Encore Event Technologies Employee Reviews

A great place to start working. A tough place to continue working.
Senior Sales and Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 5, 2019
10 Hours a day 6 days a week.
You do learn about event production albiet by getting pushed right into events, very little training.
Management can be good but mostly moved into their postions based on need and not skill.
Good moral between technicians, administation and managers.
The hardest part of the job is being very short on staff.
The greatest part of the job is getting to produce large events.
Pros
Good event production experience
Cons
Poor work environment
Fun awesome place to work for
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2019
I love setting up conference rooms, employees and leads are just , always there to help no matter what awesome experience and environment, good pay good hours
Pros
Good pay
Cons
None at all
Great crew and staff to work with
E, I &T Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2019
A typical day at work is fast paced, must be a multi tasker and self motivated. The workplace culture offers diversity, learning opportunities and growth.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Salary too low
Everything from presentation services to Hollywood galas!!
Event Technician (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 14, 2019
Encore is one of the giants in resort and expo floor audiovisual, from custom design to industry standard execution, there is a reason why anybody would be quick to recognize the encore company name
Great company
Director of Event Technology (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2019
I have been with Encore for over six years now and I love it. I have been promoted from Event Technician to my current role as Director of Event Technologies. Encore loves to promote from within and I am proof of that. I genuinely love my job, love my management team, and love this company.
all in all fun and good place to work
Network Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2019
great people to work with
management not to great
hardest part of the job is the amount of down time
I would recommend working here

pro- great people
cons- poor management
Untrustworthy
Stagehand (Former Employee) –  Las vegasJanuary 28, 2019
I "received" 10 pay hacks from encore and 5 of them werent not the correct amount, all of them were missing money so it is impossible that this was done by mistake. And 2 of them were never even sent out 1 of which it took them 4 months to finally send it to me. Their pay rate is less than all the other companies in the trade. And payroll is literally impossible to get ahold of, I have left 7 messages and have yet to hear back fr them
Probably the worst company i have ever worked for
Great benefits & learning opportunities. Trash Management.
Senior Technician/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC Omni Shoreham HotelJanuary 28, 2019
The job would be easier if management knew what they’re jobs were. Instead the have incompetent directors specifically. I would name him but he it’s not worth it. Just know at that property. The blame for anything will be on the Technicians whether it’s a rental order ordered wrong. Not even gear or clientele making outlandish request last min & not able too accomodate them.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, equipment
stuck in a rut
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 13, 2018
I was part of the first crew that opened up in the omni hotel. Back when i started i was told part time and full times employees got raises. I went from 11.00 an hour to 12.75. I was thankful for that. When i was given my next performance update, they told me i was doing great and told me what to work on. I waited and they forgot about my meeting. so i never knew if i reached my goals. when i confronted them about it they told me they stopped giving raises. Now I am the the last of that first crew. I get paid the second lowest in my employees but is expected to teach new people how to do the job. Luckily the old managers left. The new ones are better with sensible work, and scheduling. I've done my fair share of over night shifts. The job doesn't seem all that safe. working on high power cables, lifting up truss towers, scissor lifts. no healthcare. Things there just seem shady. the job doesn't help with my college debt. wish i didn't go. I was there for 5 years. it was not worth it. So i continue to look elsewhere.
I wish the new management luck. nice guys
Pros
Employees are great friends
Cons
you're forgotten. no real trainig
Productive and overall great environment to work
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 2, 2018
Encore has allowed me the opportunity to learn a lot and to attain skills that I did not have when I first started. The overall pace of working here was good and the staff was cooperative and hard-working.
One Year Review
ELECTRICAL AND INTERNET COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 1, 2018
Typical day consisted of working on client requirements for events such as preparing an internet quote for wireless or wired services for their event or meeting. Worked on entering confidential information into internal charging system. Learned basic internet terminology and learned the importance of choosing the right needs for a client to have a successful event/meeting. Worked with on site electricians for trade shows and helped clients on show site with troubleshooting and problem solving issues with their exhibitor booth. Answered phone calls to assist clients with questions related to their orders and making their event a great success.
Pros
On site EDR at several properties, great healthcare, excellent starting position for events
Overworked
Manager of Event Operations (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2018
the structure of the business means working hard in the busiest season but the hours are upwards of 80+ per week with little pay and not benefits. There is little to no work to home life
Poor Middle Management
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 1, 2018
Highly stressful location. Newly opened hotel. Middle management is poor. Lack of respect for technicians times, and lives. Schedules are extremely inconsistent. Director does not respect his employees times, nor does he represent the lower employees well. The atmosphere is toxic. Mainly with the company because of the upper management and the higher level employees.
Pros
New equipment, very nice benefits, great company to work for
Cons
Lack of respect from middle management, work life balance poor
Great work environment, pay could be better.
AV Event Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 31, 2018
Great work environment, pay could be better. Sometimes get mixed messages from management. Often management have a sky is falling attitude when it's not that big of a deal.
Good oppertunity and growth but a lot of hours to put in.
Director of Event Technologies (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2018
Good opportunity at 2 small hotels. When it came time to move up with the company there wasn't much open or recommended to me so i looked for other opportunities.
Mismanagement and unreasonable environment
Audio/Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 19, 2018
Current A/V director lacks professionalism and reason. It is like working with someone with the mentality to a small child. Constantly shifting work hours frequently clash with important life events, affecting my quality of life. Slow periods during the summer months has been severly economically damaging.
Pros
free lunches, friendly clients
Cons
Unreasonable director, failing equipment, lack of communication and teamwork.
Boy's Club
Manager of Event Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2018
If you're not in the club, you won't be promoted and your opportunities for growth will be stifled.

Transparency is discouraged, communication is lacking.

I was challenged every day, but not necessarily for positive reasons. I did work WITH a talented team of sales people and technicians, but management was out of touch, at times bordering on abusive -- both to employees and to clients. Terribly unprofessional demeanor on the part of upper management at my property and a failure to proactively plan were the norm.

Company also discontinued their ESOP program during my tenure, but did not replace it with another incentive program.
Worst place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 9, 2018
Encore has no regard for ones personal schedule or needs outside of work. You are hired to do a job and expected to put the job ahead of everything else in your life. Hours are long and hard with little compensation.
Management is lazy and dishonest.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Long hours, Lazy & dishonest Management
I enjoy working with people that care about the work that we do
Assistant audio (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 30, 2018
Being in the music and recording industry,working at local community 720 has given a chance to experience a different perspective of the entertainment and cooperate world.
Pros
Good meals served occasionally and meeting other people with similar interests and goals
Cons
Not to many problems
Too overworked to enjoy the job
Director Of Event Technology (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 9, 2018
Poor work ethics and internal corporate structure who supports racist and sexist behavior from their clients. Overworks Directors with no financial support.
benefits
Cons
supports racist behavior and ideology

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encore Event Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight