Englewood Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Expecting employees to be EPIC experts
Senior Systems Analyst - Finance (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJSeptember 12, 2018
I worked at EHMC from March 1980 until August 3, 2018. I was expected to be an EPIC expert although I had no or little support from Management or EPIC.
If you have a lot of EPIC experience, at least 5 years, then you might want to consider working at EHMC. If not, don't expect to be offered a position, and if you are, don't expert the salary to be more than $50,000.
Pros
Excellent B
Cons
Upper Management Expects more than you can deliver.
Overall good place to work.
Patient Care Secretarial Associate (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJAugust 29, 2018
A typical day at work for a PCSA on the CVICU unit is stocking supplies in the rooms so they are readily available for the nurses, ensuring all supplies necessary are on the unit, and assisting the nurses with patient care. The management was great with the Nurse Supervisor helping her underlings with anything they needed. Some downsides to the PCSA position is that you are able to do three separate jobs; patient care, secretary, and sitter. This means that the hospital can pull you to do any position on another unit if needed, which can be daunting if you rarely see your home unit.
Excellent
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJAugust 27, 2018
Excellent environment to work. Nice and Friendly teams. Celebrated almost all the national holiday. Team outing and really understand each other and work as a team all the time.
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  EnglewoodAugust 21, 2018
Great place to work. Everyone is always so friendly and kind. Manager is willing to listen to concerns and work with you. Hope to continue to work here.
The healthcare is excellent but the pay could be more.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJAugust 19, 2018
It is a nice place to work. The most enjoyable part of my job are the friends I made and work with everyday. We have many different cultures that I work with everyday. I would stay there but we relocated about an hour and half away. Englewood Hospital is a great place to work. The only issue I have is the pay. I wish they paid you more money. I would stay if they gave me more money.
Good system
EMSTour Chief (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJJuly 26, 2018
Busy EMS system, good staff, great cooperation with management, Great support from hospital administration. it is a good place to work and would recommend to others. Training center is also second to none.
Pros
Diverse area
Cons
Employee communication
Positive Atmosphere, Management and Workplace Culture
Quality Asurance and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJJuly 2, 2018
I enjoy managing, however, the most enjoyable part of my position was to develop policies, procedures and training modules for department and staff implementation. It demonstrated a collaborative and positive outlook for change for the staff in their role, as well as, to meet the needs of the department for the organization strategic goals.

The other part of my role was meeting with the staff on a monthly basis to review and discuss their Quality Assurance Score Card(measure % of the total number of patient registrations done per employee month, % registration errors, errors decrease, errors increased per area measured).
Pros
Management Support, Tools Provide and HR Developmental and Training opportunities
Cons
Ongoing computer system issues
Experience as a volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJJune 26, 2018
I volunteered at this hospital. I started off doing patient transport , then I worked in the infusion Dept I enjoyed working with patients and the staff was very helpful to me. I started to volunteer to get back into the work environment, I was hoping to get hired and be able to work in the hospital I really liked the environment and made lots of good friends that I still talk to today.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Did not get hired
good place to work
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJJune 25, 2018
very busy place; but its a hospital - we care more for the sick then the healthy so we have to run around to help those that can't help themselves due to illness.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Productive and a good experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJJune 16, 2018
Once you clock in, you are given different tasks and assignments throughout the day. The tasks cover different aspects of the hospital environment, whether you are discharging a patient, or bringing a specimen to the lab. The experience will give you a well rounded knowledge of the medical working environment.
na
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  yackJune 13, 2018
VEry nice place to work at, people are like family. Good training and good manangment. Good place to gain experiance at move up in the organization. 1
Englewood
Information (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 7, 2018
Has gotten downhill in terms of providing advancement for employees. Terrible management. I do not recommend anyone for this job if they are looking for anything that isn't nursing.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Stable job
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJMay 31, 2018
Fair job with very low pay doesn’t value their employees. They only show importance to their employee when it affects management. Just greatful to have a stable job.
Pros
Free lunches
Team Oriented Place to Work
eClinicalWorks-Epic Data Implementation (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJMay 9, 2018
EHMC is definitely a great place to start and end your career. Everyone works together to accomplish the mission. They recently went live on Epic. I was a contractor but felt like an employee amongst family. Excellent place to work.
A nice place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJMay 9, 2018
The director of Patient Access Services needs to go. She does nothing but go to and from the cafeteria and tells others about confidential issues in the department. She acts like she's still in high school.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Director has no clue what they are doing despite being there for years on end
Enthusiastic and friendly Enviornment
EMR Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJMay 7, 2018
Having been a consultant and working for myself prior to working at the EHMC the ease of knowing that I would get benefits for me and my family was a great plus. I started off my day with receiving support tickets that would come in via my email and then worked through them by troubleshooting with the practice or person whom had the issues. At times the issues would be as simple as educating the individual on workflow or on a certain part they were unaware of. As to getting in deep into the structure of the software and making changes to the setting or making a providers job easier by building templates or order sets. I loved that flexibility and diversity of my job. On a daily basis I was challenged and not any one day was the same. It kept me on my toes and eager to wanting to learn more. I class room training as well as individual training for more in-depth portions of software. Having the a quite place of my office to prepare and learn new things on conference calls or webinars were very exciting. I would have to say that I loved my job so much that I enjoy waking up to start my day. My manager is a very easy going and very intelligent individual as she was very knowledgeable and helpful in all aspects of the job and very fair and understanding to certain situations. Overall my experiencing at EHMC has been very enjoyable and I am would recommend anyone to work for this fast growing hospital.
Pros
Flexiable, travel expense, benefits, and overall job duites
Cons
Change of EMR
Professional and compassionate environment.
Front Desk Receptionist- BSS (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJApril 26, 2018
I enjoy working at Englewood and will continue to work there unless a better opportunity becomes available.
I work well independently as well as with others in my department.
Everyone is professional and possess similar work ethic in our small, family oriented surgical department.
Pros
Excellent boss.
Cons
Low salary.
nice staffs
Internship/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJApril 10, 2018
nice staffs, very friendly environment, many opportunity to grow and develop for individuals. nice building. nice training. community centered. nice CEO
n/a
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJApril 1, 2018
worked at the hospital's core lab, receiving specimens and delivering them to the appropriate department, assisted with the oncology department with venipunctures
love my job do not like hours
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, FLMarch 21, 2018
my starting time 12 noon to 8:30PM its very fast pace in season.
my partner leaves at 6:30PM then on my own for whole hospital
till 8:30when next phlebotomist comes on for third shift a lot of time i stay to help catch up because it so busy, i have expressed my concerns.
to my supervisor and was told she cant hire any help not busy enough we have 2 to 3 hr wait at times.the people i work with are great team players,i need to change my hours to a regular afternoon shift this shift is not family friendly, i
have been at my present job 17 years this shift two years. i have ask for change. now i have to look else were .i do not like to change jobs but now i have to think of the two children i have in my custody,
Pros
people are great team players
Cons
not enough help for all phlebotomist

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight