ENGIE Employee Reviews

North Tyneside council.
Revenues and benefits officer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon TyneOctober 3, 2018
If you would like no idea of the job role you’re going Into, along with terrible training then this is probably the job for you. Management have no consideration for any members of the team, all feedback from training was negative and you were never given any positive feedback even if you were doing well. There was nothing in my contract about a 6 week probation period where I will sit an exam at the end of it which will determine whether I will be kept on or not. Each week you’re reminded that you’re not safe in the job you’re in, which consisted of sarcastic and nasty remarks from management. I left here on my own accord as it isn’t the job described to me, I was expecting something way more customer service based but it is repetitive boring admin work which will bore you to death and I left my perfectly okay job for this thinking it was a nice and secure position,which is a massive regret as I had the worst experience ever within this company and done nothing but cry every week with the stress and pressure they put onto you. Oh not to mention they mark you incorrectly for not following working practices when they don’t actually have any.
Pros
Good hours and pay
Cons
Management, training and the job itself
Overall great place to be employed
Data Processor (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 2, 2018
Company’s purpose is dedicated to their clients and involvement in the conservation of energy, contributing immensely to the environment. Great place to work- coworkers, management and overall work experience is filled with encouragement and positivity.
The hardest part of the job
Global Marketing Strategy Consultant (Former Employee) –  ParisSeptember 16, 2018
Global responsibilities across multiple time zones and languages are a major challenge. Integrating different systems such as Salesforce/CRM and marketing automation is also challenging. Another key challenge are various sales compensation models, some that reward cross and up selling, and others that do not.
Work life balance poor
Other administrative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2018
Good job security, flexible work schedules for some employees. Company tends to run very lean so it can be hard to take time off, most people are very busy and work some overtime.
Pros
job security
Cons
poor work life balance
This job is just another stepping stone on the path
Electrician / Technician (Current Employee) –  New HampshireAugust 16, 2018
This job is just a stone on the path to better things not a permanent post , this position allows me the ability to attend classes so I may better myself , there is no golden ring in this pond and is not very deep at all .
Pros
very few
Cons
many
great privilege
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 26, 2018
worked on keying bills using typing skills and 10 keys. maintain strict attention to details. improved my computer skills. very nice environment. enjoyed working at a data processor.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Good stable company
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 4, 2018
Lots of international opportunity if you can make yourself 'seen' and network internally. Opportunity to switch roles internally locally as well. Friendly environment in most regions and business units collegial (not cutthroat) culture.
Fast-paced, great work/life balance
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 3, 2018
Engie has great opportunities, and the company has a great mission that drives what they do. They help their employees with work/life balance as well.
Biomass plant
Unit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, NHJuly 1, 2018
Control room operator for 17mw turbine gen set 165kkph boiler

Maintain operation of plant stay in compliance with emissions
safely stabilize plant and equipment when trip offline
start up of plant
A Great place to work!
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 28, 2018
A Great place to work!
The work/life balance is great!
The company benefits is great!
But HR management is not very good, HR lost lots of talent people!
Great team environment
Insighter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 20, 2018
I enjoy the amount of time I get to collaborate with the rest of my team and other groups within the company. At times, I have felt under utilized. The business unit that I work for seems to be a little bit unfocused and chaotic right now, but I have a high hope that they will soon be in line.
Pros
Great team, great boss
Cons
non-competitive pay, a lot of change
HR & Recruiting Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time at ENGIE Storage, it has a great culture, great people and is a very supportive environment. The leadership is very committed to it's employees.
Good company, lack of advancement
Energy Analyst II/Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2018
Really liked working here, but could not move into certain departments because of which office i was in, some departments had to be in certain offices so i could not advance.
Pros
culture, people
Cons
advancement
Job Work/Life Balance is a major issue
A multi-site business leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2018
Unpredictable work schedules that change constantly for some employees; no nights, weekends or holidays off for lower-level employees. Job training/coaching processes need improvement
Ovearall a great place to work
Retail Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 10, 2018
Environment fosters learning. Leadership team is approachable. Merit has been shifting to popularity more so in recent years as opposed to performance; and overall, people are allowed to take on responsibility with reasonable autonomy. Pay is good. Growth and opportunity depend on your perspective and where you are in the company.
Pros
Open to discussing new ideas
Cons
Ractive approach
working with Massachusetts state police and TSA
Building maintenace (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2018
A small cleaning crew i let them know what is needed to be done
along with building maintenance that is covered by me .
Lot if contracted company's in Logan,sit in meeting of proceedings
and work at troop F .Reporting to Mass Port of all repairs and
needs of building including contractors .Work with web control
also.
Pros
work with a lot of great people
Hard to define
MARKET ANALYST SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  1313 N Atlantic, Spokane, WA 99201May 1, 2018
I worked remotely on a large data migration project. When that project was completed I was placed on a specialized team which handled the more unique client situations mostly bankruptcy clients. There were many challenges with working remotely. Communication could be difficult without out face to face interface, but we managed. The most enjoyable part of my job was the data migration project. That project perfectly fit my skill set and I had a great relationship with my supervisor.
Pros
Flexability in schedules
Cons
Chalenging sitiation with learning new processes remotely
No not recomend
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 1, 2018
Management is a joke, will not stand up for their employees. You are expected to work 70+ hours a week 7 days a week. Most of their work force in contract and it is nearly impossible to get hired in.
No comment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MobileApril 25, 2018
During my role at Engie I did learn a lot but this was from my fellow colleagues who had been tuped into the business. Changes were made within the management team towards the end of my time at Engie which made my role less enjoyable and not a very nice work environment.
Enjoyed the work and co-workers
Client Onboarding Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 20, 2018
Good company and great co-workers. No clear advancement path from my role. Enjoyed my position, I learned a lot about Energy and Sustainability as well as waste and recycling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ENGIE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

1.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight