Energy Future Holdings Employee Reviews

A Great Company
Sales Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2019
This company was great to work for. The only negative was it was difficult to get promoted within. But they paid well, great benefits and really treated me well.
Pros
Great pay and people
Cons
limited oppties for advancement
Very stressful
Customer Issues Agent II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 6, 2019
I did not enjoy working at TXU Energy. It was very stressful. I was not able to work hours I can. Management was always changing and the company's future was unsure.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very Stressful.
Great Company
Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 10, 2018
Great Company to work for. Lots of employee activities, Pay is great. Bonus is fantastic. 401K Match, Cheap Healthcare
Good place to start your career and develop yourself.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Great company to work for, will not hesitate working for the company again if ever an opportunity arises.
Sr Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 28, 2018
Greatest experience working for TXU in Finance, culture is diversified and inclusive of every one.Executives are on floor interacting.Education reimbursement was the best.l did my MBA while working there and my manager was very supportive.
Pros
Celebrates employees achievements and accomodates work life balance.
Cons
Promotions not as much.
For School and College aged studenets
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
Energy Future Holdings is a job for those in their youth with dreams and aspiration for winning big in sales. The young with strength to pave the concrete knocking on doors and expiring life. Your days are filled with excitement of making your quota and other days of disappointments about the one you almost got. I learned how electricity works and that no matter what the name its all the same electricity. Management is there to cheering us on no matter what, and to come back tomorrow. It's a job with a high turn over rate. The heat in the summer is brutal here in Texas. Even though its hot when you see someone meet their goal and believe that the job is real it's an exciting moment.
Pros
You learn what to do for yourself
Cons
The managers have to make their numbers so you wonder if they are taking some of your custormers
Network/Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2018
We can learn lot of new things here. I loved working here. There is a huge scope to improve over existing skills and also learn lot of new stuff in the IT industry.
Great Contract company to work for.
Sr CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Glen Rose, TXOctober 10, 2018
I was placed in a Sr. CAD Designer at the Texas Utility Nuclear Plant. It was in the building process. The work was very interesting and I learned a lot about piping design. Management was always on top of every spec change and all the groups had daily update meetings to make certain all the employees were aware of any changes. Workplace culture was incredible and I would return anytime to work for this company again. Hardest Part: being laid off when it came time for the plant to go on line. Most enjoyable were the employee get together's.
Pros
Good rates paid. Great hours. fun shift work at times.
Cons
Having to rate others I worked with.
Call center employees are not treated equal to corporate worker
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 19, 2018
Call center specialist has much more qualifications then what they are being paid.. they are over worked and underpaid..Account Spealist Group (ASG) has been fazed out as a position
Well respected company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 13, 2018
Good management team, but excessive focus on cost management. Colleagues are collaborative, helpful. There's not much attrition and employees keep getting better at their work. On the flip side, leads to fewer growth and change opportunities as employees stay with the company for a long time. That said, there is not a noticeable old-school mindset due to the high tenure.
Pros
Competitive industry
Cons
Career growth is limited
Good Company, Poor Managment
SPECIALTY MARKET ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 11, 2018
TXU Energy was a great company but the management is out of control. There is a lot of "Good ol Boy System" I worked there for 4 years and never got a pay increase, promotion or nothing. They outsource a lot. Management needs to be updated.
Pros
Hour lunch, off weekends
Cons
no room for advancement unless you are a sleeping with certain people
Good company
Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 26, 2018
This position requires the individual to be self driven and goal driven. You will be alone must of the time, and expected to cold call the majority of the time. Overall good company.
Agile and Productive place to work
Customer Optimization Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 25, 2018
Vistra Energy is a great place to work:
Employees are valued
Benefits are great
This company has growing opportunities
Excellent with making sure the customers needs are met
Pros
Outings, Free lunch, Events and Parties
Cons
Can be stressful at times
fun place to work at with a gym to use, hockey table, gaming system, TVs, Telephones, & computers to use
Bilingual Customer Care Associate II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 16, 2018
I would recommend working here but the commute is too much wear & tear on my car for the pay. Good benefits provided w/ clinic on location for free. Lunches given once a month, pay increase/bonus given annually. Management seems to have favorites & job opportunities based on who you know, not what you know. I have been discriminated against and told i cannot apply for a job because i am "bilingual".
Pros
free lunches once a month, annual pay increases/bonus
Cons
management has favorites
Competitive and fun working place
Sr. ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 2, 2018
A market leading competitive retail electricity provider which provides electricity and related services to millions of customers as the company offers a variety of innovative products and solutions, competitive priced service plans, energy efficiency options, and renewable energy programs.
Great Company with Employee Focus
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 4, 2018
TXU Energy cares about it's people, which helps drive the great company performance. The company culture has improved tremendously over the last 10 years, becoming more fun-natured and less of a traditional Utility feel. Benefits are generally very good. Executive leadership is almost universally trusted and respected.
Pros
Focus on constant improvement
Cons
Favoritism exists
Great to work
Accounts Payable Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2018
Love my team members. I worked with a great people we always helped each other and had great managers. My managers were always there for their team and let us talk openly without any fear of prosecution.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Laid off
Office of the CEO
Mgr Reponse Team for CEO (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 8, 2018
Excellent management when I was there. Director was informative, approachable and respectful.
I enjoyed my time there and the job was challenging but fun.
Pros
Respect for individuals
Cons
Promoted from within
Loved it
Internship (Martin Lake Power Plant) (Former Employee) –  Tatum, TXMay 8, 2018
I went through the Power Track program and worked at Martin Lake as an intern. It was an overall great experience. I met a lot of great people and learned a lot about power generation.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
They were going through bankruptcy when I was in the job market
This was a fun and competitive place to work.
Issues Resolution Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2018
Working here helped me to develop many skills in leadership, communication and self perseverance. It was a fun environment and tgey made you want to work hard and succeed in whatever you did. I really miss working for this company.
Pros
Competitive
Cons
Too far from home and childcare.
Goal achieving, fun company.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Energy Future Holdings, they offered good benefits, good working environment, fun playroom and T.V. rooms for employees to unwind on their breaks or lunch. I participated in10 of the 15 5k runs they sponsored per year, which makes you feel great about participating in. Six Flags, top golf outings and Christmas events were enjoyable for myself and family. I don't need all these things to become a great employee of your company, but It did make you feel appreciated for your efforts.
Pros
Company events
Cons
5 k runs were reduced year to year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Energy Future Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.