EnerSys
49Low

EnerSys Employee Reviews

Good work life balance Poor management
A good place to get in the door and work your way up if you can deal with poor/micro management. Good work life balance with not a lot of mandatory overtime
Job
The managers dont know what their doing. That company is going down because they chose the wrong supervisors and managers. It could be a better place.
Excellent job
One of the best jobs I've ever had really liked the people. Hr was very helpful, management was knowledgable and easy to work for . Highly recommend this job currently on lay off cant wait to go back
Terrible management
Too much favoritism, managers do not work, pay is terrible, worst corporation to work for, managers job promotions are never kept . Managers put their failures off on employees.. certain employees get favoritism and job slackers get away with everything. Never work here! Worst mistake you could ever make! Branch managers and Human Resources will not protect you. They will cover and lie to your face.
Challenging but rewarding place to work with opportunity to move up.
Enersys is a very challenging but rewarding place to work with great pay and opportunities to move up in he company. Management is fair and benefits are a pulse.
Just Don’t
The Warrensburg facility management is an absolute mess. Very high turn over rate because of a dysfunctional culture from the top down. Poor training, blame everyone for your mistakes, never listen to lower level employees, egos, on and on. Every trait of a toxic work environment. Just don’t.
Pros
Starting pay is actually pretty good.
Cons
People don’t leave jobs, they leave managers.
Pay
Got laid off. It was the best job I’ve ever had. I absolutely loved working for that company. I definitely hope I can again some day. I cannot day enough good things
Overall very positive environment.
The environment is very positive. The corporate campus is modern and equipped with amenities like an onsite gym, a cafeteria staffed with a chef. The company is growing and modernizing its it infrastructure.
Management is a mess, you will run out of product on tuesday get sent home and have to work Saturday for straight time
Some of the jobs are very physical demanding, but the pay is based on your exposure to lead, so the pay for those physical jobs are not as good as it should be. Management doesn't listen to workers, they only care about their schedule and making numbers. They will have you come in and do a job your not trained on just to get product out, even though its not safe.
I liked working there.
Good Management. Compensation was good as well. A fun culture to work and the group was working towards better process improvements. I hope they are still on the correct path.
Demoralizing
The company has changed considerably over the last five years. Many valuable people have either been fired or left due to upper management, bringing in new people to run the company. These people have now brought in their new people and the business has suffered as a consequence. The business was very profitable and has since started to hemorrhage money due to poor decisions by the C-Suite. People who actually have a clue are either not listened to or ignored. The CEO has been buying other companies as way to increase stock prices but all built as a house of cards. Too many new people in high level decisions that are feeding the pipeline with ideas that have not been thought out. Manufacturing, Sales, Quality, and Engineering are all working in silos. CEO basically lies every shareholder call, CTO has good vision but ZERO execution. New product promised years ago are still not even close to being ready for production. CEO has eliminated almost the entire workforce that started the company. Does not have finger on the pulse of the company. Only the new lower level people are happy at the company, but they do not know the serious trouble the company is really in.
Lack of respect for life/work balance.
Alpha Power was purchased by Enersys and there were immediate negative impacts. A number of positions were eliminated and their responsibilities distributed to other employees who already had more to do than they could reasonably accomplish in a standard shift. I was one of those employees. When I was told I would be required to work a twelve hour shift, as a salaried employee, I tried to negotiate with my manager to no avail. As a result, I resigned from the company.
Good place
Enersys is a large battery company that is very well organized and the staff is helpful and friendly.. the hours can be long and working with lead can be dangerous but you are given the knowledge and equipment to be in a safe environment
I would NOT recommend this place to anyone.
Worked at santa fe springs location for almost 3 years, got along with everyone, was always on time, never said no to task that they would assign to me and management never promoted me... never got noticed for my effort.... worked weekends and also somedays graveyard.. never got a raise or promoted for field tech position... I asked they said not yet... I had more experience than people that they were hiring with ZERO experience and I WAS teaching them?? Made no sense to me that I was teaching/showing other how to work on batteries and chargers when they were making alot more money than me..... if it makes no money it makes no sense..... so I quit.... the END
Fair
I learned how to make batteries and assemble them. I enjoyed the people I worked with. And the hardest part of the job was testing the batteries because if they were bad you would have to open up the battery and find out what was wrong with the battery.
Was a good place to work
If i could i would go back to work there if i could i loved it loved my job an the pay was good if my wife hadn't got sick i would still be working there
Productive and fast
Overall I like working for the company. The people you work with are team focused. Everyone wants to get the job done in a timely efficient manner. And SAFETY is always first.
Great culture
The staff was very friendly and really took care of their interns. They were always willing to help and made work enjoyable. Everyone felt like a family there.
Rampant Nepotism and Discrimination
Do NOT work here. Terrible company, clique HR team that hires their own family and friends. Unless you know someone, or are related to a current employee...
Revolving door
Locally this company is a revolving door. Management is horrible and changed as often as socks. Bonuses seem to be terminated right before the goal is met. Safety is a huge issue at this plant due to lack of proper training and tired people working machines they are not trained on. Huge disconnect within this company on so many levels because communication is just non existent. This company has literally ruined a good reputation within the local community
Pros
None that come to mind
Cons
The whole place
Is was a good group of guys to work with
Be nice if they hired other then through a temp agency because the pay wasnt worth the task I completed and working for thw temp agency was taking most of the pay which is why they should hire good people like me that was able to do the job and keep hard at work and duties that were assigned to me
Ask a question about working or interviewing at EnerSys. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.