Engility Employee Reviews

Engility as a company
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Department of DefenseJuly 6, 2018
As a contractor for the government it appears that Engility just seems to hire employees to fill seats. Only gives 10 days a year for PTO and no sick leave. Not flexable with hours and tthe company does not for make up time. Not very impessed with company as a whole.
Pros
Monday -Friday
Cons
everything else
Corporate is workung through a new team
Lead Programmer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 27, 2018
There is a fairly new CEO who is trying to fix problems from the previous management team.

Engility is primarily a services corporation and has very little knowledge in how to operate a development/manufacturing project.

The best part of the culture was the ability for flex time and working remotely if needed. This is a great boon to those with children.
Pros
Young corporation
Cons
Open floorplans mixing Coders with all other Jobs.
Just another federal contract company
Sr. IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 17, 2018
It is just temporary work for civil agencies at the federal government. You will be doing minimum work since they just want to fill the seat with warm bodies.
Ability to engage with members on other projects.
CPIC Subject Matter Expert/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2018
There were a number of different projects co-located, which gave you the opportunity to engage with other projects to leverage their experience and knowledge.
Pros
Co-Location
Cons
Unstable leadership
productive and rewarding
Sr. Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  MDJune 10, 2018
I am not physically located at the company and I don't see management that often. That said, I have not had much problem getting in touch with them or them with me. My workday is always very busy. I get pleasure from seeing junior analysts performing their jobs with commitment to our mission and knowing that I had a part in preparing them to do their job. I further enjoy fulfilling my responsibilities, realizing the importance of our mission.
Engility Summary
Lead Project Manager / Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 7, 2018
Not a supportive company for its employees; management does not help employees advance nor find new opportunities within the company at all; terrible senior management
Pros
paid employee training
Cons
No management support or help for job relocation
Growing company focused on core engineering solutions for customers
Senior Logistician (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJune 1, 2018
Engility continues to grow and provide strong solutions across the spectrum of government and civil support activities. My project provided three good years of engaged service to the Naval Aviation Enterprise and I had no doubt that my efforts were appreciated by corporate and customer leadership.

The opportunity afforded necessary work/life balance and encouraged me to seek out professional and personal growth opportunities. The organization supported my Navy Reserve career and provided training that would parallel both careers.
Pros
Strong education benefits, excellent healthcare and 401K options
Cons
Struggle for follow-on work beyond initial contract
good life support
Range Technician (Former Employee) –  kuwaitMay 30, 2018
nil company disruptive fails to communicate properly with employees. It is trying but not hard enough. Has a long way to go to gain the trust of its people.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
Program Manager
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 28, 2018
Engility (TASC) had a few challenging years, but believe they are on a strong growth path. Enjoyed working for the company, unfortunately, they went through a substantial downsizing.
Nice company
Program Cost Control Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2018
This was my very first government contracting employer. Considering I had very little experience in this industry, I must admit that I learned a lot about the industry working with Engility for 7 years.
Little to no communication
Test Range Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 17, 2018
I cannot recommend this company to anyone. There is no communication until the last minute. I am trying to fill up this space so that I can move along on this website
Work on Client Site
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 11, 2018
I support US Govt client for Engility. My day to day activities depend on the project requirement and customer needs. I am regularly involved with different component at the agency.
Defense Contract
System Administrator-Lead Level (Former Employee) –  South KoreaMay 11, 2018
Once Ilex split off from L3 they became Engility and didn't recover from the split. Pay is lower than industry standards and management isn't highly skilled.
Compensation
Idirect Fire Instructor (Former Employee) –  BagrāmMay 7, 2018
I took this job for the money so that I could pay off my debts and go to school. But it was a great job. I'd keep it if I got to see my family more than I did.
Administrative and Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAMay 1, 2018
If someone is looking for a relaxed office environment then this would be a great place to work. The people and management were great and offered wonderful perks.
Too large-company that does not spend enough time on its employees
Consultant & Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 30, 2018
This company formed by buying several different practices and lumping together a large consulting corporation with no culture, and one that does not treat its individual employees all that well. The performance review process they put in place is terrible, pay is non competitive and the career options are almost nonexistant once you are on a contract - you stay there. They did however move to pay for PMP bootcamp which was nice, but to no other end in itself. Happy to move on.
Pros
Training paid
Cons
Cog in the machine
Professional work environment.
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Remote - Work From HomeApril 25, 2018
Worked remote from home so did not get a full exposure to the culture and amenities. My co-workers were professional and easy to work with. Company went through several mergers and transitions in a short time which made things challenging.
Pros
Remote work from home
Cons
Job security
Excellent company
Director of Technology (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 15, 2018
Engility is a great company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone. My role as Technical Director does not lend itself to further career advancement as we don't have an Office of the CTO
Poor management who only cares about the next contract bid
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZApril 14, 2018
Poor management who only cares about the next contract bid. Individual employees were not supported, the attitude was the customer was always right.

If the company would evaluate the customer's engineering needs and then guide and assist the customer in meeting those requirements, then I would evaluate the company more favorably.
Corporate needs to do a better job connecting with offsite contractors
Systems Engineer, Sr. Staff (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 9, 2018
Since the offsite contractors represent a vital part of the company's bottom line, more effort should be made to address the concerns that they face while working in the presence of the customer. The offsite contractors are ambassadors of the Engility corporate brand and those that are successful at performing in that environment on a daily basis should be recognized.
Pros
Job Opportunities
Cons
Low salaries and no advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Engility. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight