Engineering Solutions and Products Employee Reviews

Stressful environment and poor vacation
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDAugust 27, 2018
Medical Benefits are decent, vacation is horrible. 2 weeks per year and that is until your are there at least 5+ years. No option to telework, even in bad weather. Management is very demanding and can make the job very stressful.
Pros
cheaper medical insurance
Cons
Vacation, Vacation, Vacation
Installer (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 22, 2018
In the company you will get to know a lot of people and have fun trips for work purposes, it is a competitive but yet collaborative culture and I would say that the hardest part of the job would be time management at times.
Great place to work at while Jim owned it.
Property Management Specialist/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 23, 2018
It's still not a bad place to work at, but the entire culture has changed, from what I've heard from many many different people. And that culture it had, that's what made ESP different and better than all the other contract companies. That's what made it special.
Great employees and staff
ESP LLC, Logistics, Senior (Former Employee) –  JBLM WASeptember 17, 2018
Duties/Responsibilities included providing support in planning, coordination, and execution oversight/ tracking and after action review for Total Package Fielding and New Equipment Training of the Joint Battle Command Platform family of products (legacy, current, future) as well as other PM Mission Command Products as directed. I interfaced with Army customers (Active, Reserve and National Guard components), and interacted with them on a daily basis with internal and external government agencies as well as other contracted support agencies and personnel.
Pros
great teams and outstanding leadership
Cons
getting layed off
New management tanked this company
Brigade level Field Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk LAAugust 24, 2018
Under the original CEO this was a dream place to work for. Once it was sold out profit became the only thing the management cared about. The rapid loss of their government contracts was a direct result of this poor leadership.
Enjoyed traveling
Logistics Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 9, 2018
Company allowed me to travel and see the country conus and oconus. I worked in a team environment , allowing me to learn people and personalities. Our CEO was various generous with Christmas gift as well as awards.
hey there
Inventory & Shipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 10, 2018
I worked there for just over a year before joining the US Army. It was a very nice work environment but was also very fast paced and couldn't be taken lightly.
Productive and a great work environment.
FBCB2/BFT/JCR Installer (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 18, 2018
World-wide travel, great pay, superb middle-management. Workplace culture made up of prior service men and women. The hardest part of the job was being away from your family for long periods of time.
Great place to work with the most comprehensive benefits package of any company I have worked for.
Equipment fielding tech. (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 26, 2012
Was proud to work for this company. They provided me with the means to support my growing family. The job was sometimes very demanding as far as physical such as hours and working outside, However i found that leadership supported and worked alongside me along the way. I look forward to an opportunity to work with this company in the future.
Pros
great benefits, travel, great management and leadership, rewarding work with soldiers
Cons
travel, low job security
Product and good professional environment
TRADOC Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lee, VAFebruary 22, 2018
Working with students in a college environment with professional people. Teaching coaching and mentoring soldiers has been the most satisfying part of working with Engineering Solutions and Products.
Pros
Soldiers and mentoring
Cons
Career advancement.

Want to know more about Engineering Solutions and Products?

Ask a question
Very enjoyable work place with great people
Property Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMay 24, 2018
My days was very enjoyable deal with customer and make sure they got the equipment they need to do there mission. There was no hard part about they job. Most of the job was issue equipment and inventory equipment.
Pros
traveling with the company
Cons
no issue with the job
One of the best places I have every worked.
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMay 29, 2012
A typical work day at ESP varied from PC installs, network installation, system administration, Blackberry service and printer installs.

I learned a great deal about system administration and network functions.

Management was excellent. Always willing to provide training and promotion opprotunities. Very willing to allow time for family sistuations should they arise.

Co-workers are like family. Always willing to go above and beyond what is required of them to make things happen. A truly supurb team.

They hardest part of the job was leaving it.

Most enjoyable part of the day was interacting with co-workers.
Pros
very work-friendly enviroment.
ESP was probably one of the most enjoyable of any of my previous employers.
Installer / Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXApril 30, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with ESP. I gained knowledge and experience of which I am grateful. Management was fair and understanding of what we were required to do and what was necessary for the happiness of our families. I am truly grateful to have experienced that from an employer.
Pros
Benefits, unexpected bonuses, and overall respect
Cons
location
Undergoing Changes
GBS NETT/FSR- (TSBM) Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXApril 10, 2015
Good company to work for. There have been a multitude of changes in Govt contracting, and the new CEO is doing his best to keep us competitive in the market.
Pros
Open door policy to the CEO.
Cons
Benefits have declined due to draw down in Govt Contracting
professional but relaxed work environment
Assistant Corporate Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJMarch 28, 2018
I had a very nice experience taking care of a three story corporate office but as the company's growth plateaued my work load slowed considerably and I got bored.
I put my notice in and went back to labor.
Productive and a very fun enviorment
Logistician and New Equipment Trainer (Former Employee) –  Killeen TXDecember 5, 2017
This was one of the best company that I worked for. Team work were among the best as well as leadership. Our customers was our number one priority. Great company all around.
Pros
Management cared about their people.
Government Contractor Work
Logistic Fielder (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 16, 2012
I loved working with this group of people, and the traveling all over the United States and Overseas countries was great. I had some family time when I wasn't traveling for the job, which was harsh on the home front, but it was tolerable. The pay made up for alot of the short comings of being a government contractor.
Pros
travel, great pay, did have good benefits.
Cons
working with little time off at job locations, lack of job security.
great company but crippled by gov't
Manager, ARCGIS/Map Production Mission Command (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 6, 2018
This used to be the company most people where I live wanted to work for...things have changed unfortunately (many reason). Not much security in the contracting world anymore.
Pros
people
Cons
upward movement
Great team!
System Engineer IV/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 13, 2018
on customer site mos of the time but it was well spent. need to regroup as a company and do more for the employees. they lost so many contracts from the Army because some people believed they were above the law. .... well the remaining faction are still good people i hope they can comeback strong again as they once were. thanks ESP.
Very productive company
Product Manager Radars ESP (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDOctober 18, 2016
Good company, looking for company with less travel involved, Company management team very productive and help build cohesive team. All coworkers are very team oriented. The hardest part of job is the travel every month for 3 weeks out of month. I enjoy working with the Soldiers and training on newest Army equipment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Engineering Solutions and Products. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2