Endurance International Group Employee Reviews

I would not recommend working for this company
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 2, 2018
When i started we we're in a different location, it was fun and exciting. But when the focus was made mainly on sales rather than correcting the issues that customers were calling in about it made it difficult to deliver high level customer service. Policy changes also were dropped on without proper announcement.
Pros
Working with websites and learning about web hosting
Cons
Working for a company that focused more on sales than actually resolving issues.
Good Training and Rewards
Bluehost Web Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 28, 2018
With Excellent work performance you can win prizes, day was very busy. training was good learn something new every day
hardest part when there is a call queue
Alright Place to work
Web Adviser blue host (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 25, 2018
The work environment is pretty laid back at times and the co-workers are easy to get along with. The reason that my rating is so low is because the management is horrendous. half the time they don't know what they are doing and what the proper procedure is. HR doesn't take responsibility for their management and likes to sweep "incidents" under the rug. Bluehost can be pretty hectic and the training barely covers the basics, you have to learn fast while on the job. They promise you all these growth opportunities but all just a front. I applied to multiple positions and got rejected for all of them even though im doing very well in the department. when I asked for feedback on what I could improve so I can get positions they kept saying they would email me and yet they never did. I've talked to several people who've worked there a long time and from what I can gather the company is really shady. They sell services that dont really do what they say they do and have multiple brands that do the exact same thing but under different names
Pros
Good Pay, Free Meals, free beer
Cons
HR is a joke, Managers are a joke, shady business tactics, lies to customers, many more that I can't get into
Ok place to work
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 17, 2018
Work life balance is not great as they prefer you work in the office and they dont offer flexible schedules. The management also lacks time management skills.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays
Cons
Lack of flexible scheduling
Great place to Grow
Senior Manager - Support Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2018
I worked at Endurance for almost 4 years, and really loved my time there. I met many great people and grew a lot. Its a corporation but makes a good effort to feel like a startup, within reason.

They pay about middle of the road but provide a pretty good work environment, and excellent benefits. A lot of tech companies offer "100% paid healthcare and 50% for spouse" but you will end up paying more for less at those places than what Endurance offers - speaking from experience.

Overall I believe Endurance is a great place to work, not perfect, and has the right people leading the company now, on almost all levels.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great Benefits, Set Schedule for most people, Office Events, Lots of Training opportunities
Cons
Corporate environment, very large staff so it can be hard to move up for some, not enough advancement opportunities in Houston
It was a great experience.
Advanced Web Hosting Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 3, 2018
I met great people and made good friends here. You can go far without a degree if you're willing to put in personal time and effort to learn and help customers and fellow employees. Things seems to start to change before I left though. All of a sudden our managers seemed to start pushing really hard for us to make our stats and leads and less push to help the customer. I was worried the culture might not be what it used to be. I only think they were pushing so hard because their managers were pushing them. It just created a little bit of a corporate feel. Which is what I expected at my old job (at a bank) but not from an internet web hosting company. The perks are great though; free food, raffles for things like gift cards, TV's, Bluetooth speakers, etc. The pay and benefits are great as well!
Pros
People, perks, and (for now) culture
Great Place to Work!
Web Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 25, 2018
As long as you do what you are supposed to do, you should be fine! Great culture and everyone is easy to get along with :) you wont regret applying. Its great!
Pros
free lunches on thursday, fruit tuesdays, great break rooms, games and tvs, random raffles, cool people
Cons
sometimes meeting your monthly goals can be challenging, thats about it folks
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 12, 2018
I don't really care, just go get hired by them and find out for yourself. GREAT Place, loved it, we all loved it, I thought it was a super chill place to work at.
Good culture, disorganized and chaotic
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 10, 2018
I loved my time at Endurance. The culture was great in my department (SBC), can't speak about other departments, however.

Management has no idea what direction they're going. Upper management changes so often that most policies are half-implemented. This gives the opportunity to get things done at the local level even if you're just a rep on the floor, and lends to flexibility, although the lack of unification means the 'left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.' This is unfortunately something even the customers pick up on.

In short, decent company to work for, but has a long way to go.
Pros
Flexible, good culture
Cons
Disorganized, inconsistent and chaotic
Not a tech job
Web Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 28, 2018
If you want a tech job, stay clear. They don't want you to know anything and prefer you know less and sell more. Good pay and benefits but you're expendable, customer base doesn't know anything and they lie about helping you get where you need to be.
Pros
decent pay/benefits
Cons
Management is terrible, advancement for those they "like"
Amazing place to work
CCNA Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 20, 2018
When I started and before I left things were great and the benefits were unparalleled. Management was great, the direction they were going was good but suddenly it all changed. Network manager had to leave and the new manager was so bad he hardly worked and wanted to fire everyone so 9 of us left in a period of 3 months because of him. Some changes took place for the best and I hear it is extremely good to work there again. new Management all over the place, and new direction with better benefits.
Productive and Challenging
Web advisor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 6, 2018
A typical day at work consists of taking technical support phone calls. Important to be organized and knowledgeable. The benefits are good and employees are friendly..
Pros
Free lunches
Always Changing
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 5, 2018
The company is in a constant state of flux. It's hard to know what will be important one day to the next. Key advances are cut for pet projects. There is a feel of "my gut is telling me" rather than finding out for sure. Always a revolving door of new management.
Avoid this company
Employee (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 1, 2018
I would avoid working for EIG unless you have no other options. Salaries are lower than average and job security is non existent. Any opportunities for advancement will be opened elsewhere and not in Utah.
Overall an okay place
Customer Service Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMay 31, 2018
What I got hired to do and what I was expected to do did not line up, communication was very lacking in the company, so many changes were being made and multiple CEO's were in place in the short amount of time that I was there. Jobs were threatened because of lack of ability to recommend upselling to customers and limited training for recommendations was in place for current employees. The overall environment was fun and the benefits are great. Pay starts decent with raises in six months. With a few changes and a little more consistency throughout the company, it would be a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Fun environment, benefits, incentives to succeed
Cons
lack of communication, no follow through with things being said, many upper management changes
Amazing Culture!
Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 21, 2018
I have so much fun. It's a true work hard, play hard organization. While management solicits feedback, sometimes you do not feel heard. Experience from the outside does not always matter, you need to have the right attitude.
Pros
Free food, fun environment
Cons
Revolving door
Endurance is okay for a temp position
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 18, 2018
The management at this company isn't the greatest. They would sooner fire an entire team than take the blame for management being the problem. Managers never last very long, and upper management is even worse. They try to drive work life balance and good culture, but fail miserably. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone unless you need a temp solution to pay the bills. This is not the place for a long, or even short term career.
Pros
Free ens of month lunch and Thursday snacks.
Cons
Bad managent, micro managing, poor work life balance.
Fun place to work, with a poor feedback system.
Linux Administrator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2018
Endurance is a great company to work for. The culture has grown immensely since my time here, and now I would even say I feel proud to be part of the Endurance family. The only problem that I have is that they do not have a great feedback system. I feel as though I am doing well at my job, however there is no one who has the ability to look at my my work and to provide feedback for improvement.
Pros
Ping pong and other games in the break rooms
Cons
Poor feedback system
Cool for a first job!
Inbound Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 10, 2018
This is a job in its most literal definition. I also doesn't have much of a company culture. If you are looking for a career in management this company may be for you. There very simple jobs, however also very high volume. Everything is dictated by polotics of management, so don't be surprised if something changes out of the blue. Management did not know nearly enough information to educated their employees, which gave away the politics in career advancement. The schedules are very tight, leaves room for no work/life balance or "one off" cases. Building was decent, security was very careless, and the cafe was 2x any resturant in the area. Overall, im glad it was my first "tech" industry job, because I did a great deal of self educating thoughout my time working here.
Pros
Free Wednesday Lunch, Benefits
Cons
Management, Company Culture
A productive environment with good collaboration
Principal Perl Developer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 29, 2018
I learned a lot at this company. It was a fast pace, and there could have been more onboarding supplied, but the people were technically very sharp and always willing to help (when time permitted).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Endurance International Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight