Encore Rehabilitation Services Employee Reviews

poor company to work for
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2019
very displeased with this company and its management, cut my salary 15% when they took over the department and the regional told me she prayed for me in the parking lot prior to cutting the whole departments salary. very sad situation and poor company morals
Pros
i have a job
Cons
i work for encore rehab
Good company same that they dont have more buildings in south fl
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 3, 2019
Good company same that they don't have more buildings in south fl. Good management fast paced good balance of workplace and culture with great co workers
Don't do it
Therapist (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 29, 2019
Only plus... mostly nice coworkers.Crazy that 2 year degrees ( PT assistants) manage Masters, Doctorate level employees. No PT OT or SLP Managers/ no upward career paths. Pay not competitive. Benefits boasted but not good. Insurance WAY expensive for what you get. PTO looks good but co will not let you take PTO (" sorry can't give you requested 4 HOURS because I have already used up PTO BUDGET FOR THIS MONTH, and NEXT MONTH" --WHAT???), OR " forgot " to pay out PTO...?There are other excuses, so many the person giving them forgot the previous lies they told me to put off previous requests/previously approved PTO hrs. Initially I was hired PRN, called back for a full time position that lasted only a few months and dwindled to extremely PRN because they did not attend to the needs of contract/nursing agency. To maintain a caseload I expanded my " territory" to include 3 additional counties. So, I have to agree with a previous review it is common to have 45-50 min drives between clients without pay. I have also been asked to go outside the territory I was hired for, rework my schedule to accommodate the visit, then office calls day of, to cancel " outside authorization period", " given to another therapist" ...things an organized office would know before they ever call me to take the patient...
Don't know who CEO is, Don't know names, or upper. Mgmt " ladder". Human resources "evaporated" after hire.
Pros
Other therapists and TBM ( field managers) nice.
Cons
REALLY high turnover of managers, won't give you earned PTO, low pay, too many computer applications to juggle, new payroll app redundant.
The company has poor system and unrealistic policy, has lack of support to employees, no advancement or growth.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 17, 2019
I have a worst experience in this company, they are unstable, unorganized, poor management especially in Maryland. I don’t recommend this company to anybody.
Pros
Cons
Stressful, unethetical
Lies lies lies
PT (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 6, 2019
1)$1000 deductible for health care, and that's for the best tier; expect $2000 deductible per family for the best tier; higher, if you choose lower, reasonable premiums

2)ZERO mileage reimbursement, while they try to get you to drive 45-60 min for each visit, and then pretend they didnt know how far it was or the contracted agency "switched" the referral. Expect referrals that arent in your area. Expect to drive 50 miles for 1 visit.

3) If you are a PT , Your Boss is gonna be a PTA with no room for you to advance, bc this co doesnt want to pay for managers . All the managers are PTAs; it's their business model. Recently a mgr left, and each contract was given to a PTA to manage without any increase in pay to the PTA.

4)Expect changes in policy without communicating them to staff.

5)Theyll tell you you'll have 30-35/ visits per wk when you apply (do the math, it Looks Like good money), then cant come up with more than 13-15/wk when you are working per diem, while giving a litany of excuses. Good luck paying your mortgage.
You'll have to work EVERY weekend just to get enough work, but it Still wont be enough. Expect managers to give cases to their favorites, even if they're PRN.

6)poor support, 1 day of training. Poor work-life balance.

7)you'll be working in several different EMR systems, something they dont tell you up front, so you have to get out of 1 system to see a pt in another system. You cant see your whole caseload at once.

8)poor visibility and transparency. Never met the CEO in person yet, don't even know who they are. Never met the next
  more... level in person either, in 2 years' time.

9) you'll have to BUY ALL YOUR OWN equipment, Encore does not provide clinical bags, bp cuff, scale, thermometer, pulse ox, cleanser, NOTHING.
Pros
No one stays, so you meet new co-workers with high turnover
Cons
Everything- RUN!
Good company with growth opportunites
Therapy Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 6, 2019
Over all happy with Encore, their benefits, other employees and the opportunities for advancement. Looking forward to becoming more involved with the company unfortunately there are not many TPM positions available in this area. I hope that changes soon, Encore is a good company.
Pros
Professional Growth
Cons
Challenge balancing work and life
managed by toddlers
Contract Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2018
I'm currently a contract speech therapist with Encore. I have been..impressed to say the least with the management of this company. They are extremely disorganized and communicate everything through email. Usually I like having things via email because it's written down, however it's a different thing when you're getting emails from two different people with conflicting information. They sent me the incorrect offer letter 2x, each time sending a different employee's offer letter with their salary on it. With me they were absolutely unclear about what they needed in order for me to get paid, one person said I needed to give references at some point but it wasn't required in order for the first paycheck. I was thus late giving my references, and then they claimed that they couldn't pay me on time and that they "hoped we could be amicable." It's been over a month now and I still haven't been paid. They also gave false information about when benefits began. So I've been working full time for almost two months and haven't seen a cent or gotten insured. They are inconsistent in writing back to me as well when I try to advocate for myself. The kicker is there are two other SLPs working at my facility who were contracted through a different company, despite me having more experience they are making $5,000/yr than I am. I have truly nothing good to say about them honestly.
Pros
Cons
everything
Known for low wages
Did not accept position (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 19, 2018
Encore Rehab has earned themselves a reputation for low therapy wages: Our field has been fighting for fair compensation for years and it’s important for new grads to know the value of their work. Encore has consistently offered low wages to me (and my colleagues) and will continue to do so if therapists accept those low wages. Please research your area’s hourly rates...in the Midwest the low end for PRN is $50/hr in SNF’s. Any less than that is insulting and encore will up rheir ante if we all band together.

And if they don’t...just check with another company. Most are far more competitive than that. Be smart and don’t let yourself get taken advantage of!
Pros
Unsure...have not signed on
Cons
Low wages. Significantly under industry norm
Find another employer
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Holt, MIDecember 1, 2018
The facilit I worked at, there was a big push for high treatment tome with patients that were not suited for the time and the ones that would benafot from this time did not get the time. This company has not heart for its employees and only cares about the money.
Encore is a typical Contract company, but lacks leadership
Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 30, 2018
Encore appears to be just like all the other contract Rehab companies making money off the backs of their workers with very little encouragement or support. It’s all about productivity. The staff we had was very enjoyable and experienced. The contract with mismanaged by the regional director who was kept abreast of issues by the manager on site. Nothing or not enough was done or communication had to avoid a complete meltdown of the contract. 6 staff members finding themselves without hours is unacceptable in a large 3 tiered,IL, AL, Skilled, facility.
Pros
The very experienced staff I worked with.
Cons
The management of the company and driving the facility into crisis.

Want to know more about Encore Rehabilitation Services?

Ask a question
Unstable company
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 30, 2018
No pay raises, lost a contact and left therapists empty handed, but continued to buy out other companies to stay afloat, no holiday pay or overtime. Very money driven instead of focused on quality of care. All about quantity
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No raises, holiday pay, not consistent with hours per week
n/a
Therapy Program Manager /PTA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 26, 2018
I do not want to leave a review . Encore was a good company but the pay rates for the area i worked in was not competitive . If they would raise their rates they would have more therapist apply.
All about making money and no concern for the patients.
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OHNovember 22, 2018
This company is truly money-driven. Was hired on with them and then our building was taken over by another company. I made a switch to better my career and then they took over the new company. Already feeling the effects of encores Wrath. Only concerned about what they can get from their employees and no true concern for the Health and Welfare of their employee. Continuous bullying and pushing for-profit only.
Pros
Got nothing
Cons
Constant stress and bullying no matter how unethical.
Review
Therapy Program Manager/SLP (Current Employee) –  Willard, OHNovember 17, 2018
Long term care employment with physical, occupational, and speech language therapy services provided in a variety of locations throughout north eastern Ohio.
Unethical
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  MichiganNovember 4, 2018
Greedy company, out for profits only. They take advantage of employees and the elderly. I do NOT recommend working for Encore. Many demands with little to no rewards.
Pros
No pros for the company
Cons
Pressure from management to maximize profits. No raises in over 5 years, poor benefits.
Encore is a great place to work and the rehab team works well together.
PTA/PRN (Current Employee) –  Folkston, GA, Homerville,GaNovember 1, 2018
Encore is a great place to work and if I ever have a question there is always someone who can answer it for me. The management is very approachable and I am always able to get an answer to a question.
Good work environment
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJNovember 1, 2018
Collaborated well with my work schedule , supportive manager, helpful co-workers, competitive salary , good work environment, realistic patient load, many opportunities for work for per diem due to large number of locations
Pros
Many locations
Great Company
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 31, 2018
I really enjoy working for them. As a per diem staff they treat me well, and are honest in availability of offerings. The facilities I services are clean and friendly as well.
Worked via contract with Encore in multiple settings w/ good rapport established.
Physical Therapist-Contract (Current Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GASeptember 6, 2018
I have been on multiple travel assignment with Encore Rehab services in at least 5 locations with good experiences in interacting with staff. Though contract, I feel like I have established a long standing professional relationship with excellent employees.
Overall a good company
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 1, 2018
Benefits are expensive and rules are never really set in stone and can be contradicted by higher ups. Overall a good company, PTO is pretty good.
I enjoy my job overall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encore Rehabilitation Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9