Englewood Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Decent work culture
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJDecember 29, 2018
Community setting, the employees are pretty nice and easy to get along with. I would say that we look out for one another because management surely doesn't. No one protects the employee, if there's a problem and you complain to HR, prepare to be harassed until you either quit or they fire you. Management makes an uncomfortable work environment. They'll micromanage you and nit pick until you've had enough. The demeanor in which they even talk to you very INTIMIDATING and DEGRADING. You don't have a voice.
Pros
Holiday bonus, tuition reimbursement, Colleagues
Cons
Missed meals, low pay, management, little or no staffing
STAY OUT it's NOT worth it!
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJDecember 29, 2018
The culture is toxic and management does nothing about it! Most of the employees are lazy and don't want to work. There is no teamwork only a lot of chiefs trying to bark orders and will lie and cheat to get you out if you challenge them. The environment in this hospital will leave you in a state of shock and holding onto your nursing license for dear life. STAY OUT it's NOT worth it!
Pros
nothing
Cons
Management was friendly and willing to listen if there was a suggestion.
Cytotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 2, 2019
Management came to our lab quite often and inquired about how things were going in our day-to-day workloads.
There were employee-wide events where employees could interact with other employees.
A great deal of effort was made to make improvements to patient care.
Pros
Hospital wide events
Cons
Cytology laboratory was closed.
Favoritism is rampant!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJFebruary 20, 2019
Even if you are starving, chose to starve vs. working here. Favoritism is rampant! The bigger the connections, the wealthier you and your family are, the better. Management is awful. You have to lie to patients too. While they call themselves a non - profit, they are only pro-profit. One you get past favoritism, you encounter people who discriminate against you and want to deport you if you have an accent, or don't speak English without an accent. The cafeteria is known for overhearing employees trashing anyone who's speaks more languages or main language is not English.

If you are in the healthcare industry to serve patients and to be treated with respect, than this place is not for you! If I could give them a minus five rating I would. Shameful to have these unethical folks in this community.
Cons
Not a good place to work
Precertification Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJJanuary 28, 2019
Management makes an uncomfortable work environment
Alot of cons especially with regards to management and providers.Management is created to through insecure uneducated workers who have been in the same areas of expertise for many years. Alot of clique and gossip at least in the area of the hospital I worked which was alot Internal medicine & Infectious disease doctors. There is disconnect with management and staff. It was extremely disorganized, employees not trained properly and have zero knowledge of their jobs. Providers not documenting their work but upset when authorizations get denied because they failed to provide pertinent information. If you're educated and have knowledge be aware management will do anything to defame you, because of their insecurities.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cath lab Nurse
Cardiac Cath Lab RN (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJNovember 2, 2018
A typical day involved prepping patients and circulating during procedures as well as post op care.

Fast paced critical care environment enhanced skills.

Nurses took turns being in charge.

Dealing with difficult patients could be challenging at times, however most interactions with patients were positive. It was always rewarding to see them well cared for and leave content.
Pros
Autonomy in nursing care
Cons
lunch breaks were not consistent
The standards set forth by leadership are the worst in the industry.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 17, 2018
How sad to see such lack of integrity and professionalism in a global corporation.

HCA will hire anyone with a pulse and keep them employed even after the pulse is gone.

The leadership and lack of experienced professional employees makes what HCA does in the rest of the county not even matter.

Recommendation only: get your leadership out from in front of the camera's and into the front lines where the real work is being preformed and keep those first responders alive.

The community knows your the CEO, COO, CNO, ACNO, VP and Directors. The employees know as well, step aside and support the service line or continue the fastest employee turnover and financial assault of retention in the state.

Good Luck HCA WFD, wishing you the best!!
Echo Technologist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLFebruary 9, 2019
ECH in Englewood, FL is a small community hospital. It is a great place to work. You truly are family there. Everyone from the cleaning crew to the CEO work together to ensure the patients are being taken care of.
Pros
Good team effort with all patient care areas
Cons
small community hospital, pay could be better
collaborative work environment
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJNovember 28, 2018
I am only a student intern at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center but my experiences at the hospital have been great. The staff is great and so friendly, they take really good care of the people who work there. All of the medical professionals that I've interacted with have said that they love what they do :)
Horrible experience
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLOctober 4, 2018
At first they offer you the moon and the stars, is NOT true, the job is not that bad, but, the leaders, and managers are horrible, they treat their employees really bad, they scream at you in front of the nurses and patients, and in front of your coworkers, they claim to have team work, thats not true, they always short staff for the same reason people come and go beacuse of the treatment, HCA is good but their leaders and manager in this hospital in EVS department are bad people, horrible people and don’t recommend at all, they are not organize and if they don't like you, they give you the worst area or task to do, there is a lot of favoritism between bosses and employees, honestly is not worth it and the pay is so little for the huge work, I don’t recommend it at all!!!
Pros
Cons
All of it
Expecting employees to be EPIC experts
Senior Systems Analyst - Finance (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJSeptember 12, 2018
I worked at EHMC from March 1980 until August 3, 2018. I was expected to be an EPIC expert although I had no or little support from Management or EPIC.
If you have a lot of EPIC experience, at least 5 years, then you might want to consider working at EHMC. If not, don't expect to be offered a position, and if you are, don't expert the salary to be more than $50,000.
Pros
Excellent B
Cons
Upper Management Expects more than you can deliver.
Overall good place to work.
Patient Care Secretarial Associate (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJAugust 29, 2018
A typical day at work for a PCSA on the CVICU unit is stocking supplies in the rooms so they are readily available for the nurses, ensuring all supplies necessary are on the unit, and assisting the nurses with patient care. The management was great with the Nurse Supervisor helping her underlings with anything they needed. Some downsides to the PCSA position is that you are able to do three separate jobs; patient care, secretary, and sitter. This means that the hospital can pull you to do any position on another unit if needed, which can be daunting if you rarely see your home unit.
Very kind and gentle work environment
Part time sonographer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 25, 2018
Supervisor was very good and helpful. Manager is very thoughtful and caring person. Overall very very nice work place and culture. They care about every employee and their family. I like them. I enjoyed the work relationship and environment.
Pros
a loving workplace family
A repaticious type job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJAugust 22, 2018
A typical day would be you're assigned a post and most likely that's your post for the day with the exception of a break relief. The job isn't taking seriously because the public doesn't take you seriously. Its a do what your told type of atmosphere no one wants to hear your side of things including management. The hardest part of this job was trying to deal with closed minded people. For the work that was executed and the pay that was received it wasn't worth it.
Pros
We had two 15min breaks not including lunch time.
Cons
low pay, over worked, not treated fairly
Boring, unprofessional
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLOctober 18, 2018
I was hired to basically maintain and retrieve records for a 3rd party company with the medical records department of the hospital. The job itself wasn't too bad. I was promised a raise after a probationary period...which was then denied in an extremely unprofessional manner. So I left.
The healthcare is excellent but the pay could be more.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJAugust 19, 2018
It is a nice place to work. The most enjoyable part of my job are the friends I made and work with everyday. We have many different cultures that I work with everyday. I would stay there but we relocated about an hour and half away. Englewood Hospital is a great place to work. The only issue I have is the pay. I wish they paid you more money. I would stay if they gave me more money.
Extremely busy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brandon FlSeptember 2, 2018
Poor work culture, always short shaff. They have a lot of democracy going on and nobody is addressing the problem. I'm so sorry that you have a poor manager on the night shift this could have been a very rewarding career. Company is allowing bullying and forcing you to work in an hostile environment.
Pros
Cons
Compensation, breaks, management.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLFebruary 14, 2019
Loved working there. Treated very well..patients chose this hospital over others. Their choice! Ech has become the hospital of choice for the community. It has won awards.
Pros
Good people. Staff
Cons
Have to work.. few cons!
The best job experience of my life
System Analyst / Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJNovember 27, 2018
I was blessed to work at this Hospital EHMC it was the best
the only thing I did not like about this Hospital EHMC was the nepotism in the HR department.
Laid back place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLDecember 19, 2018
It’s a good laid back place to work, I learned a lot about house keeping and other roles In the hospital. My co-workers were all really nice and easy to work and get along with
Pros
The pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Englewood Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight