Energy Center - Manhattan Pool logo

Energy Center - Manhattan Pool insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

lts to learn

very diverce place to work. knowledge of pools along with fire places can get you very far at this place. the construction of pools here is a nice atmosphere.

A Wildcard

Experiences can very greatly. Favoritism plays a big role not only in treatment but in training and raise opportunities. For some, this might possibly be the best place to work, for others it'll leave you feeling ostrasized. Most of the managers know what they are doing, however it is entirely possible you will get lectured on how to do your job by someone who has no direct experience in it. Work culture has a bit to be desired, especially if you're not a part of the "in crowd," and can lead to uncomfortable situations.

Pros

Flexible scheduling, owners work close to the ground, typically good coworkers

Cons

High turnover, favoritism, culture

Official response from Energy Center - Manhattan Pool

March 29, 2021
Thank you for taking a moment to leave a review. Unfortunately letting someone go at any point is difficult to do and frequently no reflection of the individuals friendliness, but of their work ethic. We try to treat each individual fairly, but we do expect reciprocation in how they treat coworkers and management. Disregard for policies, not able to develop technically or not helping other team members when ones work is completed is not so much favoritism, but the culture we are trying to instill in all personnel who work for us. Obviously you are disappointed that you were relieved from your position, but I believe the longevity of many of our personnel is a testimony to the culture created. Yes, we do have high expectations for our personnel and I am sorry that you were not able to meet those expectations.

A great and friendly work environment

I worked for Energy Center-Manhattan Pool for 6 weeks and unfortunately had to relocate for personal reasons. This company was a pleasure to work for. Daily tasks and strict deadlines made the day to day exciting and reaching these goals gave me a sense of accomplishment. The management was very helpful and the owners Kimberly and Brian were very friendly and communicate well. Highly recommend Energy Center-Manhattan Pool.

Not a good place to work

Over worked under paid. The customers needs are more important than employees well being. You spend more time fixing old broken tools and equipment than you do the products the company sells. No organization, no sense of time management, and favoritism plays a huge factor on compensation increases, rather than productivity.

Pros

Plenty of over time

Cons

Everything else

Official response from Energy Center - Manhattan Pool

July 30, 2019
Energy Center – Manhattan Pool has a company culture of the customer comes first as it is a part of our core values that any new hire receives a copy of on their first day of hire. Part of our mission statement includes training our employees to be successful. The more training an employee receives and the more technically challenging job they can successfully handle dictates pay increases. There are times preventative maintenance is required on equipment, and technicians are paid for making those minor repairs at the same rate as if they were helping a customer. More frequently our technicians are committed to servicing customers calls and the maintenance work on our own equipment is outsourced.

great company

Family owned medium sized business that works for pools, spas and fireplaces. Great company in Manhattan KS. Always something to do and conveniently located. Enjoyed working with the employees and customers

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Growing company with growing employees

It was nice to be able to sit in the office but also help customers on the floor and work upstairs in inventory. I had the option to move around and enjoy my time doing more than one thing. The company sold pools, fireplaces and hot tubs. Learning about the differences in each one was interesting and being able to sell them was fun.

Rough place to work for my personality, not enjoyable typically

It was nice to have a job here but I don't regret leaving due to culture of other technicians. High turnover, day-to-day was redundant, and not a whole lot to look forward to, in my opinion.

Pros

working at nice houses (sometimes)

Cons

culture/values of technicians, work with old equipment

Jobs at Energy Center - Manhattan Pool