Engility Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Little to no communication
Test Range Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 17, 2018
I cannot recommend this company to anyone. There is no communication until the last minute. I am trying to fill up this space so that I can move along on this website
Work on Client Site
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 11, 2018
I support US Govt client for Engility. My day to day activities depend on the project requirement and customer needs. I am regularly involved with different component at the agency.
Defense Contract
System Administrator-Lead Level (Former Employee) –  South KoreaMay 11, 2018
Once Ilex split off from L3 they became Engility and didn't recover from the split. Pay is lower than industry standards and management isn't highly skilled.
Compensation
Idirect Fire Instructor (Former Employee) –  BagrāmMay 7, 2018
I took this job for the money so that I could pay off my debts and go to school. But it was a great job. I'd keep it if I got to see my family more than I did.
Administrative and Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAMay 1, 2018
If someone is looking for a relaxed office environment then this would be a great place to work. The people and management were great and offered wonderful perks.
Too large-company that does not spend enough time on its employees
Consultant & Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 30, 2018
This company formed by buying several different practices and lumping together a large consulting corporation with no culture, and one that does not treat its individual employees all that well. The performance review process they put in place is terrible, pay is non competitive and the career options are almost nonexistant once you are on a contract - you stay there. They did however move to pay for PMP bootcamp which was nice, but to no other end in itself. Happy to move on.
Pros
Training paid
Cons
Cog in the machine
Professional work environment.
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Remote - Work From HomeApril 25, 2018
Worked remote from home so did not get a full exposure to the culture and amenities. My co-workers were professional and easy to work with. Company went through several mergers and transitions in a short time which made things challenging.
Pros
Remote work from home
Cons
Job security
Excellent company
Director of Technology (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 15, 2018
Engility is a great company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone. My role as Technical Director does not lend itself to further career advancement as we don't have an Office of the CTO
Poor management who only cares about the next contract bid
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZApril 14, 2018
Poor management who only cares about the next contract bid. Individual employees were not supported, the attitude was the customer was always right.

If the company would evaluate the customer's engineering needs and then guide and assist the customer in meeting those requirements, then I would evaluate the company more favorably.
Corporate needs to do a better job connecting with offsite contractors
Systems Engineer, Sr. Staff (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 9, 2018
Since the offsite contractors represent a vital part of the company's bottom line, more effort should be made to address the concerns that they face while working in the presence of the customer. The offsite contractors are ambassadors of the Engility corporate brand and those that are successful at performing in that environment on a daily basis should be recognized.
Pros
Job Opportunities
Cons
Low salaries and no advancement opportunities

Want to know more about Engility?

Ask a question
Excellent Place To Work
(TADSS) Contact Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Camp Buehring KuwaitApril 6, 2018
Long drive to work daily (130 km). Upper Management team is A+. Kuwait is a great place to work. The environment is pretty challenging at times. Love my Job
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Heat
Home
Program Manager CERP Civilian Information Manager (Former Employee) –  BagrāmApril 4, 2018
I worked with the company through all its alterations from almost founding through its present name and configuration (15 years). It was, quite simply, home. This company puts people over profit, yet exceeds industry standards for performance.
Pros
Outstanding work environment, competitive salaries, Understanding management
Cons
A little disjointed with deployed employees because of the time differences
Great Team of Professionals
Military Analyst/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VA 20151April 4, 2018
I worked part-time on call for Engility in Germany in support of the US Army. Best Management I have been a part of. I only left to take a full time job as a Project Manager.
Pros
Excellent Management
Great place to learn
Junior Engineer/Scientist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 2, 2018
Here we spent each day reading off a document that instructs us on how to configure a system. We can stray from it and troubleshoot beyond what the document says.

On another note Management does not know how to talk correctly to its staff. They will yell at you when you make them uncomfortable or they feel they don't know the answer.

Even through just those two things, if you want exposure to Cisco, Servers, vmWare, RedHat Linux, and more you will have to self learn inbetween doing the same document to the same type of hardware over and over again.
Title's do not exist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, MDApril 1, 2018
Plenty of opportunity to advance or learn something new . If you work you hard, you will keep your job. If you miss work a lot, mess around, You gone!!
Pros
Team oriented, company challenges you
Cons
Corporate needs to recognize the lower guys who keep the company afloat
Great environment with a great culture
PKE Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZMarch 29, 2018
Loved my career and position. Loved the people and the work is great. The only issue I ever had was that it is a contract and when it comes up for re compete your in the dark. When the contract was lost to another company the employees were left in the dark and had to find work elsewhere.
Cons
Contract bidding is slow and causes issues with life outside of work
Engility Review
Lead Distributed Learning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 27, 2018
Great place to work. Good salary and outstanding leadership. Opportunities for advancement. Variety of different contracting vehicles in the federal government and other agencies.
Unprofessional Management
PROJECT SETUP SPECIALIST III (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 27, 2018
Management are unprofessional, petty, vindictive, and openly show favoritism. There is lack of advancement in the Andover, MA location. Benefits are decent but could be better.
Benefits
Good technical challenge
Test Engineer and Modeling/Simulation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 26, 2018
I acquired experience in key areas of software development, particularly using Java. Significant experience was also acquired in MATLAB, R, and LaTeX. I was able to apply much of my research experience to my daily tasks.
Productive work place
System Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 25, 2018
I don't know what to put here. I really can't talk about a typical day at work nor can I describe what I do on such an open place. I can not describe what I learned there in such an open place. I basically can not do what you ask for this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Engility. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

12%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

12%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss