Engineering Associates Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good place to work.
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHMay 4, 2018
Typical day involved working on specific projects. I learned a lot about designing a variety of projects. Management was fair and the workplace culture was good.
Pros
Nice people.
Cons
Lacked benefits.
everything was great
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 31, 2018
nothing to really say but i enjoyed it. everybody was working as a team and there was really nobody left behind because everybody showed each other how to do something or taught us how to get around are problems in auto cad
Pros
team enviorment
Cons
fast paced
Poorly managed
project (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Management has no idea of the goal of purpose of projects. No direction or leadership, clueless of market requirements and no room for opinion of your background expertise. They just want admins will react to their commands and micro management ideas.
benefits
Cons
no direction or leadership
Office Job
FACILITY MANAGEMENT ENGINEER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 3, 2018
Work with long term professionals and master proficiency in spreadsheet and database programs. Medium company with room to advance. Probably helps if you golf too.
Cons
Stuffy
Good place to begin my Engineering career
Project Engineer - Systems Engineering Division (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2017
Engineering was a good place to start my Engineering career. Our "Bread and Butter" was the Independent Telco market in the Southeast. We also performed Design and engineering contracts at Military bases in the Northeast, and for NASA, at the Kennedy Space center in Florida. It was interesting work.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Excessive travel at times
Good place to learn and grow
Project Engineer - Systems Engineering Division (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 21, 2017
This was my first position in Telecom Engineering. EA's customer base was in the Independent Telco market, so I got to consult with a lot of small Telco's in the Southeast. We also performed contracts for the Military, as well as for NASA, at the Kennedy Space Center. It was very interesting.
Fun place to work
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORNovember 27, 2017
I was fresh out of school when I was hired there. I created many working construction drawings based on fielders sketches and notes. I really enjoyed the experience with them. If I was offered a job there again I would gladly take it.
Ongoing rash....
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 5, 2017
A typical day at work was convincing upper management the IT Policy and procedures from our parent company.
I learned that inexperienced management will not have an open mind or understanding of proper procedure or structure.
The culture in this business is a dictatorship at its worse.
Upper management will belittle you and HR will not resolve the issue stating "It must be you", and this is because they hire inexperienced employees who are afraid of losing their job.
The job itself is very cumbersome and is not difficult it is the management that makes the work space unbearable.
Pros
Get to leave work and head home.
Cons
Management and structure.
Flexible Schedule
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Engineering Associates. The people with whom I worked were very friendly and had a good work ethic. Management allowed us to do our job and as a result, I feel that most people responded by doing a good job.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Pay was below average

Comment – April 19, 2018

Was laid off due to lack of work. This was disappointing because this was a really nice company to work for. I would have taken time off if necessary. Later, was in the process of being brought back and they cancelled an interview and never heard another thing from them. I'm a little disappointed in their lack of communication at the very end. Otherwise, it was one of my favorite companies that I ever worked for.

Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 3, 2017
Engineering Associates is an mid-sized company focused on the needs of independent Telecom CO-OPs which are under the guidelines and funding of the RUS.
Fun Environment
Designer/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 29, 2017
Pro

I liked working for this company. The atmosphere was very laid back and I was encouraged to strive past my potential.

Con

Could be more transparency with the management and workers.
great folks to work for
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 11, 2017
I learned a lot during my stay at EA. The people are great to work with and always willing to help other employees learn the ropes. The pay is a bit low for our area.
Pros
people
Cons
low pay
Production oriented company, great employees with drive to excell
MGR OSP Planning, Engineering and Design (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 11, 2017
Managers are willing to work with employee's with time schedules and off time. The most enjoyable part of the day is interacting with the other employee's. Hardest part of the job is hours worked. Culture of the work place is light hearted and fun. I have learned many systems with CAD and record keeping in the OSP industry.
Pros
Enjoyable work enviroment
Cons
Hours worked
Micro managed by clueless people
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAOctober 31, 2016
Great work experience for no pay. The worst management I have every experienced. Promised pay then taken away. Promised perdiem then taken away. The worst office environment ever. Micro-managed by people with no idea how to price, schedule, survey, draft or do accounting. The boss was on my A** every minute I was in the office. We completed a back-haul project that was scheduled for 16 months in less than 4. Sr Management demanded the whole staff be laid off two weeks before Christmas.
Pros
On occasion the boss would leave.
Cons
The boss would come back.
I was lucky to have an assignment at a Rural CoOperative. The people I worked with was outstanding.
Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wartburg,TN.August 18, 2016
The Company I was assigned to was mainly copper based. I designed,engineered , built and placed in service all the customers in the Rural Cooperative.
Pros
enjoyed 7 years
Cons
never got a raise from EA even though the Rual Cooperative asked EA 4 times to give me a raise.
Productive workplace
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 28, 2016
I enjoyed working at Engineering Associates because it was very easy going and a self motivating position. I really enjoyed the job, but the position was temporary.
relaxing atmosphere for working
Designer/Drafter (Current Employee) –  Cintennial COFebruary 8, 2016
I have had a great deal of learning different tasks or jobs that were required for the business to possibly grow, This allowed me to try new ideas and get feedback from the project manager to see if I might be on the right track. The hardest part of the job would be that the deadlines would change and sometimes not or the better from the customer. I work with a variety of ethnic backgrounds. This allows for different ideas to be shared in the office in hopes of the best possible solution to the issues at hand. I find that the diversity of the employees in the office make for a positive learning experience.
Pros
relaxing atmosphere for work
Cons
high stress for deadlines
Productive and nice workplace with friendly co-workers.
Municipal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHApril 8, 2015
A typical day would include working on design of new projects or revisions of existing projects. Revisions of existing projects would be reviewed by a Principal and/or corrected in AutoCAD by a draftsman. Learned the process from design to bid opening and award to inspection. All the Principals were friendly and would answer my questions. Co-workers were helpful in answering questions and in general nice to be with. Hardest part of this job was transferring from college to a workplace and learning what was needed to succeed in a work setting. Most enjoyable part was learning how everything works together and being with friendly co-workers.
Pros
Friendly staff, got breaks, donuts, worked on multiple projects.
Cons
Did not receive much guidance and had to ask lots of questions.
a challenging work place
engineering associates (Former Employee) –  discovery suitesOctober 10, 2014
i really love working in a hotel, my stay at Discovey is very challenging and satisfying days of my life, and i will never gonna forgot the friends and the experience i have in Discovery Suites.
diverse and interesting workplace with many clients
Computer Aided Drafter II (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 10, 2014
learned many aspects when it comes to telecommunication field
coworkers are always relaxed and dedicated to customer satisfaction
Pros
flexibility
Cons
benefits are not worth it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Engineering Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight