Encore Rehabilitation Services
56Below average

Encore Rehabilitation Services Employee Reviews

United States310 reviews
Encore gave me a start to my career and for that I am grateful. I was woefully lowballed, as was the rest of my colleagues, and provided minimal resources. It is obvious the company views its employees as disposable and provides limited room for growth. High productivity requirements paired with low pay, difficulties ever getting time off (even on non-holidays), and poor employee appreciation pushed me to leave. I never had any issue with coworkers, only upper management.
Pros
A good first job as a working therapist
Cons
Low pay, poor management, limited resources
I worked for Encore for over 1 year and wanted to leave the job within the first month. I thought it would get better, but it only got worse. I was lied to about my position and the promise that I would actually get a job at a different location that was closer to home. All upper management cares about is productivity, they have no regard for any of their employees. I never once felt appreciated for the actual therapy I provided and never felt supported by management. All of my therapy managers did a great job, but ended up hating their jobs because this company put even more unrealistic expectations on them.They are very stingy with their benefits, you will never get a raise (apparently, they do not give raises anymore), and you will only be pressured to be unrealistically productive and will be put down even if you have reasons to why you are slightly less productive on a given day. You MUST work at least 39+ hours/week NO EXCEPTIONS to even qualify for full-time benefits, and they will not even think twice about taking away your benefits if you do not meet this ridiculous expectation. Worst company, you will only be a number, management is terrible, and you will be stressed constantly. I ended up hating my job despite loving working with patients. All they care about is money and how much money you can make the company. I couldn't be more unhappy with this company. I definitely do not recommend this company! BEWARE!!!
Cons
unrealistic expectations, no support, stressful work environment
I work as a PRN PTA for Encore. I have driven up to an hour and a half for work. Scheduling seems to either call me frequently or not at all. Some of the sites have excellent therapy supervisors who have the schedule and patients recent progress note or evaluation printed. This is very helpful for a PRN. It saves time and allows me to get started right away with clients. There is usually other therapy staff available to help guide me to different areas of the facilities. Some sites require logging into the computer and locating my schedule and the information regarding patients . This way takes longer to get to the patients. The computer program is difficult. There was no training from one work day to the next PRN work day it was very frustrating.
Pros
It’s flexible
Cons
Inconsistent hours
The time I was with the Co. my manger was available any time I called with no complaints, all ways helpful he came and helped me with some billing issues I was having he helped and showed me the correct way of doing it proper
Pros
Cons
At times if you are very busy you don’t get one
This company will pay you well upfront. They do not support you, your personal/mental health. They do not provide any support. This is a good job for PRN only. They demand on call weekends without use of PRN, they rarely allow PTO used. No holidays off/ no holidays paid. They see you as a position to bring them money only. You are not a person you are a money maker and the moment you disagree, ask for insight or discussion you are on their list. I would never recommend working for this company they will set you up for failure down the road. If at all possible go ANYWHERE else. This needs to be a desperate need for income type of position. They hire people that will stay quiet, keep their head down and do what they say without question or discussion. 0 growth personally or professionally. During COVID-19 they use employees as a pawn to make money and stay afloat regulars less of what it means for the employee. 0 support. Run run run away.
Pros
You get paid and maybe your lucky to have good coworkers
Cons
Literally everything
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Real tough to gauge all that has happened lately. You definitely do not feel any support from the company during these extraordinary times. Just a real shame. When staff got ill, we were all pressured to return. That’s so wrong on all counts. Morally, professionally or ethically.l
Pros
It’s a job. That’s it. Nothing that you could call a pro at all.
Cons
Benefits, work environment, safety concerns, no ppe, no support with facility matters etc, etc...
Company is not truthful and will utilize you as needed regardless of status. There is no transparency between management and staff. Seniority means nothing to them as favoritism is present within the company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor Management
Fair and friendly environment. Adequate services and PT care. I like the facilities, Wellbridge facilities are beautiful , clean, disciplined, comfortable and neat
I feel Encore has good systems for learning and for data and billing entry. I feel I was paid a fair wage and I have no complaints it was always a good work environment.
Encore didn’t do their research before getting into Denver and made many promises they couldn’t keep. I would have given them a slightly higher review before the pandemic but their treatment of staff has been horrid. No hazard pay, not making an effort to get staff hours (other than the managers), they cut pay (not performance based) and hours, then decided to end their contract and won’t let people use their PTO to supplement hours for the next two months before their contract ends; even though hours are still cut due to the pandemic. On the phone call to let us know they were pulling out of our buildings, we weren’t even thanked for sticking around and caring for residents and patients during the pandemic. This company doesn’t care about anything but their bottom line.
. As our expenses and the cost of living increases, our salaries do not! Management is greatly supportive and are always there for us. The culture aspects enables to work with and understand the hardships of the minorities and the lower socioeconomic classes. The hardest part is dealing with unrealistic family members.
Don't ruffle any feathers or ask any questions and you will be fine. Be the robot they want and you will be just fine. In a crisis do as little as possible because if you do too much they feel threatened and lay you off. Immediate management (RVP) I would trust with my life, anything above that, not as far as I could throw them.
Area manager consistently promises hours to get staff on board and then no follow through . No help with staffing needs for minimal patient care coverages. Ongoing manipulation of staff , telling lies to one staff person , saying another said it .. such an immature, unethical and counterproductive leadership. Patient care put very low on priority list , barely above respect for employees .
I started with Encore in late December 2019. I have worked for 2 other large contractor Rehab companies over the last 7 years and Encore is a better company with more support from upper management.
My boss is very supportive and is encouraging when needed but lets me do my job. I am very happy and lucky I changed jobs and found this position when I did.

They focus on customer satisfaction and patient care which is the way it should be.
This company is large enough to have good resources for their therapists and offer support from locations across the country. Therapists are able to have a good life/work balance. TPM positions vary in this balance.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay, TPM time expectations
My experience with Encore is limited to PRN position exposure in a rural area. I was thankful and pleased to work for Encore, lots of hours each week, consistent work, and pleasant staff.
Great staff to work with! Good & safe environments to work in. Working PRN Provides the opportunity to work in different work settings with different people with flexible hours.
Encore contracts out their services with various SNF's. You are pushed to pick up patients that don't need therapy and when you justify your reasons why they should not be picked up you are ridiculed and deemed "not a team player". Productivity is king and they are driven by money more than any other company I have known. The only thing that made my time there worth it was the people I was caring for and my coworkers who were very kind and compassionate. Our DOR was let go when she stood her ground over not picking up a patient because she believed it was unethical. The admin at the SNF called her manager and did not take up for our DOR but had her fired. Unbelievable. I will never recommend this company.
No growing with this company. Management is never around. Everyone does their own thing. No communication really. Manual labor and they do not care if you get hurt. They will treat you and sweep it under the rug.
Minimal training in their expectations. Lousy internet/ difficulty getting documentation completed. Hired a therapy team manager with no education and did not even meet job requirements as listed on application. She was a rehab tech directing all therapist functions.
The setting is very easy going, The other therapists are very willing to share and assist in therapy. The managers are friendly and enjoyable to work for.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encore Rehabilitation Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7