Energy Future Holdings Employee Reviews

Great Company with Employee Focus
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 4, 2018
TXU Energy cares about it's people, which helps drive the great company performance. The company culture has improved tremendously over the last 10 years, becoming more fun-natured and less of a traditional Utility feel. Benefits are generally very good. Executive leadership is almost universally trusted and respected.
Pros
Focus on constant improvement
Cons
Favoritism exists
Office of the CEO
Mgr Reponse Team for CEO (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 8, 2018
Excellent management when I was there. Director was informative, approachable and respectful.
I enjoyed my time there and the job was challenging but fun.
Pros
Respect for individuals
Cons
Promoted from within
Loved it
Internship (Martin Lake Power Plant) (Former Employee) –  Tatum, TXMay 8, 2018
I went through the Power Track program and worked at Martin Lake as an intern. It was an overall great experience. I met a lot of great people and learned a lot about power generation.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
They were going through bankruptcy when I was in the job market
This was a fun and competitive place to work.
Issues Resolution Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2018
Working here helped me to develop many skills in leadership, communication and self perseverance. It was a fun environment and tgey made you want to work hard and succeed in whatever you did. I really miss working for this company.
Pros
Competitive
Cons
Too far from home and childcare.
Goal achieving, fun company.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Energy Future Holdings, they offered good benefits, good working environment, fun playroom and T.V. rooms for employees to unwind on their breaks or lunch. I participated in10 of the 15 5k runs they sponsored per year, which makes you feel great about participating in. Six Flags, top golf outings and Christmas events were enjoyable for myself and family. I don't need all these things to become a great employee of your company, but It did make you feel appreciated for your efforts.
Pros
Company events
Cons
5 k runs were reduced year to year
Good Company
Operational Technology Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2018
This information is not necessary for me to find another job. I do not wish to share information that is not needed. I don't know what you do with this info and do not wish to share.
Very stressful
Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tatum, TXApril 13, 2018
A lot of responsibilities for less people all the time. Very few opportunities to move up. Recent merger with another company put employees at risk due to layoffs.
no review
Senior Network Architect, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2018
I am not ready to provide a review on my previous employer at this time. I would like to take time to reflect on my time with the organization and provide a fair appraisal.
i did not work for this company
Technical Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 9, 2018
I retired from the company that was TXU and later became Energy Future holdings. I did not work for this company. This is all I can tell you. I have nothing else that I can tell you.
TXU was a very good company to work for. Everyone was great to work with and the management was easy to work with, We were given directions towards the company goals and they let us do our jobs.
blank
Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2018
I have no words for being a door to door sales man I fell as though they are under paid I don't think very fund of the job and honestly for all the ppl we talk to doors slammed in our face everything is based of sales unacceptable
very good middle mgt.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 26, 2018
40 hour work week; worked out of home; complied a list of people to call on and things to do; large central Texas area to cover; had over 300 active accounts plus responsible for pioneering new accounts and acquisition of new accounts; Experienced with working on Ipads and Surface...5 years experience in Sales Force...
Hardest part of the job was Sales Force
Enjoyed working from home and the day travel...
I have years of sales experience and great work ethic to be able to generate sales without a great deal of hand holding.
Good company overall
Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockdale, TXMarch 22, 2018
Was a great place to work, would still be there if not for a plant shutdown. Good pay, good people to work with and bosses.Good benefits and opportunity to advance in the company.
Pros
great pay and benifits
Cons
dusty, dirty work environment, outside work most of the time
My typical day
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 20, 2018
A typical day at was nothing but a place of complaints. No one was happy but I learned a lot in my seven years. The management staff needed guidance and wasn't very fair. The workforce was great people and I enjoyed servicing my clients.
Relaxed work enviroment When running smooth
Boiler Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, TXMarch 18, 2018
Fairly relaxed work pace when everything is running smooth. but you have to take the work seriously and learn the systems because when trouble arises, you have to think, act and resolve the issues in a timely matter.
A good but not stable place to work
Business Sales/Account Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 10, 2018
I enjoyed my career at TXU Energy for many years, as an Account Manager, Business to business sales, Account Service Manager and as a Supervisor. I loved my roles until I started reporting to a particular Manager. She would rather coach you out the door instead of coach you up. She upset everyone and it took higher management awhile to realize this and demote her, which they eventually did. She and myself, along with many others were eventually laid off.
Pros
Professional work environment, good pay and benefits
Cons
It took all 3 Supervisor's to complain and others to finally get rid of a bad people Manager.
Rigth in the thick of things
Sr. Manager, Retail Integration (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2018
Good company. You are responsible to manage all technical integrations, for HCM, CRM, Billing and Customer Care. This is a tough job, for the thick skinned.
Outstanding Culture
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 28, 2018
A typical day is challenging but you encounter awesomely engaged employees that want to give their all to build something that is great and second to none.
Muy divertido, una aventura todos los dias
Servicio al Cliente / Representante de Ventas (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Super divertido en poder hablar y estar frente a frente con muchos clientes al dia como era puerta a puerta ventas. Todos los dias era diferente y un reto nuevo todos los dias.
Pros
conocias a mucha gente diferente
Cons
ninguno
Culture Gone
Project Manager/ Ariba Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2018
With the bankruptcy and new management they allowed most of the diverse workforce to be laid off. It is back to mostly men in upper management. They speak diversity but it is only tokened out.
Production/Operations Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Good place to work. Great management team at the site. The culture had evolved to a point where all employees were engaged and empowered to make changes to processes and procedures as needed. Great safety culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Energy Future Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.