Englewood Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Positive Atmosphere, Management and Workplace Culture
Quality Asurance and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJJuly 2, 2018
I enjoy managing, however, the most enjoyable part of my position was to develop policies, procedures and training modules for department and staff implementation. It demonstrated a collaborative and positive outlook for change for the staff in their role, as well as, to meet the needs of the department for the organization strategic goals.

The other part of my role was meeting with the staff on a monthly basis to review and discuss their Quality Assurance Score Card(measure % of the total number of patient registrations done per employee month, % registration errors, errors decrease, errors increased per area measured).
Pros
Management Support, Tools Provide and HR Developmental and Training opportunities
Cons
Ongoing computer system issues
Experience as a volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJJune 26, 2018
I volunteered at this hospital. I started off doing patient transport , then I worked in the infusion Dept I enjoyed working with patients and the staff was very helpful to me. I started to volunteer to get back into the work environment, I was hoping to get hired and be able to work in the hospital I really liked the environment and made lots of good friends that I still talk to today.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Did not get hired
good place to work
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJJune 25, 2018
very busy place; but its a hospital - we care more for the sick then the healthy so we have to run around to help those that can't help themselves due to illness.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Productive and a good experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJJune 16, 2018
Once you clock in, you are given different tasks and assignments throughout the day. The tasks cover different aspects of the hospital environment, whether you are discharging a patient, or bringing a specimen to the lab. The experience will give you a well rounded knowledge of the medical working environment.
na
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  yackJune 13, 2018
VEry nice place to work at, people are like family. Good training and good manangment. Good place to gain experiance at move up in the organization. 1
Englewood
Information (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 7, 2018
Has gotten downhill in terms of providing advancement for employees. Terrible management. I do not recommend anyone for this job if they are looking for anything that isn't nursing.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Stable job
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJMay 31, 2018
Fair job with very low pay doesn’t value their employees. They only show importance to their employee when it affects management. Just greatful to have a stable job.
Pros
Free lunches
Team Oriented Place to Work
eClinicalWorks-Epic Data Implementation (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJMay 9, 2018
EHMC is definitely a great place to start and end your career. Everyone works together to accomplish the mission. They recently went live on Epic. I was a contractor but felt like an employee amongst family. Excellent place to work.
A nice place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJMay 9, 2018
The director of Patient Access Services needs to go. She does nothing but go to and from the cafeteria and tells others about confidential issues in the department. She acts like she's still in high school.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Director has no clue what they are doing despite being there for years on end
Enthusiastic and friendly Enviornment
EMR Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJMay 7, 2018
Having been a consultant and working for myself prior to working at the EHMC the ease of knowing that I would get benefits for me and my family was a great plus. I started off my day with receiving support tickets that would come in via my email and then worked through them by troubleshooting with the practice or person whom had the issues. At times the issues would be as simple as educating the individual on workflow or on a certain part they were unaware of. As to getting in deep into the structure of the software and making changes to the setting or making a providers job easier by building templates or order sets. I loved that flexibility and diversity of my job. On a daily basis I was challenged and not any one day was the same. It kept me on my toes and eager to wanting to learn more. I class room training as well as individual training for more in-depth portions of software. Having the a quite place of my office to prepare and learn new things on conference calls or webinars were very exciting. I would have to say that I loved my job so much that I enjoy waking up to start my day. My manager is a very easy going and very intelligent individual as she was very knowledgeable and helpful in all aspects of the job and very fair and understanding to certain situations. Overall my experiencing at EHMC has been very enjoyable and I am would recommend anyone to work for this fast growing hospital.
Pros
Flexiable, travel expense, benefits, and overall job duites
Cons
Change of EMR
Professional and compassionate environment.
Front Desk Receptionist- BSS (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJApril 26, 2018
I enjoy working at Englewood and will continue to work there unless a better opportunity becomes available.
I work well independently as well as with others in my department.
Everyone is professional and possess similar work ethic in our small, family oriented surgical department.
Pros
Excellent boss.
Cons
Low salary.
nice staffs
Internship/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJApril 10, 2018
nice staffs, very friendly environment, many opportunity to grow and develop for individuals. nice building. nice training. community centered. nice CEO
n/a
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJApril 1, 2018
worked at the hospital's core lab, receiving specimens and delivering them to the appropriate department, assisted with the oncology department with venipunctures
love my job do not like hours
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, FLMarch 21, 2018
my starting time 12 noon to 8:30PM its very fast pace in season.
my partner leaves at 6:30PM then on my own for whole hospital
till 8:30when next phlebotomist comes on for third shift a lot of time i stay to help catch up because it so busy, i have expressed my concerns.
to my supervisor and was told she cant hire any help not busy enough we have 2 to 3 hr wait at times.the people i work with are great team players,i need to change my hours to a regular afternoon shift this shift is not family friendly, i
have been at my present job 17 years this shift two years. i have ask for change. now i have to look else were .i do not like to change jobs but now i have to think of the two children i have in my custody,
Pros
people are great team players
Cons
not enough help for all phlebotomist
Nice place to work.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJMarch 19, 2018
I started to work as a Unit Secretary in the three ICU's at Englewood Hospital.At first I was scared,because it was my first time being around patients who were very sick.I was hired to place Doctors written orders into the Hospital Medical Record System,It was a challenge to read those orders from Doctors. As time progressed I became a Pro at figuring out Doctors hand written orders.I was also spending time with patients on my downtime.I think working at Englewood Hospital was a wonderful learning experience for me.I met a lot of different people and learned a lot from my co-workers.My work environment was a fast paced unit,the nurses,aides,transporters are all team players!
Pros
Eating lunch in the Garden in the summer time.
Cons
Having to leave.
Great work environment
Chart Technician (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJMarch 5, 2018
I had a great experience while at Englewood hospital; great supervisors and co-workers. I experienced team work, some great work ethic and a truly lovely place to be.
A good team is hard to find, and harder to leave as well.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJFebruary 26, 2018
My evening crew on the medical-surgical floor at Englewood Hospital is one of the best. At the drop of a hat, my teammates are at the ready in any emergency that may arise; and when all is (relatively) peaceful they are quick to help each other. A typical day is teeming with doctors changing orders and admitting and discharging patients. It's never a dull moment! The people with whom I work make nursing very enjoyable and add to my feeling of fulfillment. The hardest part is sometimes protecting the unit (nurse-patient ratios). While management does their best, anyone can understand that management is typically stuck between a rock and a hard place: they have three groups of people to serve and work with (the patients, the staff, and their superiors). Over time, I've learned many things including how to protect my patients and my coworkers, how to speak up and stand up for something I believe is worth protecting. And if I take to heart anything from here it's that a good team is hard to find, and harder, still, to leave.
Patient care is the number one priority
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJFebruary 25, 2018
Englewood Hospital aims for the highest level of patient care and healthcare services. They are the leading provider of high-quality, comprehensive, and humanistic care serving northern New Jersey and beyond.
Very busy department to work in
Full Time - Breast Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJ 07631February 23, 2018
The breast center is a very busy place to work in. The schedule is almost always overbooked and you really have to be on your toes. I personally like the dynamic of working in a busy place although there are days that are simply exhausting
The hardest part of the job is having rooms tied up for indefinite amounts of time due to add on breast biopsies. So the whole scheduled gets backed up.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are truly helping women with one of the most prevalent health issues of their lives.
Pros
Working with great doctors
Cons
Sometimes working without a break
Easy job with self explanatory tasks
Diet and Nutrition (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJFebruary 20, 2018
This position was a great introduction in working in the medical field. I was able to become acquainted with building itself and the staff. Everyone is very friendly and helpful the the overall community feel is positive.

The hardest part is often being assigned to a full unit. Due to the ever growing success of the hospital, many units are filled with patients.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the people working there. As I said before, the EHMC has a very positive and like-minded staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight