Energy Northwest Employee Reviews

Nepotism Rules
Nuclear Security (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 8, 2018
Qualifications and experience mean little compared to family connections and if you were born and raised in the area. Outsiders have little to no chance for advancement. Schedules are either a 4/10 or a "Dupont" 12 hour rotation. Rated as the most dangerous schedule in existence. 4 days on 2 off 3 nights on 2 off 3 days on 2 off 4 nights on 8 days off. Multi-million dollar judgements have been laid against organizations using this schedule. It increases health risks including but not limited to Diabetes, Obesity, High Blood Pressure and many more. Terminations and turn over is plentiful. The hardest part of the job is staying awake on the rotating 12's.
Pros
Fast top out in pay, good pay and benifits
Cons
Schedule, Mangement is autocratic, Good ol' boy rules
high standards and safety conscious
ACCOUNTING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 18, 2018
Being a nuclear energy producing facility, some of the work can be stressful and demanding. I worked in the corporate offices and even though we weren't working directly with energy generation we were required to do our work with the highest of standards. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my peers.
Great Company and Culture!
Outage Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAMarch 10, 2018
I am treated fairly and well compensated. There is potential for advancement. The retirement benefits are excellent! I am staying here until retirement.
Pros
Retirement and pay are great!
Cons
Nothing comes to mind.
great people
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 21, 2017
Work was fast pace, the projects were many and had to be work at the same time. the drive to work was long. There were a lot of other drivers on the road, going to other job sites.
Pros
working in the country
Cons
the drive
I would do it again
Temp work (Former Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 31, 2017
I would like to say that the work was hard, but i found myself in a momentum that felt like each day zipped past. I would love to return to work more for this company again in the future.
Fun but expect to work hard.
Legal Services Legal Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 7, 2017
I love my job at ENW. The people there are great. My job is research so basically I work independently. I have learned a lot there about how to work more error free. The hardest part of the job is some of the nuclear requirements and trainings they take you away from the work you are expected to accomplish. The best part of the job is my legal team they are all fun, smart people that I enjoy spending my day with.
Pros
great pay and bonus
Cons
expectation of excellence
Not a fun job
Master rigger (Former Employee) –  containmentSeptember 6, 2017
The contract company owner/supervisor that I worked for was belligerent, very unprofessional, cursed people out on a more than regular basis, abusive.
Pros
Energy Northwest employees were friendly
Cons
contract manager horrible
Relaxed business environment with great specific objectives
Asset Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Hanford, WAJuly 4, 2017
Energy Northwest is a great company to work for because of the relaxed business environment that allows workers to produce within a specific time and stay safe while doing so.
I didnt love the place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJune 5, 2017
Interesting place to work. I don't have much of an opinion. One must know that nuclear is special and it takes a special type of person to work in an area like this.
Good
Admin/Records Content Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJanuary 17, 2017
Good place to work, EN has excellent benefits, 4/10 schedule, and more! Good atmosphere. Little outdated technology, but it's a great place overall
Very limited and nowhere to advance.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CGSOctober 11, 2016
This is a small nuclear utility that is a good old boys network. This company is very limited on upward mobility basically someone has to die. This company is also very cloed minded and not willing to change. The Company is not fiscal responsible and still operating 10 years behind similar nuclear plants.
Pros
Location on the Columbia River.
Cons
Closed minded, Closed advancement.
exceptional safety programs
service person II / Nuclear laborer (Former Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 30, 2016
provided daily, weekly, monthly safety meetings to provide all employees safe work situational awareness. We came home safe every night.
Pros
great pay and benefits & team building
Great company
Radiological protection Laborer (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 24, 2016
Lot,s of hours. The pay was great, awesome people. You work longs days and stay really busy, but the people you work with make it fun. This work was for the 2015 outage,
Pros
great pay, good co workers
Cons
long hours, temp work
Great place to work. Great retirement and good benefits.
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 29, 2016
Great people to work with. Many opportunities to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities. Work hours are 4 10 hour days per week. One refueling outage every 2 years, which means overtime. The outage overtime is typically 6 12s (one day off) for about 2 months
An excellent place to work
Jr. Instrumentation and Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Jr. Instrumentation and Controls TechnicianJuly 28, 2016
I had the privilege last year of being offer a temporary position in the instrumentation and controls department at energy northwest. This helped to solidify my knowledge obtained in the nuclear program.
good people horrible management
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 25, 2016
peers are good management is awful, treat people badly. expect people to work on off hours with no compensation. Pay is good but not worth stress of it.
A very fast paced highly professional environment
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 10, 2016
Energy Northwest is a very rewarding company to be a part of. The company is committed to high efficiency, high quality of product at the most cost effective price. Great staff, management and an amazing benefits package I recommend this company to anyone wanting to be a part of something more than self.
Pros
A great work life balance program
Good Company to work with
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJune 9, 2016
Challenging work environment, room to grow. Require more forward looking approach to resolve issues. Company relies on small staff, where the work load is too high. People technical skills are not fully utilized. Lack of communication within employees and management.
Pros
Flex hours and 4 days work week.
Cons
Long hours and variable shifts.
Love it!!
Records Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAApril 6, 2016
I love it out here I just wish there was more opportunity for people to come on as permanent and not just Temporary or Project Employees.
Shutdown work lots of hours, work,eat, sleep, work
Safety supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 7, 2015
Job was described going in and was just as described.The management was great to work with, lots of helpful co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Energy Northwest. Our community is ready to answer.

Energy Northwest Reviews by Location