Encore Vet Group

Working at Encore Vet Group: 14 Reviews

United States14 reviews

Awesome culture and benefits!

Encore offers so many great resources and support while still allowing us to be who we want to be and make our own decisions as a local vet practice serving our community. Awesome company to work for! :)

Fun, engaging work environment

The work was easy to learn and manage. I worked with a very supportive team and received constructive feedback every month. The training was great both hands on and virtually. I was very happy to accept the position though the pay was lower than expected. The benefits were great. I was very unhappy when they let me go after only a few months because the business location was not doing well and they needed to cut payroll.

Pros

Supportive co-workers, great benefits, flexible time off

Cons

low pay, no loyalty, it's all about revenue, personnel and customers are secondary

Encore Vet Group insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things

Embrace your future with confidence

Our founders started with a simple idea: a veterinary community where people could be themselves without the drama of red tape. From there, it grew into a group of unique practices that keep the pets in their neighborhoods happy and healthy, just as they set out to do years before. Together we created something that is changing the profession. A future with Encore is about being your unique self, seizing new opportunities, building meaningful relationships, and being a force of good in the world of veterinary medicine.Every day I get to work for Encore is another day where I can live out my purpose, making lives better for our community. My colleagues at work are also my friends who I trust and admire. There are endless opportunities for growth and advancement. I've learned so much through my relationships alone. I am constantly surrounded by inspiring people who make me feel valued. I know my future is bright with Encore and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Fun workplace, Like one big family

I have never worked for a company that immediately made me feel included. At most jobs there's the award first few days except at Encore that never happened everyone was so welcoming and is so helpful. They immediately make you feel like family. The company truly cares about your growth as well as your thoughts on process improvements You really feel like your voice can be heard. I have never been more proud to work for a company both because of what they do but also the culture they have!

Encore cares about YOU!

I’ve been so impressed with this company since day 1. Everyone is incredibly genuine, and I feel supported to be myself while doing the things I love! I am always surrounded by an informed and passionate team that is infectiously energized every day to think things better than they were the day before. Encore really strives to grow leaders and provides you what you need to have purposeful growth opportunities for yourself and your career. I can’t imagine working for better people!

Pros

Education Opportunities, Leadership Opportunities, Great Benefits

It feels like a big family. I love working for Encore.

Encore to me feels like a big family. Sometimes at jobs you feel like you're just a number and no one knows or cares who you are and that is not the way Encore makes you feel. I am constantly empowered to improve and to help those I work with improve and grow and I love that. Encore Vet Group is a great place to work!

Have you ever worked for a company with true vision?

Encore is a fantastic place to work! With 25 years in my field, it is easily the best company I've worked for - by a mile. Every member of this family is extraordinarily bright, helpful, respectful, and engaging. The leadership has a pure vision, perfectly communicated with infectious clarity and wisdom. I'm helping us achieve that vision, and the entire team makes sure that I know I am appreciated. There is no replacement for the joy you get from working under smart managers who clearly care about you. I feel lucky and honored to have found Encore and to have been given the opportunity to contribute my talent. If you ever get a chance to work with us, don't hesitate!

Pros

Work from home if desired, Direct access to all levels of management

Productive, innovative, growing, and Positive Culture

It is a pleasure to work with management who is more than willing to help you grow while encouraging innovative thoughts. Very happy to work with such a positive, inclusive, and intelligent team at the home office. Most importantly, the hospital teams throughout Encore are amazing in what they do every day for the quality of pet care in this industry.

Pros

Team Building, Continuing Ed., Great Home office and Field Team

Encore puts people first!

I applaud what Encore stands for and the values they place on employees. I personally have been able to learn and grow in my position with guidance from the Encore Team. But my entire staff has developed meaningful core values and a work culture that inspires empowerment and compassion. Encore really does put people first!

Pros

Work/life balance, benefit packages, growth potential

Excellent company with incredible culture

After our practice was purchased, I was initially concerned that it would create a lot of change in the way we practice medicine at our practices or that our culture would be impacted. Instead, we were greeted with welcome arms into a culture of diversity, inclusion, respect, and a strong team mentality. Encore has offered our veterinary practice the best of both worlds... corporate support, stability, and strength with the room to be an individual practice with our own flair. The corporate part of the business is in the background, while the quality medicine takes the front seat. In addition, the company cares about each practice and knows the teams on a first name basis. Team members at each practice are given advancement opportunities. Each practice is encouraged to collaborate to make us all stronger. As a hospital administrator, I feel that I am fully supported in my role and encouraged to grow myself and my team. My experience has been nothing but positive.

Pros

Love it all.

Cons

None.

Great organizational culture!

Encore has been a tremendously rewarding employment experience for me! I have been offered the freedom and flexibility to contribute in several areas and make meaningful changes to help drive the organization forward in support of our larger mission. I am proud to be part of this company and work with a great group of colleagues!

Truly great company

The practice where I have been an associate veterinarian was purchased by Encore about a year and a half ago when the owner of the practice was planning to retire. I was concerned initially because the promises made by the company seemed too good to be true. They have been true to their word, however, and I could not hope to work for a better company.

Pros

Great training and support

Great culture and great people!

Every day is different at Encore. We have a blast working together to accomplish goals and we even get to bring our pets to work. We have great productive meetings and enjoy working with each other. This company puts people first and encourages you to take care of yourself and your family. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else! I

Never been happier!

Two words make all the difference in the world: Culture and leadership! And Encore has the best of both! :) Encore Vet Group is a company with amazing vision and a collaborative work environment. We are all 100% focused on doing the best we possibly can to support our practices in a way that is meaningful and helpful to them.

Common questions about Encore Vet Group

Answered by current and former employees at Encore Vet Group

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encore Vet Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Encore Vet Group in popular locations

• Encore Vet Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?