Encore Rehabilitation Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
they recently keep cancelling the shifts!!
RN (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 10, 2018
it was a very Good company but it is changed with the new owner and new staffs, they recently keep cancelling employee shifts!they don't have a regular meetings with staff and not much training
Good
COTA/L (Short Term Care Rehab services) (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MIAugust 7, 2018
PROs: Vacation hours and flexible hours

CONs: I wish therapists could get overtime and payrate should go up after so many years of you being with the company. No holiday pay is given to employees.
Pros
Vacation hours and flexible hours
Cons
No Holiday pay or raises
Only offering PRN despite hours
Registered Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2018
Good colleagues. PRN and part time benefits poor. Downgraded others to PRN in OT dept but not other departments. Computer systems bad to help keep up 87% productivity but other companies computer systems just as bad.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
No new support for upgraded productivity standards
An okay place to practice PT and friendly.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 1, 2018
Fast paced, a friendly working environment, therapists did not fully work as a team. Good Salary and benefits. A good diverse pt population and friendly colleagues. Large facility with sub-acute care, SNF, ALF/ILF - outpatient care.
Pros
Good benefits and salary, friendly staff/colleagues, a very good rehab manager, good clients and residents.
Cons
Small therapy gym, therapists did not fully work as team, wage freeze.
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 26, 2018
Every job has its ups and downs but, I wouldn't recommend working here. Poor management. Does not care about their employees. Will take advantage of you and you don't even feel appreciated. Very manipulative. Things are swept under the rug and not properly addressed.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Horrible insurance/benefits
Keep looking
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 17, 2018
I worked PRN for Encore 10-15 hours per week. Their rate of pay was 25 percent lower than other companies but I liked the location. Encore’s management are physical therapy assistants and I think this says a lot about how they reallly only care about profit not patient care., as PTAS are cheaper to employee than evaluating therapists. I also think they did not do well with identifying patients that really needed skilled intervention but rather made decisions based on quotas and target numbers. All documentation is done on laptops and there were never enough computers available that worked.
Pros
Location, nice building
Cons
Pay, management
Good experience
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 10, 2018
Encore was good experience for new graduate, however frustrating to not have a schedule and be texted for hours on same day. Would have liked more notice.
Rehab Aide
Assist the therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 7, 2018
Organize the paperwork for the therapist and the doctors. Help the resident with their paperwork. Keep everything organized per state and federal guidelines.
Pros
you learn a lot about the rehab business.
Cons
Not enough hours
Overall, Like the company
Therapy Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIJune 4, 2018
Encore gives an incredible amount of PTO and goes out of the way to provide flexible schedules and support. RVPs are outstanding. Encore has many strengths.
Stay Away
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  CTMay 28, 2018
Lowest of the low as far as any rehab company goes.
Low pay, poor exspensive benefits and the PTO is honestly a slap in the face to health care professionals
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything!
It's a Rehab contract company
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 24, 2018
With that said, rehab contract companies are all basically the same - stupid high productivity and little time to do good treatment. Encore is no different and no worse than the next rehab contract company down the road.
Pros
management
Cons
cant get full time hours
Not employee friendly
OTR (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 23, 2018
Company is looking to cut costs everywhere. No raises for employees ever. Company doesn’t want experienced therapists, hiring only new grads so they maximize profits. Managers untrustworthy. High/unrealistic productivity requirements. Poor benefits.
Pros
Minimal
PRN Job, poor connection with managers and supervising therapist
PRN Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 12, 2018
I was working PRN position for this home care job. I had to down load there charting system onto my phone. I don't feel that they pay enough for PRN PTA home care treatment visits as some other places do. I had typically 1 or 2 patients I would visit 2 times a week in the late afternoon after my full-time day job to make some extra money. The management team did try to place me with patients close to my home.
Pros
Patients to work with close to home and good for some extra cash
Cons
Communications difficulties
Exactly as the recruiter described
therapist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 30, 2018
Encore is a very good therapy company. Different than most rehab service providers where you get the feeling that patient care first is their top priority. Most companies prioritize the business side.
Pros
Team environment. Transparent management
Unprofessional.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Centerline MichiganApril 27, 2018
I arrived at work and was instructed by building administrator to assist a patient. I said I need to clock in first. I was berated by the administrator who threatened me by saying she was going to contact my regional manager. A regional manager did not have my side at all. She suspended me and investigating me. Obviously I did nothing wrong so they couldn't fire me. The administrator didn't want me back in her building so encore changed my status from full-time to contingent. I work at that building for 6 months I had three directors of therapy. For the bulk of the time I had no director of therapy however. Bad Company particularly that building is a joke. They strong-arm the therapist into putting every patient into the highest rug category regardless of Prior level of function or appropriateness.
Pros
Some of the other therapists are talented
Cons
Too many to list
poor inexperience management
Occupational Therapy Assistant/COTA (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHApril 19, 2018
terminated unrelated to job description reprimanded for explaining hippa rules to patient.ota was told at meeting attended by several homes when question company rules that in front of co workers that he was lucky to have a job there
Pros
other manager at complex was a angle
Cons
female management biased against men
Great
Full time COTA/L at Oak Pavilion (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 18, 2018
Encore is a great company to work for. They have great benefits, awesome therapist and assistance whom are very knowledgeable. I learned a lot working side by side with some great therapist.
Great group to work with
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Montrose, MIApril 17, 2018
I love the other therapists in our dept. We all get along and assist each to benefit our patients. We also have frequent contact with each other outside of work on a personal level.
Pros
fellow employees/friends
Cons
working every saturday and unable to spend time with my family
Great company! Regional VP is terrific!
Speech-Language Pathologist - Full Time (Current Employee) –  KansasApril 11, 2018
Best company I’ve worked for so far!
Only complaint is that the six major holidays aren’t paid and the number of PTO hours is much lower than with most companies, and the hours don’t roll over and they aren’t paid out either.
Everyone attempts to have a good day to avoid any mishaps or problems.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 10, 2018
Good co- workers and demonstrates team work without a tech in all aspects of job from answering phone , contacting insurance, attending care plan and ensuring cleanliness of the gym.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
unaffordable health insurance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encore Rehabilitation Services. Our community is ready to answer.