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMarch 12, 2019
Management is running the place in the ground. They will let the nurses drown. They do not come out of their office to help when the workload is unbearable. It could be a really nice place to work if it was managed fairly and professionally.
Pros
Good money
A great place to work
Nursing Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Perland TexasMarch 11, 2019
Team players throughout the whole facility. I love it there because you see patients that come in to PT and OT and can't walk but being there for two to three weeks they gain strength and by the time they leave they are stronger.
Best place to work
Virtual Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 11, 2019
It is a great place to work. I am a remote coder and I love it . My manager is very knowledgeable and the education that is given to the coders is impeccable.
PTA Student 10-Week Clinical Rotation
Physical Therapy Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMarch 7, 2019
I absolutely LOVED my clinical rotation at Encompass Health-Petersburg! My Clinical Instructor was amazing, supportive, and gave me the perfect amount of constructive criticism and at the same time gave me the space to use my own clinical judgement to improve my confidence as a clinician. The Therapy team was incredible as well. They were all very supportive of each other and were always willing to give a helping hand to anyone that needed assistance, both patient and employees alike. The Therapy team were always there to offer me and the other students guidance and help whenever we asked for it. The other medical staff were also very friendly and willing to help whomever asked and always with a smile on their faces. These included MDs, RT, Nursing Staff, Custodial Staff, and Dietary Staff, etc.
Pros
Interdisciplinary teamwork, free lunches for students, friendly and supportive coworkers
Cons
Distance from my residence about 50 mins which I'm used to from previous employment in the area
Rehab hospital patients stay around 1-3 wks. Nurse patient ratio usually 7:1
LPN Floor Nurse Rehab Hospital (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 7, 2019
Hired with 3 days orientation and total of 12hrs floor nurse orientation. Always short staffed so ratio would change daily. Management not supported of nursing staff. Pay average for area and lots of OT if wanted.
Pros
OT offered, good health benefits.
Cons
No mentor for new staff, schedule for requested days off never granted due to staff shortage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encompass Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Encompass Health.

Powered by Comparably