Encore Wellness

Working at Encore Wellness: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Gym/PT combination facility, OP geriatrics, PT/tech set up, good salary.

Very niche setting working with Medicare replacement plan patients, aka geriatrics. Pay was top end for OP Ortho based rates, benefits are average at best. High rate for health insurance, no matching 401k, education reimbursement package is below market average, PTO policy is average. Patients in this setting are generally amazing, the coworkers I worked with were generally pleasant, however management is the real issue here. All top players in the company are non-clinical and have NEVER been clinicians. As you can expect, that leads to a serious disconnect and a lot of easily avoidable frustrations. Little advancement available (if any) unless you can outlast other employees; this is particularly true for the physical therapists. Lastly, this company is based in California and if your location isn't in California, prepare to feel like the last kid picked at recess regarding support from management, timeliness of receiving supplies and communication , limited coverage options, oh and no FMLA. Great pay, great patients, but do your research before you dive in; if it looks too good to be true, it might be.

Love it

I really enjoyed working with them it sucks that was only temp job but they were very understanding if anything came up. Really love the people that train you because they are so good

Pros

The personal

Encore Wellness insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Free gym use

Worked for the company for about two years and it was definitely an eye opening experience. Loved the clients and the overall mission of the company. Working with corporate and management was unprofessional and negative. Constantly pushing teamwork but you were really expected to complete everything yourself without assistance, even if you ask. Would not suggest as a permanent placement job. Everyone ended up leaving or getting laid off. Learned a lot about what I didn’t want from future employers.

Pros

Decent clients, free use of the gym during operating hours, Knowledge of general Physical therapy practices and general fitness

Cons

Unprofessional management!

Loved the patients. The management was MIA when needed.

Loved working with the patients but the management was very male driven and very caustic. The patients as a whole were very appreciative and enjoyed not having to worry about insurance issues. There is no one upper management physical therapist in charge. The management doesn’t have any medical background and when you need assistance there is none. There was also the issue of therapist safety during COVID. It took 10 months for them to implement any safety procedures.

Great place

I love working at EW. Lots of room for advancement, if you put in the effort. Pay is ok, but could always be better. Management does a great job, if you communicate with them!!! If not, then they do not know something is wrong!

Pros

never have to worry about getting all of your hours

Horrible

I would not recommend anyone to to work here. The amount of work you do for the amount pay is not equivalent. They will have you doing more than the job description. There is not much room for any advancement or promotions. The management is horrible at responding back to any concerns. Everyone staff here gossip even if you stay to yourself and mind your business. A lot of members are leaving the company due to many issues and concerns. I do not recommend working here. Pros: Good benefits!

Great place to learn and gain knowledge

Was an awesome experience for the most part. Learned a lot about time management. Leading groups of people, management duties. Lower pay than would be expected for requiring a B.S degree, but can get decent raises if you perform well.

Pros

Easy and relaxed environment

Cons

Asks for a lot for the pay

Great entry level wellness career

Wonderful purpose and management. If you're looking to enter a company you can stay with. Great team culture here in Tucson for sure. Vibrant and positive.

Pros

Everything, best boss

Cons

Pay

enjoyable atmosphere and good compensation package benefits ect. The managment team is great and the scheduleing staff work very hard to manage patient caseloads.

Great first job in fitness

I absolutely love the work we do helping seniors improve their health. They have awesome stories and it is like being with my grandparents every day. I like the set hours, no evening or weekend work. Plus three weeks of paid time off.

Wellness Coach

The concept for Encore Wellness makes great sense but execution is another issue. As a Wellness Coach, you are micromanaged cross country to not only teach between 5-6 senior exercise classes per day but also run monthly recreational activities such a BINGO, potluck, karaoke, and lunch n' learns. In essence, you are getting paid to do the job of 2 roles. Also the work/life balance is poor as their is no PRN coaches available to xover vacations, being sick, etc. I got burned out and ledt.

Productive and fun work place

The most enjoyable part about my job were my co-worker. The physical Therapist were fantastic and very knowledgeable. The hardest part about the job is the patient load. There can be up to 5 patients an hour, so it is very fast paced and stressful at times.

Relaxed environment and fun work place

I enjoyed my time here. My coworkers were fun to work with and the patients are a joy. It was fairly past paced but made the day go by quickly. I would definitely work here again.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Part-time hours

Good Starting job for health and fitness

A good starting job for a person looking for a Monday through Friday job that enjoys fitness and wants to motivate patients to exercise and practice a healthy lifestyle. While employed I have learned to communicate well with patients and develop programs for people of different abilities. Time management is the most difficult part of this position.

Pros

PTO and benefits, good schedule

Cons

small raises

Was not a fun place to work at

Managed care environment demanding a balance of quality with quantity. 5-6 units to be covered every hour, lacking quality/patient attention/patient satisfaction.

Pros

Good exposure to fitness with pneumatic machines for geriatric population

Cons

Place of work controlled by Front office Clerk

Common questions about Encore Wellness

Answered by current and former employees at Encore Wellness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encore Wellness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits