Englewood Community Hospital Employee Reviews

BBQ employees recognition
Surgical Coordinator/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJDecember 5, 2018
High volume of patient not too much of a team work seen and i believe that was the hardest part of my job .Also, changes were promised never happened .
Not a good place to work
Precertification Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJJanuary 28, 2019
Management makes an uncomfortable work environment
Alot of cons especially with regards to management and providers.Management is created to through insecure uneducated workers who have been in the same areas of expertise for many years. Alot of clique and gossip at least in the area of the hospital I worked which was alot Internal medicine & Infectious disease doctors. There is disconnect with management and staff. It was extremely disorganized, employees not trained properly and have zero knowledge of their jobs. Providers not documenting their work but upset when authorizations get denied because they failed to provide pertinent information. If you're educated and have knowledge be aware management will do anything to defame you, because of their insecurities.
Pros
Free Lunches
good
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJJanuary 11, 2019
great awesome place to work very clean and orderly lots of choices to choose from in the cafeteria wish i wasn't having to move so far away so i could stay there
head nurse
Charge Nurse Surgical Floor (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJDecember 29, 2018
Enjoyed working on a step down unit an as a charge nurse. Was doing further advancement for ICU skills and was able to work in the units at times,very flexible.
Decent work culture
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJDecember 29, 2018
Community setting, the employees are pretty nice and easy to get along with. I would say that we look out for one another because management surely doesn't. No one protects the employee, if there's a problem and you complain to HR, prepare to be harassed until you either quit or they fire you. Management makes an uncomfortable work environment. They'll micromanage you and nit pick until you've had enough. The demeanor in which they even talk to you very INTIMIDATING and DEGRADING. You don't have a voice.
Pros
Holiday bonus, tuition reimbursement, Colleagues
Cons
Missed meals, low pay, management, little or no staffing
The best job experience of my life
System Analyst / Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJNovember 27, 2018
I was blessed to work at this Hospital EHMC it was the best
the only thing I did not like about this Hospital EHMC was the nepotism in the HR department.
Cons
Management was friendly and willing to listen if there was a suggestion.
Cytotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 2, 2019
Management came to our lab quite often and inquired about how things were going in our day-to-day workloads.
There were employee-wide events where employees could interact with other employees.
A great deal of effort was made to make improvements to patient care.
Pros
Hospital wide events
Cons
Cytology laboratory was closed.
Echo Technologist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLFebruary 9, 2019
ECH in Englewood, FL is a small community hospital. It is a great place to work. You truly are family there. Everyone from the cleaning crew to the CEO work together to ensure the patients are being taken care of.
Pros
Good team effort with all patient care areas
Cons
small community hospital, pay could be better
Great Atmosphere
OR Schedular & Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJOctober 29, 2018
The compensation is less than other Hospitals I have worked at before but the trade off for working at a place with an uplifting atmosphere overweighs it.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLFebruary 14, 2019
Loved working there. Treated very well..patients chose this hospital over others. Their choice! Ech has become the hospital of choice for the community. It has won awards.
Pros
Good people. Staff
Cons
Have to work.. few cons!
Laid back place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLDecember 19, 2018
It’s a good laid back place to work, I learned a lot about house keeping and other roles In the hospital. My co-workers were all really nice and easy to work and get along with
Pros
The pay
STAY OUT it's NOT worth it!
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJDecember 29, 2018
The culture is toxic and management does nothing about it! Most of the employees are lazy and don't want to work. There is no teamwork only a lot of chiefs trying to bark orders and will lie and cheat to get you out if you challenge them. The environment in this hospital will leave you in a state of shock and holding onto your nursing license for dear life. STAY OUT it's NOT worth it!
Pros
nothing
collaborative work environment
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJNovember 28, 2018
I am only a student intern at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center but my experiences at the hospital have been great. The staff is great and so friendly, they take really good care of the people who work there. All of the medical professionals that I've interacted with have said that they love what they do :)
its a good teaching hospital in North Jersey
Surgical technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJOctober 23, 2018
I was an surgical technologist externship for 7 months. I learned a lot from OR staffs. Englewood was a place to build, teach me to became a surgical technologist.
Good company
Registered Nurse Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLOctober 25, 2018
Great experience, very fast paced. Hardest part of job is not spending time with patients. All in all a good experience but very hectic work environment.
Cath lab Nurse
Cardiac Cath Lab RN (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJNovember 2, 2018
A typical day involved prepping patients and circulating during procedures as well as post op care.

Fast paced critical care environment enhanced skills.

Nurses took turns being in charge.

Dealing with difficult patients could be challenging at times, however most interactions with patients were positive. It was always rewarding to see them well cared for and leave content.
Pros
Autonomy in nursing care
Cons
lunch breaks were not consistent
Very kind and gentle work environment
Part time sonographer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 25, 2018
Supervisor was very good and helpful. Manager is very thoughtful and caring person. Overall very very nice work place and culture. They care about every employee and their family. I like them. I enjoyed the work relationship and environment.
Pros
a loving workplace family
Cardiac Nurse/Nurse Anesthetist/Perfusionist Beware
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJOctober 30, 2018
Englewood Hospital and Medical Center’s cardiac surgery program is a toxic environment to work in. The cardiac surgeons are an outside, money-driven contract group with strong self-serving power and influence that reaches the highest officers of the company. Hush money, fear tactics, public shaming (and termination) of team members have created a culture where everyone is walking on egg shells at all times with the continuous fear of being terminated. The added stress of thinking how to speak and if you should speak from fear of ‘bothering’ a superior is enough to break anyone. It’s no wonder they have had the same positions posted as a small program for not just months, but years. The middle managers are enabling cowards, bowing down to the administration, cleverly disguised and business centric, at the team’s expense. There are perks for being liked and subservient. I would not recommend any peer, colleague, or friend to work for this program. This is a mental health nightmare in an already high stress specialty.
beautiful clean nice people hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJOctober 31, 2018
I worked here for almost 10 years.all the people working here treat you as your own family.nice place to work with ,modern and safe place to work,i loved it!!
Boring, unprofessional
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLOctober 18, 2018
I was hired to basically maintain and retrieve records for a 3rd party company with the medical records department of the hospital. The job itself wasn't too bad. I was promised a raise after a probationary period...which was then denied in an extremely unprofessional manner. So I left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Englewood Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.