Engoo
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

Engoo Employee Reviews

I have a lot of regular students and most of the new ones I get are friendly. The only problem is that no matter if your native language is English or how well you speak the language or if you have any certification, IF YOU DON'T COME FROM AN ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRY, the pay is insanely low. Also, it does not matter how good you are, the pay remains the same, there's no advancement.
Pros
Flexibility, support team, punctual pay
Cons
Extremely low pay for those who come from countries where english is not a native language
A generally easy job, especially if you have prior teaching experience. You do 25 minute classes which you can open around your own schedule. Performance is monitored through ratings given by students. It took me about 4 days to be able to get to a point where my classes were being fully booked. You need little to no preparation for lessons and there are lessons 24 hours a day giving you excellent flexibility. If students are 15 minutes late to a lesson or don't show up, the class is automatically cancelled and you receive pay for that class.
Pros
Flexibility, no preparation required, a wealth of free materials, incentives
Cons
Low pay
In the past 6 years, there has been no salary increase or even growth in my career in the company. Sometimes they do give out incentives, the students are wonderful very polite especially the Japanese students.
Pros
Flexible sched
Cons
No improvement
Tutor support is always out to get you. They always side with the student. Each TS will give you a directive to follow, when you do, the next TS will penalize you that it's not the right thing to do.
Pros
Not much to say
Cons
Not much students to teach. Very few bookings. Sometimes 1/month
I worked here for about a year. The pay is low but offers flexible hours unlike other ESL companies that has blocked/ peak that are required on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
One can learn a lot here due to the good reponsive students and helpful management staff. Despite the low salary, this is a good place for new teachers to begin their online teaching career.
It’s a fun and easy place with 100% flexibility and control of your hours. The students and support team are nice most of the time. I love not having to prep for lessons. The pay is always on time. But there are no opportunities for advancement or pay raise.
Pros
Students, flexibility, lesson materials and punctual pay
Cons
No benefits, low pay, the rating system and no chance of pay raise
The culture and structure in Bibo may be quite different now, so read my review with that in mind. When I first joined this company, it was very much a startup. Job descriptions and responsibilities were fluid. Hierarchies were mostly flat. In my time there, everyone was a pleasure to work with. Training stubborn teachers had its share of challenges, but that was part of the job. The company was quite generous with us and management was very reasonable to talk to. They made sure that employees were well-equipped and valued. Clubs were also started at the time to encourage hobbies and healthier lifestyles. HR and management did all they could to prevent burnout. Job security was rock solid. Job advancement was difficult to secure once Bibo transitioned to a more seasoned and structured company. You will have to go above and beyond the call of duty to be considered for promotion. And if you are stuck with a lackluster superior, then that's just something you'll have to live with.
Overall, the staff are very understanding and supportive, the pay is decent when you are busy, but the only downfall is that you can have months where you barely get booked.
Students are great. Flexible working sched because you don't need to click any ready button. However, pay is really LOW for an audio and video class. I got 60 pesos per 25 mins. And they don't post any daily incentives compared before. I hope the tutors will have an option not to have a video class next time. I hope the company will change these rules. if not, they might lost a lot of old tutors
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Engoo?
We have flexible work hours. you work on your preferred time. they have incentives if you reach certain quotas. students are fun to work with and management also checks on your status
Bibo Global (now Engoo) is a fun place to work. The students are pleasant and easy to deal with. The lesson materials are well structured and easy to teach. The interview process went smoothly. They are very professional. The booking rate is excellent too; sometimes I get up to 12 classes per day. My only issue is the pay...very cheap
Pros
booking rate, flexibility, students
Cons
pay
Bibo Global provides you work at your own home and at your own time. The management monitors its employee's day to day activities and takes actions fairly.
It's not easy being a teacher. Salute to all teachers.I thought it was easy at first considering i was just at home but the more classes i held the more exhausting it was.
It's a gtreat opportunity working with Bibo. I enjoyed everything and working for the company. Learned and challenged a lot. I love Bibo but I just don't know about the present management., because I heard the company already changed their name.
You may choose your own schedule. Most of the students were polite and lovely. The salary, however, was a little disappointing. Working here may pay for one's extra allowance but it will not suffice as a single source of income.
I really enjoyed working hear, I love the students I teach, my coworkers are really lovely and kind. The entire company is very accommodating, very amazing experience to work hear.
The company has given me a lot of experience especially in knowing other people. I enjoyed knowing the culture of other countries. A typical day at work was to speak to students formally and casually sometimes.
It was a nice to teach with Bibo. The students were nice and easy to work with. The management was able to provide assistance to tutors in times of need.
I worked for this company for a year and found them to be highly efficient and professional with a super tutor support team. The students were very nice I never had any problem or dificult students the Japanese people are great. The work was enjoyable and I liked the freedom of being able to set my own schedule. It gave me a lot of experience which was valuable. My only disappointement was the pay which is less than the British minimum wage and being a skilled job that involves expenses like unlimited internet package, electric and heating a room to work from it is not possible to continue working when I can get an unskilled job that pays me more and holiday, sick pay etc. I would recommend it as a an additional income but not as a fulltime job as it's not possible to live off the wage in the U.K. It's a great place to gain experience if you are a new teacher. If the pay was £5 per half hour then I would have stayed and given them a 5 star review.
Pros
flexible schedule, gain experience
Cons
poor pay
There's equal chance for every tutor. High bookability rate. Lessons are relevant and useful. Great management and support team. Fantastic for beginner teachers. However, very very very minimal incentives.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
low wage
  1. Employee Reviews