Energy Dispatch Employee Reviews

Are you looking to apply to this company?
FUEL TANK TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2019
Let me say, this is just my experience in the time i was there, someone else experience can be totally different, you will come at 1-2am or 1-2pm, 12h shift, they says they guarantee $200 a day but, if you make $180 one day you will make $220 next day to complete the day before so, not $200 a day, just a $1000 a week if you work 5 days, if you work 4 days is what you make, forget about guarantee.

When dispatch was in the office everything was ok but when central dispatch took over, everything went down, not for the company, for drivers, the company is happy while the numbers coming in are biggest that the ones coming out so, they dont care about drivers, you will work 12+ to make $200 because the wait at terminals, or non sense load combinations, that make you loose time and no one will pay you that time, yard management dont have any power over central dispatch, when you complain about something or you just talk about drivers issues, they will say "ok i'll let corporate know' and you'll never hear about it.

Benefits, are a joke, whatever cross thru your mind that is.

Bonuses: they are good they give what they call retention bonus, $1000-tax=$750 a year, $300 or $500 a month "cant remember right now" less taxes but is money, is good, BUT the monthly bonus is conditioned, the cameras and others sensors will say if you will have the bonus or not

Cameras: dont worry about them, just do what you need to do and paint attention to the road for your own safety

Meetings: not bad, they bring food and drinks, funny video about people cough in cameras doing stupid staff
  more... and people doing a great job

Management: the company have to make a big change on that, because they dont represent you and they will not fight for the drivers, thy just there to do what corporate says, dont put pressure on them, but yes, they need a change in management a big one.

First Job? if this is your first job, is good, just go and learn all you can so you can move on later, but dont mess up or you will pay for every single error you make, good company? YES for new drivers, and stay away from others drivers, they snitch each other and weepers

note: this was my experience, may vary with others drivers
Good Luck....
Pros
stores in and out, easy job
Cons
management, schedule
A good company with poor pay
Driver (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 5, 2019
A really good company with very poor line haul pay. And their hourly rate of pay is stuck in the 1990's. Drivers are micro managed via cameras and gps. They have a decent monthly safety bonus program but it is basically money that should be included in line haul but the company makes it conditional to camera scores and gps data. They chip the bonus away depending on scores. The retention bonus is ok once you get past year 7 if you don't starve to death from low pay first. The micro managers have no real world experience hauling fuel and expect top notch professionals driving their equipment for very low pay. The common carrier drivers who help haul their stores make more delivering Racetrac then the company drivers. They are a great group of people but they just don't pay enough.
Pros
Insurance is great. Anual dinner is ok.
Cons
Very low pay scale. Expect too much from drivers for the pay.
Safety,
Fuel Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2019
Energy dispatch is a dictatorship. Upper management full bs there wright about everything. If you work for this company use them to get your cards and leave.
Pros
Cons
This place sucks
Pretty outside, ugly inside
Tank Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 28, 2018
For working 60+ hours per week at lowest rate in fuel industry and being micromanaged every move you make by cameras inside and outside the trucks, on the tanks, with a list of things they don't want you to do... Basically you become a ROBOT.

Just watch the High Turnover. You will never see the same drivers every year. Just gets worse and worse.
Pros
Free soda LOL
Cons
Cameras monitoring every move you make and use against you
Family oriented willing to go above and beyond in training
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2018
Great people very helpful. decent equipment always willing to help and work with you especially in job-related matters. currently, their pay scale in the industry is too low. and I'm not sure if corporate is concerned.
Pros
Great people decent equipment very helpful
Cons
pay scale too low
The environment in this industry is toxic as the fuel you deliver
Ex- Fuel Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2018
Upper management was descent to me always handled most issues professionally. While a owned by Racetrac/Raceway you get the feeling you work for a different company as everything is duplicated and as a newbie you can get easily lost in the shuffle. It's one of the few companies that deliver only to one store chain. The stores are newer so easier to get into and out of.
If you are an O/O or use to the OTR life this will be a step down in pay and respect for your fellow driver in most cases. The company hemorrhages drivers for just and unjust reasons. If you have childsupport please stay away with the 5/2, 5/3 work schedule you'll get alot of 4 day paychecks and while they guarantee the minimum of 200 a day there are stipulations. You're looking at 600-700 a week after taxes and insurance in most weeks. There are some financial advantages during service emergencies where you're at a 300 a day minimum cap. However, only last about 2 weeks then back to the grind. Tough shift if you have a young family. You may sleep in your own bed but it will be alone in most cases. You do have an opportunity to have weekends off every 3 months. A great company for someone looking to get experience in the industry. Please don't try and make friends here... no body is your friend. Probably one of the most toxic environments I've ever worked. Cameras in truck watching your every move, There a few that contend if your not doing anythinh why should the cameras bother you. Well review the safety record of the company before and after company installed them... accidents incidents increased not decreased.You
  more... can get written up for appearing sleepy but also for calling out if you're tired too many times. Good health was not designed for these shift. lol Don't touch anything while driving it only takes 2 warnings to get you terminated. Terminal operators are gods. You have to get card at probably 5 locations @ a minimum and update that and port cards yearly. You get a few reminders but the process is a major inconvenience. Truly thought the pay would be better and local work would improve family time... I actually saw family more in OTR with better pay.  less
Pros
Service emergency pay opportunities, Larger stores
Cons
Upper management has very limited power over what happens. No unity, Just cliques of driver's. Alot of whiners.
Lowest pay ever
Fuel Driver (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXJuly 22, 2018
Load pay rates super low

working 12 hrs a day for nothing

They dont really care about drivers anymore

A lot of fake 5 star reviews here

Dispatch out of state and sucks
Pros
free soda
Cons
Lowest pay ever, working 12 hrs a day for nothing, worst disptach ever
Stressful place to work because of insecure management this why they can't keep any drivers
Fuel Hauler (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 22, 2018
Management gets all the good loads with over-time, and there so afraid some other driver will take there job that they run drivers off. It could be a GREAT job if there was a management change.Also they run out of fuel allocation at night/ therefore drivers on P.M. shift make little money because its pay is by the load.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
No allocation for fuel on night shift
Great place to work!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2018
Great place to work! It has a great family atmosphere. Management is easy going. Good pay and great bonuses. Good benefits and 401k!
Retention bonuses and monthly safety bonuses!
Pros
bonuses
Cons
I really like the guys I work with.
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2018
I have worked at energy dispatch for over 4 years and it definitely has a family atmosphere, the money and benefits are good and the equipment is top notch.
Pros
bonuses, family atmosphere, they take care of me
Work As A Driver For 4 1/2 Years
Hazmat Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2018
Depends on the route you are running, you will not get all the loads in because of the way the gas is bought by the corporate office. That means you run all over Atlanta, Georgia trying to pick up a load. Then you are talked about in the morning as to why you couldn't make that store or split that load of tank of Gas. Management sucks terrible, they were all one ethnic group in one sector and another ethnic group in the other. I have seen many drivers ladies and men of come and go, Some were very gifted and smart but because of the constant level of poor leadership. folks left. You may make friends but trust me they are all out for themselves and what's best for "Their Company" I have seen folks get written up for the stupidest things. You are hauling Gas or diesel around in a 9200 gallon tank. Trust me you will never get paid enough for what you haul with them as a company driver. If you have your own truck then find a company that you can lease it out to.It would be a blessing to you than to become a company driver with these guys. Team leaders that has been over the team assigning loads for years, I have seen them get busted down to regular drivers because of stupid things that just didn't make sense. You better be a perfect driver also because if you get into accident you're are gone I seen them get fired for a few stretches from a tree branch on the plastic tape saying Race Trac on the tanks. Then you may have a sorry team leader who stays in the office that will not get into a extra truck to help you on a route they planned for you.I have seen it all the good and the  more... bad. Find some place else than this company...The management of this company get crazy bonuses on how they market makes money. So please know if you are not producing at that low rate they are paying you, you are replaced by someone else. I can say more but that's enough for now and i hope it helps someone to make the right decision  less
Pros
Free T shirts, key rings, a Christmas party where they pass out polo shirt with Energy dispatch name on them
Cons
Less Pay, Over work you, You will have a camera in the truck
Steady work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 24, 2018
I currently work energy dispatch, management and team leaders do there best to help drivers. But we are only guaranteed 200 a day for hauling fuel. We start at 0145 and are expected to work 11 hours but by 11am we can't do anymore deliveries cause we need to be back in time for second shift. So you lose out on 50 bucks on your performance bonus.
Pros
Excellent food at safety meeting
Cons
Not enough pay for a dangerous job.
Good job just watch your back.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2017
Overall a good job but the safety department makes some bad calls when it comes to incidents. The company advertises a great safety bonus program but will pull the bonus for the smallest infraction. Even if it means making a questionable call on being preventable. You have to thoroughly and rigorously inspect your equipment before you begin your shift to make sure the last driver didn't tear something up and failed to report it. I mean every little scratch and ding has to be reported. If you miss it on pre trip then by company policy you own it. They write you up for it and pull all or half of your bonus. But they appreciate you :/
Pros
Free stuff in the stores
Cons
Safety is clueless
good working
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2017
this is a good job for the most part. its hurry up and wait. would load and deliver gas/diesel to racetrac stores. its a stressful job most of the time is spent waiting
Pros
good equipment
Cons
stressful
Fun guys to work with
Fuel Hauler (Former Employee) –  TxJuly 28, 2017
Manager was awesome to work for , friendly group of guys , everyone gets along . Not enough pay for the corporate managers to mess things up with dispatcher
Pros
Good group of guys
Cons
Pay isn't worth a darn for being central dispatched from Atlanta
enjoyable place
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2017
Loading and unloading fuel to different raceway locations. Doing daily inspections of truck and keep a log and making sure all forms is filled out correctly.
Good people to work with, Managment usually doesn't micromanage.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 12, 2017
I like them apparently I have been there for almost eight years.They have top of the line equipment.They take care of the drivers ,almost treating us as if we are family.
Pros
Great equipment, retention bonus
Strong company that cares about their drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 10, 2017
They always have work, I have worked for other fuel companies and when the slow season hit the loads were not there, the general feel is that drivers are important to the company, any issue I have they take care of it, if your looking for a place to work this is a solid choice.
Pros
Food discounts at the stores, good equipment, free fruit
Good company to work for.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 19, 2017
This is a good place to work, it feels like family when I come to work with the other drivers, nobody has a chip on there shoulder, all the managers are helpful if you have a issue. We have new equipment and they will make sure they get everything repaired when it needs it.
The job is easy, you come in and get your loads do them and go home, nobody messes with you. The money is here if just come in and do your job.
I have been here 5 years now and I get a yearly retention bonus of $3,000 and 3 weeks vacation, they have a quarterly bonus that is $3000 per year and its easy to get.
Pros
Free Coffee and Fuit Retention Bonus
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXMarch 24, 2017
Learned a great amount of info about gasoline industry. A typical day is at least 12 hours long. Insurance benefits are not as good as I have had with previous employers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Energy Dispatch. Our community is ready to answer.