englishunt

englishunt Employee Reviews

United States17 reviews
I teach adult South Korean Students as a phone tutor online Mondays through Fridays Korean Time. The Students are great and eager to learn and management is so supportive and helpful. The workplace culture is stress free and laid back. The hardest part of the job is having back to back classes with little to no breaks in between. The friendly students are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Management is friendly and supports teachers, students are a joy to work with, and you have great job security.
Cons
Short breaks
I have been working here at their phone program and I really enjoy it. The students are great and are eager to learn English. We get to share stories and we learn about each other's culture.
Pros
Management is great and resourceful
Cons
Time difference but got ussd to it and pay only once a month but thats how they are paid in Korea.
I have learned a lot from the great people of South Korea. I have made friendships with many diverse South Koreans while helping them with their English that I will cherish for the rest of my life. A very rewarding experience.
Always friendly and well organized. I was happy to work with them as an illustator for more then 5 years. We did great job together and prepared nice educational matirials for kids learning english.Exellent time!
I have been with Englishunt for 3 years, and have been very happy. The managers are easy to work with, friendly, and supportive. I love being able to work from home and teaching Japanese students is a complete joy. The lessons are already planned for you. The only time I spend outside of actual teaching hours is spent reviewing the upcoming lesson plans and gathering any props I want to tie into the lesson. This is an awesome opportunity for anyone that would like to make some extra income working from home.
Pros
This is a great way to make money working from home, and provides a steady income throughout the year.
Cons
The middle of the night hours are a drawback.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I have worked for this company for 7 years. The managers are always fair and helpful. PowerPoint and lessons are provided by the company to help make your lessons the best that they can be. If you want the convenience of working from home, and the experience of working with great students and teachers from Korea and Japan, this company would be a great fit for you.
Pros
Convenience of working from your own home; helpful management
Cons
Time difference.
I love working for this company! They are very nice, understanding, helpful, and flexible. The managers/supervisors are always willing to help! The Korean teachers and students are a joy to work with!
Pros
Everything from the assistance from the managerial staff, to the materials being provided to help you teach are excellent.
Cons
The hours are really early, but it's worth getting up early for!
Good company to work for if you want to work part-time online. Very flexible staff, excellent opportunities to increase hours.
Pros
Helpful and supportive, anti-stress environment
Cons
No healthcare benefits, pay needs to be increased
This is a super job to have! Great early am hours so you can work early and allows you the remaining of the day! Also, the students are a blast to work with and to deal with a group that eagerly wants to learn English is refreshing. Management is pleasant and prompt in responding to request! I love my job!
Pros
at home employment, working with students!
I have been working with Englishunt for a few months, but have really enjoyed my time with the company. The staff is very responsive and accomodating to your needs. Working with the Korean children is great fun and the time with them just flies by. Having the flexibility to work from my home is the cherry on top!
Pros
easily accessible, flexible hours, and accomodating, responsive staff.
Cons
never really sure of schedule, can change unexpectedly
I have been with Englishunt for only a few months, but I have enjoyed every minute of it. You work with students who are motivated to succeed and have a great sense of humor. The work load is fairly light, with the only expecation: show up and make the learning experience of the students as fun and enjoyable as possible! The supervisors are amazing and are willing to help at every turn and give great feedback for how you are doing. Even though the classes are taught online or over the phone, you really get to bond with the students and grow teacher-student relationships like you would if you were in a regular classroom. If you enjoy one-on-one, small group, or full classroom discussions, then Englishunt would be a great fit for you!
The company is very friendly and supportive of it's teachers. I like the aspect of working from home and reaching students halfway across the world.
Pros
work from home, flexible schedule
I’ve worked through Englishunt for more than a year and it is a great experience. The materials are easy to use, fun and effective. I love meeting my students. Whether it is a group class or one on one, the students are well prepared and motivated. Teaching in Korea from my own home on the coast of Maine with Englishunt is great!
Pros
fair pay, teaching materials provided
Cons
hours- time difference
There is nothing more rewarding than being able to teach English to kids who love to learn. I am so grateful that I have been given this amazing opportunity. I work with the most ambitious, dedicated, kind and considerate children every morning and I am supported by an amazing staff who have helped me every step of the way.
Pros
work from home, amazing kids, learning another culture, limited lesson planning, no paperwork, supportive staff
Cons
up early
Englishunt promotes a student-centered, positive learning environment. Students and teachers interact using English dialogues, idiomatic expressions and theme-centered conversations. This quick-paced interchange is a fun way for students to become more comfortable with conversational English. Students progress through levels of proficiency that evolve from specific English patterns. Technology and scheduling support from administrators enables teachers to focus totally on teaching and interacting with the students. Students learn from their homes in Korea while the teachers have the luxury of teaching from their own homes. The online nature of this job, delightful students and a well-organized curriculum make the work with Englishunt unique and totally worthwhile.
Pros
work from home, talk with fun students, meet people from all over the world, improve technology skills, work online.
Cons
renegotiated school contracts, teach 3 or 4 hours straight, work time is korean standard time.
Englishunt is a wonderful company which allows you to make great money while working from home! The hours are early, which allow you to have the rest of your day to yourself. You get the opportunity to teach amazing students and learn another culture. The directors and supervisors of Englishunt are the best in the business and they offer support and give you confidence unlike any other employers I've worked with!
I have enjoyed working with Englishunt as a phone English instructor. If you choose to work for Englishunt you will get the opportunity to help make students' lives better as a result of their improved English communication abilities. The management staff members at Englishunt are encouraging and helpful.