Engoo

Engoo Employee Reviews for English Teacher

Engoo insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Great lessons if you can get them

When I started a few weeks ago I had many students who enjoyed my classes and I encouraged them to return. I did everything to attract more students such as tagging, good profile, opening slots etc but it is very slow and I feel time is wasted just sitting waiting for a student to book. If they were guaranteed slots then no problem!

Pros

Great support staff

Cons

lack of commitment from students

Flexible schedule

I've been with Engoo for 6 years now and i am very happy with the company. The materials are easy to use, the students are very respectful and the management is not stressful.

Cons

Low rate

It's okay

The work schedule is flexible, but the salary is too low. People are generally friendly, but some are very grumpy. The main problem is the low salary.

Terrible Pay

Engoo seems to support their staff in every way except compensation.The best thing about them is that teachers can work as much or as little as they like but The pay is abysmal.

Pros

Great work-life balance/Ultra-flexible hours

Cons

Terrible pay

Easy for a bit of money on the side

I had worked for Engoo for a few years on and off. The interview process was relatively easy and the training was straightforward. You can start working pretty much straight away. As a native speaker I didn't struggle to fill up my slots that I opened, even if they were at unfavourable hours. Having to pay a penalty fee when you cancel a lesson, even if you cancel with more than several hours notice, was one of the biggest turn-offs for me. There are also no bonuses or incentives to open more lessons (apart from a $50 bonus you get for doing more than I think 150 lessons in a month- can't remember the exact number). Sometimes the students are really rude and they never get seem to get punished for it in any way, which is stressful when they keep booking your lessons.

Pros

Can work whenever you want, remote, get to meet lots of people

Cons

No bonus, low wage, cancellation penalty, demanding students

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

So-so

Students are great. Flexible working sched because you don't need to click any ready button. However, pay is really LOW for an audio and video class. I got 60 pesos per 25 mins. And they don't post any daily incentives compared before. I hope the tutors will have an option not to have a video class next time. I hope the company will change these rules. if not, they might lost a lot of old tutors

flexible work hours

We have flexible work hours. you work on your preferred time. they have incentives if you reach certain quotas. students are fun to work with and management also checks on your status

Good

Bibo Global provides you work at your own home and at your own time. The management monitors its employee's day to day activities and takes actions fairly.

Flexible and enjoyable

You can choose your own hours, as little or as much as you like which is great. Easy to contact if need to ask questions. Decent enough materials available for teaching.

An excellent company to gain experience of teaching students from Asia

The pros of working for this company include the opportunity to teach students of all levels from mainly Asian countries, although there are students from some European countries too. Also, teachers are home-based and they can arrange their schedules on their own. The company provides lesson materials and teacher training. The cons refer to low salaries and few opportunities for promotion.

Convenient and provide work life balance

Bibo is the most convenient job that I had in the past. It provided me the work life balance that I have been wishing for from my previous job as a CSR. It allowed me to work from the comfort of my home while taking care of my daughter and family.

Terrible company

NEVER WORK/APPLY on this platform. It's a total scam! *At first, you'll get a lot of students and then afterwards, the number of students will SLOWLY DECREASE. *The Customer Support will be very accommodating at first BUT when you receive a complain or a low rating, even though it's not your fault (Ex. Technical Issues, Skype Issues, Connection Issues on the Students' End, etc.), they would NEVER EVER listen on your side of the story. They will only listen to the student. *They will CANCEL the class if a student complains, EVEN THOUGH: 1. You conduct the lesson properly. 2. You spent time to teach the student. 3. You find ways to connect to the student. 4. You report to them in the middle of the class, and finally, 5. IT'S THEIR SYSTEM'S FAULT. (They would NEVER EVER admit that it's THEIR SYSTEM'S FAULT, even though they've been making some updates without the tutor's knowledge/any notifications.) AND by CANCELLING the lesson means, YOU WILL GET PENALIZED. *Not just that! Even if you conducted the lesson properly, BUT YOU WERE LATE FOR SUBMITTING THE LESSON NOTES, YOU WON'T BE PAID!!! *Aside from that, there is NO CAREER GROWTH. You can be a tutor for a long time without any job promotions.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Lots of Deductions, Lots of system glitch, Customer Support Reps. are like robots, Low Salary (P60/25 min.), Unreasonable Penalties!

Productive and fun

I met a lot of people from different Asian countries, especially from Japan. A lot of my students were from Japan. My students were very friendly and fun to talk with. Thank you Bibo!

Pros

Flexible working hours

Fun and enjoyable

It's nice to work with other culture because you are teaching and learning at the same time. It's nice because I already made this before as my part time and it's very convenient and very comfortable working at home.

Pros

additional incentives

Cons

loading systems

Flexible

Engaging foreign students, approachable supervisors, and convenient for students. The job is really meant for students who want to work while studying for the time is flexible. The management being too student-centered is a con.

Pros

Students, experience

Cons

No protection from students, too student-centered

Fun

Your working with a variety of people and ages mostly in Japan, teaching them English. It's fun to be a part of someone's growth and to see the excitement of learning a new language.

fun workplace

It was a fun and productive work. It was my firts time to have my job and definitely the most exciting and fruitful. Sometimes, it was hard but I can manage everything. It was literally good and bad at times because of the internet connection.

Pros

free time

Giving out knowledge

Everyday we are booked by couple of students depending on what time we are available. Most of my students are Japanese, every day I teach them how to speak English with correct pronunciation. I learned that I am blessed that my English skills are good since it is an advantage for me to communicate better. The management in this company is good since they are very accommodating knowing at that moment I am still at college. The hardest part of my job is balancing my job and school at the same time since that time I don't have a lot of time to do my job since I have requirements in school to finish. The most enjoyable thing in my job is the deep conversation between me and my students and some of them became my friend.

organized company

the technical support staff and training supervisors are efficient and accomodating. they have an organized structure of english lesson materials. easy to learn procedures.

Convenience in working at home.

I teach basic English language to foreign students thru Skype everyday at the comfort of my home. Apart from teaching, I also learned a lot of things from my students including their culture and basic traditions. I do not find any hard part on this job since I work from home thus I enjoy meeting and also making friends with them(students) through this job.

Pros

Work at home

Cons

*none*

The people are friendly and approachable.

The management are good and will try to help you in what you need or what you want to know about the job etc. Working at BIBO part time was not easy but the job was fulfilling because I got to help others in my own little way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Engoo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

1.9
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.1Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Career recommendations for English Teacher

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Learn about Engoo in popular locations

• Engoo