Energy Transfer Employee Reviews

Great company and always daily new challenges
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 18, 2018
Was a fill-in IT regional contractor. Great stable environment, work in the area of field support were always happening no matter where with day to day operations or project execution. I was the person to take care all of region so it got a bit lonely for IT work/social communication. The only thing I did not enjoy were the drives out to field sites of offices and plants. But when work got going it was always interesting and exciting to encounter something new in the Oil and gas industry. Employees were patient and great to work with. It was a work family environment that were there to see you grow and help everyone grow.
Pros
Always new daily challenges
Cons
Windshield time before work or after work
Inspected Pipe and Materials in Yard
Utility Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Stockton, TXAugust 1, 2018
Walked around 80ft pieces of pipe in a pipe yard for about 10 hours a day 6 days a week. If pipe wasn't coming into the yard we would check in materials and pieces of equipment for Right-of-Way projects. Great place to work with great co-workers and management.
Pros
Great environment and pay
Cons
Temporary job
Bad Experience
IT Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2018
It was not a good experience. It started off being a great company in the beginning but as I was able to work I saw what the company was really about.
great place to work
Measurement Technician (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TXJuly 23, 2018
great place to work. management changed a few months ago. things werent the same after the change. the overall job was not physically demanding at all. rugged terrain beat me up everyday. was in a halfton truck. 3/4 ton was much needed.
Keeps you busy!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2018
There are constant projects that keep you busy a lot of the time. The company is evolving and that means constant changes. This keeps everyone pretty busy.
Upper management not condusive to growth.
Liaison between vendor and buyers (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2018
Although I LOVE my supervisor, the upper management takes away all incentive to do a good job. I love my work and my supervisor, but Upper management leaves no desire or morale for the lowly employee. And they use fracking technology and I don't agree with fracking. I think it is harmful to the planet.
Busy workplace
Pipeline Field Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Linton, NDJuly 7, 2018
Job lasts as until project is complete. Meeting and working with new people, learning new things. Experiencing life in other parts of the country is awesome.
excellent company
gas plant manager (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXJune 30, 2018
productive , great employees and excellent management .
great day , taking care of our clients and enjoying your fellow workers . great company , no complains .
Pros
fexabile time
Cons
callouts
Sr Field Support Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2018
I was there as a contractor and got to travel a lot, meet great people, and learn new skills. Would have loved to have stayed on full-tme but got a great opportunity with another company.
Worked 3rd Party
Field Site Mechanical Compliance Review Auditor (Former Employee) –  Pyote, TXJune 13, 2018
ETC is a good company to work for. They have a very specific way to do each task and very good standards for documentation. The only problem I really had was the Construction Manager was not a nice person, but he was 3rd party as well, but they hand picked him, so then there is that!
Pros
flexible lunch schedule
In the Life of ETP
Crude oil Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
A typical work day will be analyzing crude oil prices daily for trends and analyzing company's financial gains and losses for our entire company and give input to prove business operations.

I have learn different trucking stations, pipeline sectors, Excel, Access, SAP, and how to a true professional.

Management provided a quarterly rotational opportunities and additional off site training for personal growth.

Workplace culture is result oriented environment with a few laughs here and there.

The hardest part of the job is that sometimes it is hard to find a work and family balance.

The most enjoy about my job is the people I work with everyday and I enjoy analyzing data for a meaningful decisions.
Good company
Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2018
Energy Transfer is a company that will treat you as a part of the team. They growing and willing to help you move on to the next part of your career there are plenty of opportunities to be promoted.
Energy transfer is a great place to learn about the operations of a plant.
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 21, 2018
A typical day is to keep up with the maintenance of the plant. Monitor gauges and computers to make sure the plant was operating correctly. Bringing back up the plant when it would go down due to weather and other problems. Being on call and being prepared to come in at a moments notice. Be willing to help out other plants when they were short handed.
Pros
We are given to opportunity to get over time.
Cons
Getting time off when needed
Productive environment
Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
There is always something to do but not very many perks working here. Don't host many events and when they do, usually you need to pay out of pocket to attend.
Energy Transfer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2018
Overall a good place to be. Work life balance is generally good. Casual dress code. Friendly environment. Location is good but the construction is creating a lot of traffic.
Pros
Overall a good place to be
Cons
Overall a good place to be
Great Place to Work
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2018
I really enjoyed working with Energy Transfer and the office services department. My daily duties consisted of Shipped FedEx, UPS, and USPS boxes, Sat in for receptionist while on breaks, Stocked break rooms with coffee and sodas, Picked up outgoing mail from administrative assistants, Delivered incoming mail to over 400 employees. If you're looking for a great place to work then look no further than Energy Transfer!
Enjoyable company to work for and w/no street
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Downtown Houston, TexasApril 13, 2018
Always another interesting task to complete on special days for parties/company meetings. Setting up conference rooms & meeting schedules, order in breakfast & lunch.
Excellent place to work. Was sad when position was terminated.56,000
HVAC Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAApril 1, 2018
Was an excellent place to work, Managers were pleasant to work for and understanding. The maintenance team we're like family that you could call at any time if you needed help.
Pros
Pay, benefits, vacation time
Good place to start
Pipeline Technician A (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKMarch 23, 2018
I worked at Sunoco Logistics and we were bought out by Energy Transfer approximately 2 years ago. Thus far the company has been good to work for. Safety is a very big deal with them. The pay is about middle of the road for the oil and gas industry. There aren't very many opportunities to advance but the benefits, bonuses, and paid time off make it worthwhile to stick it out.
Pros
Bonuses, annual raises, company truck, company uniform cleaning, guaranteed hours
Cons
Large company politics
Competitive quick paced.
Corrosion Technician (Current Employee) –  Perryton, TXMarch 19, 2018
My position pushes me everyday to better myself. I am required to have a understanding of everything from operations to re regulatory compliance with a strong focus on maintaining the Integrity of our system.
Pros
Family First Environment