Englewood Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

beautiful clean nice people hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJOctober 31, 2018
I worked here for almost 10 years.all the people working here treat you as your own family.nice place to work with ,modern and safe place to work,i loved it!!
Cardiac Nurse/Nurse Anesthetist/Perfusionist Beware
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJOctober 30, 2018
Englewood Hospital and Medical Center’s cardiac surgery program is a toxic environment to work in. The cardiac surgeons are an outside, money-driven contract group with strong self-serving power and influence that reaches the highest officers of the company. Hush money, fear tactics, public shaming (and termination) of team members have created a culture where everyone is walking on egg shells at all times with the continuous fear of being terminated. The added stress of thinking how to speak and if you should speak from fear of ‘bothering’ a superior is enough to break anyone. It’s no wonder they have had the same positions posted as a small program for not just months, but years. The middle managers are enabling cowards, bowing down to the administration, cleverly disguised and business centric, at the team’s expense. There are perks for being liked and subservient. I would not recommend any peer, colleague, or friend to work for this program. This is a mental health nightmare in an already high stress specialty.
Great Atmosphere
OR Schedular & Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJOctober 29, 2018
The compensation is less than other Hospitals I have worked at before but the trade off for working at a place with an uplifting atmosphere overweighs it.
its a good teaching hospital in North Jersey
Surgical technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJOctober 23, 2018
I was an surgical technologist externship for 7 months. I learned a lot from OR staffs. Englewood was a place to build, teach me to became a surgical technologist.
Friendly professional
Operating Room Transporter (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJOctober 10, 2018
Typical day at work was always pleasant. Everyone was friendly and bosses were helpful always. Great people and great place to work. Best part for me help others everyday.
Benefits
Cons
Low paying
Great Place To Work
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJSeptember 18, 2018
I met great people and promotion was a wonderful incentive. I met a best friend that I took with me through my life. Learned new experiences and achieved great goals
Expecting employees to be EPIC experts
Senior Systems Analyst - Finance (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJSeptember 12, 2018
I worked at EHMC from March 1980 until August 3, 2018. I was expected to be an EPIC expert although I had no or little support from Management or EPIC.
If you have a lot of EPIC experience, at least 5 years, then you might want to consider working at EHMC. If not, don't expect to be offered a position, and if you are, don't expert the salary to be more than $50,000.
Pros
Excellent B
Cons
Upper Management Expects more than you can deliver.
Overall good place to work.
Patient Care Secretarial Associate (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJAugust 29, 2018
A typical day at work for a PCSA on the CVICU unit is stocking supplies in the rooms so they are readily available for the nurses, ensuring all supplies necessary are on the unit, and assisting the nurses with patient care. The management was great with the Nurse Supervisor helping her underlings with anything they needed. Some downsides to the PCSA position is that you are able to do three separate jobs; patient care, secretary, and sitter. This means that the hospital can pull you to do any position on another unit if needed, which can be daunting if you rarely see your home unit.
Excellent
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJAugust 27, 2018
Excellent environment to work. Nice and Friendly teams. Celebrated almost all the national holiday. Team outing and really understand each other and work as a team all the time.
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  EnglewoodAugust 21, 2018
Great place to work. Everyone is always so friendly and kind. Manager is willing to listen to concerns and work with you. Hope to continue to work here.
The healthcare is excellent but the pay could be more.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJAugust 19, 2018
It is a nice place to work. The most enjoyable part of my job are the friends I made and work with everyday. We have many different cultures that I work with everyday. I would stay there but we relocated about an hour and half away. Englewood Hospital is a great place to work. The only issue I have is the pay. I wish they paid you more money. I would stay if they gave me more money.
Good system
EMSTour Chief (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJJuly 26, 2018
Busy EMS system, good staff, great cooperation with management, Great support from hospital administration. it is a good place to work and would recommend to others. Training center is also second to none.
Pros
Diverse area
Cons
Employee communication
Positive Atmosphere, Management and Workplace Culture
Quality Asurance and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJJuly 2, 2018
I enjoy managing, however, the most enjoyable part of my position was to develop policies, procedures and training modules for department and staff implementation. It demonstrated a collaborative and positive outlook for change for the staff in their role, as well as, to meet the needs of the department for the organization strategic goals.

The other part of my role was meeting with the staff on a monthly basis to review and discuss their Quality Assurance Score Card(measure % of the total number of patient registrations done per employee month, % registration errors, errors decrease, errors increased per area measured).
Pros
Management Support, Tools Provide and HR Developmental and Training opportunities
Cons
Ongoing computer system issues
Experience as a volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJJune 26, 2018
I volunteered at this hospital. I started off doing patient transport , then I worked in the infusion Dept I enjoyed working with patients and the staff was very helpful to me. I started to volunteer to get back into the work environment, I was hoping to get hired and be able to work in the hospital I really liked the environment and made lots of good friends that I still talk to today.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Did not get hired
good place to work
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJJune 25, 2018
very busy place; but its a hospital - we care more for the sick then the healthy so we have to run around to help those that can't help themselves due to illness.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Productive and a good experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJJune 16, 2018
Once you clock in, you are given different tasks and assignments throughout the day. The tasks cover different aspects of the hospital environment, whether you are discharging a patient, or bringing a specimen to the lab. The experience will give you a well rounded knowledge of the medical working environment.
na
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  yackJune 13, 2018
VEry nice place to work at, people are like family. Good training and good manangment. Good place to gain experiance at move up in the organization. 1
Englewood
Information (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 7, 2018
Has gotten downhill in terms of providing advancement for employees. Terrible management. I do not recommend anyone for this job if they are looking for anything that isn't nursing.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Stable job
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJMay 31, 2018
Fair job with very low pay doesn’t value their employees. They only show importance to their employee when it affects management. Just greatful to have a stable job.
Pros
Free lunches
Great Place
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJMay 23, 2018
Everyone in this hospital is amazing. They are all caring and helpful. The environment here is great, everyone treats everyone the same nothing different.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight