ENERGY SOLUTIONS Employee Reviews

Good place to start out and room for advancement, not a long term job
Decontamination Technician (Former Employee) –  Clive, UTJune 22, 2018
Decontamination department works with 2 Tyvek suits and 2 pairs of boots, typically inside and around intermodals and railcars with a 5k pressure washer. Management was poor at the time but there was a mass purge and new management was put in place that was better. 45 minute bus ride out to the worksite and 10 hour shifts with overtime readily available and mandatory towards the end of the year.
Everyone out to get you
Rock Truck Driver and Decontamination Tech (Former Employee) –  Clive, UTJanuary 18, 2019
Can be fun but verry pc you have to be carfull what you talk about and around who like every big company with lots of employees somone always looking for your position
Great
Welder (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2018
friendly environment to work in with very flexable shifts. They gave great training and was able to meet other competitors salary. Felt great to be able to assist on making these schools better for fl kids
Great place to work, pay and benefits not commensurate with responsibility and workload.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 26, 2017
Very relaxed yet professional place to work, the company culture is extremely flexible and even encourages maximum work/life balance. Pay and benefits however are not commensurate with responsibility and workload.
good
Oracle Business Process Lead/Analyst, Architect (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTJanuary 23, 2018
great work culture , learnt lot, good business users, lot of technical and business work. I learnt project management, people management and technical skill.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Na
Sales (Former Employee) –  Redlands CaliforniaMarch 8, 2018
How do I have fun working there. Money was good time off was great. Good management structure. Was fun to travel and be on the road. Very kind of them to put me up and hotels.
Pros
Good bonuses
Cons
Away from home
Energy Solutions is good start up culture
Application Architect (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2018
Energy Solutions International (ESI) is a small privately held company delivers software solutions to Oil and Gas Industry. The product group I worked is very good and team spirit was high, and lot of challenges to solve. I was very exited to make a difference for ESI customers.
management
Radiation Safety Technician 3, Shipping Broker (Former Employee) –  Barnwell, SCApril 12, 2018
most people have been there at the site for 20 to 30 years and know other way of doing their job then what they have always performed. If there was a task in which you did not agree to as why it was done, they would state " We have done it that way for the past 30 years, we aint going to change now.
Pros
Pay
Cons
longevity of most employees
Good ole boys club run by the morman mafia
Mnager (Former Employee) –  scMarch 23, 2017
They basically eliminated the Health insurance and what is there is worse that Ocare. No one gets ahead but the Mormans and the Good Ole boys never change. No pay raises, no benefits, but they whine when the moral is bad and the surveys come back bad.
Pros
easy work for the hourly workers
Cons
management is always infighting
Health Physics Survey Technician
Health Physics Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNAugust 24, 2015
First thing in the morning, meeting for plan of the day and safety concerns. The department I worked in, management was very good to work with. Great co-workers. I worked in Free-release department surveying sealands for low level contamination. I loved the job. Best job I ever had.
Pros
The job I had was the best job I ever had.
Cons
Downside, I worked for a contractor. Pay was great, but no benefits. Contractor lost contract, which created a lay off throughout the facility.
Used to be a great work environment
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clive, UTFebruary 14, 2013
It started as a fun place to work. I enjoyed my job, which included scheduling and inspecting incoming shipments. I learned a lot about DOT and NRC regulations regarding packaging of hazardous materials. That was probably the most challenging part, but I had embraced it and was training to be an assistant broker of hazardous goods. I had to push to get the training and even once it was completed, management held back on getting me certified. It went from being a place with potential to grow to a place where everyone was worried about their jobs. Half the workforce was laidoff. The layoffs were mostly political. Many of the best workers were dismissed while some of the worst employees remained. No confidence in the management at all.
Productive workplace with consistancy
journeyman electrician (Current Employee) –  cuero,texasSeptember 15, 2015
Help to grow with the company with support of management to learn and develop personally with each work day did not like lack of job security no constant work load
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
health ins.dental, vision and short-term
Average work enviorment
APPOINTMENT SETTER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 1, 2015
Inbound/outbound calls for appointment scheduling and rescheduling

Use of spreadsheets and the business' own computer programs

Management were not very good at keeping track of what you did and how it benefited the company, or paying attention to recommendations from coworkers to better improve the workplace

Coworkers demonstrated a lot of personal drama in the workplace

Learned how to keep a professional demeanor at all times when drama was going on in the office

Hardest part of the jobs was continuing to have to reschedule the same appointment more than three times due to lack of certain coworkers often becoming unavailable to provide the company's demonstration

Most enjoyable was it was a nice office downtown with a nice view
A job that I enjoyed
Lead Video/Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAApril 24, 2012
They offered advancement, great compensation, a positive work environment, with new challenges and problem solving to keep things exciting.
Pros
great work environment
Productive work environment with so much amazing information to learn and a lifestyle of safety with a strong focus on team work and problem solving.
Nuclear Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMSeptember 22, 2014
I love working in a job that you can learn something new for the rest of your life. The job was important and tested our ability to keep up with critical safety information. We always had something new to handle and we would sit down as a team and come up with the best way of handling the job. We put safety first and then production. We were all responsible for not only ourselves, but the person beside us as well. If we noticed something to be unsafe we could speak up and figure out a better way to complete the job.
Pros
The challenges, safety, importance of the job, great pay
Cons
job security is the only con. Everything else about the work I loved
Cool place to work
QC Inspector II (Current Employee) –  Barnwell, SCOctober 26, 2015
Family oriented business that provides a supportive work environment. There is room for advancement and training. The compensation is decent and gifts are given for compliance to safety programs.
Pros
Company luncheons
Cons
In the middle of no where
new renewable technology
Project Manager / Sales/ Structural Engineering (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 5, 2017
Managed day to day operations of solar installations was able to stay up to date of new renewable technology on the market had decent support from corp management however local management had some issues that was the hardest part of the job best part was satisfying the customer
Pros
New technology
Cons
poor management
A Good place to work initially
Senior Radiation Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Clive, UTDecember 20, 2016
This was a demanding job at times, because we worked outside in the weather. My managers were the best! We got along great! As time went on the work load dropped and layoffs became a way of life. Eventually I was laid off. The only real problem was a Hostile Work Environment caused by a single individual. Several managers wanted to fire this person, but they were unable to do so.This individual obviously has powerful friends in the upper management.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hostile work environment.
Company provided transportation to job site.
Mechanic/Field service (Former Employee) –  Clive, UTDecember 28, 2017
A typical day consisted of repairing and maintaining construction equipment. I learned hands on experience of how hydraulic and diesel fuel systems worked.
Pros
Set scedual and good pay
Cons
Excessive travel time to job site
Capable Staff for transport and disposal of LLRW/MW
Waste Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 19, 2017
The company with a worldwide base having a capable staff for transport and disposal of LLRW/MW.

Including projects supporting active clients in Canada and UK. Plus several other countries.
Pros
Worldwide
Cons
Lack of internal promotion opportunities