Encore Fire Protection logo
Encore Fire Protection

Encore Fire Protection Employee Reviews

It could be worse

Working here had it's ups and downs. The management is very supportive and will work with foreman to get the job done. Running work can be stressful with blue prints often not matching up to the work and foreman are often left to redesign on the fly. It's a good company, I'd work for them again.

Pros

Flexible PMs, co workers, work/life balance

Cons

No gas reimbursement, can't trust the print

Working as a fire alarm technician

I’ve been working out of the Needham office for about a year now, and have nothing but good things to say. At Encore, you get the opportunity to work with different people, which has helped me not only learn more but also grow with the company. The management team is fantastic, they are great with communicating to the teams out in the field and they listen to what we have to say. Everyone I have had the chance to work with has an upbeat, positive attitude, making jobs run smoother. Schedules are reasonable and manageable, but also flexible. Overall, Encore is a great company and I would recommend anyone to work here.

Pros

Great management & technicians

Cons

None!

Team Atmosphere, Company Culture Great Place to work

I don't typically write reviews, that said, after the past 5 years with Encore I was feeling compelled to write one. I work out of the Needham office and I've been in the business for well over 30 years. I have worked, and learned from some of the best in the business over the years. My decision to work for Encore is easily one of the best career choices I have ever made. I continue to learn each day. The people , the Company vision, the focus on customer satisfaction, and the incredible support I've received are unmatched. My colleagues are all just as compassionate about life safety as I am. Everyone works as a team, it's truly a fun office atmosphere. This team cares about life safety, and they care about each other. It is a family atmosphere, mostly due to the Executive Vice President in our office. She is encouraging, motivating, smart as a whip, takes the time to get to know her people, is always personable and she sure knows how to run an office. Anyone considering Encore, do it trust me. It's the best job I've ever had.

Pros

Team Atmosphere, Small Company, Customer Focused, Fun place to work!

Great Culture, management is in it with you, great team environment

Encore is a great place to work. There is a ton of room for advancement. Management almost always promotes from within, as opposed to hiring from the outside for senior level positions. There's a lot of opportunity to learn and for self improvement. The pay is very competitive and performance bonuses are commonly and frequently given.Great team to be a part of.

Pros

culture

Cons

office is a bit of a mess

Feedback Working here

Looking back on this job, management does not care the work you put in. When I worked here, it seemed great because it was a learning experience for me and I was actually getting work done. However, management does NOT care or even recognize the work you put in. Specifically the Executive Vice President in the Needham office. 0 appreciation of the work you put in. Bad experience and I regret ever even working there. Embarrassing to even put it on my resume so I didn't. I have a great job now with a management team that cares about the work I put in and even my well being! I'm even taking more responsibilities! I honestly wish I never knew about Encore or ever worked there.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Isolation, Management

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Stressful, micro managing

I worked at Encore for approximately 3 months. I was very excited to get back into the administrative field. I did more than was asked of me. The first 2.5 months were great, the owner was good and supportive. Then he showed his true colors. I had never been talked to the way he talked to me. I went home in tears but I was determined to keep going. Until, he blew up again. I left that night and never returned. I’ve never been treated or talked to that way. There was a very high turnover and the owner has no problem firing people. It was a very toxic place to work and I still cringe to this day when I think of him and this company. Think twice and then one more time before you work there.

Pros

Cons

Very High Turnover, owner is overbearing, power hungry, and does not really care about employees.

Feedback

Encore is challenging place to work and a place where it pushes you to be your best. This is not a place if you are looking for an easy job that you punch in and out. Not for everyone but hard work is noticed. There are some hard personalities to work for but there are also extremely compassionate personalities there to that even it out. If you work hard the owners will see that. I do think there should be more appreciation for going extra mile and not always relying on the same people. That would go a long way

Bad

VP of the company has no heart if anything in your personal life happened expect to be at work 1 if not say goodbye your fired...it’s a rotating door your in and right back out the door if you slip up in anyway.

Great Work Environment

Positive work environment, with great support from management. Coming from a completely different line of work it was nice to have proper training and guidance.

Opportunity for advancement

Encore is a great company to work for. I stared at Encore 8 years ago as an apprentice and have worked my way up to a management position. One great thing about this company is they recognize hard work and performance and reward it with opportunity to advance further within the company. The leadership team at Encore truly invests in their employees and has created a work environment that allows people to “Learn on the fly” and preaches that its ok to make mistakes in the process. I would recommend Encore to any hard working individual who is looking to start a career with a company who truly has glass ceilings. I hope this company continues to develop so I can too.

Jobs at Encore Fire Protection

See more jobs

Unlimited opportunity in exchange for hard work

The days absolutely fly by at Encore because each one is different and everyone is always so busy. In my 10+ years working for this company I've had opportunities to work in accounting, operations, marketing, and sales, and I can say from personal experience that the potential for growth and advancement is endless. The hardest part of the job is that there is so much encouragement to grow and take initiative that it can be hard to stay focused. In the last few years the company has invested a lot of time and effort into developing their culture and it shows. This is a great place to work and it gets better every day, but I think the best is still yet to come for this company and everyone who is willing to work hard enough to stay along for the ride.

Working at encore

Encore’s company culture is strong. Encore’s mission and values are clear, communicated often, and embraced. Encore is devoted to employee development and providing high achievers opportunities to grow professionally. As an employee, you are surrounded by intelligent, driven colleagues and have the benefit of a culture that is focused on bringing out the best in you. Encore has created an environment where you are motivated to work hard and that’s enjoyable. The upper management cares for their employees, and has a great “Open Door” policy, so you can speak what’s on your mind without the fear of repercussions. I feel Encore’s management team could work on leading by example and set the pace via your expectations and behavior. Provide recognition when others do the same. Employees should know that you are the real deal because management says and does the same thing.

A fantastic place to work a great place to learn and excel in all aspects of fire protection.

I have worked at Encore fire protection in the Hartford office for approximately six years. The culture and the people are fantastic, everyone is willing to help everyone to achieve a common goal, customer first. A fantastic place to work, a great place to learn and excel in all aspects of fire protection.

Pros

Kind and compassionate coworkers.

Cons

Some stressful days, As with all jobs.

Excellent Culture/Awesome People

The leadership and culture are excellent. As a sales representative, you are given the freedom to use any/all skills and tools that work for you. You are given ample support and local resources, without ever being hounded or micromanaged. Great opportunity to make strong income, as well! Will definitely miss the culture and people.

Culture and co workers are amazing

Encore really cares about their employees and you are not just a number. In the sweet spot of being not to large and not too small. My co workers make the long days not so bad. Real team environment where everyone is excited to see others achieve

Overworked

Constantly given assignments by persons unqualified to determine life safety decisions. Very amateur office staff with no appreciation to what a service technician does day to day.

Pros

Hourly pay is good

Cons

Benifits and lots of stress

Official response from Encore Fire Protection

March 10, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective on working here at Encore. Even as a former member of our team, we want you to know that we seriously value this type of feedback because we know it’s the only way we can improve as an organization. We have put a lot of systems, processes, and trainings in place that are focused on ensuring we are always at our best, and we think we have a pretty great team here(!), but good old fashioned feedback continues to be the best way for us to know where we stand and where we need to focus our efforts on improvement. Serving customers with Life Safety needs creates demanding situations for every person on this team, regardless of their position. And only when we are all working together can we maintain our place at the top of the industry. The environment we operate in is fast-paced and constantly changing so communication is key. To any current employee that is experiencing something similar: I personally encourage you to take advantage of the additional means for giving feedback so that we can improve on the things that you are referencing. You can use our monthly in-person divisional meetings, anonymous suggestion box (virtual or in every office), respond to any of the dozens of anonymous survey’s or take advantage of our long-standing open-door policy. You can also just talk directly to any one of our supervisors, managers or executives (including myself) at any time. Sincerely, Jeremy CEO

Great place to work, especially for someone new to the industry. Encore is very good at training people with little or no experience in the field. Also they promote from within so lots of room for advancement.

Great Work Environment

It has been really exciting to work for a growing company and the workplace in Pawtucket is great! Good team effort and everyone is focused on continuing to grow the company while having fun too. Management has been extremely fair and sets reasonable expectations.

Pros

Good People

Great company . Best Job . Great opportunities.

was looking for a change in my life. looked to find a career, and let me tell you I am so happy I found Encore and am thankful for the chance they gave me. I started right away and showed I was eager to learn and I wanted to do this. Everyone i have worked with is friendly and wants to teach you as well. if you work hard and get the job done the day flys by which when you do something you enjoy specially for work. It doesnt feel like work. I like how the company is very goal oriented. I always set goals and now with Encore and being a pipefitter. I have goals each year to accomplish so I can get raises. get my own work truck and get my license. this is my career for life now. Give it a chance . Give Encore a chance!

Pros

different job sites . never boring. great co workers

Cons

if anything id say they dont buy your tools inless your licensed

Do not recommend

Pawtucket office is nothing but a toxic enviroment. Upper Management including the CEO does not care about their employees. The turnover rate is absurd because management is bullying and degrading all employees. Good employees are taken advanage of. This place is a joke and I do not recommend to anyone. Find a better fire suppression company to work for.

Official response from Encore Fire Protection

May 16, 2019
It’s never easy to read negative reviews but I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As the CEO I welcome honest, direct feedback knowing it’s the only way we can really improve. We are a people first organization (the people here, the people we serve, and the people we keep safe) so we take things like this very seriously. If you would be willing to share some specifics about your experience and/or suggestions about how we can improve our Rhode Island office I would love to hear them. As a former employee you know my door is open and I am always willing to discuss this type of thing so please give me a call or send me an email. For those considering joining our team, its important for you to know that we put a lot of effort into creating an environment that encourages honest and direct communication at all levels of our organization. For prospective team members please also know that in addition to a company-wide “open door” policy, individual reviews, regular town halls, company sponsored office lunches and breakfasts, monthly field meetings, global training etc. we regularly perform anonymous team member surveys’ (14 in the last 24 months) and also have both an anonymous web address www.encoresuggestions.com and email address suggestions@encorefireprotection.com as a way for all people who interact with or work at Encore to offer any feedback that can be used help our business continue to grow and improve each day. Whatever the form the feedback comes we do appreciate it.

Overall a good place to work

I enjoyed working there. I learned a lot from hands on training as well as taking part in the schooling program that they offer. I have acquired a good selection of hand tools and a good start to a future that Ii will gladly embrace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encore Fire Protection. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Encore Fire Protection