Energy Transfer Employee Reviews

Great benefits no advancement
Senior Technical Lead, pipeline & maintenance (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 7, 2018
Great company as far as benefits , Not good at advancement from within Hires alot of outsiders , They do not reward Experienced people or listen to them for that matter,
Pros
Great benefits and wages
Cons
Doesn't reward experienced people or advance people from within
Productive work Environment
Welding and Utility Inspector (Former Employee) –  Southeast OhioJanuary 17, 2019
It was an open environment were the management was very helpful with all aspects of the project. We conducted morning meeting each day to discuss issues that may pertain to the daily work of the crews and any concerns that may arise each day.
Pros
Great work environment
Work at Energy Transfer
Sr Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Monahans, TXJanuary 2, 2019
I have been employed since Sept. 2017 in Monahans. I have enjoyed my time here and plan on staying. As I have told my current manager that I am looking for advancement and hope to advance in the department I am currently working in. It is a great job and at times fast paces.
Never clean
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Minerva, OHJanuary 3, 2019
The place is very old and dirty. no pay raises ,and you get put down and treated like dirt all day and nothing is ever done about it. when it comes time to get hired in you just get the runaround. And if you say anything you get fired.
Pros
Cons
everything
Crude Oil Hauls Locally
Driver (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 28, 2018
This company is a good company with the pay and benefits . Work requires no less 10 hour days and you must be enclined to adventure to unknown locations for crude oil pickup's. I thought management was good and relaxed maybe too relaxed. You will be up against the weather elementals and the traffic on a daily basic. I liked being able to come home every night although you will be required to work out of town once in a great while.
Pros
paid and benefits are top of the line
Cons
there was always a continuous feeling of work running out like.
Not friendly for new employees
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXNovember 1, 2018
Good job for the area not so great if you live out of town. Good entry pay bit no pay raises in the last 3 years . Plant still set in their old ways, no future changes
Pros
Slow pace work
Cons
Old equipment lots of down time and startups
Not treated like a professional or an adult
Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Antiquated rules like requiring logging in for work, out for lunch, back in after lunch and out for the end of the day.

The reason given was "can't trust people".
Pros
Lots of work to do
Cons
Antiquated internal rules
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ganado, TXAugust 20, 2018
I can only say good things about my employment with ETP. Great company benefits, God and family are very important to the company. ET treats their employees with the upmost respect. Provide more than enough training to be successful.
Pros
Great benefits, respect for employees and super training programs
Cons
Great company and always daily new challenges
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 18, 2018
Was a fill-in IT regional contractor. Great stable environment, work in the area of field support were always happening no matter where with day to day operations or project execution. I was the person to take care all of region so it got a bit lonely for IT work/social communication. The only thing I did not enjoy were the drives out to field sites of offices and plants. But when work got going it was always interesting and exciting to encounter something new in the Oil and gas industry. Employees were patient and great to work with. It was a work family environment that were there to see you grow and help everyone grow.
Pros
Always new daily challenges
Cons
Windshield time before work or after work
Inspected Pipe and Materials in Yard
Utility Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Stockton, TXAugust 1, 2018
Walked around 80ft pieces of pipe in a pipe yard for about 10 hours a day 6 days a week. If pipe wasn't coming into the yard we would check in materials and pieces of equipment for Right-of-Way projects. Great place to work with great co-workers and management.
Pros
Great environment and pay
Cons
Temporary job
Bad Experience
IT Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2018
It was not a good experience. It started off being a great company in the beginning but as I was able to work I saw what the company was really about.
great place to work
Measurement Technician (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TXJuly 23, 2018
great place to work. management changed a few months ago. things werent the same after the change. the overall job was not physically demanding at all. rugged terrain beat me up everyday. was in a halfton truck. 3/4 ton was much needed.
Upper management not condusive to growth.
Liaison between vendor and buyers (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2018
Although I LOVE my supervisor, the upper management takes away all incentive to do a good job. I love my work and my supervisor, but Upper management leaves no desire or morale for the lowly employee. And they use fracking technology and I don't agree with fracking. I think it is harmful to the planet.
Busy workplace
Pipeline Field Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Linton, NDJuly 7, 2018
Job lasts as until project is complete. Meeting and working with new people, learning new things. Experiencing life in other parts of the country is awesome.
Worked 3rd Party
Field Site Mechanical Compliance Review Auditor (Former Employee) –  Pyote, TXJune 13, 2018
ETC is a good company to work for. They have a very specific way to do each task and very good standards for documentation. The only problem I really had was the Construction Manager was not a nice person, but he was 3rd party as well, but they hand picked him, so then there is that!
Pros
flexible lunch schedule
Keeps you busy!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2018
There are constant projects that keep you busy a lot of the time. The company is evolving and that means constant changes. This keeps everyone pretty busy.
excellent company
gas plant manager (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXJune 30, 2018
productive , great employees and excellent management .
great day , taking care of our clients and enjoying your fellow workers . great company , no complains .
Pros
fexabile time
Cons
callouts
Sr Field Support Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2018
I was there as a contractor and got to travel a lot, meet great people, and learn new skills. Would have loved to have stayed on full-tme but got a great opportunity with another company.
In the Life of ETP
Crude oil Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
A typical work day will be analyzing crude oil prices daily for trends and analyzing company's financial gains and losses for our entire company and give input to prove business operations.

I have learn different trucking stations, pipeline sectors, Excel, Access, SAP, and how to a true professional.

Management provided a quarterly rotational opportunities and additional off site training for personal growth.

Workplace culture is result oriented environment with a few laughs here and there.

The hardest part of the job is that sometimes it is hard to find a work and family balance.

The most enjoy about my job is the people I work with everyday and I enjoy analyzing data for a meaningful decisions.
Good company
Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2018
Energy Transfer is a company that will treat you as a part of the team. They growing and willing to help you move on to the next part of your career there are plenty of opportunities to be promoted.